CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Grass / Ghost

Because it can run boosting, non-boosting attack based, and non-boosting status based sets equally effectively, and I do mean equally. Defensive weaknesses are less important than defensive resistances, as the metagame has taught us over and over again (Raikou has great stats, everything it needs in terms of movepool, and only one weakness, and it's UU). And while I'm at it, shinyskarmory's premise that Grass is a terrible offensive and defensive type suggests to me that he does theorymon much better than he plays the actual OU metagame.

Grass / Ghost
I may be one of the few who is voting for Grass/Ghost who doesn't think that Poison/Dragon would be broken. I just think that Grass/Ghost can incorporate all of Sketch's possibilities better.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seriously people? Were did all these grass/ghost votes come from.

Poison/Dragon is where it's at.

I just don't get the concern about Dragon. Dragon/Fire is no better coverage than Ghost/Fighting. In fact, Ghost/Fighting is probably the more powerful coverage cause it actually hits a bunch super effectively. And anyone who voted against PD because of moves or stats should really reconsider. Nothing is decided, and it is not automatically going to get anything.

That being said, I'm voting for it because, as I have said, I don't think it is a good idea for CAP2 to have an immunity, much less two. If you are worried about set up, then you should be worried more about a type that gives it free opportunities to do so.

Poison/Dragon

I really wanted electric/poison, because that fullfils the role of bulky offense without to many resistances, without being incredibly weak. But Poison/Dragon is a good compromise, because i just dont see Grass/Ghost having staying power, without a recovery move outside of Rest

Grass/Ghost
Dragon would give it so much neutral coverage it would only use a very select set of moves, Grass/Ghost would require sacrifices for coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)