CAP 24 CAP 24 - Part 11 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission

Baomass

A combination of "Baobab," and "Mass" which refers to its sumo appearance and it is also a pun of "biomass" with "baobab"

Pronounced: BAY-oh-mas
IPA: beɪoʊmæs

Last edited:
Final Submission

Kaizobab

A combination of the words Kazoba (divinity), and Izoba (sun) from african tribes, Hikari (japanese for light) and Baobab.

Pronounced: Kah - E - Zoh - Bab
IPA: kɑ - i - zoʊ - bæb

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Final Submission

Babbadin

A combination of "baobab" and "paladin", because our tree buddy looks like he's fighting for a cause.

Pronounced: "BAB-uh-din"
IPA: 'bæbədɪn

Final Submission

Baodjembe

A combination of "baobab" and "djembe." Give our jolly fren a beat to dance to.

Pronounced: bay-oh-JEHM-beh
IPA: beɪoʊdʒɛmbeɪ

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Baoberon

A portmanteau of "baobab" and "Oberon", Shakespeare's King of the Faeries from A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Pronounced: "BAYO-ber-ron"
IPA: beɪoʊbərɒn

Last edited:

Polkadot_q

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Baobakishi

Combination of "Baobab" the tree our CAP base on and "Rikishi" Japanese term of sumo wrestler

Pronounced: " Bay-oh-ba-key-she"

Ice_Ice_Nice

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Kubbao

"Kubwa" the Swahili for giant and "baobab" the tree name

Pronounced: "Kyub-Bey-Oh"

Last edited:
Final Submission

Jumbao

Portmanteau of "Jumbo" + "Baobab Tree" which refers its bulk for vs Celesteela matchups; references to the Jumbay Tree and djembe drum via pronunciation.

Pronounced: "JUM-bay-oh"

IPA: /ˈʤʌm.beɪəʊ/

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Meritree

Combination of "Meri" a sun-god, and "Tree".

Pronouced: Merry-tree

porg_1

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Kichimbabao

Combine from the words "kichimbakazi" Swahili for fairy and "baobab" from the Baobab tree

Pronounced: "Ki-Chim-ba-Bey-OH

Final Submition

Kiintzebab

Kiinushii (Okanawan name for tree spirits) + Kentze (Nyanga sun god) + Boabab (Tree the design is based off of)

Pronounced: Keen-Tsee-Bab

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Rabaozuna

Combination of Ra, the Egyptian Sun god, Baobab, the tree which the design is based on, and Yokuzuna, the highest rank of Sumo wrestlers

Pronounced: Rah-BAO-zuna

Last edited:
Final Submission

Combao

A combination of the words Combo (looks like a sumo wrestler, is designed to combine with weather teams) and Baobab, the inspiration tree.

Pronounced: "com-BAY-oh"

Final Submission

Baonetta

Baobab + Neto (God of Sun, fitting for Drought) + Arboreta (p. Arboretum, a tree-based botanical garden)

Pronounced: Bay-oh-NET-uh

1524955214922.png

I regret nothing.

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Gargantreant

"gargantuan" + "treant"

Pronounced: "gar-GAN-tree-ant"
IPA: gɑɹgæntriænt

Couldn't think of a name with "baobab" I liked better than other people's names, so I went with this! Given baobab's mass, it could have a massive name as well. :P

WIP

Baodrasil

Baobab + Yggdrasil

Pronounciation: Bao-Drah-Sil

Both of these names are derivatives of the Tree of Life, which this CAP is based off of

WIP

Baoboom

Based on the phrase "bada bing, bada boom".

Pronounced: "bay-oh-BOOM"
IPA: ˌbɛi əu ˈbum (vowel position and length depends on your accent)

I wanted a baobab-related name that wasn't awkward to say and write. Most English speakers will likely recognize this phrase as a way to highlight the accomplishment of a simple task. Given my anticipation of CAP 24's power level, I suspect its trainers will find themselves saying this phrase quite a bit.

Blatant polljump: I really think this name would work best if paired with a pre-evolution named "Baobing". If this supposition is a problem, I can tailor the name or scrap my submission.

final submission

Raifuku

Rai ( for the shimenawa around the base of the tree which symbolizes that lighting has struck the area and is now holy land )+ Fuku ( for the mask that it’s wearing as an attempt to disguise its self and look somewhat human )

RAI-fu-KU

Final Submission

Baoboom

Based on the phrase "bada bing, bada boom".

Pronounced: "bay-oh-BOOM"
IPA: ˌbɛi əu ˈbum (vowel quality and length depends on your accent)

I wanted a baobab-related name that wasn't awkward to say and write. Most English speakers will likely recognize this phrase as a way to highlight accomplishing a simple task. Given my anticipation of CAP 24's power level, I suspect its trainers will find themselves saying this phrase quite a bit.

I will push to complete the pun by making sure it has a single pre-evolution named "Baobing".

Steam Buns

:rosetriumph:
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Thiccet

Derived from the word thicket (if you didn't know meaning a group of bushes or trees) makes reference to the dense or ''thick'' design of our mon and could also function as irony as a play on the fact it's relatively devoid of leaves and shrubbery

This is a simple name that's easy to say and rolls off the tongue no fancy Japanese words. I know this could be considered a "joke" submission due to a certain meme but that isn't my intention I believe it should be taken into genuine consideration as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)