CAP 26 - TL & TLT Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
With our celebration CAP behind us, let's start CAP26!

I know a lot of users who have been itching to join CAP26's leadership, and now's your opportunity to step up! Be sure to read the rest of the OP to fully understand the qualifications for TL and TLT members.

This is the thread for people to announce their desire to become either the Topic Leader (TL) or a member of the Topic Leadership Team (TLT) for this creation project. Do not suggest other users. If someone wants to become the TL or a TLT member, they will post on their own, and if they don't have a strong urge to be it then they shouldn't be signing up anyway. The CAP project requires the utmost dedication and a substantial amount of free time, especially to lead, meaning that only those who have carefully considered the magnitude of their application will apply at all. If you are not prepared to fulfill all of the responsibilities to the very end, then do not throw your hat into the ring.

Before applying it is important to read and understand the following posts
Topic Leadership
CAP 5 - Policy Review Summary

We are looking to fill the following five positions to help us lead the creation of this new Pokemon:

• Topic Leader: In the public's eyes, this is the leader of the project. Unlike past Topic Leaders, they now only make the slate for Concept Submissions. Overall, the goal of the TL is "quality control", not "project control". The responsibilities of the TL include running Concept Assessment, Threats Discussion, and finalizing the slates of TLT members.
  • Topic Leadership Team: The TLT will be leading the four major competitive aspects of creating a Pokemon. They will make slates for their respective threads and provide meaningful discussion points to their specific area. Note that TLT members are allowed to make submissions during stages of the CAP process that they are not actively leading. We are looking to fill the following four positions:
    • Typing Leader
    • Ability Leader
    • Stats Leader
    • Movepool Leader
When making your application, please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. You must identify whether you're applying for TL or TLT (you are allowed to apply for both). You are allowed to specific which position you'd like to fill on the TLT, but it is not required. Topic leaders and TLT members should have the following qualifications:

• Timeliness; each leader must be able to commit the time to active leadership
  • Deep knowledge of the game of Pokemon
  • Specific knowledge of the CAP Metagame and the Pokemon, strategies, threats within it is very helpful. If you don't have this already, you at least need the willingness and motivation to learn these very quickly.
  • Familiarity with competitive Pokemon concepts, strategy, and philosophy, as practiced within Smogon
  • Willing to voice opinions and lead others
  • Open-minded to new ideas
  • Creative, "outside-of-the-box" thinker
  • Good writing skills
  • Level-headed when resolving disputes
  • Liked and respected by the CAP community
Once this CAP starts, the Topic Leader and the Topic Leadership Team will be the most important, most visible members of the CAP community, and they are expected to be a strong guiding force throughout the creation process. If you are selected for any of these positions, you will have a great deal of power to influence the project. But you also have a responsibility to stay on top of things. You will have forum moderators to help you, but you need to be regularly active on the project until it is complete. All potential candidates should look through both the Topic Leadership Guide and the CAP Process Archive, to get an idea of what will be expected of you, if you are selected to be the CAP 26 Topic Leader or TLT member.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic. Below are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
  • Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project. Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.
  • Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM or talk to them on IRC.
  • If you are new to the CAP project, do not sign up in this thread. Instead, spend a project or two lurking, learning, and participating first.
  • Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.
  • Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then you can't expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate. Convince us that you are a good choice.
  • Poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar are great ways to look as though you don't know what you're talking about. A thoughtful and intelligent community leader should be capable of typing at a level above typical internet banter.
  • Even if you don't think you are better qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting your application. Candidates not selected as TL or TLT for this project will be on the watch list by the PRC for next time around. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected, since people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely.
  • Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.
  • Do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.
If these rules are not followed, the offending user will be subject to moderation.

I'm looking forward to reading these noms. Let's have a great process with CAP26!

J my name is Jordy, the CAP metagame is what I go about.

I'd like to apply for TLT for any of stats, ability, and typing as well as TL. I got into cap following this post from Birkal, and have since then stayed an active presence within the CAP community. I've observed the process of CAP 25 very closely, and have read through some of the older processes as well.

What I think really makes me qualified is my experience in the CAP metagame. If you have paid any attention the Create-A-Pokemon metagame forum, you will have noticed my presence within recent months. I host projects such as CAP Cores and the CAP Sets VR. I'm also a member of the Viability Ranking team. In addition to this, I lead the CAP analyses project together with snake_rattler, where I've written (and still am writing) and checked a lot of CAP analyses. Lastly, and probably most notably, I'm also part of the newly founded CAP Council.

While I did not actively partake in CAP 25, having metagame knowledge is actually extremely important when making a CAP. With my metagame knowledge, I can help make sure that CAP26 follows its concept and ends up as a balanced product.

It's finally here!
This time around, I'll be throwing my hat into the ring for TL and all TLT Positions.

I've participated in CAP since Plasmanta's process, becoming more and more active in some of the recent projects to the point where I believe I now have a strong grasp on the project.

Many of you will know me from strong showings in CAP tournaments, as well as being part of many teams within the CAP metagame subforum, such as VR, QC and the newly created Metagame Council. I believe I have both the metagame knowledge and a good understanding of CAP as a whole to make an excellent addition to the TLT for CAP 26.

Outside of CAP I also have leadership experience, owning and running 2 rooms on PS! for a lengthy period of time, which I believe gives me excellent experiences to draw from in terms of directing discussions and crucial decision making.

I'm really looking forward to CAP 26, lets make it a good one!

Hello! I’m Rev. I am applying for TL and TLT. I would be happy with any stage, although I personally would like Typing and Ability leader.

I’ve been on Smogon since the beginning of this generation. Outside of CAP, I’ve dabbled in NU, OU, Analysis Writing, ASB, and Ubers. However, the part of the forum is Pet Mods, of which the most popular is led by myself (Fusion Evolution, check it). In terms of CAP, I discovered since the updates, starting around Aurumoth’s update thread. I posted a custom ability idea, unaware of how CAP works. I was infracted, but I picked myself back up and learned how CAP worked. Since them, I’ve gotten Aqua Tail to Tomohawk as flavor, Damp on Cyclohm as flavor, and more importantly, Pajantom’s usage of Heal Block and Jumbao getting Trace were created and popularized by me respectively. I’ve also been active in discussion since I joined Smogon and CAP, from Voodoom’s updates onwards. I have been especially active on Discord.

I personally believe that I deserve to be TLT because I am extremely passionate about CAP, and I am more than willing to spend as much time as I can discussing with people and working on making sure this process goes swimmingly. Another reason that I should join is that I am extremely enthusiastic about CAP. In fact, I on multiple occasions have ran through hypotheticals and debated myself about every competitive aspect of CAP, from typing to movesets. I also am extremely willing to own up to my mistakes and will gladly hear feedback from my fellow TLT members or even the TL themself. Another reason is that I plan to not just take threads into consideration when making slates and the like, but I also shall listen to Discord discussions as well. I believe that while they are much more informal, they shouldn’t be completely ignored when forming a CAP. I also am very much willing to try new things and things that are outside of the box. Overall, I’m energetic, enthusiastic, extremely excited to engage with users, am open to feedback and experimentation and eager to help CAP go forward!

Last edited:

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Hey guys! SHSP here, and I'm applying for TL and any TLT.

I've been around in CAP for a pretty solid amount of time now, getting my first hint of it as Malaconda ended, and finally starting to participate in the midstages of Kerfluffle. The bulk of my experience in the CAP process comes from the last two CAPs: I was Typing TLT for Jumbao, and rather involved in CAP 25s process as well. I'm very active on Discord, and with an easier school schedule should have far more time for active, consistent posting in this process on Smogon this time around.

In terms of overall CAP experience, the bulk of mine falls within the metagame sphere. I serve on the CAP Metagame Council, the Viability Rankings and Set Viability Rankings panels, and the Quality Control team for CAP's analyses. I also manage the Speed Tiers and contribute to several other threads and resources. I was Snake's assistant manager for the Pernicious Pajantoms in CAPTT 4, where I helped lead the team to the trophy. Just recently, I was added to the Moderation team for CAP.

I hope that my combination of metagame savvy, process knowledge and leadership skills makes me a solid candidate for TL or any TLT position. If anyone needs a hand or has any questions, don't be afraid to shoot me a PM on Discord or talk to me on here. I'm extremely excited for this CAP- Let's make it an awesome one!

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone! I'm GMars - some of you may know me from CAP 25 or, if you've written articles or analyses for CAP, you may have come across me editing the work. I'm applying for all TLT positions for CAP 26, since I've had a great time during the previous process and want to bring my leadership experience to make CAP 26 a success.

I've been involved in the CAP metagame since winning CAP TT 3 and earning a spot in the CAP Hall of Fame. I was also involved in CAP TT 4 behind the scenes with the Swashbuckling Arghos in team discussions and playtesting. During and after this experience, I became involved in the process for CAP 25, really enjoying the aspect of thoughtful analysis that the process brings. Since then, I've been accepted to the CAP PRC and am looking forward to helping out there.

I've a number of leadership experiences in both Smogon and Showdown that will help provide my foundation as a TLT member. I co-lead the OU side of the Analysis project, selecting and leading our Quality Control team while ensuring the Smogon Pokedex stays up to date with the current metagame. I also moderate the OU forum and room on Pokemon Showdown, helping to lead discussions through forum projects and day-to-day room activities. Apart from these areas, you might also run into me doing Grammar-Prose checks for articles, analyses, and spotlights across the site. These activities require and have developed the skills I'll need in TLT: timeliness, a deep knowledge of competitive Pokemon, and the ability to lead others while encouraging good creative ideas.

My analysis work has led me to really enjoy CAP and become passionate about improving the on-site resources. CAP as a process allows and encourages deep, insightful thought into potential Pokemon and the complex interactions they'll have in a metagame that's been entirely developed and balanced by the community. I'm looking forward to engaging in this process again with y'all, and let's have a good one!

Frostbiyt

Not Exactly Helping
Hello, I'm Frostbiyt, I thought I should let everyone know because apparently names aren't displayed right at the start of posts in this thread.

Anyways, I'm applying for all four TLT positions. A brief overview of my history with Smogon: I started playing Pokemon Showdown in late Gen 5 when I first got back into Pokemon, played until early or mid Gen 6, then got back into PS around a year ago and have been playing regularly since then.

I've been participating in the CAP process and metagame since around the beginning of CAP 24. I'm not the best battler, but I do make sure to follow what's going on in the meta and I join most of the CAP tournaments. I also have quite a bit of knowledge about Pokemon game mechanics, having devoted way too much of my life reading articles on Bulbapedia and Smogon.

I dont really have much leadership experience, but what I lack in that I think I more than make up for by having a pretty good amount of free time to keep up with the discussion on both the forums and Discord.

So that's pretty much all I have to say, but I think most of you here know me well enough to decide whether or not I'd make a good addition to the TLT.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Guess its that time of year again.

Hey all! LucarioOfLegends here, applying for all TLT positions, which a preference to type and ability if possible, but will take about anything. I initially started lurking around when I think the Plasmanta concept workshop was around (don't know the specific date), and officially started in CAP at the end of the Kerfluffle project. I'm a pretty common presence on the discord server and less recently the Showdown room, but I am still quite active.

I'm generally not a tournament presence for CAP, but I have had multiple showings before, most notably supporting from the back the winning team CAPTT 4 (go pajs), including winning an important battle for it. I also have participated in every Gen 7 process to some extent, and submitted multiple winning movepool updates for the CAP Updates process.

In terms of Leadership, I've had a little less than some applicants but still a great showing. I am currently a member of the CAP QC team, helping check and write a number of different analyses, including some still in the process. I also served as the Ability Leader for Pajantom, so I already have experience in the Process area.

I look forward to making this process the best this generation has to offer! Let's do it!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi I am G-Luke, and I'd like to sign up for any of the TLT positions available, specifically Movepool Leader.

I have lurking around CAP since the movepool stage of Crucibelle, and started contributing for CAP during Kerfluffle's movepool stage. In this relatively short time, I have managed to make a name for myself as a respected community member, and have contributed alot to CAP (from Updates, to various prevos to Jumbao's stats to the stats of Snaekstron and Smokomodo's movepool), which culminated with me receiving a Community Contributor badge for my efforts. I am very active in the Discord channel and present throughout the Showdown! chatroom. I also have experience in the CAP Metagame, being a respectable battler if I do say so myself.

Leadership experience comes from the fact that I am leader and Moderator of the Pet Mods subforum in Other Metagames, in which creativity is key. I would like to bring this wave of creative critical thinking plus adept metagame knowledge to help herald CAP 26 to great success!

Hi! I'd like to apply for the position of Stats Leader.

I'm quite active in the metagame, and participated significantly in the creation of the past three CAPs, particularly in the stats stage for Smokomodo. I've played on Pokemon Showdown since the fourth generation, and am level-headed, fair to new ideas while not being afraid to argue for the positions I think are best. I am also quite capable of giving structured argumentation and explanation, and am willing to put a lot of work into whatever position I am assigned to.

I'm only applying for the Stats position because I feel it is most connected to objective goals and is late on enough in the process that theory-monning is limited, and so it is best fitted to my competencies.

Hello, I'm Mx and I'd like to apply for TL or any position in the TLT, with preference to Ability leader.

I started lurking CAP back in Gen 5 and since the begging of Gen 7 I started to actively participate in the process. I'm a pretty active player with tournament presence, and I'm involved with various metagame resources, including the Role Compendium, VR, and sets VR. I've written a couple of analysis, and I'm a part of the QC team, usually trying to do at least one check per week. Recently I've also been selected as a member of the metagame council in charge of balancing problematic past creations. As for my previous leadership experience in the main CAP process, I was Movepool leader for CAP 24, and I'm usually pretty active on the forums, so I'm confidant that I can handle the responsibilities of this role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)