CAP 27 Prevo - Part 5 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Cintilla

A corruption of Scintilla, meaning a small spark or flash.

Pronounced: "sin-TIL-uh"
IPA: /sinˈtilə/

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Eftrelle

Eft (a juvenile or baby Newt)+ Estrelle (French name meaning Child of the stars)

Pronounced: Eff-trehl

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
WIP

Heliotl

A portmanteau of helio- ( a common prefix for sun-related words, plus the former god of the sun in Greek mythology), and axolotl

Pronounced: Hee-lee-o-ot-el

Final Submission

Protolotl

Combining proto, meaning "original or primitive", as in proto-star, and axolotl.

Pronounced: "pro-toe-lot-uhl"

Final Submission

Astrolittle

Because somebody had to. (Cheap I know. But at this point it might just stick. Good to see others have basically done the same thing but better.)

Last edited:

MrPanda

not a bear
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
Final Submission

Solitl

Combination of "solar" + corruption of "little". "litl" is written to refer the writing of axolotl.

Pronounced: "SOH-lit-ul"

Final Submission

Axopollo

Combination of "axolotl" and "Apollo", Greek god of the Sun. Apollo is also the name of a spacecraft, associating with the space theme Astrolotl has.

Pronounced: "ak-suh-pok-oh"
IPA: /ˈæk.səˌpɑloʊ/

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Coronotl

A portmanteau of “Corona” (The outer layer of the Sun and “Crown” in Spanish) and “Axolotl”.

Pronounced: “koor-oh-NAW-tul”
IPA: /ˌkɒroʊˈnɔːˌtl/

Final Submission

Radiotl

A combination of Radiation (Because the sun radiates heat and it seems to have a radiant personality) and axolotl

Pronounced "Ray-DEE-aw-tle"

Last edited:
Final Submission

Sparkl

Spark + axolotl. Also, sparkle.

Pronounced: spa-KL (looks a bit wonky, but it's fine)
IPA: spɑkl

Thought it sounded cute, and it fits thematically. What's a baby firework? I'd say a sparkler. Just a cute name for a cute boi.

Last edited:

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Final Submission

Solotl

A combination of "Solar" + "Axolotl".

Pronounced: "so-LOT-el"

The original artist's main inspiration was making the prevo be sun-based in contrast to Astrolotl's night-based design, so I think it's only fair to have that reflected in the name too.

Final Submission

Axolar

Axolotl+Solar

Pronounced: "ACK+SOLE+arr"

Same reasoning as Reiga's submission above, but arranged differently so it isn't identical. Plus I think it's punnier due to not being pronounced literally like part of "axolotl".

Final Submission

Juvilee

From "juvenile" and "rejuvenate" + "jubilee"

Pronounced: "JU-vee-LEE"
IPA: /ˈdʒuːvɪliː/

Last edited:

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
Final Submission

Astrolitl

Fundamentally, it's a diminutive form of "Astrolotl" ("-lotl" → "-litl"), where "a lot" becomes "a little." The name itself is a mashup of "Astro" and "Little" under the framework of the word "Axolotl." In addition, the inclusion of "lit" in the name plays into its Fire typing.

(Note: I understand that there have been multiple similar submissions already, but I stumbled upon this idea without the foresight to check if it's already been done. For what it's worth, I would still like to offer my own favorite spelling. If it's too close to the others, feel free to remove it if necessary :)

Pronounced: "AS-tro-LIT-tul"

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Sparklotl

"sparkle" + "axolotl"

Pronounced: "sparkle-ought'll"
IPA: spɑɹkəlɑtəl

I like this name while it was being brainstormed, so I got permission to post this after King of Moths and StephanXPM originally mentioned the name (here and here, respectively).

Last edited:

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Final Submission

Heliotl

A portmanteau of helio- ( a common prefix for sun-related words, plus the former god of the sun in Greek mythology), and axolotl

Pronounced: Hee-lee-o-ot-el

Last edited:

Bobsican

Powerscaler at heart
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Final Submission

Pyroette

"Pyro" (Fire in latin) + Bombette (A kind of firework) + Pirouette (A kind of dancing)

Pronounced: Pie-ro-eht
IPA: pairoet

The name I originally had didn't sound that good as I thought on it, however, the other name I had in backup (Pyroette) really is a classic that has been since the start of CAP 27 (Aka, Astrolotl) design drafts , so it also holds some nice charm while also being simple. Good luck to everyone.

Final Submission

Cosmolotl

Cosmos + Axolotl

Pronouced: “CUS-mo-lot

Cosmology and Astrology are often confused but both relate to space. I feel like saying both Cosmolotl and Astrolotl together is rather aesthetically pleasing but there is also the factor that people have Different interpretations of space throughout history

Final Submission

Comette

“Comet” with the diminutive “-ette” suffix.

Pronounced: “COH-met”
IPA: kɒmɛt

A cute, simple name. At first I was hoping to incorporate part of ‘axolotl’, but I like it when evolutionary lines have names that are very distinct from each other, while still individually being quite evocative (like Swablu—>Altaria)

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Disqualified entries:

Astrolittle: Missing "Pronounced" line.
Radiotl: Missing colon after "Pronounced".
Astrolitl: Description is more than one line long and longer than 25 words.
Axolitl: Does not contain a line starting with "Pronounced:".
Axastral: Missing colon after "Pronounced".
Cosmolotl: Misspelled "Pronounced".

All of the other entries are going to the first poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)