CAP 28 - Art Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Zephyr2007
ShunosaurusLii
Shadowshocker
Golurkyourself
Sgt.Moose
Quanyails
Yilx
Quotidian
Birkal
Darek851
Stitch98
DrifblooomCF
Sunfished
flying moose
noobiess
BARABOY
Leavannite

Modedit: Fixing spelling of "DrifblooomCF" and "Golurkyourself".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yokaiju
StephXPM
DrifblooomCF
Quanyails
Golurkyourself
Stitch98
noobiess
Birkal
ShunosaurusLii
Spook
flying moose
BlorengeRhymes

Shadowshocker
Mos-Quitoxe
Morghulis
BlorengeRhymes
Spook
Quanyails
Amamama

Sunfished
Gravity Monkey
Zephyr2007
Yokaiju
Birkal
DougJustDoug

There are so many strong entries here who, if we were making a full-on ROM Hack, would be amazing additions. I hate that we'll only end up with one of these. I'll bulletpoint my thoughts below.
  • Shadowshocker's feels the most like an actual Pokemon to me in terms of thematic presentation. The puppeteer spider with its stuffed dragon is darling and I want ten.
  • Mos-Quitoxe is one of my dearest friends and I helped him when discussing a design. Before he chose the assassin bug design, it was almost a Chinese New Year papier-mâché millipede dragon... then abilities were chosen. The color scheme and theming work for me.
  • Morghulis is perhaps a bit anthropomorphic for my overall liking, but the general theming and strength of the art overrides those concerns. I'm not sure how well it will do in the votes, so I'll just say, "Arceus save the Queen!"
  • BlorengeRhymes with their "double barrel camel spider shotgun/turret dragon," just hits a sweet spot design-wise and inspiration-wise for me. It helps that the art is Sugi-perfect and as cool as it is charming. A contender.
  • Spook was a late addition to my slate, as I only really looked at their submission as I was going back and forth trying to determine why I liked each design. This one has a lovely pre-Columbian-contact-meets-the-space-age feel about it. I almost want to say an animalist religion's warrior class meets a 1970s-style alien parasite in a space suit. It's really delightful.
  • Quanyails' submission strikes me as archetypally Gen VI+ in its design. You wouldn't generally see something like this in the sprite era - except, perhaps, in Gen V. I love the color scheme, and the Sugi-style is on-point.
  • Amamama, I genuinely have no idea what the actual hell that thing is or how I would even begin to make the cry for it... but I sure do like it, nonetheless!
  • Sunfished's entry is here based on the fact it isn't a land-based arthropod, which I very much like, and its color scheme speaks to me. The more I look at it, the more I like it.
  • Gravity Monkey, all I have to say is that I like mantids, I like locusts, and I like green. Yours just presses the right buttons!
  • Zephyr2007 has here one of my more favorite designs, but I'm concerned it looks more like a strange Super Mario Galaxy miniboss straight from the Honeyhive Galaxy. I would want one on my team, nonetheless. The honey dipper tail is a very nice touch.
  • Yokaiju's punk rock scorpion just nails its execution. The colors, the design, the level of badassery vs. dangerousness. This is an amazing design... I just feel it's let down by the abilities it has to have. This is a design that needs a Battle Armor, Punk Rock, and Strong Jaw for that amazing tail. I also feel like a Bug/Dark-typing or even Dragon/Dark-typing would suit it better. (I'm not thinking of competitive use in these.)
  • Birkal, man, that thing looks like a total dork and I want to hug it forever. The mask on the face is very nice and I like the color scheme. I just feel it's a bit... I dunno. I can't put my finger on it, but it just feels off to me. I still like it, though.
  • DougJustDoug... that's not a Pokémon, sir. That's a reconnaissance drone in a blockbuster steampunk spy movie which later got mass-merchandised to kids for Christmas and ended up before Congress due to actually having cameras inside it and raising hysteria that people were spying on children. But despite all that, I think it's super neat! It's definitely a Bug/Steel-type with Compound Eyes, Analytical, and Levitate rather than what's mandated here, though.

Modedit: Fixing spelling of "Mos-Quitoxe".

Last edited:

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mova
Yilx
pecanbegone
Spook
BARABOY
KoA

PiloswineSarado
Shadowshocker

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Golurkyourself
Pinesmoke
Birkal

Zephyr2007
Gravity Monkey
h_n_g_m_n
Yilx
BlorengeRhymes
Amamama
Quanyails

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sgt.Moose
Shadowshocker
DrifblooomCF
PiloswineSarado
Golurkyourself
Slapperfish
Stitch98
Birkal
pecanbegone
Pinesmoke
Glacios Ionic

Sgt.Moose
Yilx
Quotidian
noobiess
Golurkyourself
Birkal
Sunfished
KoA
flying moose
Quanyails
DrifblooomCF
Stitch98
Pinesmoke
JAGFL
Gravity Monkey
HoshiArts
Amamama

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Z-nogyroP
Yilx
Shadowshocker
StephXPM
DrifblooomCF
HoshiArts
Quanyails
PiloswineSarado
Amamama
Quotidian
Golurkyourself
JAGFL
Darek851
Dorrdonn
Falchion
h_n_g_m_n
Tommaniacal
Slapperfish
KoA
Stitch98
Gravity Monkey
noobiess
Birkal
BARABOY
ShunosaurusLii
Spook
pecanbegone
Leavannite
Sunfished
Pinesmoke
Magistrum
BlorengeRhymes

Sgt.Moose
Yokaiju
Yilx
Shadowshocker
StephXPM
DrifblooomCF
HoshiArts
Quanyails
Quotidian
Golurkyourself
Darek851
Dorrdonn
Falchion
KoA
Stitch98
noobiess
Birkal
ShunosaurusLii
Sunfished
flying moose
Morghulis
Pinesmoke
Magistrum
DougJustDoug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)