Final Submission

Mawlicious

A combination of "Maw" and "Malicious"

Pronounced: maw-LI-shuhs

WIP

Rendchinus

Combo of “Rend” + “Brachinus”

Pronounced: Rend-chi-nus

A combo of “Rend”, referring to it’s strong offenses and most prominent physical feature, being it’s jaw, and “Brachinus” referring to the scientific name of the bombardier beetle. Not sure if the prononciation is off, but that can be fixed later on. I also wanted to go with a name that didn’t focus too much on the draconian aspect of the mon’ as suggested by others here and give it a name based off of it’s major aspects.

Final Submission

Metamawrtar

metamorphosis+maw+mortar

Pronounced: mé-ta-móur-tar

Metamorphosis comes from the the process that most bugs realize (including beetles), but also from the book by Franz Kafka, "the meramorphosis" were the protagonist turns into a giant bug (mostly despicted as a beetle)
Maw comes from the obvious and giant maw on its tail
Mortar from the way it can use its tail to shot stuff in a way similar to a mortar

I disnt add anything based on dragons because to be honest i dont think that fits at all with the desing, its definitely more buggy than draconic

Last edited:

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Final Submission

Bomblebeet

Spoonerism of "beetle" and "bomb"

Pronounced: "BAAM-bl-beet"
IPA: bämbəlbēt

Final Submission

Bombargon

Bombardier + Argon + Dragon

Pronounced "Bom-bar-gone"

Argon is a noble gas, which while not "neutralizing" per se, is definitely neutral. It also combines Bombardier Beetle with Dragon, tying together cap28's insect qualities, dragon qualities, and primary ability

Final Submission

Smawg

Smaug + maw + smog

Pronounced: "smorg"

Smaug is a famous dragon in literature (covering our Dragon typing), maw is for the tail and it sounds similar to smog (covering the NGas)

Final Submission

Bocafly

A combination of "Boca" + "Fly".

Pronounced: "Bokkuh-fly"

Boca is Spanish for Mouth so that's where I got the idea. The big mouth on this thing is the first thing you notice so I felt it's name should have something to do with it.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Drakannon

Combination of Drake + Cannon

Pronounced: dra-CAN-non

A simple combination of Drake (a type of dragon, and one that isn't too dissimilar to our body shape) and Cannon due to it being based on a Bombardier beetle.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Pesticrule

Combination of pest (and/or pesticide) + vestibule + cruel + molecule.

Pronounced "PEST-ih-CROOL"

Pest and pesticide both refer to Bug typing, vestibule for it's tail opening, cruel because look at it, and molecule for chemistry.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Final Submission

Jurassect

A combination of "Jurassic" (the age of fearsome dinosaurs) + "Insect"

Pronounced: "ju-RASS-ehkt"
IPA: dʒəræsekt

Final Submission

Mawlice

A combo of "maw", "malice" (given the sinister aura of the design), and "lice" (plural for louse, a parasitic bug)

Pronounced: "MAW-lise"

Final Submission

Scorpheus

Combination of scorpion and Orpheus, a figure in Greek myth associated with the Scorpio astrological sign. The myth part covers the dragon typing.

Pronounced: SCOR-fee-us

EDIT Oct 14: I decided I liked Scorpheus better than Scorphic because it sounds older I guess.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Anterceptor

Ant + Interceptor ("disrupting the opposing team's pivoting strategies" concept and interceptor aircrafts)

Pronounced: [ɛənt] + "tuh" + "SEP" + "tuh"

Last edited:
Final Submission

Famingator

Pronounced:Faw-min-GEI-tor

Combination of famine (lack of food, sometimes caused by pests) and alligator (because of the lizard tail). The main idea is that combined they sound like Fumigator, a person whose job is to spread pesticides and kill bugs.

WIP

Mawlipiller

combination of maw, maul, caterpillar.

maul-i-pillar
mɑːlɪpɪlɑːr (I hope thats correct)

Last edited:
WIP

Jawkules

combination of jaw and Hercules, I think it resembles a hercules beetle.

jaw-cue-lees
dʒɑːkuəljiːs (I hope thats correct)

Last edited:
Final Submission

Fumigon

A combination of fumigate (to fill an area with a gas, often to disinfect or kill pests) and dragon.

Pronounced: fyoo-mi-gawn

Last edited:
Final Submission

Beelzalisk

Beelzebub + basilisk

Pronounced "Bee-Elz-Lisk"

The first part of the name hails from Beelzebub, a demon known for being the "Lord of Flies". Not only does this cover its Bug typing, but one could argue that it covers its Neutralizing Gas, due to both flies liking for bad-smelling things and their connection to sickness. The second part of the name hails from the mythological basilisk both for its serpentine/draconic design and its Compound Eyes, as a basilisk is able to kill with only a glare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)