CAP 28 - Part 7 - Secondary Ability Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
CAP 28 So Far

-----

Here is the explanation -Voltage-, our Topic Leader for this stage, has given for each of the slated options. In addition, please refer to the CAP 28 Secondary Ability Discussion thread HERE for more information on each option when making your ballot!

• No Competitive Ability
    • Pretty straightforward. Neutralizing Gas is already a fantastic ability for CAP28, and without a secondary ability, we can truly explore as many avenues as possible without needing to account for any extraneous abilities. That's not to say that a secondary ability would outright be bad for the process, but having No Competitive Ability is certainly not detrimental to CAP28.
  • Competitive
    • Of the "wild card" abilities I put below, I do think there was a solid amount of support for Competitive as a whole. With a lot of strong posts explaining how Competitive would be beneficial in threatening Defoggers and Tomohawk in particular. I believe there's general support for Competitive here and it would be a good fit on CAP28.
  • Compound Eyes
    • There was some debate between it and No Guard, but ultimately I saw more support for Compound Eyes. Compound Eyes is a great ability for providing coverage moves to CAP28. It also allows for CAP28 to run some common physical attacking moves that may have lower accuracy much more safely. Furthermore Compound Eyes allows us to to safely run mixed sets with minimal risk. This ability might be almost as good as Neutralizing Gas, but I think it still allows us to expand the list of mons we threaten.
  • Motor Drive
    • Per that small pseudo-poll I posted with my thoughts on an immunity ability, there was overwhelming support for Motor Drive. Motor Drive discourages Volt Switch pivots from acting as it would effectively give CAP28 a much wanted +1 boost to speed, which would effectively make it a much more dangerous mon to face on the field. Very pro-concept, but absolutely more situational than Neutralizing Gas.
  • Punk Rock
    • When asked between Sheer Force and Punk Rock, many people expressed that Sheer Fore is a lot more dangerous when compared to Punk Rock. Punk Rock does limit our boosting moves, but that's not awful in means of checking CAP28's power in the grand scheme of things. Punk Rock does a nice job at boosting specific special moves that allow for CAP28 to increase its efficiency at dealing high amounts of damage some specific STAB and coverage moves. Furthermore, Punk Rock will absolutely not overshadow Neutralizing Gas either, so I feel comfortable slating this ability.
  • Thick Fat
    • Thick Fat had near universal support in this thread for vastly improving out matchups against Rotom-H, Astrolotl, and Krilowott, effectively giving CAP28 more abilities to come in and prevent pivoting from these common pivots. Thick Fat also helps account for our weakness to Ice types in general, and removes the Fire weakness that the Bug type brings.

-----

This will be a Ranked Pairs vote (RP) (a form of voting where each candidate is ranked according to head to head matchups with each of its competitors in a directed acyclic graph), the details of which were discussed here.

This is a ranked vote: order does matter! You can upvote your favorites and downvote your least favorites. You may choose to rank as many or as few options as you like, but we encourage you to rank as many options as possible to ensure your preferences are taken into account.

Bold your votes and nothing else!
A typical vote might look like the following:
Most Preferred
Second Most Preferred
Third Most Preferred

Any comments that the voter has would go below the votes in non-bold text. Bold text is used to determine what the user's votes are, so none of the supplementary text should be in bold.
CAP uses automated scripts to count votes. For this reason, it is very important for all ballots to be submitted correctly. If you do not compose a legal ballot, your post will be subject to moderation.
  • The scripts count bold words in ballots, so do NOT bold anything in your ballot other than the options you are voting for.
  • Do NOT put any formatting other than bold in your post.
  • Only one option per line.
  • The spelling of options must be EXACTLY correct and must match the spelling listed above.
  • Capitalization and spaces are ignored by the vote counting scripts, but you probably should not depend on it.
Composing a proper ballot is easy. Enter BBCode Edit Mode (the A in the upper right corner). Copy/paste the options directly from the OP to your ballot as plain unbolded text. Delete and/or rearrange the options to suit your preference and the poll type. Bold your vote text using bold tags or re-enter rich text mode, highlight your vote and click B. Spelling or formatting errors may spoil your ballot, so be careful!

CAP uses blind voting. Other people's votes won't appear in the thread, but they are counted and will be made visible at the end of the voting timeframe. For more information about this change, check out this PRC thread.

Asking for votes for your submission or for the submissions of others is not allowed. Anyone found to have done so risks punishment at the moderation team's discretion. If you find that someone has broken this rule, please contact the CAP moderation team with your evidence and no one else. Mini-moderation of this rule is also considered a serious offense and can be punished.

The voting options are:

No Competitive Ability
Competitive
Compound Eyes
Motor Drive
Punk Rock
Thick Fat

This poll will be open for 24 hours.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Motor Drive
Thick Fat
Compound Eyes
Punk Rock

Competitive
No Competitive Ability

Last edited:

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
No Competitive Ability
Motor Drive
Competitive
Punk Rock
Compound Eyes
Thick Fat

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
No Competitive Ability
Competitive
Compound Eyes
Motor Drive
Punk Rock
Thick Fat

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Competitive
Compound Eyes
Thick Fat
No Competitive Ability
Punk Rock
Motor Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)