CAP 29 - Part 13 - Full Movepool Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAP 29 so far
-----

We've had a discussion of movesets, which identified the competitive movesets we intend to be the most viable in standard CAP play. Please see the concluding post in that thread for more information on those movesets.

The following rules apply to all Movepool Submissions:

• The movepool can contain a maximum of 75 total moves. You may have less than or equal to 75 moves, but not more.
  • All movepools must have all the Mandatory Moves listed below.
  • No movepool may contain any of the Banned Moves listed below.
  • Any move not listed as Banned is provisionally allowed.
  • The Movepool Leader (<movepool leader>) and Topic Leader (<topic leader>) may add Banned moves during the course of this thread. If that happens, there will be ample notification in the thread, and you will have the opportunity to remove those moves from your movepool prior to final submissions.

Final Movepool Submissions must include all of these moves, and they cannot be Event Moves. Submissions that don't have all these moves will not be considered for slating.

Boomburst
Calm Mind
Dark Pulse
Discharge
Endure
Facade
Protect
Ice Beam
Knock Off
Recover
Rest
Round
Scald
Sleep Talk
Sludge Bomb
Snore
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Taunt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes

The "universal" TM/TR List for fully evolved Pokemon: Attract (for Gendered Pokemon), Endure, Facade, Protect, Rest, Round, Sleep Talk, Snore, Substitute
These moves are banned from inclusion in Final Submissions. Movepools that include any of these moves will not be considered for slating.

This list is subject to minor changes along the course of the thread.

The following moves are all banned:

Earth Power
Freeze Dry
Fighting Type Coverage
Fire Type Coverage
Moonblast
Pivoting Moves (U-Turn, Volt Switch, Teleport, etc)
Trick and Switcheroo
Quiver Dance

In addition, the following are banned:
  • All legendary signature moves
  • Any move that is unusable in Sword/Shield. A comprehensive list of unusable moves can be seen here. (Source.) If a move has the value FALSE in its CanUseMove column, that move is unusable.

Note that any move which is competitively inferior to a mandatory move is allowed as an exception to the bans above unless explicitly stated otherwise. This includes things such a weaker versions of mandatory STAB and coverage moves.

While this is a submission thread, discussion on Work-In-Progress (WIP) and Final Submissions is encouraged so the community can make an informed decision during the polling stage.

-----

Final Submission Post

Only make one (1) final submission post. If you wish to alter any aspect of your final submission, then edit your post. Do not make a new one, even if you delete your original post. Any deleting and re-posting will be treated as bumping and is subject to moderation.

All final submission posts must conform to the following format:
  • The first line of the post must have the words "Final Submission" in bold on its own line. No other text may be included before the bold heading.
  • A blank line
  • A brief explanation of the entire movepool (optional)
  • A series of spoiler tags containing move learn sources, with required moves in bold and repeated moves in italics:
  • A list of 1 - 3 evolution moves. (Optional, if applicable.)
  • A list in the form "#: move", where "#" is a number from 1 to 100 representing the level the Pokemon learns a move.
  • A brief explanation of the moves learned this way.
The list of level-up moves should be ordered from 1 to 100, ascending.
  • A list of moves.
The list of moves should be alphabetized.
  • "Egg group(s): " followed by 1 - 2 egg groups for that Pokemon.
  • An empty list of egg moves, if the egg group is "Undiscovered".
  • A list of the form "move: (parent Pokemon)", if the egg group is not "Undiscovered". "Parent Pokemon" is at least one parent that can breed the move onto the Pokemon. The list of parents can be shortened if there are many possible parents.
The list of egg moves should be alphabetized.
  • A list of the form "TM##: move", where the TM number corresponds to the TM for the current generation.
The list of TM moves should be ordered by TM order.

TM00: Mega Punch
TM01: Mega Kick
TM02: Pay Day
TM03: Fire Punch
TM04: Ice Punch
TM05: Thunder Punch
TM06: Fly
TM07: Pin Missile
TM08: Hyper Beam
TM09: Giga Impact
TM10: Magical Leaf
TM11: Solar Beam
TM12: Solar Blade
TM13: Fire Spin
TM14: Thunder Wave
TM15: Dig
TM16: Screech
TM17: Light Screen
TM18: Reflect
TM19: Safeguard
TM20: Self-Destruct
TM21: Rest
TM22: Rock Slide
TM23: Thief
TM24: Snore
TM25: Protect

TM26: Scary Face
TM27: Icy Wind
TM28: Giga Drain
TM29: Charm
TM30: Steel Wing
TM31: Attract
TM32: Sandstorm
TM33: Rain Dance
TM34: Sunny Day
TM35: Hail
TM36: Whirlpool
TM37: Beat Up
TM38: Will-O-Wisp
TM39: Facade
TM40: Swift
TM41: Helping Hand
TM42: Revenge
TM43: Brick Break
TM44: Imprison
TM45: Dive
TM46: Weather Ball
TM47: Fake Tears
TM48: Rock Tomb
TM49: Sand Tomb
TM50: Bullet Seed
TM51: Icicle Spear
TM52: Bounce
TM53: Mud Shot
TM54: Rock Blast
TM55: Brine
TM56: U-turn
TM57: Payback
TM58: Assurance
TM59: Fling
TM60: Power Swap
TM61: Guard Swap
TM62: Speed Swap
TM63: Drain Punch
TM64: Avalanche
TM65: Shadow Claw
TM66: Thunder Fang
TM67: Ice Fang
TM68: Fire Fang
TM69: Psycho Cut
TM70: Trick Room
TM71: Wonder Room
TM72: Magic Room
TM73: Cross Poison
TM74: Venoshock
TM75: Low Sweep
TM76: Round
TM77: Hex
TM78: Acrobatics
TM79: Retaliate
TM80: Volt Switch
TM81: Bulldoze
TM82: Electroweb
TM83: Razor Shell
TM84: Tail Slap
TM85: Snarl
TM86: Phantom Force
TM87: Draining Kiss
TM88: Grassy Terrain
TM89: Misty Terrain
TM90: Electric Terrain
TM91: Psychic Terrain
TM92: Mystical Fire
TM93: Eerie Impulse
TM94: False Swipe
TM95: Air Slash
TM96: Smart Strike
TM97: Brutal Swing
TM98: Stomping Tantrum
TM99: Breaking Swipe
  • A list of the form "TR##: move", where the TR number corresponds to the TR for the current generation.
The list of TR moves should be ordered by TR order.

TR00: Swords Dance
TR01: Body Slam
TR02: Flamethrower
TR03: Hydro Pump
TR04: Surf
TR05: Ice Beam
TR06: Blizzard
TR07: Low Kick
TR08: Thunderbolt
TR09: Thunder
TR10: Earthquake
TR11: Psychic
TR12: Agility
TR13: Focus Energy
TR14: Metronome
TR15: Fire Blast
TR16: Waterfall
TR17: Amnesia
TR18: Leech Life
TR19: Tri Attack
TR20: Substitute
TR21: Reversal
TR22: Sludge Bomb
TR23: Spikes
TR24: Outrage
TR25: Psyshock
TR26: Endure
TR27: Sleep Talk

TR28: Megahorn
TR29: Baton Pass
TR30: Encore
TR31: Iron Tail
TR32: Crunch
TR33: Shadow Ball
TR34: Future Sight
TR35: Uproar
TR36: Heat Wave
TR37: Taunt
TR38: Trick
TR39: Superpower
TR40: Skill Swap
TR41: Blaze Kick
TR42: Hyper Voice
TR43: Overheat
TR44: Cosmic Power
TR45: Muddy Water
TR46: Iron Defense
TR47: Dragon Claw
TR48: Bulk Up
TR49: Calm Mind
TR50: Leaf Blade
TR51: Dragon Dance
TR52: Gyro Ball
TR53: Close Combat
TR54: Toxic Spikes
TR55: Flare Blitz
TR56: Aura Sphere
TR57: Poison Jab
TR58: Dark Pulse
TR59: Seed Bomb
TR60: X-Scissor
TR61: Bug Buzz
TR62: Dragon Pulse
TR63: Power Gem
TR64: Focus Blast
TR65: Energy Ball
TR66: Brave Bird
TR67: Earth Power
TR68: Nasty Plot
TR69: Zen Headbutt
TR70: Flash Cannon
TR71: Leaf Storm
TR72: Power Whip
TR73: Gunk Shot
TR74: Iron Head
TR75: Stone Edge
TR76: Stealth Rock
TR77: Grass Knot
TR78: Sludge Wave
TR79: Heavy Slam
TR80: Electro Ball
TR81: Foul Play
TR82: Stored Power
TR83: Ally Switch
TR84: Scald
TR85: Work Up
TR86: Wild Charge
TR87: Drill Run
TR88: Heat Crash
TR89: Hurricane
TR90: Play Rough
TR91: Venom Drench
TR92: Dazzling Gleam
TR93: Darkest Lariat
TR94: High Horsepower
TR95: Throat Chop
TR96: Pollen Puff
TR97: Psychic Fangs
TR98: Liquidation
TR99: Body Press
  • A list of move tutor moves from the current generation, if any.
The list of tutor moves should be alphabetized.

Grass Pledge
Fire Pledge
Water Pledge

Frenzy Plant
Blast Burn
Hydro Cannon

Draco Meteor
Steel Beam
  • A list of event distribution Pokemon in PokemonTeamSyntax. (I.e., the format Pokemon Showdown uses).
  • A list of all moves in the movepool.
The list of moves should be alphabetized.
  • Any additional comments

--

Evo: Doom Desire
1: Doom Desire
1: Rapid Spin

1: Pound
1: Magnet Rise
1: Mud-Slap
1: Imprison
15: Mud Shot
20: Gyro Ball
25: Power Split
25: Guard Split
30: Quash
35: Mind Reader
40: Earth Power
45: Flash Cannon
50: Memento
50: Healing Wish

57: Earthquake
64: Destiny Bond
71: Aura Sphere
78: Pain Split
85: Perish Song

Moves chosen here represent many legal ideas, from stentencing (Imprison, Perish Song), to verdicts (The paired Memento/Healing Wish).
Egg Group(s): Mineral

Equlibra's design is indicative of not having a gender, and as such no Egg Moves are available.
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM19 Safeguard
TM21 Rest
TM22 Rock Slide
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect

TM32 Sandstorm
TM39 Facade
TM41 Helping Hand
TM48 Rock Tomb
TM70 Trick Room
TM71 Wonder Room
TM72 Magic Room
TM76 Round
TM81 Bulldoze
TM96 Smart Strike
TR01 Body Slam
TR10 Earthquake
TR20 Substitute
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk

TR31 Iron Tail
TR46 Iron Defense
TR52 Gyro Ball
TR67 Earth Power
TR70 Flash Cannon

TR74 Iron Head
TR83 Ally Switch
TR85 Work Up
TR87 Drill Run
Steel Beam
Ally Switch
Aura Sphere
Body Slam
Bulldoze
Destiny Bond
Doom Desire
Drill Run
Earth Power
Earthquake
Endure
Facade
Flash Cannon
Giga Impact
Guard Split
Gyro Ball
Healing Wish
Helping Hand
Hyper Beam
Imprison
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Magic Room
Magnet Rise
Memento
Mind Reader
Mud Shot
Mud-Slap
Pain Split
Perish Song
Pound
Power Split
Protect
Quash
Rapid Spin
Rest
Rock Slide
Rock Tomb
Round
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Sleep Talk
Smart Strike
Snore
Steel Beam
Substitute
Trick Room
Wonder Room
Work Up

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

01 Bite
01 Tail Whip
01 Poison Fang
01 Reflect Type
06 Power Trip
12 Poison Tail
18 Knock Off
24 Roar
30 Toxic Spikes
36 Scary Face
42 Crunch
48 Toxic
54 Slack Off
60 Dark Pulse

66 Belch
72 Gunk Shot
78 Boomburst

A Legendary Lion!

With Chromera being CAP's first official legendary, I took a lot of inspiration from existing movepools belonging to similarly quadrupedal legendaries like Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Heatran and Volcanion to name a few, including the level-up pattern of equal 6 levels. In addition, the order of moves strikes me as fairly realistic, with most of the moves being found at similar levels across a range of Pokemon that have them in their level-up pool, such as with Knock Off, Toxic Spikes and Toxic. To be even more specific, moves such as Roar, Scary Face and Crunch can be found at the same levels as Entei, which our design is most physically comparable to.

The movepool for the most part accentuates Chromera's starting typing with a range of Dark and Poison attacks throughout, being particularly fitting in regards to the slashing and biting often associated with lions. Tail Whip is chosen as our early filler move to reference our mild Manticore and Chimera qualities. Although Coil is not present, Power Trip is an ideal early move (mostly appearing as a first level move on a range of Pokemon) and fitting Chromera's status as king of the art world. Slack Off is chosen over Recover for flavour reasons due to the common stereotype of Cats and Lions as being lazy. Belch and Boomburst round out the end of the movepool to emphasize the power of a lion's voice, and because they tend to be the final moves for a few other sound-based Pokemon. Reflect Type is perhaps the most miscelleanous move, but is quite often seen as a level One move on a few different legendaries, and is one of the most fitting moves in regards to selling Color Change.

TM02 Pay Day
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM16 Screech
TM17 Light Screen
TM18 Reflect
TM19 Safeguard
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect

TM26 Scary Face
TM27 Icy Wind
TM29 Charm
TM32 Sandstorm
TM33 Sunny Day
TM34 Rain Dance
TM35 Hail
TM37 Beat Up
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM57 Payback
TM58 Assurance
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Ice Fang
TM67 Thunder Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM74 Venoshock
TM76 Round
TM79 Retaliate
TM85 Snarl
TM94 False Swipe
TM97 Brutal Swing

Most moves here are fairly straight forward for legendaries as well as bestial big cats. Pay Day for example is very closely affiliated with Meowth and is seen across most four-legged Pokemon, as are the fangs, claws, swipes and swings. Most of the weather moves and screens are also very common across legendary Pokemon and felt important to add. A few moves such as Icy Wind and Hail while less commonly distributed, do help to sell the fantasy of learning Ice Beam and Blizzard without being too competitive.

TR01 Body Slam
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR12 Agility
TR20 Substitute
TR22 Sludge Bomb
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk

TR31 Iron Tail
TR32 Crunch
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR35 Uproar
TR37 Taunt
TR42 Hyper Voice
TR49 Calm Mind
TR54 Toxic Spikes

TR58 Dark Pulse
TR73 Gunk Shot

TR78 Sludge Wave
TR81 Foul Play
TR84 Scald
TR90 Play Rough
TR91 Venom Drench

Similarly to above, the TR pool mainly serves to round out required moves or further the Poison and Dark flavour of Chromera, as well as sell its various lion-like characteristics with moves such as Hyper Voice, Uproar, Play Rough and Agility. Shadow Ball is perhaps the least directly flavorful move, but is very common across Dark Pokemon and quadrupedal special attackers such as the Eevee line, Raikou and Suicune all receiving it for example. Iron Tail is a similarly common physical move across quadrupeds, and helps to reinforce the stylisation of the snake tail. Finally Body Slam is included because we are dummy thicc.

Lash Out

I've chosen to only give it Lash Out, as Corrosive Gas doesn't quite fit the exact Poison flavour of Chromera in my opinion. Lash Out on the other hand is on a bunch of Dark types, and cats in particular.

TR12 Agility
TM58 Assurance
TM37 Beat Up
LU66 Belch
LU01 Bite
TR06 Blizzard
TR01 Body Slam
LU78 Boomburst
TM97 Brutal Swing
TR49 Calm Mind
TM29 Charm
LU42 Crunch
LU60 Dark Pulse
TR26 Endure
TM39 Facade

TM94 False Swipe
TM68 Fire Fang
TR81 Foul Play
TM09 Giga Impact
LU72 Gunk Shot
TM35 Hail
TM08 Hyper Beam
TR42 Hyper Voice
TR05 Ice Beam
TM66 Ice Fang
TM27 Icy Wind
TR31 Iron Tail
LU18 Knock Off
Tutor Lash Out
TM17 Light Screen
TM57 Payback
TM02 Pay Day
TR90 Play Rough
LU01 Poison Fang
LU12 Poison Tail
LU06 Power Trip
TM25 Protect
TM34 Rain Dance
TM18 Reflect
LU01 Reflect Type
TM21 Rest
TM79 Retaliate
LU24 Roar
TM76 Round
TM19 Safeguard
TM32 Sandstorm
TR84 Scald
LU36 Scary Face
TM16 Screech
TR33 Shadow Ball
TM65 Shadow Claw
LU54 Slack Off
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR22 Sludge Bomb

TR78 Sludge Wave
TM85 Snarl
TM24 Snore
TR20 Substitute

TM33 Sunny Day
TM40 Swift
LU01 Tail Whip
TR37 Taunt
TM23 Thief
TR09 Thunder
TR08 Thunderbolt
TM67 Thunder Fang
LU48 Toxic
LU30 Toxic Spikes

TR35 Uproar
TR91 Venom Drench
TM74 Venoshock

Last edited:

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

1 Bite
1 Noble Roar
1 Reflect Type
6 Sludge
12 Knock Off
18 Poison Fang
24 Toxic
30 Acid Armor
36 Crunch
42 Roar
48 Sludge Bomb
54 Wide Guard
60 Recover
66 Gunk Shot
72 Boomburst

Overall with this movepool, I tried to aim for a fairly conservative interpretation of CAP's first legendary Pokemon.

I stuck for the most part with the usual 6-level progression for level up, as a lot of legendaries tend to fall in that range, especially the ones without extra bells and whistles. While similar BST Legendaries like Necrozma and Zygarde technically have an 8-level progression, thats much more consistent with other third-member box legends than bog standards and their extra forms blow past our 600 limit. Heatran, Cresselia, and in my opinion the legendary steeds (Glastrier/Spectrier) are really good analogs for where Chromera falls, and are where I choose to aim my focus. Another interesting point about these four is that they all only have 2 Level 1 Moves and learn their last move at Level 72, something I tried really hard to fall into as I think its probably how Game Freak proper would approach the movepool. Alas, I had too many moves, so I ended up having 3 Level Up Moves.

Starting with said 3 Level Up moves, Bite is a pretty standard starting Dark-type STAB that fits with its overall biting-based moveset, so its an easy include. Noble Roar if Pyroar was here would be basically be on all lions, and is already on the Tao Trio and Solgaleo, giving precedent for being on Legedaries. Since Chromera is both, its a no-brainer. Reflect Type is a hilarious nod to Color Change, and is basically stuck at Level 1 learns unless you are exclusively Latias.

Level 6 is Sludge, since its an early Poison-type move and I think its best representative of splashing paint on a canvas. Knock Off is a required move and is unusually early at Level 12, but I think its in a nice enough spot of precedent to get away with it since Absol and Guzzlord get it at Level 10 and the Machop line at Level 16. Its also a similar parallel to Aurora Beam on Cresselia, which is basically at the same spot.

Level 18 sits Poison Fang, which is similar to Bite and is solid Poison-type flavor. Toxic is required, and its placement is slightly early for a lot of Poison-types, but Eternatus gets it at Level 8 so I think a nice middle ground works well. Acid Armor is a personal choice, as I think it works well based on it being Liquify in Japanese. I see Chromera as basically an amalgamate of toxic paint, so being able to melt into a pile of said paint makes a lot of sense in my head.

Crunch is Bite but stronger, I don't really think I have to justify it that much. Roar fits well with other lion mons and with its Legendary status, it makes sense that its roar would be intimidating and all that. Also it already has Noble Roar, so Roar is just the natural progression of that. Sludge Bomb is required and stronger Sludge, but is done without Sludge Wave since an artist is deliberate and wouldn't just slosh around paint everywhere.

Wide Guard is mostly a joke on how Chromera is built like a fucking brick wall and that its w i d e enough to just block all those spread moves. Another route to take in the way of a landscape painting, which is also cool. Recover is my chosen 50% recovery, seen as a way of recovering from artist's block. I considered Slack Off, but that requires Chromera slacking off and the creative spirit never sleeps.

Gunk Shot is kinda the final step in Sludge evolution, but instead of throwing paint its throwing the entire painting cause its trash and horrible. Boomburst kinda just is there cause its required and it fits best at the end, but I guess you can argue its an evolution of Roar.

While CAP nonsense got in the way for a bit (thank god Discharge is gone) I hopefully did a pretty decent job for making a somewhat realistic take on a legendary movepool.

TM02 Pay Day
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM17 Light Screen
TM18 Reflect
TM19 Safeguard
TM21 Rest
TM23 Thief
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect

TM26 Scary Face
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM41 Helping Hand
TM44 Imprison
TM57 Payback
TM58 Assurance
TM59 Fling
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Thunder Fang
TM67 Ice Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM73 Cross Poison
TM74 Venoshock
TM76 Round
TM77 Hex
TM79 Retaliate
TM85 Snarl
TM94 False Swipe

Once again, tried to be a bit conservative with what I was giving here but added a bit more. Through both TM/TR I added a bit of mild Ghost-type coverage since Chromera is a very shady and mysterious creature, and it isn't uncommon for artists die young; Hex because dying of illness is also pretty not rare. Screens because they are kind of like canvases and I think they make enough sense on someone who is built like an actual square. Elemental Fangs fit nicely with previous biting move consistency and most get all of them. Swift is added because I think Picasso's Starry Night absolutely fits as an artistic reference. Imprison is copyright infringement. Finally, False Swipe make sense within the context of swiping a paintbrush, and it certainly can swipe with its tail.

TR01 Body Slam
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR12 Agility
TR13 Focus Energy
TR20 Substitute
TR22 Sludge Bomb
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk
TR30 Encore

TR32 Crunch
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR37 Taunt
TR49 Calm Mind
TR54 Toxic Spikes

TR57 Poison Jab
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR73 Gunk Shot
TR78 Sludge Wave
TR81 Foul Play
TR84 Scald
TR85 Work Up
TR86 Wild Charge
TR90 Play Rough
TR97 Psychic Fangs

Aside from required stuff, more of the same. BoltBeam is required, but it still made sense to have Thunder and Blizzard, especially since weather could probably result in some awesome landscape shots. Agility because I think its fits the lion motif pretty well and it still does have 100 speed. Focus Energy is a specific choice to try and represent hunkering down and focusing on an artistic project. Work Up kind of falls in a similar vein, although maybe this is the stage of presenting the painting. Wild Charge fits with previous Electric-type flavor and lions are wild, so it works out I guess. Play Rough, while somewhat sudden Fairy-type coverage, is pretty common on cat mons and if you played with an Entei-sized cat you'd probably die too. Finally, Psychic Fangs fits well with previous bite-moves and Psychic-type coverage is for the most part not really an issue.

Lash Out

Lash Out is basically the only one that makes sense and is legal. Corrosive Gas I think makes no sense since my previous flavor is basically gas-free and sounds like the fast track to ruining paintings for no reason.

Acid Armor
Agility
Assurance
Bite
Blizzard
Body Slam
Boomburst
Calm Mind
Cross Poison
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Encore
Endure
Facade
False Swipe
Fire Fang
Fling
Focus Energy
Foul Play
Giga Impact
Gunk Shot
Helping Hand
Hex
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Ice Fang
Imprison
Knock Off
Lash Out
Light Screen
Noble Roar
Pay Day
Payback
Play Rough
Poison Fang
Poison Jab
Protect
Psychic Fangs
Recover
Reflect
Reflect Type
Rest
Retaliate
Roar
Round
Safeguard
Scald
Scary Face
Shadow Ball
Shadow Claw
Sleep Talk
Sludge
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Snarl
Snore
Substitute
Swift
Taunt
Thief
Thunder
Thunder Fang
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes
Venoshock
Wide Guard
Wild Charge
Work Up

Last edited:
Final Submission

1. Decorate
1. Tackle
1. Noble Roar
1. Power Trip
6. Acid
11. Hone Claws
16. Snarl
21. Poison Fang
26. Reflect Type
31. Bite
36. Poison Tail
41. Toxic
46. Sludge
51. Crunch
56. Calm Mind
61. Dark Pulse
66. Hyper Voice
71. Slack Off
76. Sludge Bomb
81. Knock Off
86. Acid Armor
91. Gunk Shot
96. Boomburst

TM02. Pay Day
TM08. Hyper Beam
TM16. Screech
TM17. Light Screen
TM18. Reflect
TM21. Rest
TM23. Thief
TM24. Snore
TM25. Protect
TM38. Beat Up
TM39. Facade
TM48. Rock Tomb
TM57. Payback
TM65. Shadow Claw
TM66. Thunder Fang
TM67. Ice Fang
TM68. Fire Fang
TM73. Cross Poison
TM74. Venoshock
TM76. Round
TM84. Tail Slap
TM85. Snarl
TM94. False Swipe
TM97. Brutal Swing
TM98. Stomping Tantrum

TR01. Body Slam
TR05. Ice Beam
TR08. Thunderbolt
TR11. Psychic
TR20. Substitute
TR22. Sludge Bomb
TR26. Endure
TR27. Sleep Talk
TR30. Encore
TR31. Iron Tail
TR32. Crunch
TR33. Shadow Ball
TR37. Taunt
TR42. Hyper Voice
TR49. Calm Mind
TR54. Toxic Spikes
TR57. Poison Jab
TR58. Dark Pulse
TR69. Zen Headbutt
TR70. Flash Cannon
TR73. Gunk Shot
TR78. Sludge Wave
TR81. Foul Play
TR84. Scald
TR90. Play Rough
TR97. Psychic Fangs

Lash Out
Corrosive Gas

Acid
Acid Armor
Beat Up
Bite
Body Slam
Boomburst
Brutal Swing
Calm Mind
Corrosive Gas
Cross Poison
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Decorate
Encore
Endure
Facade

False Swipe
Fire Fang
Flash Cannon
Foul Play
Gunk Shot
Hone Claws
Hyper Beam
Hyper Voice
Ice Beam
Ice Fang
Iron Tail
Knock Off
Lash Out
Light Screen
Noble Roar
Pay Day
Payback
Play Rough
Poison Fang
Poison Jab
Poison Tail
Power Trip
Protect
Psychic
Psychic Fangs
Reflect
Reflect Type
Rest
Rock Tomb
Round
Scald

Screech
Shadow Ball
Shadow Claw
Slack Off
Sleep Talk

Sludge
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Snarl
Snore
Stomping Tantrum
Substitute
Tackle
Tail Slap
Taunt
Thief
Thunder Fang
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes

Venoshock
Zen Headbutt

Last edited:

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

1 - Recover
1 - Noble Roar
1 - Knock Off
1 - Acid Spray
5 - Metal Claw
10 - Aerial Ace
15 - Imprison
20 - Ice Fang
20 - Fire Fang
20 - Thunder Fang
25 - Spite
30 - First Impression
35 - Stomping Tantrum
40 - Crunch
45 - Toxic
50 - Wide Guard
55 - Life Dew
60 - Aromatherapy
65 - Decorate
70 - Outrage
75 - Boomburst
80 - Final Gambit

Since Chromera can become every type, I wanted to give it a move of every type! Some of them have really fun flavor, like First Impression being a reference to impressionism and Decorate because it is literal art (also for CAP Doubles!) Others, like Aromatherapy and Aerial Ace, are because nothing else from that type really seemed to fit.

TR24: Outrage

Lash Out

Chromera @ Enigma Berry
Ability: Color Change
Level: 50
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Belch

How uncouth.

Acid Spray
Aerial Ace
Aromatherapy
Assurance
Attract
Beat Up
Belch
Blizzard
Body Slam
Boomburst
Calm Mind
Charm
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Decorate
Endure
Facade
Fake Tears
Final Gambit
Fire Fang
First Impression
Foul Play
Giga Impact
Gunk Shot
Hex
Hyper Beam
Hyper Voice
Ice Beam
Ice Fang
Imprison
Knock Off
Lash Out
Life Dew
Light Screen
Metal Claw
Noble Roar
Outrage
Pay Day
Payback
Play Rough
Protect
Recover
Reflect
Rest
Revenge
Round
Safeguard
Scald
Scary Face
Shadow Ball
Sleep Talk
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Snarl
Snore
Spite
Stomping Tantrum
Substitute
Sunny Day
Taunt
Thief
Thunder
Thunder Fang
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes
Uproar
Venom Drench
Wide Guard

So what do you with a Pokemon that can become every type with heavy mythical vibes? You give it a move of every type via level-up every 5 levels! I really wanted to place the emphasis on the Mythical-ness Chromera's design and BST, so beefing up the level-up movepool and adding in a special event to tie-in with its release/reveal seemed appropriate!

1 - Recover - Mandatory move

1 - Noble Roar - A most noble move for the most noble of beasts, great flavor

1 - Knock Off - Mandatory move

1 - Acid Spray - Did you know lions can spray urine over two meters? Also a pretty fun move in Doubles with awful distribution

5 - Metal Claw (Steel) - A Steel-type move to highlight some big ol' cat claws

10 - Aerial Ace (Flying) - A slashing attack to also highlight those claws. Also the only feasible flying-type option. Fly? Roost? Drill Peck? Nope.

15 - Imprison (Psychic) - Pretty cool flavor move, who is imprisoned: you, or Chromera?

20 - Ice Fang (Ice)
20 - Fire Fang (Fire)
20 - Thunder Fang (Electric) - Elemental fangs! Much nicer than Discharge. Better flavor too.

25 - Spite (Ghost) - Cats are the most spiteful animals on the planet ofc

30 - First Impression (Bug) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressionism

35 - Stomping Tantrum (Ground) - Had to be careful with Ground coverage, unless we want this mon beating Heatran reliably. This is a pretty weak ground move with decent flavor

40 - Crunch (Dark) - Good flavor with the elemental fangs

45 - Toxic (Poison) - Mandatory move

50 - Wide Guard (Rock) - That frame is wide

55 - Life Dew (Water) - There really isn't a good flavorful Water-type move, but a good number of legendaries get Life Dew so that's good enough for me at this point

60 - Aromatherapy (Grass) - Okay so Grass was a really tough one to find a move for, but some people liked the idea of Aromatherapy back in movepool discussion so here ya go

65 - Decorate (Fairy) - Really, REALLY cool move if CAP Doubles ever happens, especially since this mon is living decor

70 - Outrage (Dragon) - Similar flavor to Stomping Trantrum, but more dragon!

75 - Boomburst (Normal) - Mandatory move

80 - Final Gambit (Fighting) - The final move via level up, the final gambit

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
SHSP and I have decided to co-lead legality checks at this stage. Big thanks to him for helping us through this home stretch. I'm gonna provide my thoughts on the current legality check requests, and I'll leave it to him to agree or disagree with any of them. None of these are binding right now, just my initial impressions. I'd also like to urge movepool submitters to not have too much competitive bloat. If you're adding some of the more competitive moves that are allowed, don't feel the need to stuff CAP29 with as many semi-viable/spicy moves as possible.

Coil - This is probably going to need a larger conversation. For the time being, I'm going to recommend Coil stays off of movepools.​
Power Trip - Similar to Coil. I think we need a bit more data on this one; I'd recommend it stay banned for right now.​
Nasty Plot - My recommendation here is that Nasty Plot should stay illegal. I know that it's great flavor, but +2 Boomburst or STABs can make a normal switch-in fatal. You're sacrificing bulk to use it, but CAP29 doesn't have any significant issues with bulk currently, thanks to its ability and natural bulkiness in stats. My opinion is that it should remain banned.​
Roar - This move does have competitive implications, but I personally think it's fine. This could allow you to set up Toxic Spikes and then phaze, but that feels pretty gimmicky. Should be legal, in my opinion.​
Acid Armor - I can see people trying to make gimmicky Acid Armor + Calm Mind sets, but those are gonna be mono-attacking, which isn't great for CAP29. My initial reaction is legal, but I could also be swayed into making this level of cheese illegal.​
Reflect Type - What a weird move for CAP29 to be using. I think we might be the worst user of it ever, since our ability just undoes it the moment we're hit. Legal, in my eyes.​
Fire Fang - This is Fire-type coverage. It's pretty weak, and off of our weaker attacking stat. I'm going to recommend illegal though, as it starts getting into dangerous territory about Fire-type coverage, and that should be a larger discussion.​
Slack Off - This has no competitive difference to Recover. Legal.​

These are just my opinions, so no final verdict just yet. If anyone else wants to chime in with their opinions, feel free to do so! You don't need to be a movepool submitter, just someone who's been following CAP29 and has an opinion.

1 Noble Roar

1 Sludge

1 Snarl

1 Acid Armor

10 Honeclaws

20 Roar

30 Sludge wave

40 Dark pulse

50 Discharge

60 Recover

70 Knock off

80 Boom burst

I’ll be adding TM’s later

Event

Shiny
L:50
Strength Sap
Jaw Lock

Event 100
Coil
Life dew

posting a little earlier than I originally wanted to, mainly because I want feedback on the two different event Moves especially Jaw Lock something we haven’t really spoken about and strength sap and coil, two moves we haven’t really talked about lately

Last edited:
Are Coil and Power Trip's recommended exclusion due to their interactions with one another? I believe Power Trip especially would be safe without Coil (Curse or Bulk Up both make more thematic sense on the chonker anyway)

WIP

I have wayyyy too many moves here. Fixes/justifications to come (obviously lmao, it's a WIP)

1- Acid
1- Howl
1- Roar
1- Aurora Beam
5- Poison Gas
5- Bite
10- Sludge
15- Knock Off
20- Hone Claws
25- Toxic
30- Gastro Acid
35- Mean Look
40- Toxic Thread
45- Snarl
50- Sludge Bomb
55- Torment
60- Reflect Type
70- Recover
80- Topsy-Turvy
90- Slam
100- Boomburst

TM01- Mega Kick
TM02- Pay Day
TM07- Pin Missile
TM08- Hyper Beam
TM09- Giga Impact
TM15- Dig
TM19- Safeguard
TM21- Rest
TM23- Thief
TM24- Snore
TM25- Protect

TM26- Scary Face
TM29- Charm
TM33- Rain Dance
TM34- Sunny Day
TM37- Beat Up
TM38- Will-O-Wisp
TM39- Facade
TM40- Swift
TM41- Helping Hand
TM42- Revenge
TM44- Imprison
TM46- Weather Ball
TM47- Fake Tears
TM57- Payback
TM58- Assurance
TM59- Fling
TM65- Shadow Claw
TM70- Trick Room
TM71- Magic Room
TM72- Wonder Room
TM73- Cross Poison
TM74- Venoshock
TM76- Round
TM79- Retaliate
TM81- Bulldoze
TM84- Tail Slap
TM85- Snarl
TM94- False Swipe
TM97- Brutal Swing
TM99- Breaking Swipe

TR01- Body Slam
TR02- Surf
TR05- Ice Beam
TR06- Blizzard
TR08- Thunderbolt
TR09- Thunder
TR11- Psychic
TR12- Agility
TR13- Focus Energy
TR14- Metrenome
TR17- Amnesia
TR19- Tri Attack
TR20- Substitute
TR22- Sludge Bomb
TR23- Spikes
TR25- Psyshock
TR26- Endure
TR27- Sleep Talk

TR29- Baton Pass
TR30- Encore
TR31- Iron Tail
TR32- Crunch
TR35- Uproar
TR37- Trick
TR40- Skill Swap
TR42- Hyper Voice
TR49- Calm Mind
TR54- Toxic Spikes

TR57- Poison Jab
TR58- Dark Pulse
TR78- Sludge Wave
TR81- Foul Play
TR84- Scald
TR85- Work Up
TR95- Throat Chop
TR97- Psychic Fangs

Lash Out
Corrosive Gas
Skitter Smack

Chromera @ Enigma Berry
Shiny: Yes
-Gunk Shot
-Night Daze
-Tar Shot
-Purify

-Toxic Thread: it's a paint lion thing. It's a poison type. It learns Toxic. Toxic Thread makes thematical sense.
-Tar Shot: again, this is a reference to old paints and all the toxic things they had in them, including tar. IDK why you'd want to use this seeing as the mon is gonna get little to no Fire coverage.
-Night Daze: Just a better Dark Pulse, really. Not much different.
-Topsy-Turvy: I don't think this will have any competitive use, honestly, and it's a cool move. If it does have competitive use, it's still a waste of a moveslot for something relatively situational.

-Toxic Thread
-Night Daze
-Tar Shot (something something paints)
-Nature Power (mainly because in Misty Terrain it becomes Moonblast)
-Weather Ball (because in sun it becomes fire coverage)
-Topsy-Turvy

Last edited:
WIP
1 - Recover
1 - Noble Roar
1 - Gastro Acid
1 - Knock Off
4 - Purify
7 - Acid Armor
10 - Fake Tears
12 - Recover
17 - Knock Off
20 - Toxic Spikes
25 - Discharge
27 - Psych Up
34 - Toxic
48 - Night Slash
56 - Acid Spray
62 - Noble Roar
71 - Decorate
83 - Boomburst

TM38: Will-O-Wisp
TM59: Fling
TM96: Smart Strike

TR10: Earthquake

TR28: Megahorn

TR79: Heavy Slam
TR88: Heat Crash
TR94: High Horsepower
TR99: Body Press
Chromera @ Gold Bottle Cap
Random Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Coil
- Reflect Type
47 Total, 26 New
Required moves are italicized.
Reflect Type and Coil are Shiny-locked.
Gastro Acid: Paint tends to be acidic, and lead paints were known to have detrimental health properties. This should justify the rest of the acid-based moves on the list.
Purify: There are types of paint which can purify the air around them of toxins. Plus it can enable dual, even triple, status comps by not locking each enemy to 1 status.
Decorate: The description just states that the user decorates the target, never stating how. With Alcremie, it uses cake decoration, while Chromera uses art decoration.
Reflect Type: This could lead to some interesting dichotomies with the Color Changing, enabling you to play with your gimmick more.
- Reflect Type
- Decorate
- Purify
- Acid Spray
- Megahorn

Final Submission

1 - Boomburst
1 - Discharge
1 - Toxic
1 - Double Hit
1 - Leer
8 - Roar
14 - Knock Off
20 - Poison Tail
26 - Imprison
32 - Venoshock
38 - Snarl
44 - Swagger
50 - Reflect Type
56 - Crunch
62 - Noble Roar
68 - Sludge Bomb
74 - Dark Pulse
80 - Recover

The moves that I picked for Chromera's level-up movepool were based on the list of required moves and what I thought would be good flavor moves for a chimera/lion/mystical painting creature. This reasoning is the justification behind why I included moves like Roar and Reflect Type, which are somewhat contentious. I'd be open to discussing Disable. It is a move I'd like to see this CAP have but I do realize it might affect its playstyle.

Chromera's BST of 600 and lack of prevolutions implies mythical pokemon status, and therefore should not have an egg group and the ability to breed.

TM08 - Hyper Beam
TM09 - Giga Impact
TM19 - Safeguard
TM21 - Rest
TM23 - Thief
TM24 - Snore
TM25 - Protect
TM26 - Scary Face
TM37 - Beat Up
TM39 - Facade
TM44 - Imprison
TM53 - Mud Shot
TM57 - Payback
TM58 - Assurance
TM59 - Fling
TM60 - Power Swap
TM61 - Guard Swap
TM62 - Speed Swap
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM73 - Cross Poison
TM76 - Round
TM77 - Hex
TM79 - Retaliate
TM84 - Tail Slap
TM85 - Snarl
TM94 - False Swipe
TM97 - Brutal Swing

TR01 - Body Slam
TR05 - Ice Beam
TR06 - Blizzard
TR08 - Thunderbolt
TR09 - Thunder
TR11 - Psychic
TR13 - Focus Energy
TR20 - Substitute
TR22 - Sludge Bomb
TR24 - Outrage
TR25 - Psyshock
TR26 - Endure
TR27 - Sleep Talk
TR32 - Crunch
TR33 - Shadow Ball
TR35 - Uproar
TR37 - Taunt
TR42 - Hyper Voice
TR49 - Calm Mind
TR54 - Toxic Spikes
TR57 - Poison Jab
TR58 - Dark Pulse
TR69 - Zen Headbutt
TR78 - Sludge Wave
TR81 - Foul Play
TR82 - Stored Power
TR84 - Scald
TR85 - Work Up
TR91 - Venom Drench
TR95 - Throat Chop
TR97 - Psychic Fangs

Assurance
Beat Up
Blizzard
Body Slam
Boomburst
Brutal Swing
Calm Mind
Cross Poison
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Discharge

Double Hit
Endure
Facade

False Swipe
Fling
Focus Energy
Foul Play
Giga Impact
Guard Swap
Hex
Hyper Beam
Hyper Voice
Ice Beam
Imprison
Knock Off
Leer
Mud Shot
Noble Roar
Outrage
Payback
Poison Jab
Poison Tail
Power Swap
Protect
Psychic
Psychic Fangs
Psyshock
Recover
Reflect Type
Rest
Retaliate
Roar
Round
Safeguard
Scald
Scary Face
Shadow Ball
Shadow Claw
Sleep Talk
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Snarl
Speed Swap
Stored Power
Substitute
Swagger
Tail Slap
Taunt
Thief
Throat Chop
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes

Uproar
Venom Drench
Venoshock
Work Up
Zen Headbutt

Total Moves: 71
Required Moves are in Bold

I'll be keeping this WIP until I get a legality check on Disable. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with this movepool.

EDIT 5/11/21: Replaced Disable with Imprison, removed Giga Drain, and moved from WIP to Final Submission.

EDIT 5/13/21: Fixed some errors on the post, added complete list of moves.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Posting some thoughts as I'm at work and can't really make progress on the full movepool.

As far as Fire coverage is concerned we do need to gauge our match-up versus Fire-weak Pokemon and whether the move breaks anything our strongest moves on that attacking side doesn't. For flavor purposes we'd want to ensure our Fire coverage isn't significantly outdamaging these options. Fire Fang has 65 BP or 130 when hitting SE, which isn't as much as STAB Knock Off (a required move) is doing the first turn; over two turns, however, two 130 BP Fire Fangs have a 48.75 BP advantage over two Knock Offs, which does give it an edge. Fang does comes off our weaker Attack stat which is a downside.

Overall I'd rather avoid the issue entirely as isolated Fire coverage in Fire Fang feels slightly awkward if we don't have other Fire type moves, as opposed to the other Fang moves and our access to Tbolt/Ice Beam. The risk of messing with our matchup versus Steels (especially Ferro who takes a ton) isn't worth it IMO.

I agree Nasty Plot is just going too far and will probably override Calm Mind's more pro-concept functionality in favor of fat KO potential. Coil on the other hand definitely deserves some more testing, it would mean that our SpDef-reliant answers are less capable but 85 Attack < 115 SpA in terms of power and our coverage moves are way less impressive on the Physical side (Crash is weaker and inaccurate, Wild Charge damages us, no physical Water moves burn). Knock Off and Gunk Shot are quite a step up from Dark Pulse and Sludge Bomb, however both still have drawbacks in the former being weak as STAB long-term and the latter having poor accuracy before a Coil.

Power Trip isn't something I care for either and, to echo what Tom had said, if this move is holding back Coil I'd rather just axe Power Trip, but if we don't have Coil then I don't think it would be too broken given that boosting your Special Attack to use an otherwise useless Physical move is... kinda bad when you can just use the boosted Special move?

WIP

L1: Bite, Reflect Type, Tail Whip, Poison Fang
L6: Power Trip
L12: Toxic
L18: Poison Tail
L24: Roar
L30: Slack Off
L36: Knock Off
L42: Toxic Spikes
L48: Discharge
L54: Hyper Voice
L60: Noble Roar
L66: Crunch
L72: Gunk Shot
L78: Boomburst
TR68: Nasty Plot
TR86: Wild Charge
TR95: Throat Chop
Lash Out

WIP

Slight up date to my earlier post
1 Noble Roar
1 Sludge
1 Snarl
1 Acid Armor
10 Honeclaws
20 Roar
30 Sludge wave
40 Dark pulse
50 Discharge
60 Recover
70 Knock off
80 Boom burst

TR39: Superpower

Event
Shiny locked
Strength Sap
Dark pulse
Sludge wave

Event
L:100
Life dew
Extreme speed
Gunk shot

Couple changes, and a few things I’m torn on.

Coil and jaw lock were removed and jaw lock definitely won’t be coming back. Coil is just waiting on the final call on it.

In addition I added extreme speed to one of the events. Which initially seems counterintuitive to our ability color change but due to our attack Extreme speed is only really effective after good use of color change IE. after coils* or switching in on rapid sounds

I’m using two separate events because, I think we all are moving as if this is a mythical and two limit the freedom of strength sap to some extent

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Good day, we have reviewed some recent legend movepools and we've come to the decision to disallow shiny locked moves, please update your movepools to reflect this, you are obviously still allowed event-exclusive moves, just don't shiny lock those.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

1 - Reflect Type
1 - Roar
1 - Recover
1 - Bite
6 - Poison Tail
12 - Toxic
18 - Sludge
24 - Snarl
30 - Reflect
30 - Light Screen
36 - Venoshock
42 - Noble Roar
48 - Poison Jab
54 - Knock Off
63 - Hyper Voice
72 - Dark Pulse
81 - Sludge Wave
90 - Recover
99 - Boomburst

I tried to maximize our required non-TM/TR moves in the level-up pool.

Noble Roar probably isn't worth using but lowering our opponent's damage output does assist in our quest to make KOing us as obnoxious as possible.

Wanted to be cheeky with the numbers. All of them are multiples of 3, and guess what else has a lot to do with 3? Yes it's a nod to the Rule of Thirds. Very funny shnowshner nice composure reference.

Reflect Type may not be useful competitively, but fits perfectly with our type-changing ability.

Couple of themes present: some moves that refer to our painting aspect, including Dual Screens (like we're drawing/printing them), Recover (restoration of an art piece), Sludge Wave (spilling a paint can on your rival) and Knock Off (plagiarism).

Sound moves were a good fit for the lion inspiration and as level increases so too does proficiency.

Poison Tail and Jab are also in reference to our little snake friend.

I wanted certain levels to have a specific set of moves depending on when it's found. At level 1 all it really does is annoy the opponent and stay healthy with Recover. Level 100 is different as it has dual STAB, the incredibly powerful Boomburst, and Recover once again, which could be an actual set all things considered.

TM32: Sandstorm
TM33: Rain Dance
TM35: Hail
TM88: Grassy Terrain
TM89: Misty Terrain
TM90: Electric Terrain
TM91: Psychic Terrain

None of the moves here are particularly relevant.

There are a lot of field effects present, and the idea was that it's able to manifest "paintings" into the real world. So you draw a nice clear day and boom, Sun is set up. If you want Rain instead, draw the British Isles. Windows XP screensaver? Grassy Terrain. This works for other moves like Scary Face, sure its a lion but imagine what else it could whip up.

Beyond that just the usual moves most things get, some Dark moves, whatever else made sense.

TR04: Surf
TR11: Psychic

A lot of our useful required moves show up here. Blizzard and Thunder are present, they may be stronger than standard BoltBeam but also lack consistency, so I can't imagine them being problematic.

Beyond that it's largely flavor moves to round everything out and make the whole thing look pretty natural for a mythical.

Lash Out

- Discharge
- Aurora Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Tri Attack

Discharge is a nice alternative to Thunderbolt: its lesser power can be a hinderance, but it's great for status-fishing and potentially setting up a sweep later in the game. Aurora Beam is good flavor. Will-O-Wisp adds a non-attacking Fire move to justify Tri Attack, which is bundled along as a way to tie all three elements together, like one might mix colors. Paint joke.

If you're wondering why Wisp and Tri-Attack are event-only despite being a TM and TR respectively, it's because I wanted all moves in the event to be exclusive to it. I was going to add both anyway since they're pretty much lesser side-grades to Scald, but I liked having them be unique to the event. Competitively it doesn't matter anyhow, so might as well.

Assurance
Aurora Beam
Bite
Blizzard
Body Slam
Boomburst
Brutal Swing
Calm Mind
Charm
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Discharge
Electric Terrain
Endure
Facade

False Swipe
Giga Impact
Grassy Terrain
Gunk Shot
Hail
Hyper Beam
Hyper Voice
Ice Beam
Ice Fang
Iron Tail
Knock Off
Lash Out
Light Screen
Misty Terrain
Noble Roar
Poison Jab
Poison Tail
Protect
Psychic
Psychic Terrain
Rain Dance
Recover
Reflect
Reflect Type
Rest
Roar
Round
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Scald
Scary Face
Shadow Claw
Sleep Talk
Sludge
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Snarl
Snore
Substitute

Sunny Day
Surf
Tail Slap
Taunt
Thief
Thunder
Thunder Fang
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes

Tri Attack
Uproar
Venom Drench
Venoshock
Will-O-Wisp
Work Up
Zen Headbutt

V2

Removed Glare, Encore, and Attract.
Poison Jab replaced Glare in Level-Up Pool and swapped places with Noble Roar.

Final

Made changes to reflect Discharge being removed from required moves

Last edited:
Would also like some official wording on Attract and if our CAP is going to be Gendered or not.
Not giving an official wording on Attract because I am neither on the TLT nor a mod, but the Final Product thread explicitly states that Chromera is genderless.

EDIT: Also, I wanted to point out that the Final Product thread states that Chromera is a standard legendary, not a mythical.
After considerable consultation with the CAP moderators and the Topic Leadership Team, we've decided to confirm that Chromera would follow the classic Legendary mold from in-game Pokemon. This would put it in the same general group as Pokemon such as Latios, Latias, Heatran, Cresselia, Zygarde, and Necrozma.
I've seen some mentions of treating this as a mythical, which it is not. Although, this probably shouldn't affect the existing movepools here very much (if at all), it's something worth keeping in mind.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP

1 - Power Trip
1 - Noble Roar
1 - Acid Spray
6 - Bite
12 - Poison Fang
18 - Hone Claws
24 - Toxic
30 - Roar
36 - Knock Off
42 - Reflect Type
48 - Dark Pulse
54 - Hyper Voice
60 - Sludge Bomb
66 - Crunch
72 - Wide Guard
78 - Boomburst
84 - Recover

90 - Gunk Shot
TM08 Hyper Beam
TM09 Giga Impact
TM16 Screech
TM17 Light Screen
TM21 Rest
TM24 Snore
TM25 Protect

TM26 Scary Face
TM33 Sunny Day
TM34 Rain Dance
TM39 Facade
TM40 Swift
TM41 Helping Hand
TM47 Fake Tears
TM57 Payback
TM58 Assurance
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Ice Fang
TM67 Thunder Fang
TM68 Fire Fang
TM73 Cross Poison
TM74 Venoshock
TM76 Round
TM85 Snarl
TM94 False Swipe
TM97 Brutal Swing
TR01 Body Slam
TR05 Ice Beam
TR06 Blizzard
TR08 Thunderbolt
TR09 Thunder
TR12 Agility
TR20 Substitute
TR22 Sludge Bomb
TR26 Endure
TR27 Sleep Talk

TR31 Iron Tail
TR32 Crunch
TR33 Shadow Ball
TR35 Uproar
TR37 Taunt
TR42 Hyper Voice
TR49 Calm Mind
TR54 Toxic Spikes

TR57 Poison Jab
TR58 Dark Pulse
TR73 Gunk Shot

TR74 Iron Head
TR78 Sludge Wave
TR81 Foul Play
TR84 Scald
TR90 Play Rough
TR91 Venom Drench
TR97 Psychic Fangs
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Gunk Shot

There is a current thing about Choice Band Extreme Speed making the rounds on low ladder, and in spirit of the legendary beasts before it, I decided to make Extreme Speed an event exclusive move for Chromera to use.
Lash Out
Corrosive Gaa

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Legality Checks:
Written by Birkal and SHSP

Coil - Illegal - Knock Off/Utility sets are growing in popularity, and adding Coil could potentially be another distraction in its toolkit.​
Nasty Plot - Illegal - It doesn't mesh well with the concept of a bulky sweeper and Calm Mind; this could potentially mess with our threatlist.​
Roar - Legal - Phazing is likely not very good on CAP29, especially since our opponent can get in a potshot first and change our typing.​
Acid Armor - Legal - Sure, but we both think it's gimmicky and could potentially be distracting. Probably fine though.​
Reflect Type - Legal - We both think this is hilarious. Have at it.​
Strength Sap - Illegal - This move is super centralizing and would change a lot of matchups for CAP29. Big potential competitive implications.​
Jaw Lock - Illegal - Could lead to degenerate gameplay where CAP29 can trap the perfect opponent and CM up to +6/+6. Not allowed.​
Power Trip - Legal - Now that Coil is off the table, this is fine by us. Could be used on gimmicky sets, but doesn't seem as appealing as our STABs, coverage, or Booomburst.​
Night Daze - Illegal - We already discussed this during Defining Moves.​
Toxic Thread - Illegal - This would never get run, so we'll allow it. We were both confused about where the thread is coming from flavorwise, lol. This move doesn't exist in SwSh; illegal.​
Tar Shot - Legal - This is a signature move, right? If that disqualifies it, then please don't include it. Otherwise, CAP29 is not getting competitive mileage out of this move, so we'll allow it.​
Nature Power - Illegal - Pretty distracting, even if it is conditional in order to make it work. Better to be safe than sorry.​
Weather Ball - Illegal - Same boat as Nature Power; we don't want to be adding additional coverage if we can help it.​
Topsy Turvy - Legal - The definition of gimmicky. Neither of us are a big fan, but we don't think it would ever use this competitively.​
Decorate - Legal - This move is not competitive.​
Purify - Illegal - This move is prooooobably not competitive, but we didn't comfortable making it legal either. Could lead to some degenerate sets that nullify poison, which is one of the key counters against CAP29 at the moment.​
Acid Spray - Legal - Probably won't be run. Gimmicky, but if it fits your flavor, go for it.​
Megahorn - Illegal - Chromera has no horn. Don't do this to us.​
Disable - Illegal - This is something that probably needs to be brought up in the 2.0 competitive discussion. Disable would be a big sacrifice of a moveslot, but it could also lead to some degenerate play with how CAP29 works.​
Encore - Illegal - Astrolotl proved that you can get a lot of mileage out of this move, especially if you're fast and bulky. This has competitive implications that make it too powerful to allow.​
Glare - Illegal - This move is really good, too good to be just a flavor move. Pass.​
Fire Fang - Legal - Adds some coverage, but we're not adding Coil or any other physical-boosting moves. This is pretty weak, so we'll allow it.​

Sorry it took us so long; it took SHSP and I quite some time to get our schedules to line up to discuss these. Ping us in this thread if you have any more legality checks you'd like us to give a verdict on. You also might want to start making some final decisions; I don't imagine this thread being open for much longer. You've still got some time though, so keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Requesting legality checks for Bulk Up and Gunk Shot. They don't have nearly the same synergy as Coil does but I thought I'd ask

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Since Glare is banned, I thought I would also ask for a legality check on Thunder Wave, it's naturally a lot weaker than Glare and even Toxic but it could still see some use on the utility set as a niche option to try and cripple some switchins like Dragapult.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Tar Shot - Legal - This is a signature move, right? If that disqualifies it, then please don't include it. Otherwise, CAP29 is not getting competitive mileage out of this move, so we'll allow it​
Tar Shot is the signature move of Coalossal.

Birkal

We have the technology.
Legality Checks:
Written by Birkal and SHSP

Bulk Up - Illegal - This would also probably not see too much use, but we agreed that it would be a distraction from Calm Mind. We won't allow it for now, but that doesn't mean we won't revisit physical boosting when it comes to our 2.0 release.​
Gunk Shot - Legal - This is good flavor, and it's not particularly effective competitive.​
Thunder Wave - Illegal - Still not interesting in giving CAP29 the ability to spread paralysis.​

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

1 Poison Fang
1 Bite
1 Quick Attack
1 Reflect Type
8 Noble Roar
16 Acid Spray
24 Toxic
32 Knock Off

40 Aurora Beam
48 Night Slash
56 Sludge Bomb
64 Recover
72 Dark Pulse

80 Sludge Wave
88 Boomburst

For the pattern of learning moves, I decided to copy Calyrex's spread, as I felt Chromera shared a similar number of qualities with Calyrex. They are both legendaries with some regal nature behind them, neither of them have a signature move or a signature ability (In the case of Calyrex obviously in its base form), and both would come from the same generation.

For the actual moves themselves I choose to only include Normal, Poison, and Dark moves in its Level-Up movepool just so that it suits its type. The sole exception to this is Aurora Beam at Level 40. The reason I did this is mostly just so that it has three different types of attacks and Recover in a hypothetical Legendary Battle at Level 70. I choose Aurora Beam specifically because the move is heavily associated with color and with light (Which obviously fits our Pokemon, especially the former) and because I know it would really shake anything up since Chromera is already getting Ice Beam. Quick Attack was added because I would imagine Chromera to be fast on its feet as well, and Noble Roar because its both very regal and its based on a mythical creature that is part lion. I decided against Roar because I just wasn't really keen on giving it access to Phasing.

TM27: Icy Wind
TM40: Swift
TM48: Rock Tomb

Flavor Wise, I was quite conservative when it came to choosing TM/TRs (On the Competitive side this pretty much applied all across the board. Only real competitive moves that I added the Chromera 1.0 doesn't already have are Screens). I decided to add some biting moves since our Pokemon seems to have a strong bite, Icy Wind because it gets Ice Beam and its quite uncommon for Pokemon to get one of those moves and not the other, and Shadow Claw since Dark-Types tend to get a decent number of Ghost-Type moves.

TR29: Baton Pass

Most of the stuff here is pretty standard.

Lash Out

Lash Out is Standard on Dark-Types. Didn't want to go with Corrosive Gas just because Chromera doesn't really exhale any gases of any kind.

Acid Spray
Agility
Assurance
Aurora Beam
Baton Pass
Bite
Blizzard
Body Slam
Boomburst
Brutal Swing
Calm Mind
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Endure
Facade

False Swipe
Fire Fang
Foul Play
Giga Impact
Gunk Shot
Hyper Beam
Hyper Voice
Ice Beam
Ice Fang
Icy Wind
Iron Tail
Knock Off
Lash Out
Light Screen
Night Slash
Noble Roar
Pay Day
Payback
Poison Fang
Poison Jab
Protect
Psychic Fangs
Quick Attack
Recover
Reflect
Reflect Type
Rest
Retaliate
Rock Tomb
Round
Scald
Scary Face
Screech
Shadow Ball
Shadow Claw
Sleep Talk
Sludge Bomb

Sludge Wave
Snarl
Snore
Substitute

Swift
Tail Slap
Taunt
Thief
Thunder
Thunder Fang
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes

Uproar
Venom Drench
Venoshock
Work Up
Zen Headbutt

Update 1:
  • Added Aurora Beam and Reflect Type
  • Removed Discharge (No Longer Mandatory) and Copycat (Not a huge fan anymore flavor-wise and Copycat Chromera is really gimmicky)
  • Swapped the Levels at which Recover and Discharge (Now Aurora Beam) were learned
Update 2:
  • Changed to Final Submission
  • Added Descriptions
  • Added Night Slash (Makes the Total Counter a Nice 70)
  • Added Sludge Wave to Level-Up Movepool (Replacing Belch)
  • Removed Crunch from Level-Up Movepool (Making room for Night Slash)
  • Removed Belch and Skitter Smack (Decided against them because it just felt against the nature of Chromera)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)