SPOILERS! [Crown Tundra!] List of Movepool Changes

I have checked every move for changes in Power, Accuracy, PP, Priority, and Crit chance compared to Sun/Moon. The changes are:

Rapid Spin 20 > 50 Power
Rapid Spin description: A spin attack that can also eliminate such moves as Bind, Wrap, and Leech Seed. This also raises the user’s Speed stat.
Multi-Attack 90 > 120 Power
Teleport 0 > -6 Priority
Teleport description: The user switches places with a party Pokémon in waiting, if any. If a wild Pokémon uses this move, it flees.
And that's it. (I didn't compare each move description, I just added them for completion’s sake.)

I have also gathered a list of moves removed/disabled in the game (but still had their original description) that was not found on here: https://pastebin.com/3FTfUgzd (where their description was changed to say they aren't in the game). Note that the basic data for all of these moves are still intact:

Lovely Kiss
Bonemerang
Hyper Fang
Conversion
Conversion 2
Sketch
Milk Drink
Tail Glow
Chatter
Head Charge
Fiery Dance
Powder
Shore Up
Ice Hammer
Floral Healing
Toxic Thread
Reveleation Dance
Beak Blast
Dragon Hammer
Shadow Bone

Aeroblast
Scared Fire
Luster Purge
Mist Ball
Psycho Boost
Heart Swap
Judgment
Roar of Time
Spacial Rend
Lunar Dance
Crush Grip
Magma Storm
Dark Void
Seed Flare
Shadow Force
Searing Shot
Techno Blast
Relic Song
Diamond Storm
Steam Eruption
Hyperspace Hole
Geomancy
Oblivion Wing
Thousand Arrows
Thousand Waves
Land’s Wrath
Light of Ruin
Origin Pulse
Precipice Blades
Dragon Ascent
Hyperspace Fury
Core Enforcer
Fleur Cannon
Nature's Madness
Mind Blown

Edit: here's a spreadsheet of all of the moves data for those who want it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16-WV-36NsXFf2yuuvs5seF8ohDfhOiitp2q6IHXQUIc/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Double posting to say that I had added a section to the spreadsheet listing all D-Max moves by power, including separating it into 4 parts: All (excluding Z-moves and Max moves, which are 0), Regular, Poison/Fighting (25% less power), and moves with variable/special attack power (including Weather Ball, Multi Attack and Dynamax Cannon).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16-WV-36NsXFf2yuuvs5seF8ohDfhOiitp2q6IHXQUIc/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: oh, and Stick has been changed to Leek, and Vice Grip has been changed to Vise Grip.

Last edited:
Here's video that shows Howl being used duriing the Eternatus raid (7 minutes in because the timestamp doesn't seem to work for this), where it buffs everyone. Assuming this isn't raid-exclusive mechanic (it shouldn't?), that means that yes, Howl is now party-wide and might get some niche usage

I've really heated gen 8 so far, so at least venusaur is getting earth power hitting tran hard
but who knows how the meta will look
celesteela's heavy slam no longer working against gigantamax could be a problem for it
i could go on and on but i really need to stop procrastinating and finish my homework

Here's video that shows Howl being used duriing the Eternatus raid (7 minutes in because the timestamp doesn't seem to work for this), where it buffs everyone. Assuming this isn't raid-exclusive mechanic (it shouldn't?), that means that yes, Howl is now party-wide and might get some niche usage
It should also be checked whether Howl affects allies with Soundproof

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
I've really heated gen 8 so far, so at least venusaur is getting earth power hitting tran hard
but who knows how the meta will look
celesteela's heavy slam no longer working against gigantamax could be a problem for it
i could go on and on but i really need to stop procrastinating and finish my homework
Neither Tran nor Steela is returning so uh

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
So, is all the data for the removed moves still in the game? And if so, do they work as intended?

Haven't seen it here, but some other sites are claiming Mimikyu got nerfed. Disguise now deals 10% damage upon taking a hit, presumably to prevent stacking disguise with focus sash.

Can anyone verify this?

I think it's been confirmed multiple times in this thread and elsewhere.
Sorry, I couldn't find them and it wasn't listed on the first page with the other confirmed changes.

EDIT: Decided to be less stupid and use the search function. Apparently this is just the one forum it wasn't mentioned. At least I'm not going crazy for missing what wasn't there!

Last edited:
Haven't seen it here, but some other sites are claiming Mimikyu got nerfed. Disguise now deals 10% damage upon taking a hit, presumably to prevent stacking disguise with focus sash.

Can anyone verify this?
So how would this work? You only take 10% of the damage you would take upon first hit with Disguise up, or damage is reduced by 10%?

So how would this work? You only take 10% of the damage you would take upon first hit with Disguise up, or damage is reduced by 10%?
Mimikyu loses 10% of it's health, regardless of how strong the attack is.

Honestly seems like a harsh nerf, given that Eiscue doesn't have this restriction (although I guess Ice Face only guards physical moves, not specials). I guess they just really hated the focus sash Mimikyu set (I always used Lum Berry).

Last edited:
Mimikyu loses 10% of it's health, regardless of how strong the attack is.

Honestly seems like a harsh nerf, given that Eiscue doesn't have this restriction (although I guess Ice Face only guards physical moves, not specials). I guess they just really hated the focus sash Mimikyu set (I always used Lum Berry).
Wow that’s insane! Just when I think Game Freak couldn’t be stupider...
I always used Z moves on Mimikyu, between bulk up, drain punch, shadow sneak and whatever else, I don’t get why people felt mimikyu really needed to keep boosting. That’s stupidly harsh, so something like dragon wave will always do 10% now? Now even weak setup moves like Nuzzle will fuck mimikyu over. Someone ought to test that. Maybe it reduces something that would do more than 10% damage to just 10%. But that really doesn’t make sense, why is the disguise taking any damage at all?

Wow that’s insane! Just when I think Game Freak couldn’t be stupider...
I always used Z moves on Mimikyu, between bulk up, drain punch, shadow sneak and whatever else, I don’t get why people felt mimikyu really needed to keep boosting. That’s stupidly harsh, so something like dragon wave will always do 10% now? Now even weak setup moves like Nuzzle will fuck mimikyu over. Someone ought to test that. Maybe it reduces something that would do more than 10% damage to just 10%. But that really doesn’t make sense, why is the disguise taking any damage at all?
10% only really matters if you're Focus Sash, and Focus Sash was apparently used a LOT in Battle Spot Singles or something.

And even if a move called Dragon Wave existed, it wouldn't do anything to Mimikyu, because it's a Fairy type. And Nuzzle always fucked Mimikyu over, not that it was ever in a tier with a Nuzzle user.

I could still use roost hydreigon in gen8betaou

i think if u transfer it you could still use it in sword and shield

what i can no longer use roost how come i was able to use it yeasterday today no more :(

MOD EDIT: Posts merged, please don't double post. Also, put a little more care into your writing - CRoll

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)