SPOILERS! [Crown Tundra!] List of Movepool Changes

Technically, Agility isn't new on Shedinja, but this is the first it's been able to get it in a while. In Gens 3 and 4, if you evolved Nincada at a level at which Ninjask learned a move, and then let it learn that move, the resulting Shedinja would get it as well. And it was perfectly possible to do this at the level on which Ninjask learned Agility, so Shedinja's been able to get Agility.

It's pretty interesting that Sableye can now learn both Encore and Disable.

While it doesn't compensate the loss of its Mega Evolution, it can now easily lock an opponent into Struggle.

Its interesting that Intimidate seems to be its own status in a way; triggers adrenaline orb, is blocked by abilities that show focus (or lack thereof)...at this point inwouldnt be surprised if it triggered Rattled.

I meant more in the way of like it seems treated as a mini condition (called it a mentality status before, but i guess Fear is more accurate). Id like to see more Fear based abilities, like Unnerve or a special attack variant of intimidate.
That was actually the case in SM/USUM: unnerve, pressure and intimidate all increased chance to get SoS calls.

Does "Roost is not available" mean that it just can;'t learn it in-game anymore, or that it physically cannot use the move even if transferred with it?
The former. Moves that are still in the game but removed from movesets can still be used if transferred (but not relearned if forgotten).
A pokemon knowing Toxic, Knock Off, Roost, etc that can't learn it anymore will still be able to use it, in same way as previous gens.

Moves that are actually removed (like Pursuit or Heal Order) can't be used at all.

Rapid spin doesn't remove entry hazards anymore.

Old: A spin attack that can also eliminate such moves as Bind, Wrap, Leech Seed, and Spikes.

New: A spin attack that can also eliminate such moves as Bind, Wrap, and Leech Seed. This also raises the user’s Speed stat.

The description doesnt mention removing entry hazards anymore, seems intentional to me as they made the move as a sort of "normal type" flame charge.

Old: A spin attack that can also eliminate such moves as Bind, Wrap, Leech Seed, and Spikes.

New: A spin attack that can also eliminate such moves as Bind, Wrap, and Leech Seed. This also raises the user’s Speed stat.

The description doesnt mention removing entry hazards anymore, seems intentional to me as they made the move as a sort of "normal type" flame charge.
Has this been confirmed in the game itself, or is it just the text change that is confirmed? This is pretty huge if the Hazard removal is indeed gone.

It's possible that this is because of some sort of character limit on move descriptions. I second the need to test this ingame.

Defog definitely still removes them, though -- I believe this was indirectly confirmed by G-Max Corviknight's advertising.

It's very unlikely to be due to a character limit, some move descriptions contain a lot more characters.
Rapid spin new description : 119 characters
Volt Tackle: 140 characters
Knock off: 144 characters
Gravity: 147 characters
cba listing more, but they could definitely fit one more 5 letter word.
Plus it would make sense as rapid spin was already much better than defog by itself (even tho not as widespread as defog), it would be silly to boost it even more while leaving defog as it is.

Defog even got removed from a lot of mon's learnset, and there is the addition of the heavy duty boots item to suit mons that have a x4 weakness to rock, seems like gamefreak is trying to limit the number of turns used for setting/removing hazards and force people to "deal with it" once its set.

seems like gamefreak is trying to limit the number of turns used for setting/removing hazards and force people to "deal with it" once its set
TBH that suits me just fine. We still have counterplay. Having more ways to clear them was a nice experiment, but if anything it has made the game even *more* focused around setting and clearing them.

This also means that ways to clear hazards will also universally clear your own aswell, which seems intentional. I also expect, in combination with last gen's burn nerf and the removal of Toxic from most movepools, they are trying to reduce the emphasis on passive damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)