CAP 29 - Part 13 - Full Movepool Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
SHSP and I have been talking about our Electric-type coverage, specifically Discharge. Originally, he found that there was enough community consensus in Moveset Discussion to put Discharge on the required moves list. The topic was largely around Electric-type coverage, but Discharge was included to compliment the nature of CAP29 doing damage while fishing for status (as seen with Scald and Sludge Bomb).

However, we have heard the groans of movepool creators, as Discharge is not a TM/TR that is easy to add to a movepool. In our early weeks here of playtesting, we've found Discharge to not be a vital part of CAP29's kit. Therefore, we are moving Discharge from Required to Optional. Please note that Thunderbolt is still a required move, as we do find some Electric-type coverage to be important for CAP29 to have access to in teambuilder. Thunder would also be a smart addition in a similar vein. But you do not need to force Discharge into your movepool anymore. It's still optional though, so if you were happy with your solution and would like to keep it, you're welcome to do so.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alright everyone, this is your 72 hour warning to get your final movepool submitted. Make sure to read the OP for directions on how to get everything legal for submission. Ping me for more legality checks if you need them.

Legality Check:
Written by Birkal

Giga Drain - Illegal - This could be effective on CM sets. It ruins the Gastrodon match-up, which has been a key matchup this whole process, but it could also be used on CM sets to bypass Recover. It would honestly probably not be very good at all, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I don't see a lot of strong flavor reasoning for this either, so I don't feel bad banning it either.​

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Disqualifications:
  • Shnowshner: Will-O-Wisp has competitive implications and should have been requested for a legality check.
All the rest advance to poll 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)