CAP 29 - Part 14 - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
CAP 29 So Far

-----

Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be submitted as palette swaps of the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark red
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> white
        • Dark blue -> gray
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> gray
        • Dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green
        • Dark blue -> light green
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Smogon forums or Imgur). Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Sprites:

WIP

I went for a vampiric sort of coloration for this one:

CAP29Sprite_Shiny_FS.png

I muted the frame to try to go for a more wooden like texture. I like white/black for the horns for a bit of a chessboard vibe as well.

CAP29Sprite_Shiny_FS2.png

Did another, aiming for a more natural palette, wooden frame with a mossy body and blue/yellow for an organic sky vibe.

CAP29Sprite_Shiny_FS3.png

One more, based on Marnie's color scheme from SW/SH. Think this one is my favorite, but I'd love some feedback.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Chromera Shiny-3.png (2).png

Went for an almost-greyscale body with black and white ribbons in this one, with copper framing still to keep at least some coloured bits so it isn't as dull. Similar train of thought as Mimikyu's shiny, I suppose.

Last edited:
WIP
Untitled (20) (2) (3) (2) (10) (2).png

tried making some sort of statue that looks old. Made the body and paint wood and turned the gold into stone. Also tried making those ribbons or horns into more natural colors like grass or fire.

WIP
Chromera Shiny.png

Colours based on Picasso's blue period for our favourite Cubism chimera. I gave it a silver frame rather than gold, but tried to retain the original shine and kept it bright. As for the ribbons/horns, I simply swapped the colours with each other, but I might change my mind on that later.

Final Submission
chromera shiny.png

Bronze frame with the body a more pink-ish color. No specific inspiration, I just went with things I thought would look interesting, not entirely sure on the flair(?) colors I went with.

Last edited:
WIP
Chromera Shiny WIP.png

For this one, I wanted to go for a more poisonous palette with brighter colors. Idk I thought it would look cool
Chromera Shiny WIP 2.png

And for this one, I wanted to try bringing out a jade-colored frame. Not too sure about the colors on the banner things though.

WIP

ChromeraShiny.png
Chroshinyswamp.png

Cursed painting of a swamp lily. I like both for different reasons.

Chroshinytomb.png

Living portrait of an Egyptian sphinx.

Last edited:
Final Submission

I wanted to keep the poison and dark typing look while making ribbons that pop out. so i went with a midnight blue and silver frame.

Last edited:
WIP

1619610377682.png

Decided to lean a bit into primary colors and experiment with it to see how it would look. I actually ended up liking the blood-red body with the primary colors as accents, alongside changing the frame and bangles to silver rather than gold.

1619649737545.png

Definitely my favorite of the two, I went for a bit of a sleeker, less saturated approach. Again changed the frame and bangles to silver, but kept the eyes as a lighter shade of yellow to accent the darker greens and golden yellows.

1619649766949.png

A variant version of the green shiny, just wanted to see how a blood red would look instead. I think both versions work nicely!

Would love some feedback on which WIP should be the final submission, I'm torn between the last two. Thanks!

Last edited:
Final Submission

Chromera_Shiny (1).png

I based this shiny off of indigos significance and rarity in art historically, and then used it along with other elements to create a cooler theme compared to the warmth of the normal sprite

Last edited:
Final Submission
1620013039193.png

Decided to go for a bit of a different look and went with a darkened tone. I wanted to give off a bit more of a threatening aura to match its dark typing, so I went with a black body and silver frame with green and yellow ribbons/tassels.

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
WIP
image-2.png(38)-1.png(4).png

Decided to make it so it has a gold body, silver frame, and ruby and sapphire ears. Thanks to the people on Discord for their feedback and help.

WIP

Can I get a legality check on this please - I've tried to base it on the idea of a Shiny "White Lion" and a Blank Canvas, but I'm unsure if this exceeds the hue/brightness clause? I've kept the same gold as the base sprite to keep it tied together.
CAP29 Shiny.png

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP

Can I get a legality check on this please - I've tried to base it on the idea of a Shiny "White Lion" and a Blank Canvas, but I'm unsure if this exceeds the hue/brightness clause? I've kept the same gold as the base sprite to keep it tied together.
View attachment 337024
I think the contrast between the white shades isn't large enough and results in it looking very washed out. I would brighten the lightest white by quite a bit and darken the others, including restoring the black outline.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Chromera Shiny.png

Have tweaked the shades of yellow, green and orange since my WIP to better suit the aim of it appearing to be coloured based on a lion and not a pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)