Which names should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ok guys, poll incoming. Vote for as many as you like.

Options are:
Polypalm - a combination of opiliones, poly and palm.

Opilipalms (Opiliones and Palms)
Opiliones = The order of spiders that the Daddy Long Legs belongs in.
Palms = ...The center of your hands.

One final possible name is Handigit Hand+Digit (which is a name for fingers). Short, simple and straight to the point.

Jazzdyne
Jazz hands. comes from dynamic. Fits the Pokémon, I think.

I'm thinking Palmmire (palm -mire) sounds pokemon-ish. Pretty fitting flavorwise IMO. Looks like it's spelled weird, though. Maybe drop an M (Palmire)?
Palm, obvious.
Mire, 1 : wet spongy earth (as of a bog or marsh) 2 : heavy often deep mud or slush. In most of the sprites he's seen carrying muck with him so this isn't too far off. Could also relate more to the arachnid side of him also. (Great Marsh anyone? Just think of him high walking through it raised above all the muck. If you can find a scorpion there why not this guy?)

Fidgit (i think it sounds cute, and it probably has trouble finding something for all those hands to do, so it fidgets. also rhymes with 'digit')

Harvesand- A combination of harvestman (the arachnid he is based on) and sand for the ground aspect. It is simple enough, plus it sounds like havestman when you say it. Alternatively, it could be Harvestand as in stand instead of sand.

Maybe just Handiman/Handyman? Simple, no?

What about Fidgitrick.

I like Venomocho, it's pretty funny in spanish terms lol.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Harvesand
Jazzdyne

Both sound awesomely cool.

Also don't forget to actually vote in the poll (I'm looking at you Flounder)

Palmire

Fidgit

Handiman

Fidgitrick

Handigit

any possibility Actopalm could get added? if so, i'd like to vote for it. (however, i do understand if it cannot be done, and it is too late.)

NVM, saw that there was a poll. (lol)

Harvesand
Jazzdyne

No Dexder? Aww... I am not voting for Fidgit. I'm iffy about voting for a name that ends with git and i'm probably never going to say it without laughing. (Yes, I know it's not pronounced that way)

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I seem to recall everyone liking xxxxxxxx/yyyyyyyy. Why wasn't it included?
Because there are only 10 options and about 100+ names suggested >.> I had to attempt to find the ones that stuck the easiest in those short 9 pages.
EDIT: Also like I said on the server:
I give people 24 hours to give me feedback, and 70% of the posts are "congrats Doug/X-Act ones". Then I get flames when person x's suggestion didn't make it to poll. >.>
No offence to Doug/X-Act it just would have been easier if the thread wasn't derailed so soon...

People liked these names?

But you probably aren't willing to scrap it and wait, so my votes go to Harvesand, Jazzdyne, and Palmire.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It isn't unfair at all Danyul. This is especially one of the topics where the TL has to, for the sake of the project, use his judgment to cut down the choices.

Our TL made his decision, and that is the bottom line.

I actually always saw Palmire as my favorite. It's got palm which pretty much is what that guy is made up of. And then mire which is a great word that represents the ground nature of this poke.

EDIT: There were a lot of names to go through guys, of course not all of the ones that got like one post of approval were getting in. Also I forgot to vote for my own one, heh.

sigh, Fidgit's taking away already... Harvesand close behind...

any chance i could get my vote for fidgit removed? having second thoughts...
I understand if i can't.

oh, and tennis? actually it's

Fidgit? FIDGIT? FIDGIIIIIIT!!!!!

sigh, Fidgit's taking away already... Harvesand close behind...

any chance i could get my vote for fidgit removed? having second thoughts...
I understand if i can't.

oh, and tennis? actually it's

Fidgit? FIDGIT? FIDGIIIIIIT!!!!!

I doubt removing your vote would matter, this poll isn't even the final one on names. One vote (in this case) shouldn't make much difference. =\

Palmire
Harvesand

The latter being my "hands" down favorite of all the choices. Having the name go off of Harvestman was just clever.

Oddapplaud isn't there! =0
Well, I voted for:
Fidgit
Harvesand
Fidgitrick
Obviously I feel these bit the best, what more do I need to explain.

Yay. My name seems to be getting some support.

I usually don't like tooting my own horn, but I think Harvesand is actually pretty clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)