CAP 5 CAP 5 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regi DS, I'm sure didn't want to Draw an Eeveelution. If you look at his REAL drawings of Eeveelutions, as Gothic Togekiss said, you would know that he is trying to convey something different.
Deciding for Regi DS that he drew an Eeveelution is not right.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i like this one also...and i have a few ideas to add to it... http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1480902&postcount=359
1.) we can make it an Eevee evolution
2.) make the skin a little darker, maybe pitch black
3.) Call it "Obsideon" to go with the Eevee flow.

just some ideas
Welcome to CAP. Just so you know, we don't do evolutions here.

Edit: Kopie that would be great for a shiny, but it looks meh as the main color. Go with a greyish-blue with tan or something.

Original lineart.
Rock: Look at those appealing straight body lines and brittle legs.
Speed: What says speed better than an equine?
Sp. Att.: Glowy crystals and a soft eerie fire are special, right?
Glass-cannon appearance: With fragile legs and crystal adornments, this guy looks like he'd shatter if he dealt even physical blows of his own.

I apologize to those out there who, once they see colors on something, find it hard to envision anything else. These colors are only representative of what I found laying around that was close enough to what was in my head, and are by no means set in stone (no pun intended). This is why I posted the lineart first.

^Not a Rapidash. Don't even try that. (It's "just like" Rapidash in the same sense as Beautifly is "just like" Butterfree.)

Rockidash anyone?
I can't really see that special attacking despite the crystals, it just gives off that physical feel, especially with the horn.

Sceptile looks like he can rip your face off with his claws but has 105 special attack. Raikou, Houndoom, and Charizard all want to eat you, yet they have 115, 110, 109 SpA respectively. Let's not forget about mix attackers like Salamence who has a surprisng amount of special attack for something so short. Beside, Rock Unicorn looks too frail for riding let alone phyiscal sweeping. I can image the trainer accidently breaking one of it's legs just by trying to get on it.

Rockidash anyone?
I can't really see that special attacking despite the crystals, it just gives off that physical feel, especially with the horn.
Would you care to guess where Dugong's beam attacks come from in the games that use 3-D models? :|

Would you care to guess where Dugong's beam attacks come from in the games that use 3-D models? :|
his horn, sure. would you care to guess where heracross, rhyperior, rapidash and dewgong, seaking, and nidoking use attacks like megahorn, horn attack, and horn drill in all games?

So you're saying that since it looks like a fox it basically means it's an eeveelution? By that logic, Vulpix would count as an eeveelution as well. After all, she is a freaking FOX.

So now having a bushy tail equal eeveelution. Growlithe, Arcanine and lesser extent Mightyena and Poochyena have busy tails, do we count them as eeveelutions as well?

Define "relatively short body shape".

Oh yeah so basically you want us to ignore all things differentive itself from those damn hybrids and only notice the things that make them simliar? Narrow minded anyone? Now, if you actually compare some of his true eeveelution creation to Rock Coyote then you'll see that he way different than them.
Uh, excuse me, but you don't have to be rude.
My essential point was that the more outstanding features were eevee-like.
You completely misinterpretted the main points to my arguments.
I was saying that it wasn't right to be discrediting anyone that suggested Regi's idea looked like an eeveelution.
I'll let this slide now, because I can see why you'd misinterpret what I said, seeing as you don't have perfect English, which could also equate to a less-than-desirable comprehension of what I've been arguing.

So what if it has a horn? I assume its just there to give a unicorn(mystical) feel to the pokemon. Plus its just a small crystal, not some huge horn that screams physical. Really for me, the crystals and aura is enough to make it special. Not to mention the legs are thin and there are cracks on its body making it seem very frail. And like GT said, look at pokemon like Houndoom who look absolutely physcial but have higher SpA.
Anyways thats a great design Headpunch.

@ Dragonknight-

But see, Dewgong was the correct comparison because both it and my concept possess small, non-threatening horns that could be (and in the case of Dewgong, is) used for special attacking purposes. Cyberzero was claiming that the horn made it appear too physical, and I countered with a counterexample of a special attacking, non-physical horn (which was the original intent). Your hastily made counterexamples include Pokémon featuring enlarged and purely physical horns which would only counter an argument that claimed that horns could ONLY be used for special attacking purposes. Seaking is the only exception because he aids my case that horns can and are used for special attacking.

To clarify: Not all horns are physical. Seaking, Dewgong, and my concept are examples of Pokémon that do not use their horn for purely physical purposes. Possessing a horn, especially a small one, does not necessarily give a Pokémon a "physical feel."

Imagination is a good thing.

EDIT: Thank you, Dark Killer.

Uh, excuse me, but you don't have to be rude.
I don't see anything rude within those statement. Maybe saying narrow minded was rude, but your last paragraph could be considered rude as well. If so then we're even.

My essential point was that the more outstanding features were eevee-like.
You completely misinterpretted the main points to my arguments.
I was saying that it wasn't right to be discrediting anyone that suggested Regi's idea looked like an eeveelution.
But it's not right to assume that anything with those feature is an eeveelution as well. My point is that just because it looks like something doesn't mean it is. If it walks like a duck, quack like a duck, and look like a duck, is it a duck?

I'll let this slide now, because I can see why you'd misinterpret what I said, seeing as you don't have perfect English, which could also equate to a less-than-desirable comprehension of what I've been arguing.
You know, with my "less-than-desirable" comprehension skill I could be interpreted this statement as you being full of yourself and maybe belittling me, but I won't because that I know what you're trying to say.

Edit: If you got anything else to say toward me, PM me.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Lets keep the not-so-witty banter to ourselves, shall we? Art is subjective. It can be interpreted in many ways. I, for one, see an inkblot as an inkblot. You might say it's an eeveelution. Who's wrong? Who's right? Who's to tell us what we do or don't see? Constructive criticism only please.

Sorry, Headpunch, you must've misunderstood me.
It's a great concept, it's just too similar in body structure to Rapidash, although the rock twists are great.
I didn't mean anything against your drawing lol
The 'fire' emanating from your pokemon is also a little too similar to Rapidash and not so much representative of Rock.
Maybe something like random spikes/crystals or possibly actual hair would change my opinion, but I only meant my comment in the wake of constructive criticism.

Well, to be fair, we actually were talking about the art XD.
And I see what you did there, with the "not-so-witty banter" part.
But GT keeps on making these assumptions about my views on Regi's design, and its killing me. =0.
Like how I said it looks like an eeveelution for various reasons, then I see GT commenting back assuming that I meant it IS an eeveelution because of reasons x, y, and z.
I just think it could pass as an eeveelution with a few minor tweaks, however I am not suggesting that it is one now.
Just that they're similar.

BTW: I like the Rock-type Rapidash.
But I can't imagine that as a Pokemon.

lol i hope u werent offended by my comment. i wasnt actually trying to argue or anything, i just had a random and witty moment there and commented :p apparently it didnt work out lol.

Yeah Tennis, we were talking the art. We were talking about how certain feature shouldn't be used to connect certain thing with others. Take Marril and Pikachu for example; Seriously who started that Pikablu crap anyway? Anyway, I'll let the whole matter go as I'm not going to change anyone mind about how it looks, but I still think that less-than-desirable understanding paragraph sounded kinda smugged and rude there.

Oh, that was just there because I think you're not from an English-speaking country or something like that because of the way you sound (specifically, your parallelism).
And so maybe you don't have the grasp that I do on English (being from an English-speaking country), and therefore not getting what you should out of what I was saying.
But I'll admit I was irritated because you called me narrow minded. xp
Either way, Regi's design is awesome. ^_^

I have ADHD, so I'm impulsive, tend to not pay attenion to the big picture, and seriously can't sit still. I would prove it to you, but then I would have to show you things I should show total strangers lol. I do have a good grasp on english, just have a hard time expressing it =/

On-Topic: Kopie's drawing make me wondered if it got three wings or four. I wish he drew some pictures of it in different poses to see if he does have a wing directly on his back. Also, Rock Unicorn needs slighlty more sturdier legs. Seriously...it looks like it's about to break apart under it's weight. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)