CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 1 (Concept Poll 1)

What should our concept be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Please vote for two concepts, and two concepts only.

Welcome to CaP5! This is the part you've all been waiting for (and hounding me about on the server. Seriously, patience?). Anyways, as your new TL, we need to get this project started. The first poll is the concept poll. I have picked the 10 most viable concepts out of the many legal concepts. It was really hard to narrow it down, because there were so many great concepts.

Without further ado, here are the concepts you will be voting on. (Note: These are in the order they were posted.)

Revenge Killer-
Click here to see the full post.

Sikh Assassin said:
Name: Revenge Killer
Description: A pokemon able to revenge kill a multitude of Pokemon by either a specific move, ability, typing, or stat. It should be able to kill most Pokemon with ease, but something would limit from being broken, like Garchomp or Deoxys-S.
Status Absorber/Counter- Click here to see the full post.

Gothic Togekiss said:

Name
: Status Counter/Absorber (Depends on how you look at it)
Description: A Pokemon who's main duty within a team is to protect it's teammates from dangerous status inflictions by absorbing and/or blocking them. This should be all done while still considered valuable and not dead weight. It doesn't have to block every single status infliction known to man, but I would say the ability to block/absorb 2-3 major status inflictions would be good.
Break the Mold- Click here to see the full post.

latinoheat said:
Name: Break the Mold

Description:
An OU viable pokemon that goes completely against the stereotypes of its typing.
Priority Pokemon- Click here to see the full post.

Magmortified said:
Name: Priority Pokemon
Concept: A Pokemon centered around the use of priority moves - possibly both negative and positive priority.
Atomic Bomb- Click here to see the full post.

Fishin said:

Concept
: Atomic Bomb
Description: All the Pokemon in OU today are wimps. We don't have one Pokemon that's powerful and variable enough to strike fear into absolutely everything else that can dream into switching into it; the OU Deoxys-A, so to speak.
The Definite Hazer- Click here to see the full post.

Drillist said:
Concept: The Definate Hazer
Description: A Pokemon that can and will use Haze, and use it well.
Behold, the Power of Aura!-Click here for the full post.

TAY said:
Name: Behold, the Power of Aura!
Description: This is a pokemon which specializes in reducing its own HP and gaining benefits from doing so.

Kamikaze-
Click here for the full post.

Sunday said:
Name: Kamikaze
Description: This Pokemon's sole aim is to faint the opponents Pokemon, whatever the cost to itself or its teamates. There are many moves with negative side-effects this Pokemon could potentially employ, such as recoil moves, -2 SAtk moves, curse (if Ghost) or the good old Ka-Boom.
BNFFOKAN- Click here for the full post.

Tsukikage said:
Concept: Brand-name foam football, otherwise known as Nerf
Descritption: A Pokemon with uber or near uber stats that is hindered so much by its typing, movepool, and/or ability that it is OU
Controller of Hax- Click here for the full post.

UberMunch said:
Name: Controller of Hax
Description: A Pokemon that is able to either counter (stop or ignore) secondary attack effects, or use them to its advantage. It should be able to make use of moves with desirable (or undesirable for the ignoring version) secondary effects.
Please vote for two concepts, and two concepts only.

Have fun!

Just so everyone knows, the cut-off will be 20% of the vote.

status counter/absorber- there arn't very many of these that dont rely on rest and i've always wanted a ou statuser/absorber
break the mold-explained above

wasn't there when i posted

first yay
we already have a priority mon
(hitmontop,luke ect).

Priority poke and status counter.

Those seemed the most viable to work in OU, and are generally different from current OU pokemon.

Lol, I voted for revenge killer cause I want something like that that isn't broken, also I voted for priority poekmon because it can acomplish a similar task also it looks fun.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Vote for 2 options max. If you don't, your vote will not be counted. PM Doug or X-Act to change it if you messed up.

Since some people have already voted for more than two choices, I suggest that either:

a)The TL not count the votes at all

or

b)They do what Flounder did and specify which ones they were talking about. The others they voted for won't count.

But it's up to tennis. Just a suggestion. EDIT- But what you wrote works too.

tennisace

If anyone wishes to see my vote, look at the poll. I don't want to announce it and possibly influence the vote.

I voted for nerf and revenge killer.

I like nerf because I think it would make the project very interesting and it's something that we could not have created prior to the advent of the concept poll.

Revenge killer is nice because it's becoming harder and harder to counter every threat in the megtagame (especially since we keep adding more with this little project) and I think we need a great revenge killer to make it easier for defensive teams to survive.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Obviously I voted for my own...but why isn't Gothic Togekiss' concept getting more love? I thought it was the best (after mine heh).

Not to be rude (mag is a cool guy) but we already have a couple prioritymons in Hitmontop and Lucario.... Top even uses the negative priority moves revenge and payback, and has an ability to abuse priority. I don't really see how mag's concept could really wind up being different from a hitmontop with different typing and stats, unless we give it like Trick Room or something (and we already have Fidgit for that).

Hmm, so many good ideas to pick from and a cleaner concept discussion topic. Nice job guys.

I don't really need to justify my poll choices since it's mostly according to my personal taste however I'd like to point out a few things that put me off certain concepts. The status counter in itself is a good idea however we inadvertently made Fidgit a Pokemon able to fulfill that role by being immune to poison, sleep and electric paralysis. There are many other ways we could take the concept including guts and such but I personally would like to hold that idea off for a while. The hazer idea, as much as I loathe to say it, seems a bit redundant to me, any Pokemon capable of using haze will in most part be able to use whirlwind/roar to greater effect thanks to the ever present stealth rock/spikes and the chance to uncover the opponent's unknown Pokemon.

My opinion, take it or leave it.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voted latino and Sikh.

Latino does not define much at all, that is what I like about it. It leaves almost all options open.

Sikh's would be fun to play around with, but has little chance right now..

I am hoping for Latino then Electric/Something cool to win, A Volt Tackle Sweeper would be awesome....

I know, I know I'm getting a bit ahead...

Edit:
mm... Right now Latino has a clear, but not massive, lead and TAY/Mag are fighting for second.
No one else is close.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Behold, the Power of Aura- Seems like a really fun (and useful) pokemon
Priority Pokemon - I like priority moves.

I voted Break the Mold and Controller of Hax.

The idea of breaking the typing stereotype is the most appealing to me. A steel type with excelling speed or a REAL defensive dragon is something I'd want to see.

Secondary effects can be game breaking, a pokemon that can take advantage of them instead of getting raped sounds good too.

C'mon, how could you guys not want a Gatling Gun Pokemon with Bullet Seed in all four move slots? D:

Anyways, I voted Revenge Killer and Priority Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)