CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I left out a couple of concepts that were more redundant or out-there. If you want more details on why it didn't make it in, feel free to PM me on it. Otherwise, I was pretty lenient.

This is a BOLD VOTE poll. Vote for one concept only. Please bold the name of the concept and the user who submitted it.

Example of a vote:
darkie's Anti-tennisace
Discussion on concepts is allowed.

Concept: Variety
Description: This Pokemon, when bought to the field leaves the opponent thinking 'What set is it running?"

Well, in the concept, you have a Pokemon that has lot of sets and when the opponent sees it wondering if it is choiced, status absorber, tricker or a tank (just examples). So this Pokemon has a lot of variety and can fit into a lot of different roles in a team
Concept: The Anti-CAP CAP.
Desciption: A pokemon whose primary purpose is to score Super-effective hits against most of the current CAP pokemon, while also addressing current metagame threats.

While this does bias certain types more than others, it provides for a new way to mix up the metagame with something that moves it away from Togekiss, Zapdos, and Jirachi. The ability could go in multiple directions depending on what we want it to stop.
Concept: Trickier-than-trick
Description: A Pokemon that, through ability or some other factor, doesn't mind being hit with the move Trick, allowing it to safely come in predicted uses of it, while still being viable in the current meta-game.

Trick has gotten very common in the meta-game and it can really wreck a Pokemon. However, there's nothing in standard right now that's really immune to the potential effects of Trick. Thus, this Pokemon.

The obvious way of doing this would be to give it the ability Sticky Hold, of course. However, there are other options, such as making it totally immune to the effects of any choice item, or allowing it to switch moves when holding a choice item but at the cost of it getting treated like a Life Orb, with a 1.3x boost in that stat and taking 10% damage with each attack. Then there are the options such as allowing it to run all choice sets viably and not being hindered by any Choice item as a result. There could also potentially other ways of doing it, such as an ability that would force the Trick to fail and for the user to be forced to drop the item that was attempted to be Tricked, but I think that's good for this part of the process.
Concept: The Unbeatable Snowman
Description: A above average sweeper that becomes beastly in hail.

Basically, Hail teams pretty much suck. I recently attempted a hail team, and it seemed as if everyone aside from Mamo was in UU. For an OU stall team this is unacceptable. This Warrior of Hail might not even be Ice type, to avoid the common weaknesses of Fire, Fighting, Rock and Steel. It would just have to be immune to hail.
Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.

Scouting is an increasingly important role in the Platinum metagame. Moves like U-Turn, Substitute and Protect are highly valued for their ability to give us such vital information as what kind of responses do your opponents have to your sweepers, what hidden moves do they have, and so forth. Getting this information early on allows you to prepare yourself for any threats your opponent has waiting in the wings and come up with a game plan. This Pokemon would probably need resistances to common attacking types, particularly ones backed up by Choice items, as those allow for the best opportunity to U-Turn and reveal a counter. It wouldn't have to have amazing offenses, but enough to scare the opponent into making some revealing switches.
Concept: Immunity
Description: A Pokemon that, while not necessarily bulky, utilizes a vast array of immunities to wall many Pokemon

One of the funnest parts of Pokemon (in my opinion) is trying to outpredict your opponent. Many powerful moves can rack in a high reward, but through prediction one can neutralize their effect. An immunity is obviously the best way to switch in, taking no damage except for from entry hazards. Especially if you can bring it in on a Choice move, you can really take the upper hand for a turn. A Pokemon with many immunities would have many opportunities to do this.
Concept:The Monkeywrench Arsenal
Description: A pokemon with a large,diverse movepool specializing in disruption.

In pokemon, there are a lot of speciality moves that are designed to gunk up opposing pokemon strategies, such as snatch, worry seed, heal block ect., but are rarely used as players opt for safer options. I would like to see an offensive pokemon that specializes in these types of moves. The concept could also be expanded to underused speciality attacks as well, such as multi hit attacks or trapping attacks, but it doesn't have to.
Concept: Easy Switch-in
Description: A pokemon that can switch in on various threats without minding, and retaliating in some way.

Similar to how Magnezone switches into Skarmory without any threats, this pokemon would be able to switch in on numerous attacks, and be able to either ensure a kill just like a revenge killer, or be able to get a free turn to support the team, whether it be entry hazards or status. This pokemon should be able to take hits on the switch in, and give back to the opposing team in any way possible.
Concept: Blank Slate
Description: A pokemon that can be good at anything, while not exceptional, it can still fill any role in any team.

This poke would be very hard to predict, by design, and hopefully would be versatile enough to take care of 3-5 top threats depending on the stats and movepool. Don't misunderstand, however, I wouldn't dare suggest a poke that does everything at one time, but rather a poke that can do any one thing per build, be it being a sponge or being a sweeper, but not both at the same time, obviously.
Concept: Partner in Crime
Description: This Pokemon pairs up well with another, preexisting Pokemon. Similar, in base, to other Pokemon-pairings like "Celetran" or "Gyaravire." This Pokemon can work together to better accomplish one, or even both Pokemons' goals in the pairing.

I think it would be a good learning experience to see how a Pokemon we specifically built to be used with another Pokemon would work in regards to the partnered Pokemon, its effect on the metagame, and how a Pokemon works when it's got something else that can help cover it. We could discuss which Pokemon that this concept would be paired with in Concept Assessment, if it gets that far.
Concept: The Anti Stall
Description: A pokemon through use of movepool, stats, or ability hampers or in some way deters the opponent from using stalling techniques.

Ok, so I thought about it long and hard, and I think this is definitely the concept I want to submit.

Let's think about where exactly we could go with this.
  • We could go scrappy rapid spinner because god knows stall would hate that shit.
  • We could go obscene base stats and grind stall into the dust through sheer power with a choice band and one side of the spectrum
  • We could go mixed attacking.
  • We can go Taunt + Boosting moves
  • We could go "ultimate tricker"
There are tons of ways to accomplish this. And if anyone has played the game atm, the game seems pretty polarized between extreme stall and extreme offense, and in my opinion, stall is winning.

This pokemon doesn't have to, and isn't meant to be the end all be all anti-stall Pokemon. But it should have an answer to some stall threats, and be able to beat them.
concept:speed is not a factor
description:a pokemon whose moveset allows it to move around the field, where ever it may benefit.

the current movelist that exist allows for a poke to learn a variety of moves with both negative and positive priority. the ability to choose when one will act has a huge impact on how one can control the match.
truth is that, speed WILL be a factor though. otherwise you will have problems with other priority users. also, we have to remember that it won't have just priority affecting moves.
Concept:Strange Attacker
Description:A pokemon that can sweep rather well despite being limited to rarely used attacking types (for example: dragon, normal, poison).

One of the most interesting things I've noticed about the CAP metagame is that several normally infeasable attacking types (flying, psychic, steel) are much more commonly used in order to take out certain CAP-specific threats. Because of this, one has to build their team differently based on the new attacking types being thrown around.

Basically, I want this CAP to make rare attacking types more common by using them in its sweep, further differentiating CAP's metagame from standard's.
Concept: Better Baton Passer
Description: A pokemon that can participate in Baton Pass chains very well.

Stall teams are big right now, and most wall breakers seem to either end up being wall-able or broken. Faster taunt would really make for more of a lead than a wall-stopper, and a great trick user would only serve to further strengthen trick (possibly break it).

Instead, I propose that we use a different way to stop this. A great Baton Passer who can just start a chain instead of trying to break them. Maybe it could finally make BP Chains a good strategy in standard.
Concept: Uncommon Move User
Description: Like it says up there, there are a lot of moves that aren't used in the metagame.

I suggest that CAP7 can utilize uncommon moves very effectively. For example, maybe CAP7's Attract has a higher chance of infatuation? Also, this "Uncommon Move User" could also only be stopped by other uncommon moves like Haze or Fury Swipes. I think that it would maybe bring less prediction into the metagame with it.
Concept: Inaccuracy Abuser
Description: This Pokemon's offensive stat may not be SUPER, but it is definitely decent and it is able to utilize extremely strong but inaccurate moves very well, and has a great variety of them to choose from; can be unpredictive...
Name: Don't Switch, Bitch

Description:
This pokemon could punish switching in some way, possibly through an ability or move. The best part is that with a pokemon that is designed for forcing switches, it could have any sort of stats, so it would not have to join the multitude of defensive CAP pokemon.
Concept: As Ackbar said "IT'S A TRAP"
Description: Pokemon that can effectively use both trapping moves like block/mean look ect. and psudo trapping moves like wrap and co while still being viable in a standard OU metagame.

the only two pokemon that currently exist that can acually pull of this are umbreon who has decent defense and mean look passing but is slow has hell and weak to common attacks and smeargle who is just fast enough to pull of a simliar set but has wet paper bag defenses.

Both of these pokemon can't really harm anything on their own too

This pokemon is both able to use trapping moves and acually pose a threat outside of them if needed.
Concept: Parasite
Description: An OU viable pokemon who drains HP to win the battle and copy stats.

I want to see a Giga Drain or Drain Punch users, with Technician to make it viable. With Psych Up to equals the foe. Maybe a bulky and slow pokemon who can resist the foe's attacks. Maybe with a lot of resistances.
Name: Anti-(P)hazer / Scouter
Description: A Pokemon that prevents the opponent from scouting, or costs the Earth if does so, effectively making his/her part more complex than wanted

Basically I would like to see punishes to people who scout a lot before doing their offenses (that is sometimes me btw).

EDIT: A CaP that is built around this concept would really be a team player that does not force your team to do something, or messing up your setups.

EDIT2: I bet that all of you hated phazers, don't you? It really seems to be tricky when you are in a situation where "Should I switch into a counter of that tank possibly thrown by a Roar or Wind, or Stay in and predict?". Often people are lacking ways of countering (P)haze. Should we CaP based around here? Ideally my concept would make CaP 7 a wall breaker and checkmate combined, while not necessary a sweeper.
Name: Ultimate Weather Starter
Description: This pokemon will be able to start any type of weather, be it through ability or manually and the weather effects will last longer than normal when started by this pokemon.

I've basically been thinking of two different ways for this, either one (or two) pokemon with Drizzle and Drought, since Sandstorm and Hail can already be summoned in OU properly anyway, while rain and sun can't. Having one poke with both Drizzle and Drought might be a bit too much so it might have to be spread out over two CAP projects.
Option 2 I've been thinking about is better IMO and is basically an enhanced Castform. It will have a new ability that will let all weather effects last longer than usual when started by that pokemon and ideally, I would also like to see the ability to change type according to the weathertype be incorporated into that same ability. This pokemon can then carry any of the 4 weather moves and use them well. This pokemon should be fairly bulky to be able to start weather more often.
Name: Achille's Heel
Description: Something that, at a glance, looks ZOMG OOBER, but when you actually use it there is something hindering it, be it ability (Regigigigigigigas, Slaking), Speed (Rampardos), Defences (Rampardos, again) or sorely limited movepool.

I think that trying to do this in such a way that we don't actually create a beast, but don't hinder it so much that it is unusable will be a real test of our ability as a community. Obviously a vote would have to be taken to decide exactly how to muck it up.
Might as well throw my suggestion in, even though it probably won't get chosen.

Name: Critical Hit Abuser
Description: A Pokemon that scores Critical Hits much more frequently than normal.

This could be used, for example, to nullify the opponent's efforts to increase Def and/or SpD, and nullify the opponent's Reflect/Light Screen, among other things. And it can be used to counter stall teams; critical hits are always a stall team's enemy.
Name – Agility Asskicker
Description – A powerful statup sweeper who does not earn Swors Dance, Dragon Dance, or Nasty Plot, but rather focuses on using Agility or Rock Polish.

Explanation

Between Garchomp with Swords Dance, and Gyarados, Salamence, and Tyranitar with Dragon Dance, almost every special sweeper having Nasty Plot, Syclant, and Flygon being inviable because it doesn't have Dragon Dance, I think it's about time we have a sweeper who can sweep with the best of them, (Metagross is kind of there, but it's not really his primary set,) but uses Agility or Rock Polish rather than the other three as his statup move of choice.
Name - Bait And Stitch
Concept - A pokemon whose primary job is to heal its team while drawing attack towards itself
Name: Simply Perfect
Description: A Pokemon that can effectively abuse various stat up moves to boost its offensive stats and tear through stall.

Stall is ridiculous right now in CaP so a sweeper that can abude various stat up moves would be perfect. I have an ability in mind but we wont discuss this at the moment.
Name: Ladies first
Description: A pokemon that is good at utilizing moves that require the opponent to hit first, or benefits in being slower than the opponent

This pokemon would be ideal for using the moves counter, mirror coat, and metal burst, though it could also apply to other things. This could be a pokemon that is good at setting up and soft passing/u-turning to safely get in other pokemon, or it could deal out heavy damage with payback/avalanche/etc. It could also simply be a big TR threat. Simply put, the slower the better.
Name: The Greatest Wall.
Description: A pokemon that is designed to utterly ruin and disrupt physical sweepers and to spread chaos among them.

As it is, the CAP metagame is rather eschewed towards physical pokemon, such as Revenankh, physically-based Syclant and the new Arghonaut, as well as other famous physical sweepers like Salamence and Tyranitar and Scizor, who pretty much dominate the metagame. This pokemon is pretty much one designed to sponge up physical hits like a pig, and to dish out statuses or stat reducing moves like Charm or Will-o-wisp to severely hamper these physical monsters, while having the offensive ability to competently do something to these pokemon that will slowly kill them off. What this isn't is a physical Blissey, as Blissey may be the greatest special wall, it lacks the ability to deal adequate damage and relies on stall to defeat the foes, with Seismic Toss doing steady damage. This pokemon should naturally possess a varied support movepool.

Well, here's hoping.
Name: Dragon's Bane
Description: A pokemon built with emphasis on countering, not only Dragons themselves, but also the hideously overpowered Dragon moves that make them so deadly (you know the ones...).

The plethora of moves available to Dragons to stop Steel-types from ruining their fun has led many to believe that this is an impossible endeavour without the hypothetical counter having ridiculous base stats, so I'd be interested to see how the community approaches this sort of project.
Name: Global warming
Description: A pokemon that increases the usage of fire pokemon

The fire type always seems to get dumped on. Except for infernape (rare in CAP), heatran and pyroak (now declining thanks to Arghonaut), I see almost no fire types getting used. This pokemon would change that, be through sunny day/reflect/light screen support, or taking out the common fire counters, or being a check for bulky waters, etc. Note that it doesn't need to be a fire type itself. I think this would really test the CAP community's ability to create a pokemon that would benifit an entire type.
Name: Statinator
Description: A pokemon that uses the rarely seen stat dropping strategy to force switches or just plain weaken the foe.

Lets face it, in today's metagame, does any Pokemon really use this strategy, well, aside from Intimidate Pokemon? This Pokemon could offer a new strategy and fits CaP's mindset (experimenting). It'd be very interesting to see the process go along as this could end up being very good but since its relatively alien grounds we would constantly be thinking " Is it really gonna work out?"
Ahhh...I love the smell o' CaP in the afternoon!

Clean-Up Kid

A Pokemon that is able to easily pick off weakened opponents but has difficulty making a full sweep on its own.

I'm seeing something with a decent defensive but poor offensive typing with low-power STAB moves, like Normal/Ghost. With Technician it could abuse Shadow Sneak/Quick Attack/Pursuit to play mind games with a weakened foe and fulfill its role rather nicely. I think any boosting moves would make it too easy to make a full sweep, which could also add to an increase in the usage of Choice Items.
Concept: Only weak to the weak.
Description: A pokemon that is top OU and is only weak to uncommon types/moves/pokemon.

My thought of this is to make uncommon attacking types (ex. poison or normal) much more needed because of a new big threat. This could change the metagame in a way that it will need to be more diverse because of the need to have more different attacking types on your team.
It could be similar to most of the "pusedo-legends" that it could have a 4x weakness to something and by that be balanced out from good movepool and stats.
Well, Im going to enter something similar to my original, but with enough distinct differences to not be similar to anyone elses, which I believe is acceptable.

Name: Mixed Stall Machine
Description: A mixed wall that stops some of the most common special and physical threats in the metagame through stall tactics like energy draining and recovery moves, as well as having good usage of status moves.

I hope that is acceptable.
Concept: Feeling Lucky, Punk?
Description: A Pokemon that completely relies on "hax" to make any sort of impact on a match. While it isn't completely useless without it, it only really shines when it's inflicting bad luck onto your opponent.

This Pokemon doesn't necessarily have to have Serene Grace/Super Luck, or be typed Dark/Psychic (to get STAB on "critical hax" moves). BST-wise, it could go a number of ways.
Concept: Didja see that attack coming?
Description: a sweeper that uses a bunch of different types of attacking moves but has trouble using support moves.

so what im saying is, using a pokemon that uses attack moves of all sorts of types, so your opponent will never know if you're going physical, special, and what types of moves you're using. i know this is a lot like lucario, but i was thinking it to be more extreme?(didn't know which word to use) also, this pokemon rarely uses support/stat boosting moves, either because of a limited movepool or an ability/stat that makes stat boosting/supporting hard.
a few examples:
pure water type using leaf storm, fire blast, ice punch, and dragon claw
pure grass using thunderbolt, flamethrower, blizzard, and ice beam.
Name: Sweeper On a Timer
Description: An effective, offensive Pokemon that has a limited number of turns in which to do its job.

Sort of a reverse Regigigas. Anyone who's used a Trick Room team will know the high stakes feeling of managing a powerful sweeper under the pressure of a time limit. A built in half-life could be implanted many ways (Toxic Orb abuse, dependence on recoil moves, insurmountable sr weakness...) and the resulting Pokemon would no doubt invite a sense of urgency onto both players as they wrestle to control the pace of the battle.
Concept: A bulky water counter
Description: Bulky waters dominate the metagame, as grassers cannot safely switch in becaus every water packs ice beam (And most of them suck) , and thunderbolts are dodged easily by ground types. This concept would be a good check against those bulky waters so that it could switch into them and immediately pose a threat
God knows who will listen to me, but here goes nothing...

Concept: The Metagame's Late-Stage Mutitool
Description: A Pokemon who can prefom multiple tasks that are useful in the late stage of the metagame.

There are many pokemon that can prefom many roles in the current matagame with one set. But most of these multi-tasks niches are only preformed usefully in the early to mid-game stages. Take Ttar for example. It can be a great lead with a choice band or be a bulkier user of stealth rock. And it can do both simotanisouly well if that is what the team needs. So I am sugesting a pokemon that can possibly sweep multiple pokemon with weakended health while still filling nices such as using support move that are best used in the late-stage of a battle. Aromatherapy is a good example, because many pokemon that can use it are used to fill other roles (thinks of Blissey and Pyroak).
Concept: Astounding Ability
Description: Similar to Pokemon like Kingdra, Jirachi, and Celebi, this Pokemon is balanced all around and can function as a good sweeper or wall. However, this Pokemon really shines do to it's "amazing" Ability, such as Wonder Guard, Magic Guard, or Serene Grace.

Hopefully this is alright, I talked to Darkie about mentioning some example Abilities. What I was aiming for is a Pokemon that can use some one of the really rare, great, abilities to its fullest extent ^_^
Concept: Rapid Spinner
Description: Entry hazards and stall are everywhere in CAP and there are few viable spinners and even fewer which can effectively slot into a team and consistently fulfil the role. Starmie can do it but is weak to Ghost and Pursuit whilst Fidgit has far too many things to do ahead of Rapid Spin and can't do jack to Rotom-A and needs a couple of moveslots to dislodge Revenakh. Forrestress has no hope of beating Ghosts.

I propose we make an "ultimate" rapid spinner, that would check stall, being able to Rapid Spin and be good enough at it that it carries it on a regular basis and can beat the most common Ghosts whilst maybe not the lesser common ones.
Name: Leave a Legacy

Description: A Pokemon that cannot be directly countered but forces the opponent to think around it because after it faints, there may be other consequences.

Explanation: By means of abilities such as Unburden, Aftermath, or possibly a custom ability, moves such as Memento, Lunar Dance, Explosion, Selfdestruct, Healing Wish, a custom move, or a combination of such. This is NOT meant to be a good suicide lead, but do a very similar thing midgame or lategame. For example, if the Pokemon has Aftermath as an ability and his lategame sweeper is on a roll, you might be able to use Memento, lowering both attack stats AND leaving him with 25% less HP. This way, it gives you another chance to end his sweep. The opponent would not be able to outright go and attack the Pokemon because these consequences of, requiring more thinking on his part, but in order to use this, you must know what you're doing.

This is also a good way to learn about how underused abilities and moves such as those can affect the metagame. All of the CAP Pokemon that we've created so far have SOME type of longevity, but this would allow us to test how a quick come-in-do-something-and-die Pokemon would work.
I suppose I'll try a submission, too.

Name: Turning the tables

Description: A Pokemon that specializes in using the opponent's strengths to its own advantage.

There are a lot of things in the game that can punish what would normally be good for an opponent. Leech Seed takes advantage of high HP stats. Gyro Ball and Trick Room punish high speed. Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst, and Bide use your opponent's damage-dealing ability against them. Trace can take any ability and use it against the opponent, and there are many other examples. This pokemon should be able to take advantage of those sorts of things to turn the opponent's greatest strength into its downfall.
Name: BACKFIRE POKEMON

Description:
If you aren't careful and end up playing him wrong or something it can backfire and be more of a burden to your own team than a threat to your opponent's. I know a lot of pokemon already work like that, but take this pokemon to the EXTREME

Explanation: yeah yeah it looks like a gimmick but it isnt! its a high risk high reward pokemon good for this metagame because it promotes actual thinking! you can't be liberal when choosing when to send out this pokemon like how you can spam scizor or heatran throughout the game with no consequence! with the BACKFIRE POKEMON you have to plan out a route of attack...or else!
Concept: Combo Breaker
Description: Either by typing or ability or both (most likely both,) this Pokemon can resist several common combinations of types that are often used, and instead will leave you looking for less common types such as poison to hit to best effect.

By good combos, I mean like Ice/Electric attacks or Ground/Rock, Ghost/Fight or any others at the same time.
Name: Nothing but status.
Description: A bulky Pokemon that focuses on just messing with your opponent's status.

Explanation: OK this will be a Pokemon that just focuses on inflicting status to your opponent by means that paralyzes, poisons, burns, and sleep. This Pokemon will be able to take hits while inducing the foe's status with paralyzation, poisoning, burning and making them fall asleep.

EDIT: This pokemon will still be able to give reasonable hits to foe.
Concept: Suicide Hotline
Description:
Something that could easily handle suicide lead strategies like those of Azelf, Aero and anything else that likes to run @focus sash with taunt, SR, filler. To accomplish this, we could give it an ability, typing, or movepool that would shut down or mitigate these leads' attempts to taunt, set up entry hazards, or explode, thereby making the whole suicide strategy less appealing.

Ideally, CAP7 would be specialized to handling suicide leads, so that other lead strategies could once again flourish.
Concept: The Great Tank of China
Description: A tank designed to take hits, and dish a lot of them out as well

This Pokemon is the one me and tennisace are basically dying for. AKA Electric/Dragon tank, attacking and walling (most likely specially biased). It would be like Rhyperior in a sense, except it would be aimed for at the special side of the spectrum. The movepool would be able to hit hard, and could probably assist the team with moves such as Spikes / Stealth Rock, as well as status moves such as T-Wave which is a given.

It would be able to counter Heatran (if we add an ability or something, such as Levitate) and it already completely owns Zapdos for the most part (HP Ice may be the only problem). We can make it this fully adapted to the OU environment countering many threats. We can also make it so that it is more like Rhyperior ability-wise being able to actually counter a lot of threats. The typing is really subjective but Electric / Dragon is currently what I am hoping for. The main idea though is a tank, likely special biased so it isn't a mini-Rhyperior.
Name: April fools
Description: A pokemon, who through use of a variety of possibilities, and possibly a wide move set, can have a use other than what the first impression is.
An example: so it first comes out Tadaa! The mystery Pokemon whats it gonna do? It uses lets say a stat boosting move like agility, however the pokemon already outspeeds your 110 base speed Pokemon. It's probably a baton passer then so opt for a stat boost or or spikes ect. Then blam! a super effective move to the face.
Serious Wrecking Ball

Description: A PKMN that can either shut down or defeat key walls, and thus allow a sweep delivered by itself or another team member.
Concept: Low BST
Description: A pokemon with a low BST that can still rape thanks to his typing, movepool, or ability.

Maybe that's too specific, but maybe an easy-to-use Shedinja or not-as-broken Wobbuffet is what I'm trying to get at: something that doesn't need the sky-high stats to be good. I think this would be a unique idea for a CaP, imo, considering all the others have ~500 or something
Concept: Ultimate status absorber

Description: A pokemon which, through use of its typing, ability, or role, can take most status attacks, and reliably protect the rest of the team from status attacks.

Explanation: Status attacks, in particular Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave, are the bane of offensive teams. This pokemon should hopefully be able to fit into an offensive team quite easily, and afford it reliable protection against these common crippling statuses. It shouldn't have too difficult a time switching into common statusers such as Celebi and Rotom, and should be able to force them out / not make them status again, giving your offensive team more free switches. Although I'm not much of an active battler on CAP, I do like to spectate quite a bit, and this should hopefully encourage the use of more offensive teams on the server.

I personally like Beej's Scout idea, as it would be awesome to have a Pokemon like this, being able to identify your opponent's team, and react accordingly.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm not really sure about why people are supporting "The Great Tank." Didn't we just make a tank? Aren't half of our created Pokemon acknowledged tanks?

Magmortified's Partner In Crime

I feel like this could be an excellent oppurtunity to learn about the metagame (both what helps make a combo tick, and what having a partner does for/to the other Pokemon), through making a Pokemon that is built to work with another Pokemon.

Close runner-ups were Beej's Ultimate-Scout and maybe LonelyNess' Anti-Stall, if we can restrain ourselves from going overboard.

1059860's Inaccuracy Abuser

Moves such as Zap Cannon, Sing, DynamicPunch (except Machamp), Dragon Rush and a few other great moves are wonderful if the accuracies could be boosted. I feel like something should be able to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)