CAP 9 CAP 9 - Part 16 - Sprite Poll 2

Which sprites should be CAP 9's sprites?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

A whale, god damn!

moi said:
Name: Stop the Secondary
Description: A Pokémon that through means of ability, moves, and typing, can stop a variety of the non damaging affect of moves and moves of non damaging origin.

Justification: While the immediate threat of damaging moves is large and present, the affect of moves such as status, Trick, Leech Seed, Taunt, Stealth Rock, Spikes have arguably had a greater affect to the metagame than anything has ever had, something that this would greatly look in to.

Questions to be Answered:
~ How easily would a Pokémon with such large of a niche be able to fit into a competitive team?
~ How large of an impact would the reducation of non damaging affects and moves have on the metagame?
- What, if any, would happen to the types of teams being used?
- How would this affect the usage of these types of moves?
~ How much of an affect does typing have on the ability for ANY Pokémon to perform this duty?
Typing: Dark/Ground
Ability: Auto-Magic Coat
Ability: Guts
Stat Spread: 133/122/72/71/72/95
Name: Colossoil
Movepool:
---Horn Attack
---Leer
---Peck
6 Slam
11 Bite
17 Rapid Spin
22 Magic Coat
29 Pursuit
35 Drill Peck
42 Magnitude
48 Stockpile
48 Swallow
48 Spit Up
48 Moonlight
55 Crunch
63 Megahorn

TMs/HMs
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Iron Tail
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM49 - Snatch
TM54 - False Swipe
TM55 - Brine
TM58 - Endure
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM03 - Strength
HM05 - Whirlpool
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Egg Group: Ground / Water 2

Ice Shard (Dewgong, Mamoswine, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Rock Blast (Rhyperior, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Sucker Punch (Nidoking, Houndoom, Mightyena, Slaking, Sharpedo, Kecleon, Absol, Raticate, Dugtrio, Shiftry, Skuntank, Purugly, Smeargle)
Fissure (Donphan, Mamoswine, Wailord, Camerupt, Torkoal, Sandslash, Donphan, Rhyperior, Dugtrio, Smeargle)
Selfdestruct (Shiftry, Wailord, Camerupt, Cloyster, Smeargle)
Fake Out (Raichu, Persian, Ambipom, Smeargle, Shiftry, Infernape, Lopunny, Purugly, Weavile)
Muddy Water (Relicanth, Smeargle, Quagsire)
Future Sight (Whiscash, Smeargle, Grumpig, Espeon, Golduck)
Screech (Ambipom, Cloyster, Dugtrio, Persian, Smeargle)

Move Tutor

Knock Off
Aqua Tail
Ancientpower
Earth Power
Rollout
Superpower
Mean Look
Zen Headbutt
Heal Bell
Encore
Flail
Dive
Perish Song

Vote for the set of sprites you like the best. And remember...

• We will not allow posts in this topic such as "I voted Sprite." Put some substance into your post. This means that you need to back up your post with reasoning or you will be infracted.

aragornbird said:
KoA said:
Cartoons! said:

Cartoons! has made another outstanding effort, and if he wins it will be well deserved. Congratulations to KoA who made me stop scrolling the sprite thread and watch that animation for a few minutes, and aragornbird for producing another godly sprite.

I'm voting for aragornbird. This was a really tough decision, but Cartoons!'s sprite looks glum to me, rather than challenging, and KoA's seems more like an eel than a whale. Aragornbird's sums up Collosoil perfectly, as well as having the best shiny IMO.

Once again, Cartoons! gets my vote, once again for looks like what I imagined it to be like, itimidating adn looking like he's going to kill you, and looking like it could belong ingame. ab had my favorite backsprite, though.

Going with Aragornbird though it looks like Cartoons will win. Cartoons is still very good, I just don't like how fat it looks. I don't really like KoAs. Looks too much like some sort of eel or snake.

I loved KoA's animation, it was very professional and it went a long way to explain why the sprite looks like it does. Aragorn's back sprite is fierce, and even the small details like squiggly females and spiked males are excellent. However, I had to go with Cartoons. I love the smug look, I love the bulk, and I absolutely love the black horns. Regardless of who wins, all the spriters really tuned it up a notch for CAP9. Good work everyone!

I voted for aragornbird because, while I love all of them, Cartoons! just looks sleepy, and KoA's is a little slim. Aragornbird's just looks evil, reflecting the primary typing - Dark.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Well hey, this is the best I've done in a CaP sprite poll in quite a few CaPs!!!

Even if I don't end up winning, I'm just glad to know I didn't lose my spriting touch, eh?

Not voting at this stage of voting, so whoever wins, I'm happy with the result. :)

I didn't think people hated my sprite's trim-ness that much. :(

I liked aragornbird's overall because it looks really good and accurate,
however i do like Fat KoA's frontal sprite but the back sprite seems to show to much, i don't usually see evolved pokémon sprites showing so much IMO. Not only that it's pretty thin for such as a whale based pokémon.

When first laying eyes upon Cartoons! sprite at the beginning of the Sprite Thread I was convinced instantly that his would be the one to win, but now looking at it amongst the top 3 I have to say, it looks like an old Pokemon coming out of retirement.

I've chosen Aragornbird's for its active look, fierceness in the eyes and stance, its back sprite looks like it would fit in perfectly within a Pokemon game and the subtle details in the M/F sprites showed creativity.
I agree with you completely

I didn't think people hated my sprite's trim-ness that much. :(

It isn't really THAT thin. I let's the back-sprite have more details in it, and it really isn't going to look fat when it is jumping out of sand.

I like all three though. Nice job :naughty:

Went with KoA for the dynamic poses, but based on the poll result it seem that people are voting for the heaviest looking motherfucker around. Now voting for which looks like more bloated is a valid reason to vote because seriously...it's the bastard child of a Sperm Whale, Narhwal, and Diglett, it going to weight a few tons.

I like Aragorn's backsprite a lot, that's why i voted for him. Though Cartoon's was definitely good aswell, i was doubting between both. Koa's Backsprite is what i didn't like.

Decisions...

When first laying eyes upon Cartoons! sprite at the beginning of the Sprite Thread I was convinced instantly that his would be the one to win, but now looking at it amongst the top 3 I have to say, it looks like an old Pokemon coming out of retirement.

I've chosen Aragornbird's for its active look, fierceness in the eyes and stance, its back sprite looks like it would fit in perfectly within a Pokemon game and the subtle details in the M/F sprites showed creativity.

As I stated in the other topic, Cartoons!'s sprite showed the precise detailing of Collosoil as well perfectly rendering the facial expression. Therefore I voted for him. But, this is just my opinion.

Voted aragonbird. The same reason I voted for Wyverii last time - it doesn't look as mean as the other sprites, and in general, Pokemon aren't supposed to look like downright assholes. :p

Voted Cartoons! because I like how bulky it looks. I love the front sprite and it really gives the appearance of "you can't take me down."
I'm quite surprised Clawed Nyasu's sprites didn't move on. The front pose there was among the best. But from what remains, Cartoons!

Voted Aragornbird. I really like KoA's, as it emphasizes its fierceness and its speed, but it doesn't look as faithful to the original drawing as I would like. Cartoons!'s looks sleepy and too slow(after all, it does have base 95 speed...). Aragornbird's looks lively and fierce, and is the most faithful to the drawing. And you do get the idea that maybe it's faster than it looks.

Keeping my support for aragornbird. It matches the original art the best, as well as the stat spread by looking mobile yet bulky. Cartoons! would have been my choice, but it seems a bit too bulky for that speed stat, and also I don't like the backsprite that much. The purple/black coloring on aragornbird's shiny is awesome too. o:

Sticked with Cartoons! I love the small eyes and slight smile. It looks like a dark type to me, which the other lack. The horn looks well done as well. They make it up in other ways, KoA's great pose, and Aragornbird's awesome body shape and back sprites, but in the end, I voted for Cartoons!

If it's this close, will there be a third poll?

Went with aragornbirds cause caroons was too horny and sharp, and koas horn were too long. I like aragorns the second best, but since nyasus didn't make it, went with aragorns.

Cartoons. Its easy to make something look menacing but it take real skill to give it character and for me cartoons captures this perfectly.

77 vs 78... you reckon Arogornbird and Cartoons! are close enough?

I voted Cartoons!, although Aragornbird's is growing on me more...

KoA, I still think yours is too thin, but it's a good effort nonetheless; it's definitely worth the podium spot it's gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)