CAP Autumn Seasonals 2019 - Finals [Won by reachzero]

approved by Jho
OP Stolen from Drapionswing, which he stole from Take Azelfie

For the seasonals bracket to work, we're stuck revolving around the points system that defines Champion's Cup. For that to work, we need a bracket that falls into a system with a top 16 and so on. As such, we follow the tournament ruling from the smogon tournament rules to define the starting bracket, and from there whoever is excluded is put in a pool of subs.

First Come, First Serve

All tournaments that don't have a specifically approved sign up method will use First Come, First Serve for the first 62.5% of the players, and then the host must select the last 37.5% from the remainder at random.
I will be subbing aggressively in this tournament because of this; be active and get your games scheduled, and done. As for how subs work, each sub has a number and we'll be randomly picking a number whenever needed. [/quote]
Rules
  • All matches will be played with the CAP ruleset at the beginning of the round. E.G. Greninja may be banned two days after the round has started but Greninja will still be usable for the remainder of the round.
  • All matches will be a BO3 or Best of Three. You may switch teams in between games. You do not have to play all three matches if one person wins the first two though.
  • Replays must be saved and posted when claiming a victory / posting losses. No replay, no win, no exceptions. If participants fail to follow this rule, the match will go up on a coin flip.
  • Matches can be played on Pokemon Showdown OR Smogtours.
  • Activity calls will be dealt by on a case-by-case scenario, but generally just get your matches done. If it is impossible to due within the timeframe you may ask for an extension but please post it in the thread.
  • This tournament is Single Elimination. If you're out, you're out of this seasonal for good.
  • Schedule your matches. If one fails to communicate with another then the match will not be coin flipped and the user that tried to actively get the matches will get the win
Ranking System

There will be 4 tournaments, 1 for every season. Depending on where you place in each tournament you will be rewarded with points. At the end of all the seasonals the top 16 points will be invited to the Champions Cup.

This edition of the CAP Seasonal will be handling points differently. In the previous seasonal, you gained points for winning matches which allowed people in the earlier stages in the tournament to get points easier, especially due to activity calls. Now to make qualifying into the Challenge Cup harder and more prestigious, you will only be awarded points based on where you place in this tournament.

Placement Rewards:

1st Place: 25
2nd Place: 16
3rd/4th Place: 12
5th/8th Place: 7

Current Qualifiers:
1.) snake_rattler [32]
2.) xavgb [32]
3.) Dj Breloominati♬ [28]
4.) Rage.Spam.Quit. [25]
5.) Heaven Jay [24]
6.) Rifou88 [23]
7.) Funbot28 [16]
8.) Nurul [15]
9.) Mx [14]
10.) EpicUmbreon29 [12]
11.) Birkal [12]
12.) againa [7]
13.) akaFila [7]
14.) pythonSL [7]
15.) ShunosaurusLii [7]
16.) reachzero [7]
Why should I play?
Although this tournament isn't anything different than your standard ladder play, this tournament may be the chance to help you get recognized for bigger CAP tournaments like CAPTT. Also if do well in the seasonals, you may have a chance to play in a Champion's Cup tournament which will be of the highest quality and difficulty. And finally this tournament should help to develop and underplayed metagame and potentially find new and unexplored things about CAP.

Resources:
CAP Viability Rankings | CAP Sample Teams | CAP Cores

Deadline: Round 1 will end October 24th, 6 pm GMT -3.

Last edited:
why did people who signed up before your deadline not get a chance to play? Just put them in and figure out the bracket later come on son get it together
edit: you didnt include that shit in the OP and should have responsibly halted signups at 16 if you wanted to do it differently; there previous seasonals have done workarounds for bracket issues.

why did people who signed up before your deadline not get a chance to play? Just put them in and figure out the bracket later come on son get it together
edit: you didnt include that shit in the OP and should have responsibly halted signups at 16 if you wanted to do it differently; there previous seasonals have done workarounds for bracket issues.
Because of the way this tournament gives points towards the Champion's Cup, it's important for it to have a well defined bracket, and its standard policy for Smogon tournaments to guarantee the placement of the first 62.5% of players which signed up and then randomize the rest. This system was already used in previous seasonals for the same reasons; although I admit I should have made this clearer in the sign ups thread, that was a mistake on my part and I apologize for it.

Alright, because we now have more than 8 substitutes, I've decided to expand the original bracket up to 24 players to allow for more people to participate in the tournament.

The following users will play the next round against the winners of this phase:

Additionally, DetroitLolcat is being subbed in place of The Elite Roman, who hasn't replied to Dj Breloominati♬ 's pm since Thursday. As there's only ~40 hours left until deadline, I'll be granting them an extension until Sunday 11pm GMT -3. The deadline for the rest of bracket will remain the same unless other players require an extension too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)