CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm..I had trouble like this with a friend yesterday, I didn't think much of it at the time, but there might be an issue on my end. I'll see what I can do to fix this as damned if I can't even play my own game online!

Just to note, I had the same problem with Obsessed a few days (maybe a week) back, so it could be with LunaPort too.

I've had a connection with Cartoons that lasted about a minute then died, thats it, whenever I try to connect it dies on me

We should do set times or something. Find out what times are good for most people, and then have everyone play online at the same time. Start getting online play going more reliably.

We should do set times or something. Find out what times are good for most people, and then have everyone play online at the same time. Start getting online play going more reliably.
I used to be a member on a forum which had its own Smash Bros Group. We were having problems like this for a while until me and my brother came up with the Friday Night Fights, which were 7:00 Central Time, if I remember correctly, on Fridays, where basically everyone would attempt to go online in the following few hours and just play random games with whoever they could find. I think it would definately be a good idea to do something like this for CAP Battle. So yeah, what days are you guys open?
Currently, the only days I wouldn't be able to do squat would be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays/Fridays depending on the week, with Fridays happening less often. That would leave me open to Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and occasionally Friday, if this helps for any of you guys.

I'm never open on Tuesday's and Thursday's and usually other days the have school the next day, if anyone cares. I actually think we should try hosting a tournament for this. It was posted in "Other Competitive Games" to start with.

I'm open pretty much all the time, but hey, we won't be able to get everyone w/CAP battle on at once, so best time overall. We should do a poll on the CAP server.

Well, since I have too much spare time on Fidgit's hands (badum tish) I'll give Smogon a quick guide for Fidgit in arcade mode.

Revenankh

Rev is a big pain in the ass at first, simply because of its damn throw which can wipe you out easily, along with an annoying Shadow Punch. Use the heavy punch to force it away, as it has longer range than Rev's grab. Jump behind Rev when it uses Shadow Punch and use your heavy aerial to punish it. Earth Power can be used to juggle it and allow you to get a heavy aerial in.

Pyroak

Gah. Pyroak can be a pain, but your greatest weapon is your duck. Fidgit can duck right under all of Pyroak's projectiles, and a heavy crouching attack can force it back. Jump towards Pyroak, but from far enough away so Flamethrower misses, then hit it with a heavy aerial quickly. Comet Punch while it's still recovering, and back off to avoid Wood Hammer.

Stratagem

Stratagem is less dangerous, but still a pain. Use Earth Power to knock it around, then Comet Punch when it gets close. Your heavy duck attack can clear some space, and Rapid Spin should force it back and cause some nasty damage.

Syclant

Syclant can really put the hurt on. Using your heavy aerial will help immensely, and stick to your heavy punch to stop it throwing you around. Back up to avoid Ice Shard, or jump over and nail it with your aerials. Blizzard hurts bad, so try and not let it get you easily.

Arghonaut

Arghonaut is a surprisingly easy opponent (sometimes). Middle range Earth Power will knock it off its feet from the start if you back up, and your heavy aerial, as always, will serve as a very effective counterattack to Mach Punch assuming you space correctly. comet Punch can force it back out into Earth Power's range, and when it uses its series of punches, jump over and Rapid Spin it.

Note that this is all personal experience, so more experienced players will probably find over 9000 faults in it.

ungulateman

Great idea, Xaqwais.

I'm usually free every weekday until about six, then it varies. Monday and Wednesday nights are good too. How do people feel about Sunday evening?

As Tyranitar said, a single day that's convenient for everyone is unlikely, so it's worth discussing when everyone is available. At the very least, you might be able to find people will similar availabilities as you.

Regarding a tournament. I'd first like to assess how many people can actually host matches. If you've successfully hosted a game before, please send me a PM and I'll list you all here. If we were to have a tournament, I probably wouldn't enter it (not sayin' it wouldn't be fair... but I do have a good six months of practice over you guys) so it'd be good to know how many participants would be able to host the matches before we run into a situation where the two finalists are unable to connect to each other.

Great guide, btw, ungulateman. A few people have posted strats for various characters and it's cool to see how styles of play I hadn't considered or intended are explored and expanded upon once the game had been released. Your Fidgit sounds like it exploits its superior range to poke and punish opponents from afar which I've seen proven effective against human opponents as well (or at least it's annoyed ME).

yeah I agree with ungulateman, fidgit is awesome, though I usually don't use any moves but hard comet punch, which works wonders on the boss as I said earlier.

F***ING AMAZING GAME CARTOONS!

Regarding a tournament. I'd first like to assess how many people can actually host matches. If you've successfully hosted a game before, please send me a PM and I'll list you all here. If we were to have a tournament, I probably wouldn't enter it (not sayin' it wouldn't be fair... but I do have a good six months of practice over you guys) so it'd be good to know how many participants would be able to host the matches before we run into a situation where the two finalists are unable to connect to each other.
And still we had close matches:pimp:

Anyways, for the tournament idea, I am able to be on any time from around 14 GMT to 22 GMT weekdays, might fluctuate a bit, and weekends around 10 to 22 GMT. And I am able to host too, but then I can't take replays of the matches. Last time I tried it, we dropped before the match started, and when I turned auto-record off, connection was perfect.

And I might post a guide for Arghonaut when I bother to try to beat sweatin' ;P

EDIT: Ungulateman, you are now officially hating Cartoons! and his rev skillz :naughty: (for reference, see the match between me and him, second round)

...Revenankh is a bitch.

By the way, that guide is based off a play through on Breezin', but apart from the CPU's ridiculous reactions (oh look, stunlock you to death from three-quarters health! Have fun!), it applies pretty well to Sweatin'. Also, I now officially hate Revenankh's throw and how much bloody damage it does, though.

You know, I currently have no clue as to whether I can Host or not, due to the fact that I haven't played Online yet. I'll have to try to set up a game whenever I have freetime and see exactly what's my stand on the matter.

I certainly have tried to host, but no one was on. I think we should first set up times, then, if that's working for everyone, we can start with bigger things.

I'd like to get into the online action as well, even though I am but a noob

EDIT: I cannot believe I thought Stratagem was rubbish.
After playing through with it on sweating, there is so much that STratagem can do its not even funny.
I have the most trouble with Syclant, due to its Fury Attack nailing me everytime i jump.

Otherwise my basica strategy is this: Use Weak Ancient Power, then wall jump off to hit the enemy with your Strong Air. As soon as the Strong Air finishes, you can do a quick Sweep to get them on their knees. Its so damn effective, I basically used this for evryone, eveb Pyroak. his Flamethrowe nearly never connects, thanks to the sheer speed in which you can execute such moves

And as SDS told me over IRC, Paleo Wave -> Giga Drain is a fucking awesome finisher

Oh my god I just beat the game on sweatin and the final boss is mental.
And nostalgic.
But still mental.
Also Me and MGX live in the same country, under 50 miles away yet we still can't connect. How could we do it?

One question: I accidentaly put the game on fullscreen, how do I get it back right?
Also, would somebody spoil the final boss for me? I can't play sweatin't fo' shit ¬¬

I had an idea

Perhaps there should be an IRC channel for this. Its quite hard to go around posting here looking for a game, plus it clutters things up.

IRC would be a great way to get this thing goin, seeing how so many people are on IRC

I'll go ahead and reg the channel right now, later cartoons can come and ill give him full power

One question: I accidentaly put the game on fullscreen, how do I get it back right?
Also, would somebody spoil the final boss for me? I can't play sweatin't fo' shit ¬¬
It should be in the upper-left corner, under View, if I remember correctly. Funny, cause I actually like Fullscreen. Oh, and I'll pm the Final Boss to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)