CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
the channel is #capbattle, on the server smogon uses for all its stuff: irc.synirc.net

Anyways, ive been wondering, has anyone here ever beaten the boss while at full health?

I actually managed it with Strata, and I use this starategy against him everytime and it works 100%.

Basically: Start off by going as left as possible. Light Nacient power will come out fast and smack him before he grabs you. Which is when you jump up and quickly do a small angled Power Gem to hit him as he tries to aerial grab. Then Wall Jump off while attacking with Strong Aerial. It will hit him once as you land. Then I usually follow up with a sweep that knocks him down. Now the fun starts, just start Power Gemming, and when he gets close try and knock him away with Paleo Wave or Wall Jump out of there again

Basically try and take advatage of his jumping around and strike him with your angled Power Gems to take him down :)

Well, I just discovered that I need to set my port (to battle online), and I can't say I'm a computer genius at all. I can't even find a tutorial. Can someone help me?

Oh, so you don't need to set your router to just play matches and not host? That's what I want! For some odd reason, I see someone hosting and I never get to battle him, as there seems to be a connection failure for some reason that I don't know. That's why I thought I needed to do something with the router.

Then why can't I play? =/

Edit: Nvm, gg's Cartoons.

Thanks MGX, Iluvtogekiss, B_T, and Xaqwais for coming out on the server and having a few matches, it was a lot of fun.

I'll put the IRC information in the OP so people can check whenever someone's on.

Cartoons, it's a Netgear one. I tried again, and I may have gotten it, but I'm not sure.

When you try hosting a game in the lobby, what does lunaport say? Mine just says, trying to connect to Lunaport, so I don't think I got it.

Also, gg Cartoons. I have a feeling you hit some bad lag the last match, but the first 2 were pretty good.

only one other person online? that's a pretty small channel

well i'm hosting in the lobby incase anybody actually checks it

edit: okay uh, that's a bit laggy

where are you located? i'm in wc

edit2: Good games, Granbull. I don't get why Paleo Wave can't be airblocked, but ok.

I think you need to appreciate that the use of the channel is basically to coordinate matches, as it clutters up the posts here.
Also helps with stuff like "controls are not easy to use" etc

If you are hosting right now, Id love to play you

Out of curiosity, what do people think the tier list is looking like now? I think Fidgit and Strategem are both up there but I might be wrong.

Sorry to whoever I was fighting (you're not on the irc channel, infact nobody is)), I forgot that I was downloading somethign while hosting, which explains the laggy connection.

I'm done downloading now and rehosting if you want to try again.

@ Riddle - GUESSES FROM FIFTEEN MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY: Fidgit is top, he has an easy combo from like half the screen away from you, and can chain his rapid punch from his jumping strong for a ton of damage. Plus he maneuvers quickly, has high range, and his attacks come out fast.

Edit: Apparently that wasn't the problem. Bleh.
The lag is really annoying, though. I could barely tell which Fidgit was mine, so half the time I didn't realise if I was getting hit or you were.

Edit2: Okay, so after playing for a while, here are my suggestions-

Make the AI not spam random close range melee while you're knocked down - It makes it seem like a braindead masher, and is incredibly annoying as well.

Change or decrease the volume of Pyroak's stage music - I can barely hear the sound effects on that stage, fff.

Change the sounds that play when Syclant hits somebody - They're too quiet and don't really sound like hitsounds, I can barely tell if my attack got blocked or not

Make the commands easier - Commands like down then forward/down then backwards are fine, but the super commands and certain others are a pain to pull off, especially when you actually need them. Out of all the times I've used Syclant's Fury Attack, maybe 40% of the times have been intentional, and none of them when I actualled needed to use it. The detection for moves like Blizzard, Rapid Spin, etc aren't very lenient either. I'd reccomend just assigning supers to their own button unless you can make them much easier to perform, and changing commands like Fury Attack's and Shadow Punch's to the standard dragon punch input/623.

Nerf Flamethrower and Comet Punch - Both can be easily comboed into for a ton of damage (Flamethrower from Uproot, Comet Punch from j.5c). The way the attacks work is fine, just decrease the damage outputs. (Maybe 12 for strong comet punch and 14 for Flamethrower?) nevermind i'm dumb and made this post before i got used to the game

Add alternate palettes for p2 - I had a Fidgit mirror in lag and couldn't even tell which one I was.

And um, that's about all. I probably have more complains that I forgot, but I'll edit those in when I think of them again I guess.

all of a sudden im having problems connecting weird.

And MGX no offense but it's painful watching you use Stratagem. Spamming the knockdown, I try to use it sparingly. But I do spam power gems.

I agree GOrgoroth, I have to still learn how to effectively chain stuff witH Strata

Im trying nowadays to chain many Light and Medium attacks into other stuff, and can do the Paleo > Drain 90% of the time now

Ill try to be less cheap in the future lol

Good games, Granbull. You don't seem to visit the channel so I'll post this here.

Your Gem is kind of intimidating, since Fidgit can't really get in to airthrow or j.5c against power gem. But it'd probably be better if you'd mix it up with some ancientpower instead of just using it over and over.

But yeah, I'm not too fond of Gem vs Fidgit, Gem can stop a lot of Fidgit's attempts at getting in via a power gem, and his hitbox is small making earth power/snatch combos harder to perform (i whiffed with earth power/snatch quite a bit, ugh)

Man, I can't seem to be able to do the grabs. It might be because of my PC, but it's like I can't press light and medium one milisecond apart, or it just doesn't work. Anybody else have that problem?
PD: Whats j.5c?

Whoever I was just playing with Arghonaut (s/he was Strategem). I was having fun, but our connection kept failing. In the middle of our first match my window just closed and the second one never started. Maybe we can get it again some other time.

I'ma try to learn Fidgit now, as seeing Lurker do so well with him, I wanna use him.

My main concerns for the third version are a way to turn music off and to fix the glitch where some projectiles stop working (Stratagem's Ancient Power). Other than that, I don't have too much that hasn't been said already.

I run fidgit too. fidgit has one problem, his projectiles are very slow he has a really great combo (Earth power>underground grab thing>rapid spin) but it is hard to pull off a secessful combo. however fidgit has the easy combo that I spam a ton (spam the L button J.5c repeat. throw if they jump) I find that fidgit is like go a minute to learn (L>j.5c) 5000 years (and counting) to master (Ep>undergound grab >rapid spin)

OK I have just had another scintillating session of games with Cartoons!, and they were all excellent, with one ending in a DOUBLE KO YEAAAAAAAAAAA

I must say Stratagem is so easily learnable its not funny. If you can do the combination for Power Gem and Wave correctly and instantaneously, you have learned how to use Stratagem. All it takes really while playing him is to constantly keep up the pressure with Power Gem Strong or Light depening on your opponents position. A simple effective way for me is simply SPAM Strong Aerial > Retreating SLash > Power Gem until you reach the edge, Wall Jump away, possible hitting with a Paleo Wave. Toe Pinch is also a fun move to exploit, being able to sneak below any projectiles (barring Ancient Power I think). Strata's Light Aerial is also excellent, the hopping motion is really helpful to try and get away from pesky Revenankh who tries to grab you.

Finally, Levitate. Many people argue that its a waste of meter, I fully disagree. Although use should be limited, Levitate is extremely helpful in many ways: Picture this: You are jumping away from this Pyroak when suddenly he shoots off a Fast Energy Ball, on which you are going to land. OMFG WHAT DO I DO? SImply Levitate and let it flow right under you. Its also extremely fun for following up an Ancient Power. Simply send a Light AP, and then ZOOOOM towards your oppoent with Levitate and use the momentum to deliver a swift Strong Aerial. The opponent may just block it, but it really adds to the intimidating factor that Strata is excellent at using.

tl;dr: STRATAGEM IS NOT LOW TIER MATERIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)