CAP Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gem is pretty fun, but I wish it was possible to levitate after firing Power Gem, for followups or runaway. Though that could make him too good, idk.

My main concerns for the third version are a way to turn music off
use fidgit's 2b

never worry about music again

tl;dr: STRATAGEM IS NOT LOW TIER MATERIAL
Strata is definitely up there with Fidgit in the tier list in my opinion. Levitate is awesome, allowing to either quickly come in with strong aerial (and then trip) faster than most people might react, or it can help you run away..

What do Bulk Up and Encore specifically do?

I have no idea what encore does, Bulk up means you take a little less from attacks I think.
While Im here, anyone wanna tell me what battle armor does?

Bulk Up boosts your attack and damage taken from attacks, by small amounts though.

Encore is something only the fastest people will be able to abuse. Apart from what it says on the box, Encore can cancell into any move and be cancelled into from any move, removing the lag that accompanies the end of a move, allowing a chain of long comboes that may not be possible without removing the horrible back lag that comes with most specials

Encore is something only the fastest people will be able to abuse. Apart from what it says on the box, Encore can cancell into any move and be cancelled into from any move, removing the lag that accompanies the end of a move, allowing a chain of long comboes that may not be possible without removing the horrible back lag that comes with most specials
It boosts your opponent's meter by the same amount it consumes (30 I think), so it's not really worth it if the combo won't guaruntee you a round win. (Especially against Gem, since if his super bar fills up thanks to it, he could possibly regain his health back via Giga Drain)

Regarding the whole "Gem and Fidgit are top" thing, personally I think the list is something like Pyroak > Fidgit > Gem > Rev > Syclant > Argh, but there are so few players it's hard to really tell. Fidgit is much worse in lag, though, since his attacks and combos require good timing to hit with.

Argh's not a bad character (he does high damage and mach punch as well as revenge really hurt), he's just outclassed by the rest, since he lacks any sort of projectile and his attacks are kind of slow aside from Mach Punch. He can barely even hit Gem.

Pyroak is really good, but I think Strata has a good matchup on him. He has trouble with Syclant and Fidgit.

A lot of this is theorymon. Wait, is it theorymon if we're talking about CAPbattle?

I think the theory fighter can start when we get more characters. *hint hint*

Nah, I'm kidding, Cartoons. It's an awesome game which will only get better.

Oh, and if I want to share ideas on the possible new characters, would you be interested?

MGX proves his point in this series of matches where his Stratagem delivers a solid whoopin'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpWqt9c_eBs

Speculating character effectiveness is good fun and all, but what's say we put more of these theories to the test? I've seen a few people on the IRC server, but it'd be great to see more. We've got a wide range of skill levels and I'm really happy to see how people have been helping others level up. Again, if you ever want to drop by the server for a match or two after an evening climbing CAP's Playtesting Ladder, you can find us on the irc.synirc.net server, channel: #capbattle

In terms of new characters, ungulateman, I'm thinking the direction in which the roster expands is pretty linear for now, but I may be more open to ideas in the future.

So far, I've beaten Story Mode on Breezin' with Pyroak, Arghonaut, and Fidgit, in that order. Easy to see why Pyroak is the best out of all of them - he kicks everyone else's ass in no time flat. Shame he isn't as easily utilized on Shoddy.....

EDIT: This boss character....is that that 'Vitalimar' thing I noticed when CAP Battle was downloading?

Well we had a good number of people on today, unfortunately, the only person online able to host was me!

Ggs to everyone I played today. I'll continue to be on the server through the evening and I'll be checking in every now and then to see if anyone is up for a match, or just to chat.

btw, if you're a person who's set your router to be able to host, there are a lot of people who'd like to see you!

If anybody's on right now, I'm trying to host. I'm not even sure whether or not it works on my laptop, but I am hosting. This should at least tell me if I am capable of it. Also, I'd like to learn how much my skills have deteriorated in a week and a half. :)

I told a few friends about this game and they love it.

But I still can't decide on my favorite character... I'm thinking Fidgit but I also like Arghonaut and Stratagem. Stratagem is really fun to use and Arghonaut beasts with Mach Punch, I think you can see why its hard to practice.

I've never been able to use Arghonaut's special...

My friend uses Rev and he beat Sweatin' mode and I can't imagine how he did that.

Wow this looks awesome question can you make it for something like MUGEN. i'm willing to download your program but i wanna see how it fares against other characters like blaziken and stuff

Quick tutorial to get on the IRC channel with no downloads.

1) Go to www.mibbit.com

2) Hit the green "Start Chatting Now" button in the lower left corner

3) In the drop down arrow, go to SynIRC [webirc]

4) Change your nickname.

5) In the channel box, put "#capbattle"

6) Hit go.

or...

1) Go to snyirc.net

2) Click 'Webchat' on the left side

3) Change your nickname

4) enter '#capbattle' under channel

5) click 'Login'

In terms of new characters, ungulateman, I'm thinking the direction in which the roster expands is pretty linear for now, but I may be more open to ideas in the future.
What I meant was ideas on how the characters would play, but it's not that important. I just had a couple of crazy ideas for how they would fight. (Like Kitsunoh beating shit up with its masks, or something.)

ungulateman

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
#cap is fine enough as a channel for CAP Battle -- there's much more people there and it is kinda unnecessary to make as many splinter channels as there already is atm. Heck, even #cap is a splinter channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)