The idea of this thread is to provide a visual list of what Pokémon does what in the SS CAP metagame. This will help new and experienced players alike in finding Pokémon that fit their teams when looking for specific roles, as well as help players build more diverse teams by not always using the same Pokémon to fill the same role. Each Pokemon that are on here are on here based on their viability in the CAP metagame and their performance of generic or specific (niche, if you will) roles that benefit your team. If you feel there is a Pokemon viable for the roles mentioned below and it hasn't been added to the group, recommend it in your post with a solid argument as to why attached.
Pokemon are listed in alphabetical order.
The order of roles will be organized in the following way:
- Utility (hazard setters and removers)
- Offensive roles (wallbreakers, choice item users, and setup sweepers)
- Defensive roles (walls and pivots)
- Weather (rain, sand, and sun) and Trick Room
For those who do not understand what the terminology such as Wallbreaker and Pivot mean: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/pokemon_dictionary
- One liners are fine here, but avoid double posting.
- Don't nominate unviable mons, use the CAP Viability Rankings as a guideline for what's viable.
Healing Wish/Lunar Dance:
2. Offensive Roles
3. Defensive Roles
4. Weather and Trick Room