CaP Website Art Contest - Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Cartoons!

I've always been a big fan of Cartoons! stuff, ever since Aj got him to make some of his pictures for his thread. Heck I still owe him Pokes for it :P

2. Wyverii

Wyverii is a good artist, and I do like his pics but I think they don't look as professional as Cartoon's would.

3. CyzirVisheen

I'm not a big fan of Cyzir's art style, but I cannot deny that he is good at it. Although I don't feel they have the professional look about them, he is still a CaP vet. and should be rewarded so.

EDIT: Look below, I think DJD sums up the exact reasoning of mine 'cept that I prefer Cyzir over Kopie even though it's not digital I think deviating from the standard is good.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It is incredibly tough to rank the artwork here. All of it is so fantastic. I want to abstain from voting, but that's a coward's way out. Here I go...

1. Cartoons
Best overall combination of style, color and precision.

2. Wyverii
The most impressive artistic achievement. The only reason these weren't #1, was the color. All three pictures look like they are "hazy", presumably because the color saturation is lower than the other artists' works. It's quite a minor detail, but was the deciding factor for me in such a close competition.

3. Kopie
I really debated between Cyzir and Kopie. Both artists have wonderfully stylized versions of the pokemon. Ultimately, I went with Kopie because of the clean digital rendering. For a website, I think digital art is preferable.

Quite a bit of the art submitted will end up on the website, so there will be lots of "winners"....

Cartoons!
Kopie
Wyverii

I wanted to enter something, but I've been too busy to draw these past weeks. I take forever anyways. ><
Good luck to the entrants.

Cartoons!
CyzirVisheen
Wyverii

Fuck all of you guys, cause if every single one of you makes art that's incredible, detailed, artistic and original in their own way then it's really hard to think of which 3 I wanna vote for. I mean, if there were more than 6 people contributing art then it'd be hard for me to tell Poopazing, Kopie and Casmat that they are also mindblowingly better than me.

But good job guys seriously.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kopie
Cartoons
Wyverii

Kopie's Syclant won me easily. It so damn well done that I can't just ignore it at all. The three pokes are extremely well designed and it is a rather clean picture.

Cartoons's designs were also incredibly well done. They were truly marvelous. But I prefer Kopie's approach on some pokes, mainly syclant.

Wyverii has also a very well designed set of pokes. I just prefer the poses from Cartoons and Kopie better.

1. Cartoons!
2. Kopie
3. Wyveril.

It was very hard to decide, since each submission is impressive in it's own way.

Too bad my computer crapped out, or else I'd be up there ;_;

1. Cartoons!

I've said it before I'll say it again, you're like, my favourite artist ever.

2. Cyzir

Not a huge fan of the Pyroak, but your revenankh and syclant are amazing...

3. Casmat

Ehhh, I just like yours more then the remainder, they're cool

I'm not a fan of Wyverii's =/

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
1.Cartoons!
2.CyzirVisheen
3.Wyverii

Tennis kinda summed up how I feel on the first page.

When I was looking at the options I was thinking "fuck I hope I can pick three."

1. Cartoons!
2. CyzirVisheen
3. Wyverii

But really, great work everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)