Tournament CAP Winter Team Tournament - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
CAP Winter Team Tournament Manager Signups
Hey pals, we're finally at the point where we can open up manager signups. What being a manager generally involves is scouting out each player who signs up, formulating a coherent strategy for the draft, maintaining correspondence with me on issues such as weekly lineups and potential substitutions, keeping your team active and well coordinated, and approaching staff with any issues as the tournament progresses.

We're planning on having 6 total managers, barring an incredibly high volume of signups. For more information on general policy for this tournament, please click here. In terms of the time commitment, you can expect to be regularly involved with this tour until late February.

Now if you've read the above and feel that you're both willing and qualified to be a manager, please make a post in this thread using the following format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
CAP Involvement:
Why you would make a good manager:
Signups will be open until Sunday, December 19th at 11:59pm GMT-5.

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Manager: dex

Assistant Manager: Darek

Team Name: The Brazy Breezis

List of Accomplishments:
I've participated in every team tour and official CAP tour since the last CAP Snake Draft. I also have been extremely involved in the CAP process since Miasmaw, greatly contributing to each stage. I sit on the councils for BDSP CAP and Monotype CAP. I'm also a QC Checker for CAP C&C.

CAP Involvement:
I've been heavily involved in the CAP process since joining the community for Miasmaw. Most recently, my suggested ability for Venomicon-Epilogue won: Tinted Lens. I also participate quite a lot in the CAP C&C section, having written 11 analyses and done a few QC checks. I also hosted/am hosting the CAP Ladder Tour and the BDSP CAP tournament and I will be hosting the CAP Ghosting Tournament.

Why would you make a good manager:
I believe that I always give people the space to try out whatever crazy builds they want to within reason. I was very active in CAPPL for the Plasmantas as a player, where I was essentially acting as a second assistant manager. That tour I almost always made time for testing with teammates and contributed quite a bit to building discussions. I have a lot of free time coming up as I am graduating college next week, so I will be very much available to be a consistent presence for my team. All in all, I think I would be a great manager given the chance to do it.

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Manager: me :heart:
Assistant Manager: Jordy
Team Name: Girlboss Garchomps
List of Accomplishments: [12:39 AM] Tadasuke: you can literally put
CAP Involvement: [12:39 AM] Tadasuke: I am spoo
Why you would make a good manager: [12:39 AM] Tadasuke: one for each

Last edited:

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Manager: Zephyri

Assistant Manager: arn.av136

Team Name: Krilowatt Krew

List of Accomplishments:
(mine)
- Won Cyclohm Cup back to back, went undefeated in this Cyclohm Cup​
- On the PUWC and LCWC rosters for India; was on the UUWC roster for India​
(ar.nav's)
- Done amazingly in basically every CAP circuit tour he's participated in; he's never come below top 16
- Went 4-1 in his first ever cap team tour​
- Won Cyclohm Cup with me and spitfire this year, also went undefeated​
- Won the CAP Rigged Tour​
- On last year's WCOP roster for India​

CAP Involvement:
(mine)
- PRC member (got a ladybug for CAP stuff)​
- Participated in every captt/cap circuit tour since cappl 6​
- CAPLC council​
(arnav)
- #4 on the CAP circuit leaderboard​

Why would you make a good manager:
I'm motivated, active, and know the CAP playerbase fairly well. I have a solid hold on SS CAP and both me and ar.nav are aware of the skill level of the Indian playerbase. I'll be done with my midterms by this weekend, and as such will have a lot of free time to spend on CAPPL. I've been an active building and chat presence in all the 3 CAP team tour teams I've been on. Both me and arn.av promise to put in as many hours as necessary to win this tour.

Last edited:

Mr.Bossaru

PMPL Champions 2022' ZU GOD\NU GOAT
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Manager: xbossarux
Assistant Manager: TBD. feel free to reach out if you're interested
Team Name: Brooklyn blazikens
List of Accomplishments: 4 semi's
CAP Involvement: made a cap play off's won r1
Why you would make a good manager: I'm the goat

Avery

Banned deucer.
Manager: me
Assistant Manager: Kate
Team Name: Zealous Zeraoras
List of Accomplishments: i won the sm cap tournament / a natdex ssnl / went positive in most of my team tours (i cba to list them all) / played sm cap in cappl / im the natdex TL. on kates end kate has never failed to make finals as a manager and is natdex council + has had a rly successful tournament showing across ag and nd lately
CAP Involvement: i won the sm cap tour and i played sm cap in cappl + i am jordy's personal servant
Why you would make a good manager: im an incredible team support and kate and i create a very fun team environment %)

Last edited:

Nalorium

is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending BW Circuit Champion
World Defender
Manager: Nalorium
Assistant Manager: Fakee
Team Name: Venomous Venomicons
List of Accomplishments: Make finals but never win tournaments
CAP Involvement: It is possible that we will reach the finals and win the tournament
Why you would make a good manager: Im p sure we are gonna make finals and win the tournament

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Brambane
Assistant Manager: LuckOverSkill
Team Name: Steelix D's
List of Accomplishments: Luck managed and won WCOP 2020. I was on Chromera's in CAPPL and won recent LC tour.
CAP Involvement: I was involved with CAP throughout the years, returned to activity during Chromera process and partook in a number of tours. Luck doesn't really have much CAP involvement, but has substantial tour experience.
Why you would make a good manager: We value innovative team-building, letting people play what appeals to them, and booba.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Manager: Lasen
Assistant Manager: Voltage
Team Name: Asuka Langley Staryus
List of Accomplishments: on council of 3/5 generations of CAP + BDSP Council + Metagame Council/QC Team/VR Team/Decent showings in individuals until I tilt! Voltage is similarly on Metagame council/VR team and has had success in tours!
CAP Involvement: current TLT for CAP 30 and I run like 5 projects all of which are dead while also doing breakdown for VR updates! Voltage was TLT on CAP 28 and has been one of the longest running active users of the community, running the PodCAP for a while and overall being handsome. He even got a ladybug badge for his contributions!
Why you would make a good manager: I managed and won OMSL, managed OMWC/OMPL/Ubers Most Wanted II/latest CAPPL. I believe Voltage has managed in CAPTT and CAPPL three times at this point and he managed in CAP Snake, so we know how to draft in any format :swole:

Me and Voltage managing means there will be someone inebriated by the beauty of God's green and blue Earth 24/7/30/365.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)