CAPTT IV Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
CAP Team Tournament IV

Hey everyone, it's finally here! Thanks for being patient with the wait, but CAPTT IV sign ups are now live! I will be returning as the host of CAPTT again and this time EpicUmbreon29 will be joining me as my co-host.

Welcome to the CAP Team Tournament (CAPTT) Signups! This season we are switching it up and will be having six teams duke it out in the following five formats: Gen 7 /Gen 7/ Gen 7/Cap LC/ Gen 6. Cawdet is positively banned in CAPLC. Signups will conclude on around July 5th or 6th, which is when the draft will begin.

For those of you unfamiliar with CAPTT, but interested in participating; CAPTT is a team tournament similar to that of SPL, in which our CAPtains bid on players who have signed up to assemble a team of some of the best players possible in order to win the tournament. During the auction the CAPtain who has bid the highest on a player will then add that player to their team. Teams will face-off and select one player to fill each of the five battling slots. If a team wins at least 3 matches against their opponent, then that team wins the week. The two teams who have the best weekly winning ratio will then compete in the finals, in which the winner will be crowned. If there is a tie to get into the finals, then the overall win-loss ratio of all matches within the previous weeks will then determine who makes it into the finals.

The CAPtains (listed first) and their assistant managers (listed second) have been selected and are listed below, as well as their team names. Assistant managers will be able to play in the tournament and we will be deciding on their prices over the coming weeks. The prices of each assistant manager will be subtracted from their team's 100k for the auction. By the end an auction, each team must have purchased enough players to be able to fill all 5 slots and have 2 substitute slots filled.

cbrevan and Jho will lead the Choice Band Revenankhs

Animus Majulous and ItzViper482 will lead the Vicious Volkrakens

Rat With Wings and Frat Dude will lead the Reject Reverbells

snake_rattler and SHSP will lead the Pernicious Pajantoms

Airwind and Heaven Jay will lead the Blazing Pyroaks

Drapionswing and Birkal will lead the Swashbuckling Arghonauts

If you wish for one of these teams to lead you to victory this CAPTT, please sign up by filling this out and posting it in this thread:
Fill this out and post it bellow:

Name:
Tiers Played/Interested In:
Non-player roles:
Any foreseeable inactivity:
[Examples]

Name: HeaLnDeaL and SteaLnDeaL on PS
Tiers Played/Interested In: SM, CAPLC
Non-player roles: I'd also like to express interest in being a Team Artist
Any foreseeable inactivity: no
Name: SpheaLnDeaL
Tiers Played/Interested In: All of 'em
Any foreseeable inactivity: The second week of August I will be away on a school trip, but I'll be free every week except that one.
On non-player roles: non-player roles are optional in an application and can include a variety of roles not related to playing, including Team Artist, Team Cheerleader, etc. CAPtains and their teams have no obligation to fill non-player role slots.

IF YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE GOING INACTIVE AND ARE UNMOTIVATED DO NOT SIGN UP, WHILE ABSENCES ARE UNPREVENTABLE WE WANT TO AVOID AS MANY OF THEM AS POSSIBLE. IF YOU ARE NOTORIOUSLY INACTIVE DURING TOURS AND DISPLAY THIS DURING THE TOURNAMENT YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM FUTURE CAPTTS.

UNSPORTSMANLIKE BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE ACCEPTABLE AND WILL HAVE ACTION HAD AGAINST THEM ON ANY OFFENCES, WHETHER THIS BE A WARNING, INFRACTION, OR DISQUALIFICATION. There is a fine line between joking around for fun and being disrespectful.

Below is the tentative weekly schedule for the tournament:

Week 1:
Revenankhs vs Arghonauts
Volkrakens vs Pyroaks
Reverbells vs Pajantoms

Week 2:
Revenankhs vs Pajantoms
Reverbells vs Pyroaks
Arghonauts vs Volkrakens

Week 3:
Revenankhs vs Volkrakens
Arghonauts vs Reverbells
Pajantoms vs Pyroaks

Week 4:
Revenankhs vs Pyroaks
Reverbells vs Volkrakens
Pajantoms vs Arghonauts

Week 5:
Reverbells vs Revenanks
Pajantoms vs Volkrakens
Pyroaks vs Arghonauts

Last edited:
Finally

Name: Granny Pie on Smogon and on PS
Tiers Played/Interested In: ORAS, USUM, CAPLC
Non-player roles: I'm a good writer, dunno what that's worth, but hey. I'll right y'all a mean pep talk or hype you up to the crowd. Team Testing is always fun to do, as well.
Can be a Discount Snorly, if need be.
Any foreseeable inactivity: No.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Name: Gravity Monkey
Tiers Played/Intrested in: USM CAP (More or less)
Non-player Roles: Artist, Moral Support
Any foreseeable inactivity: August 5th to 12th

Name: on discord its legend slayer with a weird font but here ill likely be using my slurpuff priest ps, also my yaboilegendslayer or rainmeister alts depending on what im doing ladder wise
Screenshot_20170925-180811.jpg

Tiers Played/Interested In: USUM
Non-player roles: Tester
Any foreseeable inactivity: I have graduation tonoght but that should be it

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Name: Gross Sweep
Tiers Played/Interested In: USM CAP
Non-player roles: I have free time to test
Any foreseeable inactivity: no

Not super comfortable building CAP, but am more than willing to pilot if needed.

Name: Izuku M
Tiers Played/Interested In: USUM CAP
Non-player roles: Love to help people test their teams. Also I want to crack up jokes at least to help people cheer up and make sure they aren't stressed when battling.
Any foreseeable inactivity: I'll notify you when I become unavailable, but for now no.

I hope I don't screw this up like CAPTT 2.

Last edited:
Name: Cairill
Tiers Played/Interested In: USUM CAP / ORAS CAP
Non-player roles: Testing and I suddenly became good at teambuilding.
Any foreseeable inactivity: Last 3 weeks of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)