CAPTT IV: Week 3

Welcome back to another week of CAPTT IV! Week 3 matches should be completed by Sunday, August 12th at 11:59 Eastern Daylight Time. Extensions will only be granted if absolutely necessary.

Please remember to schedule your matches as soon as possible. Also, all replays must be saved and posted in this thread. Games for which replays do not exist must be replayed, so I highly suggest that if you win a game, you save it.

Revenankhs(1) vs.
Volkrakens(4)
USM: hoblaph v DetroitLolcat
USM: DoW v reachzero
USM: Gross Sweep v Cairill
CAPLC: Drew v ItzViper482
ORAS: cbrevan v Take Azelfie

Arghonauts(3) vs.
Reverbells(2)
USM: Trace v Hys
USM: Snorlax in the way v Escoffier
USM: Jordy v Deku Prince
CAPLC: innovamania v fatty Fille
ORAS: Finchinator v Confide

Pajantoms(3) vs.
Pyroaks(2)
USM: SHSP v Heaven Jay
USM: Dj Breloominati♬ v Mx
USM: LucarioOfLegends v Marjane
CAPLC: taranteeeno v Plas
ORAS: EternalSnowman v Wenderz

-This tour will have all matches default to bo1, but if both opponents agree to bo3 then that is allowable. Any such agreement should happen before the first match is played, otherwise it is assumed to be bo1.

-If a team wins 3 or more matches in a week, then that team wins the week. At the end of the 5th week, the two teams that have the most weekly victories will move onto the finals. If there is a tie for 2nd place when determining the finals teams, then the team that won the most individual matches will advance. Therefore even after winning 3 matches during a week, it very well might be in a team's best interest to continue and win more. On the flip side, even after losing 3 matches in a week, the losing team should still try to win any remaining matches.

-All matches played must have a replay saved. It is the winner of the match who has responsibility to post the replay for match, though the loser is definitely allowed to confirm the loss with a reply as well, and teammates are allowed to post replays as well; the main point is that replays have to be presented. It is unfair to NOT have your match's replay shared because if every replay is available then it presents an equal access to the proof of the players' skills in the context of this tournament. Not sharing replays makes it harder for a particular player to be studied, which is unfair to the players that do put themselves in the public eye via this tournament and their replays.

-Matches must be played in their corresponding format. Do not play in Custom Battles. Cawdet is banned in CAPLC.

-Try to contact your opponent immediately and VM them/post a message on their smogon wall. Keep scheduling public so that your scheduling attempts can be verified. If you opponent agrees on a scheduled time but does not show up for the match, then record proof of this via a screenshot, video, etc and post it in this thread or PM it to EpicUmbreon29 and HeaLnDeaL. If your opponent misses a scheduled match on a Friday or Saturday, you may use your screenshot as proof for an activity victory. If you opponent misses a scheduled match before a Friday, it is expected that some sort of serious rescheduling effort is made by both parties unless you specifically stated earlier that you would not be available Friday/Saturday and your opponent acknowledged this. If there is a serious time conflict between players, then at the earliest available opportunity a substitution should be made. Captains and Co-Captains are the only ones allowed to make substitutions, and they can do so by replying to this thread by stating which of their two subs are subbing in for which starting player. More often than not if an opponent misses a scheduled time during the beginning of a week, it is expected that serious rescheduling efforts will take place and no immediate activity win will be given. If you scheduled a match and then realize you can't make it, it is 100% in your best interest to let your opponent know ASAP so that rescheduling or subbing can be done.

-Coinflips will only happen when two teams are tied 2 vs 2 and the the remaining match is questionable on who should gain activity. If a team is 1 vs 1 (or 0 vs 0) and all remaining matches have questionable activity calls, then the CAPTT Johning Clause will activate and both teams will end up losing the week. It should be every team's top interest to avoid a draw situation by having at the bare minimum 3 matches played each week, though obviously having all 5 matches played is preferable. This clause exists because it's flat out ridiculous if a team can't play more than half of their matches every week. [This rule is making it's return from CAPTT I. It's never had to be activated before and let's keep it that way. Note that this clause do NOT impact a matchup where it is clear that one team deserves multiple activity wins. This clause is reserved for when there's no appropriate contact between multiple sets of opponents between two teams. Again, the clause has never had to be activated in the past and this is more of a harsh deterrent against lack of scheduling.]

-Ghosting is not allowed, nor is any form of psuedo ghosting. Giving advice to a teammate or friend while they are playing a CAPTT match is not allowed. Planning any sort of schedule to ghost is not allowed. Any ghosting or planned ghosting that is found out will result in the offending team automatically losing the week. If a team is found to have ghosted in at least 2 weeks, they will be disqualified from the tournament and the offending captain and/or players might face bans from future CAP meta tournaments. "Public Ghosting" is not allowed either and any offenders will meet immediate and harsh punishment.

-Try to have good sportsmanship and don't be a dick. Poor sportsmanship may result in being kicked from the tournament.

-In the event of a disconnect/timeout, the offending player should show proof that the disconnect was genuine. Acceptable proof would include a photographic picture of your computer's disconnect message or blue screen or whatnot with enough external variation to assume you just didn't google the image or whatever. If the proof of the disconnect is determined to be valid and both players have submitted their teams in a spot the hosts have access to prior to their match, then the match should try to be recreated as close as humanly possible to the way it was at the point of the disconnect (this is the most preferable method-- using server leaders/admins might help in this if they are available and willing). Having neutral parties start with the original teams and giving the original players player status at the start of the match should be done if the same teams are used, since this prevents team changes from being made. In such a case, EpicUmbreon or HeaLnDeaL should retrieve the teams from the team conversation if available, since a good team has them posted before each match for review anyway. If the player that disconnects does not have a valid copy of their team submitted, then that player does not have the ability to recreate the match and they will lose the matchup if their opponent wishes. In extra-ordinary situations that do not follow the above "best practices" then EpicUmbreon and HeaLnDeaL will decide how to best move forward and may consult other smogon tournament leaders as applicable.

Week 1 (COMPLETED):
Revenankhs(4)
vs Arghonauts(1)
Volkrakens(1) vs Pyroaks(4)
Reverbells(2) vs Pajantoms(3)

Week 2 (COMPLETED):
Revenankhs(1) vs Pajantoms(4)
Reverbells(2) vs Pyroaks(3)
Arghonauts(4)
vs Volkrakens(1)

Week 3:
Revenankhs vs Volkrakens
Arghonauts vs Reverbells
Pajantoms vs Pyroaks

Week 4:
Revenankhs vs Pyroaks
Reverbells vs Volkrakens
Pajantoms vs Arghonauts

Week 5:
Reverbells vs Revenanks
Pajantoms vs Volkrakens
Pyroaks vs Arghonauts

Last edited:

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Oboy its time for predictions

REVS V KRAKENS
hoblaph vs DetroitLolcat I love my buddy hoblaph. He's such a chill dude man. But I have a feeling that DLC will come out on top for this matchup just because of mistakes I've seen hoblaph make. Still rooting for hoblaph tho.
DoW vs reachzero reach has been struggling so far in this CAPTT and I don't know if he'll get out of his funk in time. Rather play it safe.
Gross Sweep vs Cairill. Cool dude for doing draft but I don't think Cairill is alive lol. Even still he's facing the awesome Gross Sweep, so I think I already know who will win.
Drew vs ItzViper482 The two CAPLC titans who rocked last CAPTT. I don't know what to expect from them, and I sure as hell don't know whose going to win. Good luck to both!
cbrevan vs Takes Azelfie Real unfortunate what happened last week but I doubt it will happen again. cbrevan will be coming back at full force and I'm not sure his opponent will be able to stop him.

ARGHS V REVERBELLS
Trace
vs Hys Hys is a good dude but Trace has been on a mad winning streak so far, and I'm just going with the safe bet.
Snorlax in the way vs Escoffier snor just retired from mons for real, and did you see that cloyster team? Only making the obvious choice. Jokes aside, I still think Escoff has the better shot since snor can be somewhat predictable when it comes to battling.
Jordy vs Deku Prince :pregnant_man:
innovamania vs fatty Don't know the matchup :/
Finchinator vs Confide W1 was a fluke, we all know it. It'd be wrong to oppose the inevitable.

Pajs' otherwise 5-0, go team!

USM: hoblaph v DetroitLolcat - just like the lioncats i wont be surprised when you drop the game to hoop boop
USM: DoW v reachzero - better reach some wins
USM: Gross Sweep v Cairill - is cairill back in town yet
CAPLC: Drew v ItzViper482 - actually predicting properly for once
ORAS: cbrevan v Take Azelfie - check your Evs old man

USM: Trace v Hys - trace is hot with it
USM: Snorlax in the way v Escoffier - im not hot with it but how can i not predict myself for this goat team
USM: Jordy v Deku Prince - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7cap-785844614 go to turn 34 and take a shot everytime he could SG and win
CAPLC: innovamania v fatty - inGoat
ORAS: Finchinator v Confide - ITS FINK DUMBASS

USM: SHSP v Heaven Jay - i think this is super close and shsp could win but im picking heaven jay to make him mad
USM: Dj Breloominati♬ v Mx - Argentina > India
USM: LucarioOfLegends v Marjane - you know its really annoying if you bold the name and go to type after it thats its still bolded; i have to unbold my dash everytime i go to put my explanation on the right side
CAPLC: taranteeeno v Plas - shsp seems to like him
ORAS: EternalSnowman v Wenderz - mini heaven jay + ESM hasnt played a real game yet

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
lets go pajantoms, 3-0 is in our grasp here, gonna be a hell of a series, GL roaks!

Standings n records

Some fun predicts:

Revenankhs vs Volkrakens
Hoblaph vs DetroitLolcat: DLC’s been one of the best performers on that team so far, expecting him to keep it up
DoW vs Reachzero: after an unlucky game last week I think Reach finally secures a W
Gross Sweep vs Carill: i’m not high on Carill at all
Drew vs ItzViper482: goddamn I can’t predict LC for shit can I
Cbrevan vs Take Azelfie: CB will bounce back from some mistakes in the builder last week

Arghonauts vs Reverbells
Trace vs Hys: another close one but it’s hard to bet against 2-0
Snorlax_in_the_way vs Escoffier: close game but retirement boost might help out, also might help if snor doesn’t bring garb
Jordy vs Deku Prince: i think Jordy takes it but damn this is gonna be close, i’m super high on Deku
Innovomania vs Fatty: who the hell knows i’m leaning inno but we don’t even have week 2 games finished to base off of
Finchinator vs Confide: hard to bet against Finch but if there’s a week where he drops it’s this, i remember CAPTT2 confide

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Regarding Gen6 Aurumoth and Illusion:

Last Saturday night, Illusion Aurumoth was brought up as a potential ban for the tournament. This was brought up roughly 28 hours before the end of week 2, and received what appeared to be a fair amount of support. However, due to the concerns being brought up so late in the week, Epic and I thought that it would be too hasty for us to make a decision so very soon, as any dissenters did not have the time to properly comment. Some might imagine that playing Gen6 CAP in CAPTT would be like playing it how the meta actually existed, which includes Illusion Aurumoth. Others might imagine that even past metagames should update their tierlists. Historically, CAP has never had the power to change any of its tierlist, as it lacks a Council or any way at all of doing suspect tests. Still, I realize that this does beg a question that is important to the state of past CAP metagames and this tournament.

If you want to have a gentleman's agreement to not use Aurumoth with illusion, that's up to you, and we'll shame (and strike wins away from) anyone who agrees to it but then falls back on it. We will consider future productive discussion on this matter, but it is simply too early for us to outright ban Aurumoth from CAPTT this week, when so little time has passed since the proposal came about. Changing the rules in the middle of a game can be seen as unfair, and we want people to have ample time to discuss and agree to rule changes rather than making a quick-trigger decision based on a few posts. The status of Illusion Aurumoth in Gen6 and it's stark advantages have been known much before the tournament's start, and none of the tournament's organizers (including all of the CAPtains and Assistant Managers) mentioned changing Gen6 banlists during this tournament. Changing rules is sometimes needed when unforeseen problems arise, but this instance didn't seem to warrant an immediate official banning of Illusion Aurumoth due to just how recently the issue was brought up, and we think having a bit more time is better than changing rules on a 28 hour whim.

There is also a semi-related matter of Reflect/Earth Power Tomohawk. Though no one has directly called for these moves to be banned from Tomohawk in CAP gen6, these moves were effectively banned from Tomohawk during gen7 through updates, which is the same method that Aurumoth lost Illusion. We must also at least acknowledge the reasons WHY the update changes only impacted Gen7 and not Gen6. The Update process was, by design, meant to leave the Gen6 metagame intact. Would banning Illusion Aurumoth from Gen6 in CAPTT go against these intentions? Or should the needs of the tournament go above the intent of CAP updates? Respectful discussion on the subject is allowed, but in the current state we cannot outright ban Gen6 Illusion Aurumoth for Week 3 due to how late into Week 2 this issue was brought up.

A. illusion plus set up is dumb
B. 28 hours is plenty of time to respond if you hate it
C. something as polarizing as aurumoth should have been brought up as a community mr. sub rule
D. illusion was removed because it was uncompetitive so why not just remove it here like cawdet from cap lc (what a project that is)
E. Why have a gentlemen's agreement and enforce it so heavily when you can just make an official rule like a normal person, we're not aldaron.

- Snorlax in the way

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
cbrevan Can we gentlemen's agreement to both play Moth... BUT ONLY if we allow Primal Groudon in order to keep it in check, but we also have to ban Cloud Nine Golduck because then that would be unfair since Groudon would have no reason to play. Also can we use Mega Lucario? I really like that mon and its super cool1!!!. Of course we can add some other things like removing species clause but let's get as far as the basics before we continue on with this discussion.

Do you guys really wants to disscus about gen 6 auru even isn't that a great and in a high level tournament you should know what runs and is pretty easy to beat auru xD

Do you guys really wants to disscus about gen 6 auru even isn't that a great and in a high level tournament you should know what runs and is pretty easy to beat auru xD
thinking auru is not great is about as dumb as me saying shadow tag is healthy. Theres a reason we removed illusion during the jump to gen 7. Even still, you may guess its set correctly despite its vast movepool, but you cant hit what you cant see. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DoW

formally Death on Wings
reachzero didn't turn up after an hour and a half - Claiming activity, but I'm happy to reschedule or play a sub tomorrow, instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)