SS OU CB Braviary No.1 peak

Hello everyone, my name is devin. I peaked no.1 on the ou ladder a few days ago, and I wanted to share the team with you guys. This is my first ever rmt, so it might not be as good, but ima try!
Proof Of the Peak:

peak.jpg

:braviary:
Code:
Braviary @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Shadow Claw
- Close Combat
- U-turn
I wanted to build around a certain mon that not everyone uses and that could do well in a metagame filled with Toxapexs and Seismitoads, so I decided to use one of my favorite pokemon, Braviary. I used a choice band breaker set, and went with adamant to be able to 2hko the aforementioned Toxapex:
252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 166-196 (54.6 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
and Seismitoad:
252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Seismitoad: 268-316 (64.7 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

:dugtrio:
Code:
Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Happiness: 160
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Screech
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Reversal
The next mon I went with was Dugtrio. Dugtrio is really good right now because Arena Trap is allowed and thus could trap mons such as Toxtricity, Toxapex, Tyranitar, and Cinderace (unless its the rare scarf). Screech is ran as it can nearly always guarentee a kill on a mon after a screech and screech+reversal can put a lot of work in.

:lucario:
Code:
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot

A bit of an unconventional mon here, but it works out on this team as I had a big issue with Bisharp. It can also NP up and OHKO Hydreigon. This set gets walled by Aegislash, but you have a Dugtrio for that.

:corviknight:
Code:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
The next mon I added was Corviknight. The reason I have another flying type is because it is very useful as a pivot against Specs Dragapult's Shadow Ball and can function well as a mixed well in general. It is also the defogger of the team. It covers the Excadrill Sand weakness the team had as you can u-turn out into Lucario to OHKO it. U-Turn also provies lots of momentum and brave bird is a good STAB attack that can hit non-resisted mons for solid chip.

:dragapult:
Code:
Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
The 5th mon I decided to add was a scarfer, Dragapult, as it is one of my fave scarf mons this gen, hitting 574 speed, thus being able to outspeed and revenge nearly the entire meta. I added it to the team, because at the time, G-Darmanitan was running rampant and I wanted to be able to revenge/check it. I went with modest to do more damage as I didn't get the specs boost.

:hatterene:
Code:
Hatterene-Gmax @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Trick Room
Last but not least, we have Hatterene. It is able to 'get rocks up' with magic bounce and is why we don't have a rocker. You might wonder why it is trick room, and that is because it is an end game resort/cleaner, as it can nearly always take a hit and then start going off with it's special attack. Braviary is also slower than a lot of the metagame, so it can benefit of TR late game as well. Leftovers can be swapped with LO for extra damage.

Threatlist:
BU Corviknight is one of the main threats as it can set up on and sweep this team. You can chip it with Lucario and then revenge it with Dragapult
Cinderace can be annoying, you just need to preserve dugtrio in order to revenge kill it
Dracovish is also annoying, but you can use Dragapult to revenge it

SHOUTOUTS: To my squad [FRS] and sacred for help with this post.

brav.png
dug.pngcorvi.pngdrag.pnglucario.pnghatterne.png

Code:
Braviary @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Shadow Claw
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Happiness: 160
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Screech
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Reversal

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot

Hatterene-Gmax @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Trick Room

Last edited:
For the scarfer I think Hydreigon can be a good choice now. Compared to Draga, they almost share the same skill pool as a scarfer while Hydre has higher SpA. Shadow Ball is better than Dark Pulse since it can hit fairymons but still can't deal too much dmg against Clefable or Sylveon.

Draga is great for its immunity to fight and normal so it can perfectly check Conk unless it runs earthquake. Hydre is immune to ground type which makes it solid against Sand Rush Excadrill, a threat to your team as you mentioned. (Corviknight may be good enough against Excadrill)

Hope it works for your team.

Aegislash can't be trapped by Dugtrio (Ghost-types are immune to trapping), so your NP Lucario set is going to have a hard time dealing with it. imo, SD Lucario would be better since it'll have Earthquake to deal with Aegislash and Toxapex. Bullet Punch can be used to revenge kill faster Ghost types like Dragapult and Gengar.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

For the scarfer I think Hydreigon can be a good choice now. Compared to Draga, they almost share the same skill pool as a scarfer while Hydre has higher SpA. Shadow Ball is better than Dark Pulse since it can hit fairymons but still can't deal too much dmg against Clefable or Sylveon.

Draga is great for its immunity to fight and normal so it can perfectly check Conk unless it runs earthquake. Hydre is immune to ground type which makes it solid against Sand Rush Excadrill, a threat to your team as you mentioned. (Corviknight may be good enough against Excadrill)

Hope it works for your team.
Alright I am gonna try what u said

Aegislash can't be trapped by Dugtrio (Ghost-types are immune to trapping), so your NP Lucario set is going to have a hard time dealing with it. imo, SD Lucario would be better since it'll have Earthquake to deal with Aegislash and Toxapex. Bullet Punch can be used to revenge kill faster Ghost types like Dragapult and Gengar.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
Honestly I have tried this set, it works great but the NP set puts in more work. Thank you for the suggestion tho, I already had another version of the team with that set!

Ok, the moment I saw the team, I was like "This is fire!" I am going to use this team in my next video to feature it! Is there a reason that you are using scarf dragapult instead of specs dragapult? Because its like you said, Galar-Darm is banned now, so what does scarf dragapult outspeed aside from non-scarfed dragapults your opponent may use?

Ok, the moment I saw the team, I was like "This is fire!" I am going to use this team in my next video to feature it! Is there a reason that you are using scarf dragapult instead of specs dragapult? Because its like you said, Galar-Darm is banned now, so what does scarf dragapult outspeed aside from non-scarfed dragapults your opponent may use?
please do give credit! So basically scarf dragapult is still there because it revenge kills alot of setup mons, for example kings rock shellsmash cloyster, and stuff. it outspeeds alot of setup mons even still

please do give credit! So basically scarf dragapult is still there because it revenge kills alot of setup mons, for example kings rock shellsmash cloyster, and stuff. it outspeeds alot of setup mons even still
I always do! And that makes sense, I have high expectations for it to put in some work! I will post the video to this forum once I upload the video, should be within the next couple of days. :)

Alright, the video is below. I really liked the team! The most amazing oart of it was that I was able to OHKO Clefable with bravebird (hence the name of the video). There is some really good team synergy here. I also forgot that lucario does not get justified, so ignore that XD. Also, i liked pressure more than mirror armor corviknight, because as you can see in one of the battles, I was able to stall out my opponents team. I also stated that the team has a problem with toxapex, but really you have two answers, which are dugtrio and hatterene. Bisharp was a bit difficult to handle too, but overall the team performed great! Awesome team, good job!

Alright, the video is below. I really liked the team! The most amazing oart of it was that I was able to OHKO Clefable with bravebird (hence the name of the video). There is some really good team synergy here. I also forgot that lucario does not get justified, so ignore that XD. Also, i liked pressure more than mirror armor corviknight, because as you can see in one of the battles, I was able to stall out my opponents team. I also stated that the team has a problem with toxapex, but really you have two answers, which are dugtrio and hatterene. Bisharp was a bit difficult to handle too, but overall the team performed great! Awesome team, good job!

thanks alot for the review man, ima try and change this team up a bit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)