Ceruledge, baxcalibur Veil HO (Peaked #10)

Slikkles

formerly Slaty fildrong
is a Tiering Contributor
1694815418187.png
1694813915354.png
1694814516846.png
1694815275229.png
1694815095802.png
1694815012703.png

If you are too lazy to read, the team is on this link
Proof
(Yes my showdown name is Slikkles since it sounds cooler but on this account I am closer to have a badge for suspect tests)
1694814540384.png

Team presentation
Hello everyone, first time posting here, so my apologies if it looks ugly different. DLC dropped a few days ago, so I decided to make a team and see if I can climb the ladder. I have a reputation of being a trash teabuilder, but this time I cooked. Since I hate skill, I built an HO which is supposed to be the most braindead and put the most pressure possible. So let's get into it.

Ps : thanks to waytoopetty for inspiring me on how to make this look decent.
1694792775246.png
1694815433248.png
1694792775246.png

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Freeze-Dry
- Hypnosis​

The team is built around Aurora Veil. :Ninetales-Alola: is a very helpful mon using it's amazing support moovepool to help it's teammates to sweep or at least do massive damage. I use it full HP and speed to be able to put veil even in front of :Enamorus: and can tank surprisingly well thanks to the boost in defense and can even stall a bit against monsters like :Baxcalibur: or :Great Tusk:. Freeze Dry is used to hit :Toxapex: and :Dondozo: who would otherwise be able to come in for free and either put hazards, set up or recover their hp. Hypnosis is there for a 4th moove and to maybe cheese thanks to the fact that sleeping is broken. Tera water is there because you need a tera.
1694796466894.png
1694813915354.png
1694796479858.png

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Ice Body
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake​

The Truck is one of the biggest threats in the meta thanks to the addition of Scale shot. It is used as a sweeper or wall breaker that can very easily spin out of control. It can set up against so many mons thanks to :Ninetales-Alola: snow giving it a defense boost, aurora veil and ice body making it have a pseudo poison heal. Barely anything come in safely besides:Dondozo: and :Ninetales-Alola: making it very dangerous. Plus, thanks to ice body it can switch out once or even twice to have an other chance to sweep since it put so much pressure on the opposing teams. Loaded dice makes Bax abuse scale shot and icicle spear to at least have a 100 BP STAB. Tera ground is used to make EQ more powerfull and to set up on otherwise revenge killers such as :Iron Valiant:, :Dragapult: and :Sneasler:.

1694797678048.png
1694814516846.png
1694797678048.png

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics​

Roaring Moon got a huge but with the addition of Knock off to it's moovepool making it hit like a truck with booster energy. Thanks to veil, it can set up with ease And do huge damage and blow holes. It can even tera to get the kill easier or do more damage to stall mons like :Dondozo:, :Gliscor:, :Clefable: while getting a resistance to fighting and bug while loosing the fairy weakness. It is play jolly to outspeed booster valiant without needing to tera. It doesn't need to tera to do the job especially since :Kingambit: can reveng kill it with sucker punch due to its mediocre defense. Other than that it's the same old Roaring Moon.

1694798648513.png
1694815259932.png
1694798664397.png

Ceruledge @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poltergeist
- Bitter Blade
- Shadow Sneak​

With the addition of Poltergeist to it's moovepool, Ceruledge once again becomes an interesting mon thanks to it's typing meaning it can counter Ogerpon-Hearthflame, :Iron Valiant: and abuses the huge numbers of physical attackers thanks to weak armor. It uses tera ghost to have a huge damage output meaning it usually OHKO even defensive mons except if your name is :Dondozo:. :Kingambit: is a problem but you just have to outskill with shadow sneak which does 30% to bulky gambit after and sd and tera.
1694798648513.png
1694815119377.png
1694798648513.png

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball

This is the standard set for suicide lead Glim. Thanks to its ability, Glimmora can punish offensif rockers like :Garchomp:, :Ting Lu:, :Samurott-Hisui:, :Great Tusk: etc. At max speed, it can set up hazards and threaten special attacking mon that are not too fast and that doesn't want to come in such as :Gholdengo:and :Heatran:. Its main goal is to prevent rocks since :Ninetales-Alola: want all the hp it can get and :Ceruledge: want to keep it sash. :Corviknight: is not very popular so no need to have a moove to hit it. Energy ball is for :Gliscor:, :Great Tusk:, :Samurott-Hisui: as well as to destroy the balloon from :Gholdengo: and :Heatran:. Earth Power is for the steels, :Sandy Shocks:, :Slowking-Galar and :Toxapex:. Tera ghost is for anti spin in some certain MU were you really want hazards.

1694797678048.png
1694814988150.png
1694797678048.png

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond
- Knock Off​

Iron Valiant is there to not get 6-0 by :Dondozo: as well as other physical walls such as :Alomomola: who can be annoying. Thunderbolt is for those said mons as well as for :Corviknight:, :Tornadus-Therian: and :Toxapex:. Moonblast is a powerfull stab to hit the dragons such as :Dragapult: and :Baxcalibur: but also for the darks like :Greninja: Knock off is used for :Gholdengo:, :Blissey: as well as to remove objects like HDB Destiny bond can make you trade Valiant for an annoying defensive stall mon like :Tornadus-Therian: or a set up sweeper like a + speed :Baxcalibur:.

Tips and Tricks:​

This team is on a timer and has to win very quickly. Hard reads, double switchs and never letting the pressure down is what will make you win.

You will nearly always lead with glimmora and trying to put you hazards up while negating the opponents rocks. :Ninetailes-Alola: is usually the play but you can start setting up roaring moon if you find an opening. You can beat other weathers with :Ninetales-Alola: if you manage to get up rocks and freez-dry OHKO :Pelliper: while doing decent damage to :Torkoal:, then you can just switch to :Ceruledge: for a safe play and bitter blade if he did damage.

:Kingambit: will be a bit tricky but with destiny bond from :Iron Valiant: and Eq from :Baxcalibur: and :Roaring Moon: you can manage to KO it.

Weaknesses:​

Stall is a huge problem as the combo of :Dondozo:, :Toxapex:, :Alomomola: can be very hard to pass and will require aggressive and very risky plays. The MU is around 75-25 for stall.

:Iron Valiant: has to be on your watchlist as it can quickly become a problem. Tera can be necessary to beat it.

Trick room is ggs.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1944023787-pjbvty5l6kcxnxt7as0kb4ncspu80tapw VS Stall (opponent is top 1 ladder)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1943083996-7fc9lnx4vol7qwa6a8b4irn9b0loml6pw VS Stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1943047696-67xpdbv6g0dwiyi1r86fcx1pw9uxsj1pw VS Offense (Player from the World Cup for the UK)

Last edited:
W MANZ (yall know my formatting is good)

Anyways, nice team I have been struggling to get the ball rolling in the dlc (only peaked like 1789 F) so i'll try this out to hopefully get higher.

P.S. I'm having trouble using moon, should I swap it for gren?

Last edited:
Cool team. I just want to point out that Knock Off on Moon can potentially cause a problem with Ceruledge’s Poltergeist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)