Tournament Challenge Cup Cup - Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's finally here, the final round of the second Challenge Cup Cup! Once again, a huge thank you to everyone involved in this project so far, and a big congrats to every player in the tournament, especially our finalists on Team Surskit and Team Combee!

General Tournament Rules
  • Scheduling: Attempt to contact your opponent by posting on their Smogon profile as soon as possible. It is strongly advised to schedule publicly there on Smogon so the host can make any necessary activity calls. If you cannot get in contact with your opponent, inform the host in this thread so we can make any necessary substitution. If you have made no visible contact, the host may substitute you out for another player.
  • Timer Clause and Disconnections: The timer is not required to be on during games; however, if the timer is on and a player runs out of time, their opponent wins the game via timeout. If a player disconnects and thus times out, this also counts as a loss for the player who disconnected.
  • Don't ghost
  • Please save and post replays!!!

Finals Matchups:

Team Combee vs Team Surskit
BO7 CC1v1 - juano vs Aura
BO5 CC1v1 - Dybala jr vs Altarias
BO5 CC1v1 - RacsoZeta vs Squirtell 1v1
BO5 CC1v1 - ClaudioINK58 vs VerdantHunter
BO7 CC2v2 - Pujo vs Legendary
BO5 CC2v2 - karloco vs LoSconosciuto
BO5 CC2v2 - Fivell vs Blaz
BO3 CC6v6 - Luchik vs Shadowss4
BO3 CC6v6 - Kipkluif vs JonahRamone
BO3 G1CC - za vs MultiAmmiratore
BO3 CC10b6 - Lunar Sloth vs javitu

3rd-Place Matchups:

Team Bunnelby vs Team Slakoth
BO7 CC1v1 - Robb576 vs ajhockeystar
BO5 CC1v1 - bea vs Emboar02
BO5 CC1v1 - Aeonic vs Mitsuki
BO5 CC1v1 - Grillo vs Yes or no my dude
BO7 CC2v2 - Elgino10 vs Petros
BO5 CC2v2 - Andy Snype vs Henka
BO5 CC2v2 - Caspell vs ForgottenOnes
BO3 CC6v6 - BritU vs raf
BO3 CC6v6 - Panty&Stockings vs Gray
BO3 G1CC - Sylveon used calm mind vs jamica speedboat
BO3 CC10b6 - My Big Diggersby vs WeepingDevil

For those playing Inverse Challenge Cup Bring 10 pick 6 this week, you can play the format by challenging your opponent by typing this code in any Showdown chat room:
/challenge username, gen8challengecup@@@maxteamsize=10,pickedteamsize=6

Or by entering this code in a PM with your opponent:
/challenge gen8challengecup@@@maxteamsize=10,pickedteamsize=6

We now have standings thanks to our wonderful community!

CCC Team + Individual Standings, thanks to snorlax142857 (with credit to the RBTT Spreadsheet team)
CCC Team Standings, thanks to Henka!

The deadline for Finals will be Sunday June 6th at 11:59 PM GMT -4
Thank you all again for helping make this tournament successful, and be sure to hang around in the discord for upcoming tournament awards!

gl all teams may the rng gods be with you!

Team Combee (5) vs Team Surskit (6) - i don't really want to predict against either team but A is a good letter so might as well
BO7 CC1v1 - juano vs Aura - juano should get most games played (56), so he'll win this 4-3
BO5 CC1v1 - Dybala jr vs Altarias - hope there are no ice moves
BO5 CC1v1 - RacsoZeta vs Squirtell 1v1 - Zeta is still undefeated, definitely should've been drafted earlier
BO5 CC1v1 - ClaudioINK58 vs VerdantHunter - ink clouds up a hunter's view... right?
BO7 CC2v2 - Pujo vs Legendary - is legendary
BO5 CC2v2 - karloco vs LoSconosciuto - could go either way but we'll see some high iq dubs strats
BO5 CC2v2 - Fivell vs Blaz - this is a bo5, and two L's make a W, so the conclusion is obvious
BO3 CC6v6 - Luchik vs Shadowss4 - bork
BO3 CC6v6 - Kipkluif vs JonahRamone - bork
BO3 G1CC - za vs MultiAmmiratore - hoop hoop
BO3 CC10b6 - Lunar Sloth vs javitu - sloth might be slacking off

Team Bunnelby (7) vs Team Slakoth (4) - i'm too lazy to justify these predictions oops
BO7 CC1v1 - Robb576 vs ajhockeystar
BO5 CC1v1 - bea vs Emboar02
BO5 CC1v1 - Aeonic vs Mitsuki
BO5 CC1v1 - Grillo vs Yes or no my dude
BO7 CC2v2 - Elgino10 vs Petros (already happened)
BO5 CC2v2 - Andy Snype vs Henka
BO5 CC2v2 - Caspell vs ForgottenOnes
BO3 CC6v6 - BritU vs raf
BO3 CC6v6 - Panty&Stockings vs Gra
BO3 G1CC - Sylveon used calm mind vs jamica speedboat
BO3 CC10b6 - My Big Diggersby vs WeepingDevil

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
won in 5 ggs, might aswell give out my thought process
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8challengecup1v1-1347831587 0-1 (Had blizzard on my artcovish trying to beat the latios pick)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8challengecup1v1-1347832612 1-1 (my best choice in my team to do my beat against his team)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8challengecup1v1-1347833827 2-1 (went togepi into the katana pick)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8challengecup1v1-1347834409 2-2 (had eq and dragon pulse to do my best against his team)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8challengecup1v1-1347834992 3-2 (went whiscash into the mudsdale)

4 more we got this

Fivell

Banned deucer.
Won in 4 vs Blaz, good games!
g1
g2
g3
g4

Now that I'm done with my (very first) season of CCC, I can say that this tour was really hella fun and I enjoyed everything about it, from the gameplay itself to the general mood and the people. You're all wonderful and I can't wait to see everyone in CCC 3!

All that's left for me to say is: LET'S GO AND GET THIS LAST W TEAM COMBEE

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Okay, time to multitag. Didnt do this for Rbtt cause I wasnt badged so this should be fun

When my friend not a racist asked me if I wanted to manager a team for the bizarre CCC2, a tour hosted with the equally fantastic My Big Diggersby, I was hyped AF. Im grateful with both of them for thinking on me as an option for managing.

My happiness was even greater when another amazing friend, Pujo, accepted being my co! I was totally expecting him to hop on the BEE train and he didnt dissapoint, doing amazingly on the draft and on his matches.

What I did not expect is to draft not only a team full of goats, but a team full of great users! The bees were a lot of fun every day:
za the gen 1 goat, bringing the polemics and the shitposting to the chat
Lunar Sloth the CC monster that clutched the last game on a fantastic series. You are something else
Dybala jr thanks for all the gifs and never letting the hype to stop. You are still a clown tho.
juano the CC1v1 monster, played more than 50 matches to bring the Cup home
ClaudioINK58 you didnt dissapoint one bit, dont let anyone call you traitor again or theyll see my fists
RacsoZeta you rambled one hour on my PMs during draft while I was trying to find a way to tell you I wasnt going to get you. You clutched in as our last pick and went 5-0. Gosh i love being wrong
Fivell holy damn you brought one of the most amazing team spirit ive seen in a while, and at the same time you stomped the competition every match
CMDoge love ya man, thanks for destroying it :dorime:
Lionyx always ready to play and get the job done wherever we needed you, twas amazing having you here
Kipkluif from 6v6 to 2v2, you brought everything you had, including clutching us a week after being 5-5. Goat teammate and person indeed
karloco glad to have you on a team again, and this time all the way till the W! You are amazing, never change
Finally a great friend of mine from the Argentina team Luchik, it was amazing having you on the Rands community, please never leave us, it was a blast y encima la rompiste!

Finally, props to all the managers for an amazing tour, and thanks again to the hosts, it was very fun! Cant wait for CCC3!

BZZZZZZZZZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)