Chandelure

AWWWWWWWWWWWW. Does this mean none of the 5th gen dream world abilities are out!?
None except Darmitan and Munna since they're ingame; the rest can't actually be obtained since they don't have the proper overworld sprites that are used by other pokes for dream world stuff; they'd only be in a 3rd game or in an event.

Nope. With the exception of Zen Mode Darmanitan and Telepathy Musharna, since they're in-game at the Desert Resort and the Dream Yard, respectively, no other Gen V DW abilities are out as of yet.

EDIT: Curse thee, ninja...

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Modest + Flash Fire
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP
Flame Charge
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball

Pretty self-explanatory, I use Flamethrower myself.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Flame Charge is merely to raise Chandelure's Speed by one stage, so it wont be revenge-killed as easily and keep on dishing hard damage. Flamethrower / Fire Blast is its main STAB move.

Flame Charge is also a physical move, to Chandelure it's nothing more than a mini agility because it won't deal any damage despite STAB.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
I ran that set but with LO over the sash. Flash Fire Chandelure IS threatening enough to force switches, which is also something that heatran is capable of when running the flame charge set too. Chandy also isn't super frail, as its slightly bulkier than Starmie.

If not for the SR weakness, I'd try a more defensive oriented set with pain split. But let's face it, SR just keeps some pokemon from being walls (Rotom-h, fourth gen regice).

My moveset is:
Chandelure w/ Leftovers
Hasty + Flash Fire
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP
Hex
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Inferno
I like to abuse the burn from inferno with hex to get a nice stab.

My moveset is:
Chandelure w/ Leftovers
Hasty + Flash Fire
252 SpA/252 Spd/6 HP
Hex
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Inferno
I like to abuse the burn from inferno with hex to get a nice stab.

Why are you using Hasty? Use Timid.
Why are you even using Inferno? It has 50% accuracy and if you want a burn you might as well use Will-O-Wisp.

Why are you using Hasty? Use Timid.
Why are you even using Inferno? It has 50% accuracy and if you want a burn you might as well use Will-O-Wisp.
Will-O-Wisp still has a pretty high chance of missing (literally, the difference between 50% accuracy and 75% in this game is the same) but I'm not saying Inferno is the best route. The best route for Hex abuse is easily Toxic Spikes though. So to the Hex guy, if you want some nice faithful status effect, go for T Spikes. :)

Will-O-Wisp still has a pretty high chance of missing (literally, the difference between 50% accuracy and 75% in this game is the same) but I'm not saying Inferno is the best route. The best route for Hex abuse is easily Toxic Spikes though. So to the Hex guy, if you want some nice faithful status effect, go for T Spikes. :)
literally the difference between 50% and 75% in this game is the same? literally?

also, is it just me.. or does Chandelure just seem severly underwhelming.

im on the recieving end of Chandelure's hits. Maybe just haven't faced anyone dominant with it [basically because the metageme is so new still.]

literally the difference between 50% and 75% in this game is the same? literally?

also, is it just me.. or does Chandelure just seem severly underwhelming.
Do you like not play this game? Frigging Hydro Pump can miss 5 times in a row. Draco Meteor misses like EVERY match. I saved a replay where I missed Leaf Storm 3 turns in a row and my opponent missed Draco Meteor 3 times in a row in the SAME match. RNG....is RNG. You could have a 1% chance to hit and it'd hit 50 times in a row. If its less than 100% chance to hit, you're gambling big time.

I know this is nitpicking, but no, Inferno and Will-O-Wisp do not literally have the same accuracy. Literally means strictly or actually.

None except Darmitan and Munna since they're ingame; the rest can't actually be obtained since they don't have the proper overworld sprites that are used by other pokes for dream world stuff; they'd only be in a 3rd game or in an event.
Technically, couldn't Monmen, Petilil, and Miniccio be given their DW abilities, as they have overworlds?

Not that any of those would be used with their DW abilities other than Miniccio.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
The rules for being banned are as follows.

You can't possibly be banned if you lose to tyranitar (Latios, Chandelure, deoxys, etc).
If Tyranitar CAN'T reliably counter you, then you're sent to ubers. (Blaziken, garchomp, etc).

On a serious note, all of the players who actually know anything about the dreamworld metagame will know to ban shadow tag chandelure once it hits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)