Done Change Shell Side Arm description to something better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not mentioning that it becomes a contact move may be worth it to get a clearer short description. I glanced at that short description and assumed it was something related to how much damage the user receives from some attack.

e.g.
20% Poison. Physical if that would boost damage.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
"Physical+contact or Special, whichever is higher damage", too bad that doesn't fit. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I know the /data descriptions are meant to be short, but this is very confusing and misleading lol.

View attachment 262635
Do you have an actual suggestion to make? It would help to know what exactly you think is confusing and misleading about it.

Also consider that you have exactly this much space to write something coherent:
shellsidearm.png

maybe abbreviating to phys. and spec. , respectively would allow more room
"20% poison. Phys.+Contact or Spec., chooses higher damage"

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you're OK with not mentioning poison chance, this should fit.
"Picks most damaging of Phys+Contact or Spc."

If you want to mention poison chance and contact, this is the best I could come up with.
"20% psn. Phys+Contact if that damages more."

If you want to mention poison, physical, and special attack possibility,
"20% psn. Picks stronger of Phys+Contact, Spc."

If you don't want to use "psn",
"20% Poison. Phys+Contact if would be stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)