move 3: Earthquake / Iron Head
move 4: Dragon Claw
item: Choice Band
ability: Protosynthesis
nature: Jolly
evs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
tera type: Dark / Steel / Fairy

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Earthquake lets Roaring Moon break past Pokemon that would otherwise check it, like Garganacl, Toxapex, and especially Kingambit.
  • Iron Head lets Roaring Moon hit Fairy-types like Iron Valiant and Tera Fairy Garganacl and Skeledirge super effectively.
  • U-turn lets Roaring Moon generate offensive momentum for its team and is especially useful against targets Roaring Moon scares out, like Skeledirge without Tera Fairy and Gholdengo.
  • The given EVs and a Jolly nature ensure Roaring Moon's Speed is boosted in sunlight, letting it get the jump on crucial threats like unboosted non-Choice Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon and threaten them with its STAB Dragon Claw. The remaining 36 Special Defense EVs improve Roaring Moon's chances to survive Iron Bundle's Ice Beam after Stealth Rock while giving it a chance to survive Overheat in sun from Modest Choice Specs Chi-Yu.
  • Tera Dark strengthens Roaring Moon's Crunch to the point where it always 2HKOs physically defensive Corviknight and always 3HKOs Dondozo while easing predictions with Earthquake against Garganacl.
  • Tera Steel lets Roaring Moon resist otherwise super effective Ice-, Fairy-, and Dragon-type attacks from the likes of Iron Bundle, Flutter Mane, Koraidon, and Miraidon. Tera Steel also powers up Roaring Moon's Iron Head.
  • Tera Fairy allows Roaring Moon to resist Fighting-type attacks while becoming immune to Dragon-type attacks, letting it defeat Koraidon and Iron Valiant, both of which outspeed and threaten to OHKO Roaring Moon otherwise.
  • Roaring Moon loves the support of Koraidon, as it activates Roaring Moon's Protosynthesis via Orichalcum Pulse and reliably threatens Pokemon such as Koraidon, Miraidon, and Ice-types like Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle. In return, Roaring Moon threatens non-Terastallized Skeledirge.
  • Koraidon and Roaring Moon both struggle with defensive Great Tusk, so they can team up with Iron Bundle and Chien-Pao, which threaten all Great Tusk sets. Iron Bundle and Chien-Pao also threaten Koraidon and Miraidon, with Iron Bundle naturally outspeeding non-Choice Scarf variants and Chien-Pao threatening them with priority Ice Shard.
  • Defensive Great Tusk and Ting-Lu also work well with Roaring Moon, as they can set up entry hazards for Roaring Moon's team and check Koraidon and Miraidon, respectively. Great Tusk in particular can use Rapid Spin, giving Roaring Moon more opportunities to switch in, while Ting-Lu can phaze threatening boosters like Espathra with Whirlwind and set up Spikes.
  • Specially defensive Corviknight can check Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle, both of which outspeed and threaten Roaring Moon, and can Defog hazards away, giving Roaring Moon more opportunities to switch in.
  • Roaring Moon can easily pivot into Chi-Yu, which takes advantage of the sun set by Koraidon and threatens walls like Great Tusk, Corviknight, Ting-Lu, and Terastallized Skeledirge.
  • Gholdengo also makes for a decent partner, as not only does it have perfect defensive synergy with Roaring Moon, but it can also reliably block all common forms of hazard removal. This allows Roaring Moon’s team to keep up hazards, in particular Spikes, for it to eventually break down walls.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[OreoSpeedruns, 597293]]
- Quality checked by: [[Takatk, 595062], [[Aberforth, 249382], [[ox04, 507268]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Aurora, 109385]]

Last edited by a moderator:

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
A shorter one from me, but I’m ready for the QC team to give me their 5-page essays anytime with this one!

I think when talking about Gholdengo you should emphasize more it's ability to keep Spikes up rather than the weaknesses part, since having hazards up allows Roaring Moon to break defensive Pokémon far more easily (aside from boots)
Also, for "targets Roaring Moon scares, like Skeledirge and Gholdengo." and "Roaring Moon threatens Skeledirge for Koraidon" you should mention that it threatens it unless Skeledirge utilizes tera (since it's usually tera fairy)
You can also emphasize more on how it can break defensive mons like Dondozo and even Great Tusk for teammates like Chien-Pao and the already mentioned Scarf Koraidon.
Lastly, I would honestly mention other defensive mons instead of Garganacl since in my opinion breaking Garg isn't that big of a concern for most teams.

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
AMQC so take what you want from this.

[SET]
name: Full [Power] Moon
move 1: Crunch
move 2: U-turn
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Earthquake lets Roaring Moon break past Pokémon that would otherwise check it, like Garganacl, Toxapex, and especially Kingambit. Might be my preference but I would mention Iron Head for helping take on Tera Fairy Skeledirge/Tera Fairy Garganacl/Iron Valiant.
  • U-turn lets Roaring Moon generate offensive momentum for its team, and is especially useful against targets Roaring Moon scares, like Skeledirge without Tera and Gholdengo.
  • Tera Dark strengthens Roaring Moon's Crunch to the point where it always 2HKOs physically defensive Corviknight and always 3HKOs Dondozo, while easing Earthquake predictions against the aforementioned Garganacl. I'd mention Tera Steel or Tera Fairy, since Roaring Moon has trouble taking on Miraidon and Koraidon, even if its Tera Dark (even boots Mirai does a ton on a neutral hit). Tera Fairy is nice because it means you don't have to worry about Dragon- or Fighting-type coverage from Koraidon and Iron Valiant, both of which outspeed this Pokemon and can easily KO it with a super-effective or neutral hit. Being able to Tera to bait in and eliminate these mons really opens up your Koraidon, and is generally a good defensive option thanks to RM's raw special bulk.
  • Roaring Moon loves the support of Choice Scarf Koraidon, as it activates Protosynthesis for Roaring Moon via Orichalcum Pulse, as well as reliably threatening Ice-types like Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle, and the omnipresent Koraidon and Miraidon. I'd probably reword this to Koraidon in general, and then mention Scarf in particular, since SD Koraidon sets also appreciate RM breaking holes in opposing teams. In return, Roaring Moon threatens non-Terastallized Skeledirge for Koraidon. I'd also mention partners that can take on Skeledirge if it terastallizes, as it just beats both Koraidon and RM if it goes Tera Fairy.
  • Ice-types like Iron Bundle and Chien-Pao also threaten the two omnipresent dragons Not sure if this is a QC thing but you probably want to mention them by name here and provide more information (they outspeed RM ... threaten it with their STAB attacks), with Iron Bundle naturally outspeeding them (this is not true for Scarf Koraidon) and Chien-Pao threatening them with priority Ice Shard. This relieves some pressure on Roaring Moon’s team to handle the dragons. Both also threaten Great Tusk, which otherwise walls Roaring Moon. Mention partners such as Ting-Lu and Great Tusk, which can set up entry hazards to help RM wallbreak, take on Miraidon and Koraidon respectively. Great Tusk is also really nice for taking on opposing Tusk and removing entry hazards, letting RM come in more often + switch into Chi-Yu. Also mention Chi-Yu for working well in Sun with Roaring Moon and breaking through Great Tusk + pressuring walls like Corviknight/Ting-Lu, and RM can pivot into Chi-Yu. Also mention SpDef Corviknight for taking on Bundle + Flutter who outspeed RM and threaten to OHKO it, and for being able to defog hazards away.
  • Gholdengo also makes for a decent partner, as not only does it have perfect defensive synergy with Roaring Moon, but Gholdengo can also reliably block all forms of hazard removal, save for the incredibly rare Tidy Up Maushold. I would just not mention Maushold and change the removal part to most forms. Both Gholdengo and RM hate facing offensive tusk, so mention this too. This allows Roaring Moon’s team to keep up many hazards for it to eventually break down walls with the help of hazards, especially Spikes.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1]], [[username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Implement the majority of the above post and it's QC 1/2. Tag me on discord when you have and I'll say official 1/2.

Looks good, 1/2.

Last edited:
I think that you should move the EVs to get a Speed boost from Protosynthesis. This set is otherwise entirely outclassed by Chien-Pao. Getting outsped by everything in addition to being the relative same power level as Chien-Pao, except without the priority and the ability to actually damage Great Tusk is what this set is. However with the Speed boost you don't lose much power while getting the crucial Speed boost. The Speed boost is a unique advantage over Chien-Pao that CB Roaring Moon can provide. Getting the jump on unboosted Koraidon, Miraidon and Bundle is amazing as you can threaten them with meaningful advantage while outspeeding them is something not a lot of mons can do. And if you're looking for more power, this is not the mon you should be resorting to. A physical "wallbreaker" that can only U-turn on Great Tusk is useless without the Speed. For that use this spread:

Roaring Moon @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Honestly, I am not sure what to do with the leftover 36 EVs, but I figured improving the chances for living an Iron Bundle Ice Beam after Rocks, and actually having a shot to live a Modest Specs Chi-Yu Overheat in Sun is your best bet.

Roaring Moon loves the support of Koraidon, as it activates Protosynthesis for Roaring Moon via Orichalcum Pulse, as well as reliably threatening Ice-types like Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle, and the omnipresent Koraidon and Miraidon. In return, Roaring Moon threatens non-Terastallized Skeledirge for Koraidon.
I think you should also add that they both struggle with Great Tusk, it's an important thing to establish if you're using Roaring Moon.

Ice-types like Iron Bundle and Chien-Pao
I think you should change this to: Roaring Moon can also team up with the aformentioned Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle which can also...

QC: 2/2 after implementation.

OreoSpeedruns

is a Tiering Contributor
I think that you should move the EVs to get a Speed boost from Protosynthesis. This set is otherwise entirely outclassed by Chien-Pao. Getting outsped by everything in addition to being the relative same power level as Chien-Pao, except without the priority and the ability to actually damage Great Tusk is what this set is. However with the Speed boost you don't lose much power while getting the crucial Speed boost. The Speed boost is a unique advantage over Chien-Pao that CB Roaring Moon can provide. Getting the jump on unboosted Koraidon, Miraidon and Bundle is amazing as you can threaten them with meaningful advantage while outspeeding them is something not a lot of mons can do. And if you're looking for more power, this is not the mon you should be resorting to. A physical "wallbreaker" that can only U-turn on Great Tusk is useless without the Speed. For that use this spread:

Roaring Moon @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Honestly, I am not sure what to do with the leftover 36 EVs, but I figured improving the chances for living an Iron Bundle Ice Beam after Rocks, and actually having a shot to live a Modest Specs Chi-Yu Overheat in Sun is your best bet.

I think you should also add that they both struggle with Great Tusk, it's an important thing to establish if you're using Roaring Moon.

I think you should change this to: Roaring Moon can also team up with the aformentioned Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle which can also...

QC: 2/2 after implementation.
I believe I've got this stuff, lmk if anything else needs to be added!

Otherwise, I'm ready for the GP Team to do their thing!

Frixel

Double down
is a Social Media Contributor
Hey, here comes an amcheck

[SET]
name: Full [Power] Moon (Choice Band)

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Earthquake lets Roaring Moon break past Pokéemon that would otherwise check it, like Garganacl, Toxapex, and especially Kingambit.
  • Iron Head lets allows (avoiding repeating lets) Roaring Moon to hit super effectively Fairy-types super effectively, like Tera Fairy Garganacl and, (AC) Skeledirge, as well as and Iron Valiant.
  • U-turn lets Roaring Moon generate offensive momentum for its team, (RC) and is especially useful against targets Roaring Moon scares threats, like Skeledirge without Tera and Gholdengo.
  • The given EVs and a Jolly nature lets Roaring Moon get a boost to its Speed in sunlight, Protosynthesis boosts speed in the sun due to the EV spread with Jolly, letting it get the jump on crucial threats threatening like unboosted non-Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon and threaten them with its STAB Dragon Claw. The remaining 36 Special Defense EVs improve Roaring Moon's chances odds (avoiding repeating chance) to survive Iron Bundle's Ice Beam after Stealth Rock while giving it a chance to survive Modest Specs Overheat in sun from Chi-Yu.
  • Tera Dark strengthens Roaring Moon's Crunch to the point where it always 2HKOs physically defensive Corviknight and always 3HKOs Dondozo, while easing Earthquake predictions against the aforementioned Garganacl.
  • Tera Steel lets Roaring Moon resist otherwise super effective Ice-, Fairy- (AH), and Dragon-type attacks foes, (AC) from the like of Iron Bundle, Flutter Mane, and Koraidon, (AC) and Miraidon., (RD/AC) and Tera Steel also powers up Roaring Moon's its Iron Head.
  • Tera Fairy allows Roaring Moon to resist Fighting-type attacks while becoming immune to Dragon-type attacks moves, letting it defeat Koraidon and Iron Valiant, both of which outspeed and threaten to OHKO Roaring Moon otherwise.
  • Roaring Moon loves the support of Koraidon, (RC) as it activates Protosynthesis for Roaring Moon via Orichalcum Pulse, as well as it reliably threatenings Ice-types like, such as Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle, and the omnipresents Koraidon and Miraidon. In return, Roaring Moon threatens non-Terastallized Skeledirge for Koraidon.
  • Koraidon and Roaring Moon both struggle with defensive Great Tusk, so they can team up with the aforementioned Iron Bundle and Chien-Pao, who threaten all Great Tusk while also threatening the omnipresent Koraidon and Miraidon, with Iron Bundle naturally outspeeding non-Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon and Chien-Pao threatening them with priority Ice Shard. This relieves some pressure on Roaring Moon’s team to handle the dragons. Iron Bundle and Chien Pao are great teammates because they threaten defensive Great Tusk, Koraidon and Miraidon, Iron Bundle outspeeds non-Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon, while Chien Pao threatens them with its priority Ice Shard.
  • Defensive Great Tusk and Ting-Lu also work well with Roaring Moon, (RC) as they can set up hazards for Roaring Moon's team to abuse and check Koraidon and Miraidon, (AC) respectively. Great Tusk in particular can use Rapid Spin, giving to give Roaring Moon more opportunities to switch in, while Ting-Lu can phaze threatening boosters like Espathra with Whirlwind.
  • Specially defensive Corviknight can check Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle, both of which outspeed and threaten Roaring Moon, and can Defog hazards away, giving preserving Roaring Moon more opportunities to switch in.
  • Roaring Moon can easily pivot into Chi-Yu, who abuses the sun set by Koraidon and threatens walls like Great Tusk, Corviknight, and Ting-Lu, and Terastallized Skeledirge.
  • Gholdengo also makes for a decent partner, as not only does it have by having perfect defensive synergy with Roaring Moon, but Gholdengo can also by reliably blocking all common forms of hazard removal. This allows Roaring Moon’s team to keep up as many hazards as possible, especially Spikes, for it to Gholdengo eventually break down walls with the help of hazards, especially Spikes.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Takatk, 595062]], [[Aberforth, 249382]], [[ox04, 507268]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

add
remove
comments

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Earthquake lets Roaring Moon break past Pokémon Pokemon that would otherwise check it, like Garganacl, Toxapex, and especially Kingambit.
  • Iron Head lets Roaring Moon hit Fairy-types super effectively, like Iron Valiant and Tera Fairy Garganacl and Skeledirge, as well as Iron Valiant. super effectively.
  • U-turn lets Roaring Moon generate offensive momentum for its team, (remove comma) and is especially useful against targets Roaring Moon scares out, like Skeledirge without Tera Fairy (figured this makes it a bit clearer as to what Tera Skeledirge would be without in this situation, up to you though) and Gholdengo.
  • The given EVs and a Jolly nature lets ensure Roaring Moon's get a boost to its Speed is boosted in sunlight, letting it get the jump on crucial threats like unboosted non-Choice Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon and threaten them with its STAB Dragon Claw. The remaining 36 Special Defense EVs improve Roaring Moon's chances to survive Iron Bundle's Ice Beam after Stealth Rock while giving it a chance to survive Modest Specs Overheat in sun from Modest Choice Specs Chi-Yu.
  • Tera Dark strengthens Roaring Moon's Crunch to the point where it always 2HKOs physically defensive Corviknight and always 3HKOs Dondozo, (remove comma) while easing Earthquake predictions with Earthquake against the aforementioned Garganacl.
  • Tera Steel lets Roaring Moon resist otherwise super effective Ice-, Fairy- (add hyphen), and Dragon-type attacks from the likes of Iron Bundle, Flutter Mane, and Koraidon, (add comma) and Miraidon. Tera Steel also powers up Roaring Moon's Iron Head.
  • Tera Fairy allows Roaring Moon to resist Fighting-type attacks while becoming immune to Dragon-type attacks, letting it defeat Koraidon and Iron Valiant, both of which outspeed and threaten to OHKO Roaring Moon otherwise.
  • Roaring Moon loves the support of Koraidon, as it activates Roaring Moon's Protosynthesis for Roaring Moon via Orichalcum Pulse, as well as and reliably threatening threatens Pokemon such as Koraidon, Miraidon, and Ice-types like Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle, and the omnipresent Koraidon and Miraidon. In return, Roaring Moon threatens non-Terastallized Skeledirge for Koraidon.
  • Koraidon and Roaring Moon both struggle with defensive Great Tusk, so they can team up with the aforementioned Iron Bundle and Chien-Pao, who which threaten all Great Tusk sets. while also threatening the omnipresent Iron Bundle and Chien-Pao also threaten Koraidon and Miraidon, with Iron Bundle naturally outspeeding non-Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon non-Choice Scarf variants and Chien-Pao threatening them with priority Ice Shard. (tried to break this sentence into two) This relieves some pressure on Roaring Moon’s team to handle the dragons. (this is implied by suggesting them as teammates)
  • Defensive Great Tusk and Ting-Lu also work well with Roaring Moon, as they can set up entry hazards for Roaring Moon's team to abuse and check Koraidon and Miraidon, (add comma) respectively. Great Tusk in particular can use Rapid Spin, giving Roaring Moon more opportunities to switch in, while Ting-Lu can phaze threatening boosters like Espathra with Whirlwind.
  • Specially defensive Corviknight can check Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle, both of which outspeed and threaten Roaring Moon, and can Defog hazards away, giving Roaring Moon more opportunities to switch in.
  • Roaring Moon can easily pivot into Chi-Yu, who abuses which takes advantage of the sun set by Koraidon and threatens walls like Great Tusk, Corviknight, and Ting-Lu, and Terastallized Skeledirge.
  • Gholdengo also makes for a decent partner, as not only does it have perfect defensive synergy with Roaring Moon, but Gholdengo it can also reliably block all common forms of hazard removal. This allows Roaring Moon’s team to keep up many hazards, in particular Spikes, for it to eventually break down walls. with the help of hazards, especially Spikes. (I did notice you don't mention any Spikes users throughout the analysis, but I'm not QC so I kept this)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Takatk, 595062]], [[Aberforth, 249382]], [[ox04, 507268]]
[/QUOTE]

GP Team done
Aurora_Small.gif

OreoSpeedruns

is a Tiering Contributor
add
remove
comments

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Earthquake lets Roaring Moon break past Pokémon Pokemon that would otherwise check it, like Garganacl, Toxapex, and especially Kingambit.
  • Iron Head lets Roaring Moon hit Fairy-types super effectively, like Iron Valiant and Tera Fairy Garganacl and Skeledirge, as well as Iron Valiant. super effectively.
  • U-turn lets Roaring Moon generate offensive momentum for its team, (remove comma) and is especially useful against targets Roaring Moon scares out, like Skeledirge without Tera Fairy (figured this makes it a bit clearer as to what Tera Skeledirge would be without in this situation, up to you though) and Gholdengo.
  • The given EVs and a Jolly nature lets ensure Roaring Moon's get a boost to its Speed is boosted in sunlight, letting it get the jump on crucial threats like unboosted non-Choice Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon and threaten them with its STAB Dragon Claw. The remaining 36 Special Defense EVs improve Roaring Moon's chances to survive Iron Bundle's Ice Beam after Stealth Rock while giving it a chance to survive Modest Specs Overheat in sun from Modest Choice Specs Chi-Yu.
  • Tera Dark strengthens Roaring Moon's Crunch to the point where it always 2HKOs physically defensive Corviknight and always 3HKOs Dondozo, (remove comma) while easing Earthquake predictions with Earthquake against the aforementioned Garganacl.
  • Tera Steel lets Roaring Moon resist otherwise super effective Ice-, Fairy- (add hyphen), and Dragon-type attacks from the likes of Iron Bundle, Flutter Mane, and Koraidon, (add comma) and Miraidon. Tera Steel also powers up Roaring Moon's Iron Head.
  • Roaring Moon loves the support of Koraidon, as it activates Roaring Moon's Protosynthesis for Roaring Moon via Orichalcum Pulse, as well as and reliably threatening threatens Pokemon such as Koraidon, Miraidon, and Ice-types like Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle, and the omnipresent Koraidon and Miraidon. In return, Roaring Moon threatens non-Terastallized Skeledirge for Koraidon.
  • Koraidon and Roaring Moon both struggle with defensive Great Tusk, so they can team up with the aforementioned Iron Bundle and Chien-Pao, who which threaten all Great Tusk sets. while also threatening the omnipresent Iron Bundle and Chien-Pao also threaten Koraidon and Miraidon, with Iron Bundle naturally outspeeding non-Scarf Koraidon and Miraidon non-Choice Scarf variants and Chien-Pao threatening them with priority Ice Shard. (tried to break this sentence into two) This relieves some pressure on Roaring Moon’s team to handle the dragons. (this is implied by suggesting them as teammates)
  • Defensive Great Tusk and Ting-Lu also work well with Roaring Moon, as they can set up entry hazards for Roaring Moon's team to abuse and check Koraidon and Miraidon, (add comma) respectively. Great Tusk in particular can use Rapid Spin, giving Roaring Moon more opportunities to switch in, while Ting-Lu can phaze threatening boosters like Espathra with Whirlwind.
  • Roaring Moon can easily pivot into Chi-Yu, who abuses which takes advantage of the sun set by Koraidon and threatens walls like Great Tusk, Corviknight, and Ting-Lu, and Terastallized Skeledirge.
  • Gholdengo also makes for a decent partner, as not only does it have perfect defensive synergy with Roaring Moon, but Gholdengo it can also reliably block all common forms of hazard removal. This allows Roaring Moon’s team to keep up many hazards, in particular Spikes, for it to eventually break down walls. with the help of hazards, especially Spikes. (I did notice you don't mention any Spikes users throughout the analysis, but I'm not QC so I kept this)

[CREDITS]

I got all this stuff, as well as actually remembering to mention Spikes with Ting-Lu which I definitely did not forget to do before the GP check so please do lmk if anything else needs to be added or changed, otherwise, it's done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)