Ubers Choice Specs Miraidon

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
:sv/miraidon:

[SET]
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Electro Drift
move 2: Draco Meteor
move 3: Overheat
move 4: U-turn / Volt Switch
item: Choice Specs
ability: Hadron Engine
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
tera type: Dragon / Fairy / Electric

[SET COMMENTS]

• Overheat punishes Steel-types that would switch into Miraidon's STAB moves, such as Iron Treads.
  • U-turn and Volt Switch are both great pivoting options; U-turn eases prediction because it's not blocked by Ground-types like Iron Treads, Ting-Lu, and Clodsire, while Volt Switch hits way harder.
  • After Terastallizing, Tera Dragon Miraidon OHKOes Clodsire after Spikes and 2HKOes Ting-Lu. Tera Fairy allows Miraidon to take on opposing Miraidon and Koraidon locked into Dragon-type moves; also, removing its weaknesses to Ice and Ground lets it KO foes like Iron Bundle and Great Tusk. Tera Electric can be used to 2HKO Blissey and KO Koraidon after minimal chip damage.
  • Quark Drive users like Iron Bundle and Iron Treads can deal with faster threats and other unboosted base 135 Speed foes, like Koraidon and Flutter Mane, respectively. Miraidon setting Electric Terrain activates Quark Drive for them. Setup sweepers like Bulk Up Great Tusk and Swords Dance Chien-Pao can pick off weakened foes and also force out opposing Ground-types.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Eledyr, 415367]]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited:

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
this is a AMQC so please dont take it to stone, implement or not depending on what you believe is best.
specs mirai should always run volt / dazzling last, uturn is a waste of a slot imo. specs draco already 2hkos ting-lu and overheat cooks treads, making volt-switching pretty safe because of this and you want the damage; volt hits blissey decently hard, forcing her to soft-boiled and lose momentum, otherwise she'll get 2HKOd by electro drift next time she gets in the field

I agree with what Corvere said about U-turn, as such I believe that it should at least be highlighted that U-turn is more of a niche option.

Tera Dragon is an incredible option on it, but it isn't even listed here. In case you aren't aware of it or just didn't think of it as a good option here is my reasoning. Tera Dragon turns Draco into a guaranteed 2HKO on Ting Lu. Draco cannot 2HKO Ting Lu without hazards if it gets 2 Leftovers turns (one when it switches in and one if it stays in the turn after). Draco with tera Dragon is very strong:
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Tera Dragon Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 362-428 (70.4 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
1 layer of Spikes and Toxic Spikes: 252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Tera Dragon Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 362-428 (70.4 - 83.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Tera Dragon Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire: 418-494 (90.2 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Tera Dragon Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 374-440 (57.3 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Tera Dragon Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 233-275 (58.3 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Hadron Engine Tera Dragon Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Quark Drive Iron Treads: 202-238 (52.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Specs Miraidon with tera Dragon easily annihilates even the most specially defensive pokemon in the game, so I don't see how the ability of potentially being able to stop SD Flame Charge Koraidon or live a Moonblast could be as useful as this. While tera Fairy does make it easier to build and play with, the power provided by tera Dragon is simply ireplacable. Team support can make up for the need to take on Koraidon or a Flutter Mane Moonblast, but it cannot make up for the extra power. What I'm trying to say is that what tera Fairy does can be made up for in other ways, whereas what tera Dragon does cannot.

Other than that, I think everything else is very accurate and very well done.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
IMO Tera Dragon first slash, then Electric, then Fairy. Electric just wins if you manage to kill Ting-Lu, it straight up 2HKOs Blissey and ends most switch-ins even resisted. Fairy is okay just for the resistances against like Scarf Korai.

Dazzling Gleam does not seem worth it imo, Draco Meteor just hits everything Gleam does already.

I still think U-Turn should be first slash, Volt Switch just ends up being a dead slot most of the time and U-Turn means you don't have to predict and can get in mons like Bundle with ease.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
U-turn and Volt Switch are both great pivoting options, U-turn eases prediction being not blocked by Ground-types like Iron Treads and Clodsire while Volt Switch hits way harder.
Don't mention Clodsire over Ting-Lu you goofball

Otherwise looks good with the changes QC 1/2

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
[SET]
tera type: Dragon / Electric / Fairy Fairy / Electric

[SET COMMENTS]

• Choice Specs Miraidon is one of the most fearsome breaker of the metagame, threatening the entire metagame with its STAB combination of Electro Drift and Draco Meteor which are further boosted by Hadron Engine and threaten to OHKO almost any foe that don't resist them. (fluff+it's a mini!) Overheat is also an excellent coverage option that punishes Steel-types that would switch into its Miraidon's STABs moves, such as Iron Treads.
  • U-turn and Volt Switch are both great pivoting options;(comma->semi-colon) U-turn eases prediction being by not being blocked by Ground-types like Iron Treads, Ting-Lu, and Clodsire,(AC) while Volt Switch hits way harder.
  • Tera Dragon increases greatly Miraidon's damage output and guarantee to OHKO Clodsire after Spikes damage with Draco Meteor as well as 2HKO Ting-Lu.Tera Electric boosts Electro Drift to immense power, becoming able to 2HKO Blissey as well as OHKO Koraidon with minimal chip damage. Tera Fairy immunes Miraidon to Dragon-types attacks and makes it neutral to Ground- and Ice-types attacks, which are all great to punish faster threats like Choice Scarf Koraidon, Draco Meteor-locked opposing Miraidon, Iron Bundle, and Great Tusk.
  • Tera Dragon Miraidon OHKOes Clodsire after Spikes and 2HKOs Ting-Lu. Tera Fairy allows Miraidon to take on opposing Miraidon and Koraidon locked into Dragon-type moves while removing its weakness to Ice and Ground and thus KO foes like Iron Bundle and Great Tusk. Tera Electric can be run to 2HKO Blissey and KO Koraidon after minimal chip damage.
  • Quark Drive users like Iron Bundle and Iron Treads take advantage of the Electric Terrain to gain Speed and can deal with faster threats and other non-boosted base 135 Speed foes like Koraidon and Flutter Mane, respectively. Setup sweepers like Bulk Up Great Tusk take advantage of the holes Miraidon does in the defensive core, and can also deal with Clodsire. Setup sweepers like Bulk Up Great Tusk and Swords Dance Chien-Pao can pick off weakened foes and also force opposing Ground-types.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, whatever my id is]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

two things I want you to keep from this QC
1) I refuse to have Electric before Fairy in Tera
2) think it through when you add "the" before words! I know you know your stuff.

2/2
QC_stamp.gif

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
[SET]
tera type: Dragon / Electric / Fairy Fairy / Electric

[SET COMMENTS]

• Choice Specs Miraidon is one of the most fearsome breaker of the metagame, threatening the entire metagame with its STAB combination of Electro Drift and Draco Meteor which are further boosted by Hadron Engine and threaten to OHKO almost any foe that don't resist them. (fluff+it's a mini!) Overheat is also an excellent coverage option that punishes Steel-types that would switch into its Miraidon's STABs moves, such as Iron Treads.
  • U-turn and Volt Switch are both great pivoting options;(comma->semi-colon) U-turn eases prediction being by not being blocked by Ground-types like Iron Treads, Ting-Lu, and Clodsire,(AC) while Volt Switch hits way harder.
  • Tera Dragon increases greatly Miraidon's damage output and guarantee to OHKO Clodsire after Spikes damage with Draco Meteor as well as 2HKO Ting-Lu.Tera Electric boosts Electro Drift to immense power, becoming able to 2HKO Blissey as well as OHKO Koraidon with minimal chip damage. Tera Fairy immunes Miraidon to Dragon-types attacks and makes it neutral to Ground- and Ice-types attacks, which are all great to punish faster threats like Choice Scarf Koraidon, Draco Meteor-locked opposing Miraidon, Iron Bundle, and Great Tusk.
  • Tera Dragon Miraidon OHKOes Clodsire after Spikes and 2HKOs Ting-Lu. Tera Fairy allows Miraidon to take on opposing Miraidon and Koraidon locked into Dragon-type moves while removing its weakness to Ice and Ground and thus KO foes like Iron Bundle and Great Tusk. Tera Electric can be run to 2HKO Blissey and KO Koraidon after minimal chip damage.
  • Quark Drive users like Iron Bundle and Iron Treads take advantage of the Electric Terrain to gain Speed and can deal with faster threats and other non-boosted base 135 Speed foes like Koraidon and Flutter Mane, respectively. Setup sweepers like Bulk Up Great Tusk take advantage of the holes Miraidon does in the defensive core, and can also deal with Clodsire. Setup sweepers like Bulk Up Great Tusk and Swords Dance Chien-Pao can pick off weakened foes and also force opposing Ground-types.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, whatever my id is]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

two things I want you to keep from this QC
1) I refuse to have Electric before Fairy in Tera
2) think it through when you add "the" before words! I know you know your stuff.

2/2
View attachment 481407
Implemented. I'm trying to write in the best English possible, I swear :regiF:
GP Team

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma
[SET]
tera type: Dragon / Fairy / Electric

[SET COMMENTS]

• Overheat punishes Steel-types that would switch into Miraidon's STAB moves, such as Iron Treads.
  • U-turn and Volt Switch are both great pivoting options; U-turn eases prediction by not being because it's not blocked by Ground-types like Iron Treads, Ting-Lu, and Clodsire, while Volt Switch hits way harder.
  • After Terastallizing, Tera Dragon Miraidon OHKOes Clodsire after Spikes and 2HKOs 2HKOes Ting-Lu. Tera Fairy allows Miraidon to take on opposing Miraidon and Koraidon locked into Dragon-type moves while moves; also, removing its weaknesses to Ice and Ground and thus lets it KO foes like Iron Bundle and Great Tusk. Tera Electric can be run used to 2HKO Blissey and KO Koraidon after minimal chip damage.
  • Quark Drive users like Iron Bundle and Iron Treads can deal with faster threats and other non-boosted unboosted base 135 Speed foes, (AC) like Koraidon and Flutter Mane, respectively. Miraidon setting Electric Terrain activates Quark Drive for them. (I imagine this is worth specifying?) Setup sweepers like Bulk Up Great Tusk and Swords Dance Chien-Pao can pick off weakened foes and also force out (I imagine?) opposing Ground-types. (removed extra line breaks under)
[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]
Adeleine-1.gif

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)