Chulahoma (UU Offense)

~~Chulahoma~~

~A UU Offensive RMT~

Back again, with another UU team. This one generally based around a few key win conditions that I've found to be quite successful. The team incorporates some of my long time favorites in UU as well as some new things that I've found to be pretty cool. As always however I think that there is room for improvement, so here I am. Enjoy!

Kingdra

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
  • Surf
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Draco Meteor
  • Rain Dance
Rain Dance Kingdra is one of the few pokemon in UU who can turn a game completely around by using just one move. After setting up Rain Kingdra can steam roll through offensive teams with little trouble, as nothing comes close to outspeeding it and nothing can take a STAB Rain boosted Surf. Dragon Pulse is just for insurance against Grass and Dragon types, but I'll usually try my hardest to get things that resist Water out of the way before Kingdra sweeps. Draco Meteor is only used as a last measure, when I'm sure Kingdra is about to die or switch out the next turn. Its always useful to have such a powerful attack around, just for revenge killing purposes. Rain Dance Kingdra is my first and most important win condition, and it does it's job extremely well.

Rotom-H

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature
  • Overheat
  • Thunderbolt
  • Hidden Power [Grass]
  • Volt Switch
I've noticed that Rotom-H, Specs variant especially) often causes teams I make a lot of trouble, so I decided it was time for me to test it out myself. Now its become one of my favorite pokemon in UU. Rotom-H's typing grants it many useful resistances (Electric, Fire, Flying, Bug, Steel, Grass) that make it a very useful check to things that would otherwise cause this team trouble. Rotom-H is also a great lure for Rhyperior and Swampert, easily OHKOing both with HP Grass when they try to switch into Rotom-H's STAB attacks.

Golurk

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
  • Shadow Punch
  • Earthquake
  • Ice Punch
  • Stealth Rock
Golurk serves multiple important roles to this team: Stealth Rock support, spin blocking, and Fighting type check. Golurk is my go to guy whenever a Heracross, Mienshao, or Cobalion comes up against this team since none of them can touch it. Golurk's STAB combination plus Ice Punch give it nice coverage, and Golurk's bulk lets it take hits quite well. My only problem is Golruk's speed, I find it outpaced by a lot of walls which I do not like. I'm wary of sacrificing Golurk's bulk however, I'm trying to figure out which is ultimately more important.

Scrafty

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SDef / 20 Spd
Careful Nature
  • Drain Punch
  • Crunch
  • Substitute
  • Bulk Up
Sub-Bulk Up Scrafty is by far my favorite set up sweeper in UU. Thanks to Scrafty's surprisingly awesome bulk it can easily set up on almost any wall that can't phaze or taunt it. This Scrafty is also my go to counter to Umbreon, as it takes at least 3 Foul Plays to break Scrafty's substutite and Shed Skin removes (most of the time) any status Umbreon wants to give Scrafty. If played correctly Scrafty can sweep through entire teams, but its pretty much assured that Scrafty will cause a team problems as soon as it starts fully setting up. Sub-Bulk Up Scrafty is this teams second main win condition.

Roserade

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
  • Giga Drain
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Spikes
  • Synthesis
I often feel like my teams need a solid switch in to bulky Water types, and Roserade is my first choice almost every time. A bulky offensive variant makes Roserade an excellent counter to the many bulky Waters of UU, as it has enough bulk to switch in many times and enough power to do significant damage to opposing teams with it's two STAB attacks. While Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb cover most of the tier nicely, I do find that they leave Roserade pretty powerless to Steel types, I wonder if HP Fire would be worth fitting onto this set. Spikes are always a huge help to offensive teams, and Roserade can set them up pretty easily on most walls thanks to Synthesis.

Sharpedo

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
  • Waterfall
  • Crunch
  • Earthquake
  • Protect
Standard Sharpedo to finish off the team. Thanks to Sharpedo's high attack stat and amazing ability Speed Boost, it is one of the best cleaners in UU. Sharpedo does have the problem of often just barely not doing enough damage, so I often will wait to bring Sharpedo out until entry hazards have taken their toll and opposing teams are weakened. Roserade's Spikes obviously are a big part of this, and I will always try to get them onto the field during a game. Speed Boost Sharpedo is the team's final major win condition, as it can sweep quite easily against teams weakened by Stealth Rocks and Spikes.

Importable
Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Rain Dance

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SDef / 20 Spd
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Bulk Up

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Protect

Any advice or input I can get on this team is welcome, I'd love to improve it in any way I can. Thanks! (Also go checkout the album Chulahoma by the Black Keys)

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I'm struggling with this. I love this team overall, but it is lacking something important that a lot of teams should have - speed. The only poke that is even "fast", and it's only inherited speed, is Sharpedo. Have you considered changing Rotom-H to scarf in order to have a fast revenge killer without having to rely on Sharpedo to Protect T1 and then outspeed and kill. Sharpedo serves more of a role of a late-game sweeper rather than a revenge killer, and I feel like if you end up being against something like, say, a +1 MoxieCross and your golurk is down early-mid game, your only option is to put Sharpedo in at a position where he can't possibly sweep the rest of the team. Have you thought about replacing Sharpedo with Tornadus as a RainDance setterupper for your main win condition as well as a sweepstopper and a decent mixed attacker? Just a thought. (I'd replace something else, but it all just makes so much sense together :3).

Really awesome team overall though, I might try it out for myself a bit. Hopefully I was slightly coherent.

Yea I agree with you, the team is quite slow. Changing Rotom-H to a Scarf would definitely be the easiest way to fix this, I think I'll test that out first. Tornadus is also an interesting thought, I haven't really considered it for this team, but it would make a lot of sense. Thanks Kitten!

I'm a fan of this team, I almost wish I thought of it myself. A couple things:

1) I support Hydro Pump over Draco Meteor on Kingdra. I understand your reasoning behind Draco Meteor, but I feel that Hydro Pump (even with it's bad accuracy) is necessary for certain KO's that you could miss out on with Surf and Dragon Pulse. This would allow Kingdra to keep on ticking without having to cut its sweep short with the -2 Sp. Atk.

2) Maybe Rest over Sub on Scrafty. Bulk Up Scrafty is slowly becoming one of my favorite Pokes in the tier. It's crazy reliable and can setup in the face of many things. I also like how it isn't afraid of Sableye. I say Rest because sometimes it's necessary to recover to full where Drain Punch just doesn't cut it. I don't see the point of Sub with Shed Skin.

Awesome team when I saw it in action.

I'll try Hydro Pump, I can think of many situations where it would be very useful to have Hydro Pump on Kingdra.

I dunno about Rest on Scrafty though, Scrafty gets a lot of guaranteed Subs on walls that directly lead to multiple Bulk Ups. Sub + Shed Skin is just extra protection against status, a lot of walls outspeed Scrafty, which leaves it open to statuses until it can get up a sub. I definitely can see the merit of Rest however, and I've never tried it out so I can't really say whether its better or not.

Thanks for the rate!

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Togekiss with a spread of 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef Timid is a big threat to this team. Only Rotom outspeeds, but that Togekiss set is pretty much never used (although it's freakin' poweful).

Looks like a pretty solid team and I only have a nitpick or two.

I love Golurk on this team, but I like having Dynamic Punch on mine. Consider trying it out because I don't know what Shadow Punch is doing for you (Mismagius?). That's really all I've got to say, Shaymin looks problematic because your only check is Rotom which will get worn down really quickly.

Adamant Sharpedo also outspeeds max Togekiss, so I think the combo of Rotom-H and Sharpedo should be enough to cover it. I'm always super careful to keep Rotom around whenever I see the other team has a Togekiss.

Shadow Punch is generally used for coverage, and its decently powerful thanks to Iron Fist. I just personally am not a fan of Dynamic Punch shenanigans, and the boost of power for Ice Punch is another added bonus for using Iron Fist.

Roserade and Sharpedo can revenge kill Shaymin at the very least, and since Scrafty is so specially bulky it can take hits from it ok, I do agree that it can pose as a problem however. Would you have any suggestions on how to make the team handle it better?

Updates on testing:

I think Scarf Rotom over Specs is for the best, the team really benefits from the added speed. Hydro Pump is another good addition, it remedy's Kingdra's main problem of not doing enough to Umbreon & Snorlax, as both take massive damage from a Rain boosted Hydro Pump (granted it hits).

After testing Rest over Sub on Scrafty I gotta go with Substitute, maybe its just my playstyle but I really prefer it. I wasn't too big a fan of Tornadus really, I never actually managed to get it to sweep, it was more often than just a suicide rain setter. While this is nice in some situations I think Sharpedo fits better.

Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it.

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Adamant Sharpedo also outspeeds max Togekiss, so I think the combo of Rotom-H and Sharpedo should be enough to cover it. I'm always super careful to keep Rotom around whenever I see the other team has a Togekiss.
My mistake you're right, sharp outspeeds

Shadow Punch is generally used for coverage, and its decently powerful thanks to Iron Fist. I just personally am not a fan of Dynamic Punch shenanigans, and the boost of power for Ice Punch is another added bonus for using Iron Fist.
Fair enough.

Roserade and Sharpedo can revenge kill Shaymin at the very least, and since Scrafty is so specially bulky it can take hits from it ok, I do agree that it can pose as a problem however. Would you have any suggestions on how to make the team handle it better?
252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Roserade: 205-242 (63.27 - 74.69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

252+ SpA Life Orb Shaymin Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Roserade: 224-265 (69.13 - 81.79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pretty shaky.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sharpedo Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shaymin: 175-208 (51.31 - 60.99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Barely.

252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Seed Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Scrafty: 140-165 (41.91 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

As for mons you could use against shaymin, Zapdos is probably the best, it could be used instead of Rotom but I have a feeling you will wanna keep that. Zap would bring some nice speed that your team lacks (although you just scarfed rotom) and it is the best check for Togekiss on the market. In the end though, you're a good player so you can probably work around these little problems. GL with your future battles with this team!

I agree those are all quite shaky, really surprised how little Sharpedo does to it, just proves Sharpedo's general function as a cleaner vs a sweeper.

Zapdos could actaully replace Rotom-H fairly easily as they both have the exact same coverage. Is Scarf Zapdos a thing? I can't imagine its very common... I'll be sure to try out Zapdos for myself and see.

Thanks Au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)