Circle of Legends [Online Competition]

I don't know what happened but I was not able to register for the competition. For some reason my game was still registering my 3DS as participating in the Little Cup online competition a few months back, so when I put in my legends team in the Battle Box and went to register, it wouldn't accept it. So I pulled some random Little Cup mons from the PC to register in the Little cup competition that had long ended, thinking I would reset my participation and the game or server would recognize that I had signed up for the Circle of Legends. To my disappointment, the game simply told me that the Little Cup competition had ended and took me back to the online competition register screen. I ended up trying multiple times with the same result.... Later, I look on Global Link and it tells me I cancelled my participation in the Circle of Legends. If anyone has any idea what happened, I would sure appreciate it.

I just successfully registered Soul Dew Latios. The problem is that was mostly just a test and now my team sucks rofl.
Well that annoys me because I definitely would of used that, but It also explains the regular Latias I saw with only attacks

But I went 10-0 today pretty much outplaying most of my opponents with a couple close games I leave below. Xerneas is putting in way to much work though, I leave it as my 4th poke and come in when the Xern checks are weakened or dead and clean up.

GYAG-WWWW-WW2E-E2TY
A good game and the only one I did not bring Xerneas to, their team lacked good offensive options however so I overpower them even with a bunch of misplays.

G4SW-WWWW-WW2E-E39R
The closest game of the day for me with a lot of mind games, my plan going in was kill/weaken Primal Groudon then come in with Xern, I got a bit of hax but I had a plan for it, Turn 2: I also did not see the air balloon XD

FPJG-WWWW-WW2E-E4PC
This team was 6-0d by Jirachi besides Ho-Oh so I came in and destroyed him, this game shows off my Arceus (which came to 10/10 games) and Jirachi. Turn 2: I as caught way off guard by his Latias because it went for Grass Knot against P-Groudon first so I didn't think it would have and go for Surf, I thought Thundurus was coming in.

Last edited:
So I registered for the competion, and "locked" my Battle Box. What does it mean to have a locked Battle Box, am I prohibited from editing that team at all now??

EDIT: Yup, it says I can't even move Pokemon to any other box or into my party now.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
So I registered for the competion, and "locked" my Battle Box. What does it mean to have a locked Battle Box, am I prohibited from editing that team at all now??

EDIT: Yup, it says I can't even move Pokemon to any other box or into my party now.
Yep, and when the competition's over (end of sunday), it'll either automatically unlock your battle box or you'll have to do it manually by pressing Cancel Participation.

I just successfully registered Soul Dew Latios. The problem is that was mostly just a test and now my team sucks rofl.

EDIT: Confirming that Soul Dew does actually work and isn't disabled like in battle facilities.
Huh, good to know. I wonder what made them change their mind considering the other competitions with an unrestricted pokedex still banned it?

Hope no one just assumed and locked in a Mega Latias/Latios then.. that'd be a waste

I think I've lost like, 5 times out of 14 battles now. I'll admit, my team isn't absolutely ideal, I had to deal with time constraints...

What about you guys?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys, seriously, if your opponent forfeits, don't you don't gain points? o_o
Yes you get the win if your opponent either a) forfeits, or b) disconnects... These results often take longer to be recorded than a standard win or loss so just be patient.

I've just secured the last member of my team courtesy of the wifi forum's friendly users (I got all 6 from there especially for this) so I just need to train them before I can start battling. Has anyone noticed any trends / popular strats?

Yes you get the win if your opponent either a) forfeits, or b) disconnects... These results often take longer to be recorded than a standard win or loss so just be patient.
Oh ok. Now I'm calm. lol, anyway I'm going to finish the first 10 battles (yeah, i am slow) and I did 9 - 0. I don't know if I am a good player, or I met weak players. :[
This japanese guy that I'm battling now is so strong.

EDIT: Oh ok, 10-0.

Last edited:
I'm currently at 10 wins 2 losses, both of them pretty awesome. In the first one the guy had a Brick Break Groudon (cool tech, I must say), and an unfortunate Dark Void miss on his Arceus allowed him to eventually sweep with it. In the second one, the guy's Darkrai Tricked a Scarf onto my Deoxys-S, locking it into Light Screen, and then destroyed me with SubPunch MMX.

U49G-WWWW-WW2E-L25N: This is the best battle I've had so far, and why Giratina with Defog is such a boss. In Singles there's spinblockers; here there's breakblockers!

EDIT: Finished today at 17-3. Not great, but not too bad either.

Last edited:
ARGH!! First lost battle. 13 -1
That japanese guy predicted all my moves and his strategy was... so... Arceus used Gravity, Lugia used Tailwind, Groudon used Swords Dance and then.. sigh, sob, all those precipice blades that could not miss and no one was immune.. my giratina-o, it's so painful to remember.

Last edited:
ARGH!! First lose battle. 13 -1
That japanese guy predicted all my moves and his strategy was... so... Arceus used Gravity, Lugia used Tailwind, Groudon used Swords Dance and then.. sigh, sob, all those precipice blades that could not miss and no one was immune.. my giratina-o, it's so painful to remember.
Did you save the video by any chance? I'd love to see it.

So I had finally finished my team, and went straight to Battle Spot to start the competition. My first opponent showed up, and the battle music started. Then... "The connection was lost". 0-1. Not the start I was hoping for, haha.

I'm 9-0 so far in actual battles though. I've had 3 really good ones, and one of them probably made my opponent throw his DS out of the window. I had set up for a sweep with my Arceus when my opponent used reflect, basically sealing the loss for me... except brick break. It KO'd the opponents Jirachi in the process, because the screens are appearently broken before damage calculation, after which I swept him. It was the only move in the entire pokeuniverse that could win me the game at that point. Wish I could see my opponent...

Last edited:
Ok 8-2 for today for 18-2 total, I lost game 2 today because I played like garbage, the other game I lost is because they crit my Xerneas with an Extreme speed from a mega ray and Xern was about to win the game. I pulled a lot of games out of nowhere today though, Acreus got 18 kills today total which is insane, I an very happy with my team so far but I would change a couple moves that I haven't used yet like Aromatherapy Xern and Rest P-Groudon sounds cool on paper but I haven't used it yet.

A couple replays:

F3DW-WWWW-WW2E-M4L9
859W-WWWW-WW2E-M4JT
W2HG-WWWW-WW2E-M4MQ
5MNG-WWWW-WW2E-M4NN
7KTW-WWWW-WW2E-M4P9

I'm getting a bit fed up by all the luck elements in this format... so many 50/50 plays. No wonder why people don't play rotations, waay too luck-based. If it wasn't for the fact that I love legendaries, I'd quit lol.

Sitting at 14-3 I think. How are others doing?

Day 1: 8W-2L-0T-0DC (8W-2L)
Day 2: 15W-4L-0T-1DC (15W-5L)
Day 3: 20W-7L-1T-2DC (20W-10L)

I peaked with a score of 1659, had one DC, and instantly fell to 1599. Absolutely absurd. I worked my way back up, but in the end, I think I ended between 1580 and 1620. If I cared about Championship Points, I probably would have stopped at 1659, but I was just playing for fun and wanted to get all 30 battles under my belt since online ubers competitions are a bit on the rare side these days. It sucks since I was within the Top 300 but now might not even make the Top 1,000, but oh well. In literally every instance when I lost, I lost due to one or two bad predictions, and if I chose otherwise, I would have won the match. In this regard, Rotation Battles are all about baiting and luring your opponent into thinking you will do something when you'll do something else. Out of my 30 matches, not ONE SINGLE TIME did they stop my Arceus from using Swords Dance on the first move, and, 5 out of 30 times, my opponent's Xerneas used Geomancy on the first move. This tournament was great for those who have a lot of luck and a disaster for those who have no luck at all.

A battle with the obvious cliché of "spam Extreme Speed to win":

WX9W-WWWW-WW2E-HC94

This person had a 1680 score to my 1583 at the time, but, as shown, hax can sometimes backfire:

8NYW-WWWW-WW2E-NZNM

A battle of really bad predictions on my end but decent ones at the end that allowed me to win in a chess-like fashion:

XHSW-WWWW-WW2E-NZPX

If Xerneas is not the #1 used Pokémon on the list, I will be SHOCKED. I think out of my 30 battles, I only saw 2 teams without a Xerneas. Rayquaza will be at #2 obviously (and, of course, EVERYBODY had a Maxsoft with max IVs), probably followed by Arceus, Groudon, and Kyogre. I saw Diancie only a little, which was rather sad. My Diancie did quite a lot for me, including OHKOing Ho-ohs, setting up Reflect to stop Mega Rayquaza in its tracks, and exploding when there was nothing else it could do -- it probably helped me to get 1/4th of my victories with Arceus getting the rest.

Overall, I had a lot of fun.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
I didn't end up joining this tourney oops. Got too busy and lazy to make a team though if I'm being honest it would have been just to spam Mega Ray and I can do that anyway in Singles. Good luck to those still participating though!

I just faced someone using hydro cannon Arceus... Can Arceus even learn that? Is there no hack check like on battlespot?
Hydro Cannon Arceus is indeed possible through a Japanese event. Also gets Blast Burn though not Frenzy Plant.

So I had finally finished my team, and went straight to Battle Spot to start the competition.
Whoa, you mean you just started battling? Doesn't that mean you miss out on points or something like that? What happens when you join the tournament say, 3 days later than when it starts? Do you get to have 30 battles in succession to compensate, or... are you just left out of potential points??

Whoa, you mean you just started battling? Doesn't that mean you miss out on points or something like that? What happens when you join the tournament say, 3 days later than when it starts? Do you get to have 30 battles in succession to compensate, or... are you just left out of potential points??
Any unplayed matched can be played the next day, so yes, you can play 30 matches last day if you want :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)