earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

Aerodactyl:
New Stats:
100 / 125 / 70 / 135 / 70 / 115 (615)
Abilities: Sand Stream / Pressure | Tough Claws
Movepool Additions: Weather Ball, Work Up

Rock/Flying isn't very inspiring defensively so I decided to add a mixed attacker to the meta, seeing as there's not a whole lot of them available. Weather Ball in sand is a great STAB, while Tough Claws+Dual Wingbeat makes physical sets appealing. 115 speed crucially outspeeds resident core-smasher Octillery, and a fast Taunt is always appreciated. Work Up could even have potential, although I don't really see what Fire Blast hits over Earthquake if you were to run a physically-biased Work Up set.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
And G-Luke wins! We now have a reworked Aerodactyl:
:sm/aerodactyl:
Aerodactyl Rework
New Typing
: Rock / Flying
New Stats: 100/135/105/60/105/110 BST: 615
Movepool Additions: Diamond Storm, Dragon Ascent, Accelerock

Aerodactyl simply cannot compete with Pokemon like Runergrius and all of the existing Flying types around. It has no real niche, and all of the special walls sit on Aerodactyl like nobody's business. Now it distinguishes itself as the sole physical Flying type in the tier, with great STABs like Diamond Storm giving it a big bulk bump. DAscent gives it strong Bird STAB and hits almost all of Diamond Storm's resists, while Earthquake wraps up its great coverage. Accelerock gives it a defined role as a revenge killer as well, further differentiating it from Runergrius
Also a few noteworthy new moves from the Crown Tundra DLC:
We have Swords Dance walrus now. Which is interesting but probably not very viable.
Dragon Dance. No thanks.
Naganadel got Spikes. This will probably overshadow Toxic Spikes, so I am removing it for now.

That's about it for Crown Tundra movepool changes (that matter).

Outside of that, I think we may need another round of playing and balancing, then maybe adding a few more mons before calling this mod finished. The main problem mon that Scoopapa and I have identified is definitely Gligar- It's perfect typing and incredible, unknockable eviolite bulk makes it an incredibly limiting presence for most of the physical metagame. Cursola somewhat fills the same role on the special end, but status, lack of pivoting, and several other factors make it a lot more manageable to break through. I'd like to play more games of this mod (even though I find gligar meta not very fun) in the upcoming days, feel free to ask me on discord for a few games.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, so the CT is out now... Can this mod be revived or something?
CT has no no real impact on the end goal of Clean Slate. The goal has more or less been achieced (create a balanced micro meta), and at most we het very small tweaks from council members after playtesting. Sorry man, you just missed the ball.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Happy 2021 everyone, it's time for a slate. On the chopping block is:

:gligar: NERF: This guy is by far the most limiting factor present in the metagame at the moment- It's an absurd physical wall, sporting extreme bulk, a perfectly-tailored movepool, and a typing that's perfect for a meta with one (1) Ground-type physical attacker (unless you're running offensive Snorlax, in which case, hats off to you). That's not to say Gligar doesn't bring a few healthy aspects to the tier, most prevalent of which is being an actual Stonjourner counter. But overall, Gligar is just too good of a wall, and it needs a nerf. While I was just going to remove Sticky Hold, that felt a bit reductive and against the concept of the original submission, so I'm leaving its fate up to the masses.

Additionally...
Slate 10: 1 Speed Control, 1 Water-Type, 2 Free Slots
Apparently I said slate 9 was the second last formal slate, and despite feeling like the metagame is mostly complete I'm not one to go back on promises so here's the true and final last (full) slate of CS2! Some notes:
Speed Control: Clean Slate 2 isn't really starving for Speed control, as we have a few options at our disposal. Zacian is (finally) the gold standard of Scarf users, and scarf Stonjourner is also a popular and effective scarf option. There's also Shaymin-Sky, with a blistering 140 base speed, and Orbeetle's great speed+bulk combo alongside Thunder Wave. However, outside of Zacian, our other forms of speed control are somewhat underwhelming. Stonjourner is more of just a surprise "gotcha" to offense that still wallbreaks fine, Shaymin is item-locked and therefore cannot truly top the speed tiers, and Orbeetle doesn't exactly excel at revenge killing. Anything else I can think of doesn't really run Scarf all that often. On the priority side of things we're looking better, with Unown-M/S providing a strong First Impression and a handful of other decent priority users. So let's get a really fast Pokemon that can use Scarf (and not want Boots too badly), and/or some strong priority, just some form of Speed control to build with. Don't pull a Ninjask (tag me on the discord if you wanna know the epic tale of Jask).
Water-Type: This particular incarnation of Clean Slate lacks a solid, traditional Water-type pivot. Of the measly 3 Water-types available only Seismitoad really fills this role to any degree, and it still lacks any form of reliable recovery and/or pivoting capabilities. Walrein functions a whole lot more like a Steel than a Water-type, and Torkoal frequently shuns its only Water STAB when Shell Smashing. I personally believe this meta would benefit from a Water-type with a more traditional function, sponging hits and covering a few crucial types. If it has a secondary typing, make sure it's relatively benign and doesn't eclipse or clash with the Water-type (like Walrein and Torkoal, respectively).
Free Slot: You know the drill. Regieleki is just here because I think they're neat, we don't really need more Electrics ever since Octillery got reworked. The voting for this category will be merged, top 2 submissions (or a tie for first) will be added.

Have fun submitting, and sorry for the long hiatus!

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:ss/bisharp:
Name of the Pokemon: Bisharp
Role(s): Offensive Pivot, Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock)
Type: Dark / Steel
Abilities: Adaptability / Inner Focus / Pressure
Stat Distribution: 95/105/80/105/80/135 (600 BST)
Movepool Additions: Parting Shot, Shield Beam, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast
Movepool Removals: Swords Dance
Custom Elements: Shield Beam: Special Steel-type clone of Foul Play, uses opponent's Special Attack in damage calculation
Justification: Bisharp primarily uses the opponent’s attack against them, perfect against Dragon Dancers and Nasty Plot users. It also has a few utility moves at its disposal in Knock Off, Stealth Rock, and Parting Shot. Other than that, though, its offensive capabilities depend highly on the opponent so it can struggle against lower attack mons or ones that resist its certain STABs, such as Scrafty against Foul Play.

:sm/kyogre:
Name of the Pokemon: Kyogre
Role(s): Defensive Pivot, Special Wall
Type: Water
Abilities: Comatose
Stat Distribution: 100/110/110/110/130/80 (640 BST)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Flip Turn, Icicle Crash
Movepool Removals: Calm Mind, Water Spout, Roar
Justification: Kyogre is a bulky pivot with Flip Turn. With Comatose, it does not fear status from Scolipede or Gligar, and with its mixed stats, it can use its good coverage to actually force out things it checks, such as Liquidation against Centiskorch, Icicle Crash against Dunsparce, and Earthquake against Duraludon. This gives it some 4MSS, however, and its lack of secondary typing does it no favors against the many Grass and Electric-types in the tier.

:sm/armaldo:
Name of the Pokemon: Armaldo
Role(s): Sand Abuser, Hazard Control (Rapid Spin), Hazard Setter (Stealth Rock), Physical Wallbreaker
Type: Bug / Steel
Abilities: Water Veil / Scrappy / Sand Rush
Stat Distribution: 95/130/110/60/100/95 (600 BST)
Movepool Additions: U-Turn, Close Combat, Iron Head, Heal Order
Justification: Armaldo's good defensive typing and bulk allows it to switch into Grass-types, Snorlax, and Scolipede. It functions very similarly to Excadrill, having Sand Rush, hazards, Rapid Spin, and Swords Dance, which gives it a lot of versatility. It can also fit on non-sand teams with its two other good abilities, the first letting it ignore Will-o-Wisps and Scalds, and the other preventing Ghost-types from limiting its spinning capabilities. However, its utility gives it pretty bad 4MSS - it wants to run about 6 moves on both offensive and defensive sets.

:sm/golurk:
Name of the Pokemon: Golurk
Role(s): Special Wallbreaker, Stallbreaker (Taunt)
Type: Ground / Ghost
Abilities: Iron Fist / Sheer Force / No Guard
Stat Distribution: 105/80/95/130/95/95 (600 BST)
Movepool Additions: Fire Blast, Taunt
Justification: Golurk hits extremely hard with Sheer Force and 130 Special Attack with wide coverage options, and its offensive typing is very useful for beating Cursola and Gligar. However, it is comparatively slow to other attackers, making it weak against offensive teams.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:ss/dracovish:
Name of the Pokemon: Dracovish
Role(s): Physical Wall, Bulky Water
Type: Water
Abilities: Cheek Pouch / Rain Dish | Unnerve
Stats: 115 HP / 85 Atk / 125 Def / 100 SpA / 95 SpD / 70 Spe [580 BST]
Movepool Distribution: Slack Off, Toxic, Haze, Wish, U-Turn
Movepool Removal: Fisheous Rend
Justification: Dracovish eats up physical hits like a champ thanks to its great bulk and ability to check sweepers with Haze.

:ss/beedrill:
Name of the Pokemon: Beedrill
Role(s): Speed Control (Choice Scarf), Physical Wallbreaker, Pivot
Type: Ground / Steel
Abilities Poison Point / Sand Force | Sniper
Stats: 100 HP / 128 Atk / 105 Def / 75 SpA / 65 SpD / 120 Spe [592 BST]
Movepool Distribution: Iron Head, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Stealth Rock
Justification: Beedrill is fast and can hold Scarf efficiently enough. Spams U-Turn and STABs whole game.

:ss/tapu-lele:
Name of the Pokemon: Tapu Lele
Role(s): Special Wallbreaker (Free Slot #1)
Type: Psychic / Steel
Abilities Psychic Surge | Telepathy
Stats: 90 HP / 85 Atk / 85 Def / 130 SpA / 115 SpD / 85 Spe [590 BST]
Movepool Distribution: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise, Metal Sound, Roar
Movepool Removal: Focus Blast, Moonblast
Justification: Tapu Lele is a nuke. We have very little Psychic types in the tier, but quite a few Dark and Ghost types, so I decided to make one that can do the dirty. 130 SpA is pretty spicy, but luckily for us I respect the need to not make a super killer, so no Expanding Force for you! You can probably get away with super Future Sights though, chip damage without Regen be damned.

:ss/regigigas:
Name of the Pokemon: Regigigas
Role(s): Free Slot #2
Type: Normal
Abilities: Stall / Defeatist | Color Change
Stats: 110 HP / 140 Atk / 90 Def / 120 SpA / 110 SpD / 100 Spe [670 BST]
Movepool Distribution: Return, Recover, U-turn, Bulk Up, Stealth Rock, Haze, Shift Gear, Magnet Rise, Clangorous Soul
Custom Element: Crush Grip* - Physical Revelation Dance clone
Justification: Ok. So I wanted to make a viable, but balanced Regigigas. But I also wanted to preserve that meaty 670 BST. So I knew some lame old standard buff wouldn't be enough. So I took the worst abilities, sans Truant and it's OG Slow Start, and slapped them on, while giving it the means to abuse them. Color Change can be a splashy quirky utility pick thanks to Crush Grip always preserving STAB. We got U-turn so Stall sets will always be able to grab momentum. And Defeatist can try and abuse Regigias's newfound power in regards to several set up options

Last edited:
:ss/chandelure:
Name of the Pokemon: Chandelure
Role(s): Cleric, Stallbreaker, Speed Control (Tailwind, Speed Boost, Thunder Wave), Offensive Pivot, Burn Spreader, Set-Up Sweeper
Type: Fairy / Fire
Ability: No Guard | Speed Boost
Stat Distribution: 86/95/90/105/90/149 (BST:615)
Movepool Addition: Dazzling Gleam, Spirit Break, Misty Explosion, Moonblast, Tailwind, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, Parting Shot, Work Up, Flare Blitz
Movepool Removal: Solar Beam, Acid Armor, Acid, Thief, Curse, Calm Mind

Justification: Chandelure main role is being a Set-Up Sweeper. With mediocre attack stat in both side, it really needs to set-up, but because of that reason, it can be both Physical or Special Wallbreaker after set-up. Chandelure is already outspeed everything without Choice Scarf, so other than Speed Boost, it can have No Guard to ensure that Fire Blast or Inferno will hit. The problem is its defense capability and stealth rock, so if not sash, boots is what it likes to hold.

:ss/durant:
Name of the Pokemon: Durant
Role(s): Offensive Pivot, Hazards, Defensive Pivot, Special Wall, Choice Scarf
Type: Bug / Water
Ability: Immunity | Steelworker
Stat Distribution: 97/115/103/41/145/114 (BST:615)
Movepool Additions: Flip turn, U-turn, Leech Life, Spikes, Aqua Ring, Liquidation, Ice Fang, Aqua Jet, Recover
Movepool Removal: All Rock and Electric type moves, Entrainment, Baton Pass, Superpower
Justification: Durant is mostly being a Physical offensive but less bulk version of Orbeetle. In offensive side, Durant would have Steelworker which will add more STAB to Durant. In defensive side, Durant would have Immunity which make cannot be toxic stall. The problem is stealth rock and outspeed, which make it need some speed control from ally and sure, boots.

:ss/banette:
Name of the Pokemon: Banette
Role(s): Set-Up Sweeper, Physical Wall, Special Wall, Mixed Wall, Priority (Shadow Sneak)
Type: Ghost / Ice
Ability: Dry Skin / Filter | Flash Fire
Stat Distribution: 180/112/100/113/100/10 (BST:615)
Movepool Additional: Ice Burn*, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Fiery Dance, Ice Beam, Bulk Up, Freezing Glare
Movepool Removal: Substitute, Curse, Infestation
Custom Elements: Ice Burn: Freeze-Dry clone, Super effective on Fire type, instead of Water type
Justification: Banette is Trick Room setter that can serve as Set-Up Sweep after Trick Room Set-Up. It can take a hit from the threat like Scrafty and Unown-P, even better with Filter. Other than Filter, Banette can have Dry Skin which give it more survivability in rain and can be Switch in to absorb the Water type move, another choice is Flash Fire which can convert its weakness to its Fire type moves power and can be Switch in to absorb Fire type move. The problem is Taunt and stealth rock, boots is a good option, another good one is mental herb, or Weakness policy for more offense capability.

:ss/ampharos:
Name of the Pokemon: Ampharos
Role(s): Choice Band, Choice Spec, Offensive Pivot, Sleep Spreader (this is what I call this role), Speed Control (Thunder Wave, Priority), Stallbreaker (Taunt)
Type: Electric / Dark
Ability: Compound Eyes | Dream Weaver
Stat Distribution: 100/135/85/135/85/75 (BST:615)
Movepool Additional: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Nightmare, Taunt, Dark Pulse, Sleep Powder, Knock Off, Zing Zap, Vacuum Wave, Sucker Punch
Movepool Removal: Heal Bell, Toxic, All Fighting-Type moves except Power-Up Punch
Custom Elements: Dream Weaver: As One clone (Beast Boost + Insomnia).
Justification: Ampharos main role is to spread the status (Paralyze or Sleep) as much as possible with Compound Eyes support this role. Ampharos can have Dream Weaver as ability to support its offensive role too. It can use (spam) Priority to take down something and get a boost, supported by Choice Band/Spec. The problem is its speed and defense capability, which is the reason it could use Agility for speed, Cotton Guard for Physical defense and Charge for Special defense (and boost an Electric type move next turn).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)