Pet Mod Clean Slate 2

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Approved by G-Luke, idea adapted with permission from The Cruelest
CLEAN SLATE 2

Welcome to Clean Slate 2, the Pet Mod that aims to do exactly as the title states: Create a brand new "micrometagame" from scratch, with the ultimate goal of creating a balanced yet still varied compact metagame existing separately from any existing tier. No Ferrothorn here! This will be achieved by slates that consist of a certain role (Stallbreaker, Physical Wall, Offensive Pivot) or a mixture of several roles, which will fill up a role compendium listed below. THIS IS NOT A CONTINUATION OF CLEAN SLATE 1 OR MICRO. OU clauses and ability/move bans are followed unless specified.

RULES:

Submission Phase:
Submission phase lasts for a few days. In the submission phase, users submit existing pokemon altered to fit the current slate. The slates will consist of a few requests for a certain role (Stallbreaker, Physical Wall, Offensive Pivot) or a mixture of several roles, which will fill up a corresponding role compendium listed below. Note that your submission can have roles apart from the one it fills, but it should first and foremost fit the slate (Think of gliscor being a stallbreaker but also working as a pretty decent defensive defogger)
The pokemon submitted can be altered in any way, whether that be through typing, stats, abilities, and/or movepools. Custom moves/abilities are allowed as long as they are clones of existing elements. Additionally, if submitting an NFE pokemon, clarify after its name if its Eviolite-compatible (e.g. Boldore (no Eviolite)). Mega-Evolutions are not allowed unless a slate specifically calls for one.

The submission format is the following (example using the OU metagame):

Name of the Pokemon: (e.g. Dragapult)
Role(s): (e.g. Offenisve Pivot, Set up Sweeper, Stallbreaker, Dual Screens)
Type: (e.g Dragon/Ghost)
Abilities: (e.g. Clear Body / Cursed Body | Infiltrator)
Stat Distribution: (e.g. 88/120/75/100/75/142)
Movepool Additions: (e.g. none)
Movepool Removals: (e.g. none)
Custom Elements: (optional, this is where you explain )
Justification: (e.g. Dragapult's most outstanding trait is its extremely high speed, naturally outspeeding all relevant Pokemon in the meta. While Dragon Dance alongside a powerful signature Dragon STAB may seem scary, it has virtually no coverage and no good Ghost STAB. On the other hand, the weaker special sets have outstanding coverage and great STAB options. Other options such as a SubDisable Stallbreaker set or dual screens is also great.)

It should be noted that all submissions should be based around the metagame- If "fast" in this pet mod ends up being around 90-100 a powerful attacker with a "poor" speed of 90 wouldn't be appropriate.

Voting Phase
Voting phase lasts for around a day. In the voting phase, users vote for their preferred submissions and the winning submissions are added to the role compendium and spreadsheet.
The voting format is as follows:

Role in question: 1st preferred option, 2nd preferred option, 3rd preferred option.

Note: These self voting rules and the explanation are from good user lyd, slightly adapted to fit this pet mod
If you want to vote for yourself now, it gets slightly more complicated. You can always keep voting for yourself as second, but you can change the order a bit, for as long as the number of self-votes equals 2x the number of submissions you made. Let's use some examples to make it more understandable:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Exploudit, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Yoshiblaze

So this voting format is good, cuz' i voted for myself as second three times, and when you add everything up, I gave myself 6 votes, which is fine, as it is exactly the number of submissions I made for the slate x2. However, say I liked my Stallbreaker submission a lot, and I really want it to win, I can play around with my votes a little bit:

Stallbreaker: Exploudit, Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity
Special Wall: Ludicrousity, Exploudit, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze, Exploudit

So to make my Stallbreaker first vote, I moved my Defensive Pivot self-vote to last. Makes sense, right? And when you add up the votes, 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 which is exactly what I want. Let's say that I like my Special Wall and Defensive Pivot submissions more, and I didn't like my Stallbreaker submission too much. I can do this:

Stallbreaker: Yoshiblaze, Ludicrousity, G-Luke
Special Wall: Exploudit, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze
Defensive Pivot: Exploudit, Ludicrousity, Yoshiblaze

3 + 3 adds up to six, so I'm good to that. Small note that this can't be done if I made no Stallbreaker submission because if that was the case, the number of submissions I made x2 would actually end up as 4, which isn't enough. Also, had I only made a single submission, I'd always have to self-vote as #2 or lower because making only one submission gives me only two self-vote points. I hope that was clear, if you had any trouble to understand this, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it as best as I can.

In case of a tie, a tiebreaker will be held. The two users in question cannot vote for themselves in this, but they're perfectly free to just not vote ;)

Council:

:xurkitree:earl
:tapu-bulu:Brodaha
:shuckle:Scoopapa
:jumpluff:Tuthur1
:durant:G-Luke
Current Slate:
Starting out- Defensive Pair

Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GNLvQsM1F6pw1JS7IA6IyrgME1iJ4M0UWLrieGSPQuU/edit?usp=sharing

Discord:
https://discord.gg/27UW3uT

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Role Compendium
Wallbreakers:
Physical:

Special:
P

Mixed:

Stallbreakers:
Taunt-Based:

Setup-Based:

Walls:
Physical:

Special:

Mixed:
M

Pivots:
Offensive:
P
S
M

Defensive:
M

Clerics:
Wish:

Healing Wish:

Aromatherapy/Heal Bell:

Entry Hazards:
Stealth Rocks:

Spikes:

Toxic Spikes:

Hazard Control:
Defog:

Rapid Spin:
P
S
M

Magic Bounce:

Choice Item Users:

Choice Band:
S

Choice Specs:
P

Choice Scarf:
P

Trappers:

Trapping Moves:

Stakeout:

Priority:
Accelrock:
Extreme Speed:
First Impression:
S
M
Ice Shard:
Quick Attack:
Prankster:
Sucker Punch:

Set-up:
Swords Dance:

Nasty Plot:

Bulk Up:

Calm Mind:

Dragon Dance:

Shell Smash:

Quiver Dance:

Curse:

Growth:

Agility/Rock Polish:

Defense Boost+Body Press:

Scope In:

Weather/Archetype:
Rain:
|

Sun:
|

Sand:
|

Hail/Aurora Veil:
|

Trick Room:
|

Dual Screens:
|

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
:corsola-galar:Slate 1: A Physical Wall and Special Wall:mandibuzz:

You know the drill- Make sure your 2 submissions have similar power, as we will be voting with each submission as a pair.
Feel free to use any pokemon, even if they're not present in SwSh. Removed moves are not returning.​

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)

Name of Pokemon: Pincurchin
Roles: Special Wall, Hazards, Defensive Pivot, Offensive Pivot, Physical Wallbreaker, Priority (Sucker Punch)
Type:

Abilities: Unaware / Iron Barbs | Electric Surge
Stat Distribution: 48 / 101 / 95 / 71 / 140 / 15 (470 BST)
Movepool Additions: Volt Switch, Toxic
Movepool Removals: None
Justification: Something about Pincurchin deeply intrigues me, so I decided to make it the special wall. Electric/Dark has a good range of neutral matchups for special attackers and is a pretty potent offensive STAB combo (likely being some combination Sucker Punch/Zing Zap/Volt Switch alongside recover and hazards/toxic). Unaware is for the stall niche while Electric Terrain is always nice, and now that it's nerfed to only being a 1.3x boost it's not nearly as overwhelming.

Name of Pokemon: Golisopod
Roles: Physical Wall, Priority, Hazards, Hazard Control, Defensive Pivot
Type:

Abilities: Rough Skin / Shell Armor | Mirror Armor
Stat Distribution: 75 / 95 / 140 / 45 / 95 / 40 ( 480 BST)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Rapid Spin, U-Turn
Movepool Removals: Swords Dance
Justification: Heavy-Duty Boots wielding wall that can spin away hazards, set its own Spikes, and pivot out. All 3 abilities have merit on this, and Golisopod's existing options such as First Impression are still here. Should make a good core with Pincurchin, covering ground- and fighting-type attacks for the little urchin.

Last edited:
:corviknight:
Name of Pokemon: Corviknight
Roles: Special Wall, Mixed Wall, Defensive Pivot, Hazard Setter
Type:
/

Abilities: Mirror Armor / Big Pecks / Rough Skin
Stat Distribution: 99 / 78 / 85 / 57 / 110 / 71 (500 BST)
Movepool Additions: Knock Off, Jaw Lock, Toxic, Stealth Rock
Justification: Corviknight now acts like Skarmory, but better due to Rough Skin which, with its decent Defense, means it can wall contact attackers to no end when combined with Roost. It also has Stealth Rock to wear down switch-ins, plus Toxic and Knock Off to cripple bulky foes Jaw Lock is also neat to trap a pokemon that you can wall easily or switch to an appropriate counter due to U-turn.

:alcremie:
Name of Pokemon: Alcremie
Roles: Special Wall, Mixed Wall, Cleric
Type:

Abilities: Sweet Veil / Competitive / Fluffy
Stat Distribution: 92 / 61 / 113 / 90 / 90 / 54 (500 BST)
Movepool Additions: Strange Steam, Moonblast, Magic Coat, Wish, Heal Bell
Justification: Remember Gen 7 Clefable? Well, Alcremie is this but much better, because of higher physical bulk and multiple utility options, including Magic Coat, Wish and Heal Bell. Fluffy also allows it to take some contact moves it couldn't otherwise, in exchange for a Fire weakness. Overall, Alcremie will be a great physical or mixed wall.

Last edited:
:corviknight:
Name of Pokemon: Corviknight
Roles: Physical Wall, Defensive Pivot, Hazard Setter
Type:
/

Abilities: Mirror Armor / Intimidate
Stat Distribution: 88 / 85 / 111 / 65 / 70 / 71 (490 BST)
Movepool Additions: Knock Off, Jaw Lock, Stealth Rock
Justification: Corviknight now acts like Skarmory, but better due to Intimidate which, with its already high Defense, means it can wall physical attackers to no end when combined with Roost. Jaw Lock is also neat to trap a pokemon which you can wall easily or switch to an appropriate counter for it.
Don't understand the Jaw Lock line. You can't switch out to an appropriate counter because the move locks both Pokemon in.

Love the idea so here are my picks
842.png

Name of the Pokemon:Appletun
Roles:Physical Wall/Spike Settter/Pivot
Type:Grass/Dragon
Abilities:Ripen/Oblivious/Thick Fat
Stat Distribution:130/55/110/80/60/20/455
Movepool Additions:Fire Blast,Will-O-Wisp,U-Turn,Knock-Off and Spikes
Movepool Removals:N/A
Justification:Its new bulk+Will-O-Wisp meens that Appletun can wall a lot a physical attackers fire blast is there so you dont lose to fero
Spikes+U-Turn will let Appletun do something in stall wars
Thick fat means a fire resist and a normal ice weakness
(I sure there are some uses for ripen just cant think right now)

618-g.png

Name of the Pokemon:Stunfisk-Galar
Role:Special Wall/Terrain Counter/Sand Setter
Type:Ground/Steel
Abilities:Mimicry/Ripp-off/Sand Stream
Stat Distribution:109/55/76/99/120/19/479
Movepool Additions:Slack-Off,Toxic,Knock-Off,Power Gem and Encore
Movepool Removals:N/A
Custom Elements:Ripp-Off---------Removes Terrain when this Pokemon come in the field
Justification:A good special wall and the best Terrain counter getting rid of it every time it comes in if you dont want to get rid of terrain to can use Sand Stream to chip away at the opposing Pokemon Knock-Off and Encore to be annoying and Slack-Off to heal

Last edited:

Name of the Pokemon: Aurorus
Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Setter,
Type:

Abilities: Rough Skin / Pressure | Dazzling (HA)
Stat Distribution: 135 / 90 / 90 / 60 / 65 / 40 | BST: 480
Movepool Additions: Play Rough, Healing Wish, Body Press
Justification: A solid wall for balance teams that combines great typing and a number of support moves that are good for momentum such as Thunder Wave, STAB Dragon Tail, Healing Wish, and Stealth Rock. It has a lot going for it, but a significant drawback in its lack of recovery. These strengths and weaknesses both help it pair well with more offensive pokemon that appreciate its support, and can do damage before it gets totally worn down.

Name of the Pokemon: Weezing-Galar
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Removal, Cleric
Type:

Abilities:
Filter / Steam Engine | Heatproof (HA)
Stat Distribution: 75 / 60 / 85 / 80 / 115 / 75 | BST: 490
Movepool Additions: Flash Cannon, Recover, Scald, Aromatherapy
Movepool Removals: Will-o-Wisp
Justification: A defensive wall that can stick around quite a while thanks to its good defenses, many resistances, immunity to Poison status and reliable recovery. It has moves like Defog and Aromatherapy that can nullify your opponents' pivotal support moves, meaning it's geared towards longer matches and more defensive teams.

Last edited:

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
:kingler:
Name of the Pokemon: Kingler
Role(s): Defensive Wall, Defensive Pivot, Trapper
Type:

Abilities: Heavy Grip / Shell Armor / Pressure
Stat Distribution: 95 / 85 / 135 / 65 / 65 / 55 (500)
Movepool Additions: Toxic, U-Turn, Recover, Soak, Steel Beam
Movepool Removals: Superpower, Swords Dance, High Horsepower
Custom Elements: Heavy Grip: Contact moves trap the target on the next turn. does not activate if the target is already trapped.
Justification: Kingler boasts a threatening 95/135 physical bulk along with the ability Heavy Grip allowing it to trap most Pokemon that it knows it can trap. However, this can be outplayed easily, since Ghost types cannot be trapped, and its very easy to just click U-Turn or Volt Switch. Soak, Recover, and Toxic seem very familiar to those who have had to face Pyukumuku, and Kingler is just catching it's wave. Soak allows Kingler to be able to hit Poison- and Steel- types with Toxic, and it's slow enough to offer a pivot into more offensively oriented Pokemon who can handle Kingler's threats better. Water/Steel is an amazing typing previously used by Empoleon that offers a whopping 10 resistances, 1 immunity, and only 3 weaknesses.

:spiritomb:
Name of the Pokemon: Spiritomb
Role(s): Special Wall, Defensive Pivot, Status Spreader
Type:

Abilities: Wandering Spirit / Infiltrator / Pressure
Stat Distribution: 95 / 65 / 65 / 85 / 135 / 55 (500)
Movepool Additions: Toxic, Teleport, Recover, Quash*, Sludge Wave
Movepool Removals: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind
Custom Elements: Quash: Turns the target Dark-type.
Justification: Pretty much exactly like Kingler, but trading it's resistances into 3 immunities. However, it competes with Kingler due to not being able to be trapped by trapping moves, and what it has over Kingler is it's ability to bypass Substitute. Teleport gives it an even slower pivot bringing in mons that could setup, and Quash is the alternative to Soak. It's status moves such as Will-o-Wisp and Toxic combined with Infiltrator means that substitute users are at Spiritomb's mercy.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Name of the Pokemon: Coalossol
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Removal, Hazard Setter
Type: Rock / Fire
Abilities: Steam Engine*
Steam Engine: Grants immunity to Fire and Water type moves in addition to regular effects.
Stats: 110 HP / 105 Atk / 75 Def / 75 SpA / 120 SpD / 50 Spe [535 BST]
Movepool Distribution: Lava Plume, Recover
Justification: Coalossol is a special wall that has an interesting defensive typing when paired with its ability, and solid defensive stats, with a stellar support movepool. Having access to spikes and Stealth Rock in addition to Rapid Spin allows it to fill various potential roles on a team. With semi reliable recovery it is bound to be a useful tech option to face special attackers.

Name of the Pokemon: Dracovish
Role(s): Physical Wall
Type: Water / Dragon
Abilities: Volt Absorb | Gluttony
Stats: 105 HP / 75 Atk / 120 Def / 90 SpA / 85 SpD / 50 Spe [525 BST]
Movepool Distribution: Slack Off, Toxic, Haze, Wish, U-Turn, Taunt
Justification: Dracovish eats up physical hits like a champ thanks to its great bulk and ability to check sweepers with Haze. Also provides the tier with a great Electric immunity and isn't passive with a potential Fish Rend on the switch.

Last edited:
ubers clean slate ubers clean slate

:weezing-galar:
Pokemon: Weezing-Galar
Role: Physical wall, Terrain support, Hazard removal
Type: Poison/Fairy
Abilities: Neutralizing Gas / Misty Surge
Stat Distribution: 89 / 113 / 154 / 106 / 76 / 82 | 620 BST
Movepool Additions: Gunk Shot
Justification: Weezing is an interesting physical wall with great physical bulk and good defensive abilities. Poison/Fairy is a great defensive typing to have, with lots of resistances and only 3 weaknesses. It also has some decent offensive potential, which is good because Weezing-Galar's offensive stats are not super low. Neutralizing Gas is a good ability on the offensive and defensive side, shutting down potentially dangerous offensive abilities or crippling opposing walls that rely on abilities. Misty Surge is a good support option to prevent Weezing's teammates from being affected by status. Weezing doesn't have reliable recovery, allowing it to be worn down over time, especially on the special side. Overall, the high defense of Weezing allow it to do a good job walling foes while also dealing out some damage.

:orbeetle:
Pokemon: Orbeetle
Role: Mixed wall, Utility, Dual Screens
Type: Psychic/Electric
Abilities: Swarm / Frisk / Trace
Stat Distribution: 72 / 52 / 150 / 69 / 164 / 123 / 630 BST
Movepool Additions: Overdrive, Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss
Movepool Removals: Calm Mind, Sticky Web
Justification: Orbeetle is a great mixed wall with excellent defensive stats and a great support movepool, including options like dual screens, Thunder Wave, Trick Room, and Trick. However, it is very vulnerable to Taunt because of it's (probably) poor offensive stats and lack of good offensive moves. It also has a great speed stat, allowing it to act quickly with support options or pivot with U-Turn. It's typing is pretty good defensively, granting it useful resistances to Fighting, Psychic, and Flying. On the other hand, weaknesses to Dark and Ground are not good to have because of common moves like Knock Off and Earthquake. Trace allows it to potentially do interesting things and allow more switching options, but it's hard to tell what it will do right now.

Last edited:

G-Luke

ubers clean slate ubers clean slate

:weezing-galar:
Pokemon: Weezing-Galar
Role: Physical wall, Terrain support, Hazard removal
Type: Poison/Fairy
Abilities: Neutralizing Gas / Misty Surge
Stat Distribution: 89 / 113 / 154 / 106 / 76 / 82 | 620 BST
Movepool Additions: Gunk Shot
Justification: Weezing is an interesting physical wall with great physical bulk and good defensive abilities. Poison/Fairy is a great defensive typing to have, with lots of resistances and only 3 weaknesses. It also has some decent offensive potential, which is good because Weezing-Galar's offensive stats are not super low. Neutralizing Gas is a good ability on the offensive and defensive side, shutting down potentially dangerous offensive abilities or crippling opposing walls that rely on abilities. Misty Surge is a good support option to prevent Weezing's teammates from being affected by status. Weezing doesn't have reliable recovery, allowing it to be worn down over time, especially on the special side. Overall, the high defense of Weezing allow it to do a good job walling foes while also dealing out some damage.

Pokemon: Orbeetle
Role: Mixed wall, Utility, Dual Screens
Type: Psychic/Electric
Abilities: Swarm / Frisk / Trace
Stat Distribution: 72 / 52 / 150 / 69 / 164 / 133 / 620 BST
Movepool Additions: Overdrive, Thunder Wave
Movepool Removals: Calm Mind, Sticky Web
Justification: Orbeetle is a great mixed wall with excellent defensive stats and a great support movepool, including options like dual screens, Thunder Wave, Trick Room, and Trick. However, it is very vulnerable to Taunt because of it's (probably) poor offensive stats and lack of good offensive moves. It also has a great speed stat, allowing it to act quickly with support options or pivot with U-Turn. It's typing is pretty good defensively, granting it useful resistances to Fighting, Psychic, and Flying. On the other hand, weaknesses to Dark and Ground are not good to have because of common moves like Knock Off and Earthquake. Trace allows it to potentially do interesting things and allow more switching options, but it's hard to tell what it will do right now.
27d.jpg

rng time, happy with the selections I got

Name of the Pokemon: Mudsdale
Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Setter
Type: Ground
Abilities: Stamina / Stalwart
Stats: 125/105/115/60/75/65 (BST: 545)
Added Moves: N/A
Removed Moves: N/A
Custom Elements: N/A
Justification: Mudsdale is a strong Physical Wall that can become even tougher thanks to Stamina boosting it's defense. It's decent attack and STAB Earthquake allow it to not remain passive. It does lack reliable recovery, however it's high staying power should be able to circumvent that.

Name of the Pokemon: Copperajah
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter
Type: Steel/Water
Abilities: Thick Fat / Heavy Metal
Stats: 115/65/69/75/155/75 (BST: 554)
Added Moves: Knock Off, Scald, Muddy Water, Life Dew
Removed Moves: Stealth Rock
Custom Elements: Caltrops (Stealth Rock Clone, deals damage based on weakness to Steel type)
Justification: Since Dyna/Gigamaxing is banned, I wanted Copperajah to have access to it's signature Gigantamax tool, Steel type Stealth Rock. Besides Caltrops, Copperajah is a very bulky Special Wall, thanks to it's high stats and Thick Fat, which reduces it's weakness to Fire type attacks. It also has reliable recovery and Knock Off, to add to it's limited support movepool. However, Copperajah is extremely passive, thanks to it's low attacking stats. It's low Defense leaves it vunerable to physical Ground and Fighting types that could potentially be added in later.

Ema Skye

Work!
Name of the Pokemon: Perrserker
Role(s): Bulky Pivot
Type: Steel/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate / Unaware / Thick Fat
Stat Distribution: 80 HP / 110 Atk / 100 Def / 50 SpA / 90 SpD / 50 Spe (480 BST)
Movepool Additions: Parting Shot, Sucker Punch, Slack Off, Knock Off, U-Turn
Justification: Support mon that can take a beating with its solid bulk and typing. Parting Shot creates openings for new Pokémon to come in. Plays like bulky Bisharp from last Gen.

Name of the Pokemon: Mismagius
Role(s): Stallbreaker, mixed tank, bulky attacker
Type: Ghost/Fairy
Abilities: Levitate
Stat Distribution: 60 HP / 60 Atk / 60 Def / 105 SpA / 105 SpD / 105 Spe (495 BST)
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Moonlight
Justification: That bulk may not seem like much, but with an amazing defensive typing (immune to Normal, Fighting, Ground and Dragon) and only two weaknesses (Steel and Ghost), it’s pretty tough to take down. You can burn stuff to increase survivability and recover with Moonlight. Plays off of Perrserker very well.

G-Luke

Name of the Pokemon: Perrserker
Role(s): Bulky Pivot
Type: Steel/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate / Unaware / Thick Fat
Stat Distribution: 80 HP / 110 Atk / 100 Def / 50 SpA / 90 SpD / 50 Spe (480 BST)
Movepool Additions: Parting Shot, Sucker Punch, Slack Off, Knock Off, U-Turn
Justification: Support mon that can take a beating with its solid bulk and typing. Parting Shot creates openings for new Pokémon to come in. Plays like bulky Bisharp from last Gen.

Name of the Pokemon: Mismagius
Role(s): Stallbreaker, mixed tank, bulky attacker
Type: Ghost/Fairy
Abilities: Levitate
Stat Distribution: 60 HP / 60 Atk / 60 Def / 105 SpA / 105 SpD / 105 Spe (495 BST)
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Moonlight
Justification: That bulk may not seem like much, but with an amazing defensive typing (immune to Normal, Fighting, Ground and Dragon) and only two weaknesses (Steel and Ghost), it’s pretty tough to take down. You can burn stuff to increase survivability and recover with Moonlight. Plays off of Perrserker very well.
I believe that the mons should be straight up walls, and not just primarily pivots and what not.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone

Name of the Pokemon: Genesect
Role(s): Physical Wall, Hazard Control
Type: Bug/Steel
Abilities: Battle Armor, Overcoat
Stat Distribution: 91/120/150/100/99/120 (680)
Movepool Additions: Strength Sap, Leech Life, Rapid Spin
Movepool Removals: Shift Gear, Rock Polish, Explosion
Justification: Genesect is a solid physical wall that's basically impossible to KO for a physical Pokemon unless it's packing a Fire-type move. Due to 120 Speed in a meta around 680 BST, its Strength Sap is supposed to go first, meaning it'll get hit from -1 Atk Pokemon. Being immune to Toxic Spikes and neutral to Rocks also makes Genesect a good hazard remover. High Speed + U-Turn means it can get out of sticky situations and keep momentum, but can't act as a slow defensive pivot.
It's held back by meh special side, and Fire-type moves in general. It can't do much against Poison- and Steel-types, since both are immune to Toxic and resist its moves. It's also held back by the fact that its recovery is dependent on the foe's Attack stat, so recovering against a special attacker or purely Defensive foe might be a challenge.

Name of the Pokemon: Regice
Role(s): Special Wall, Hazard Setter
Type: Ice
Abilities: Ice Scales
Stat Distribution: 160/50/100/100/200/50 (660)
Movepool Additions: Heal Bell, Spikes
Movepool Removals: Explosion, Self-Destruct
Justification: I know this may seem really stupid, but hear me out. With the addition of Heal Bell and Spikes, combined with natural access to Seismic Toss, it can act as a super bulky support. This Regice takes the same damage from super-effective special hits as Chansey does from neutral ones. On the physical side, Regice takes more damage than Chansey from super-effective moves, and has 4 weaknesses, but when comparing neutral physical hits, Regice is bulkier. I nerfed it by taking 20 HP off, it's still bulkier than Chansey but not as extreme.
Despite this ridiculous bulk, Regice is balanced (I hope) due to absolute lack of reliable recovery and being somewhat passive. It's easily worn down by Stealth Rocks if you don't run Boots, and its only recovery option is RestTalk if you don't run Lefties.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
So, we can go as high as 1125 BST (though 850 is more reasonable for "highest possible limit"), eh? This can be either Uber-inspired or below. I better go all-out with this then, it could go interesting.

Name of the Pokemon: Galarian Stunfisk
Role(s): Physical Wall, Physical Wallbreaker, Set-Up Bulky Sweeper, Hazard Setter
Type: Ground / Steel
Abilities: Mimicry / Filter | Strong Jaws
Stat Distribution: 109 / 101 / 139 / 96 / 84 / 71 (600 BST)

Movepool Additions: Terrain Snap (!), Iron Head, Thunder Fang, Poison Fang, Psychic Fang, Slack Off, Spikes
Movepool Removals*: None
(* moves already removed in SwSh will not be listed.)
Terrain Snap: 50 BP, 100% acc., Normal, Physical - Clone of Weather Ball; double base power in Electric, Grassy, Psychic or Misty Terrain and, if applied, convert it into Electric in Electric Terrain, Grass in Grassy Terrain, Psychic in Psychic Terrain and Fairy in Misty Terrain.

Justification: Better bulk allows Galarian Stunfisk to function as a physical wall much better than it would ever be, with much less reliance on its gimmicky Mimicry (although it do get Terrain Snap which is boosted by Strong Jaws), and even have Filter that soften its incoming blows from weaknesses. Snap Trap, while weak on its own and doesn't allow for STAB outside of Grassy Terrain via Mimicry, compensates with being a trapping move with 100% accuracy, allowing Galarian Stunfisk to trap and weaken anything that attempted to physically sweep it. The better way to utilize its physical wall power, however, is to simply do Toxic + Protect/Substitute + Slack Off on any unlucky Physical attackers not being able to fully OHKO this thing. It can also set Stealth Rocks and/or Spikes to damage incoming switch-ins. For further insult, it can use Scald to potentially burn foes and thus reinforce its own solid base Defense.

Could Galarian Stunfisk be Overpowered?: 84 base Special Defense is definitely below average, and is slow, which means it can be prone of being outspeed by notable wallbreakers. Fire, Water, Fighting and Ground are all of Galarian Stunfisk's weaknesses and are commonly offensive Types on top of that, making Filter more important, but won't really save it if a Special Wallbreaker have any of these types for coverage. Finally, it isn't strong enough for fighting back without using the slow-induicng Curse, and is prone to being pressured or even endangered by set-up sweepers/wallbreakers with a Super Effective coverage as a result.

Name of the Pokemon: Sunflora
Role(s): Special Wall, Cleric, Special Set-Up Sweeper, Sun Abuser
Type: Grass / Fairy
Abilities: Chlorophyll / Leaf Guard | Natural Cure
Stat Distribution: 80 / 92 / 100 / 103 / 150 / 75 (600 BST)

Movepool Additions: Defog, Calm Mind, Leech Seed, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam
Movepool Removals*: None
(* moves already removed in SwSh will not be listed.)

Justification: The stats, Natural Cure and access of Rest and Leech Seed allows Sunflora to pressure on multiple Special attacking Pokémon, especially those who lacks a viable Poison-type coverage. Natural Cure allows it to get rid of obnoxious status such as its own Sleep or the Toxic status. It can also run support with Defog to get rid of Entry Hazards, Aromatherapy to heal allies off their statuses, or run in Chlorophyll in a sun team at cost of further Fire weakness. It could also run Calm Mind to be much less passive at cost of less supportive moves left.

Could Meganium be Overpowered?: 80 / 100 physical bulk isn't all that good, leaving it vulnerable to physical sweepers and especially physical wallbreakers. Rest + Natural Cure is momentum draining and should only be used if Meganium is severely damaged. Poison-type in general will represent a severe danger to it does to being 4x weak to this Type. 75 Speed is below average, thusly making it prone to be easy to outspeed and even revenge killed, and if used on a Sun team, it's Fire Weakness is worsened and its Special Attack isn't all that good.
If either of those two looks too powerful/too obnoxious to deal with, or if one could be potentially way too better than the other, give me a warning.

Update: Replaced Meganium by Sunflora as Meganium was already from Clean Slate 1.

Last edited:
babey and skyscraper

:xy/spinarak:
Name of the Pokemon: Spinarak (Eviolite Compatible)
Role(s): Physical Wall, Sticky Web Setter, Setup Sweeper, Speed Control
Type: Poison/Normal
Abilities: Poison Point / Poison Touch / Silk Trap
Stat Distribution: 60 / 80 / 120 / 40 / 60 / 40 (390 BST)
Movepool Additions: Slack Off, Swords Dance, Super Fang, Venom Drench
Movepool Removals: N/A
Custom Elements: Silk Trap - Gooey/Tangling Hair clone that also lowers evasiveness
Justification: babey spooder is now a great Eviolite user with fantastic 60/120 Physical bulk with the Eviolite and a ton of cool support options in Sticky Web, Toxic Spikes, Toxic Thread, Body Slam, and Foul Play and the option to go Offensive with Curse or Swords Dance. Outside of moves, its abilities allow it to spread status, either by getting hit (Poison Point) or getting hits (Poison Touch, particularly with Body Slam and Poison Jab), or providing speed control (Silk Trap)

Name of the Pokemon: Duraludon
Role(s): Special Wall, Phazer, Hazard Remover, Hazard Removal Deterrant, Hazard Setter
Type: Steel/Dragon
Abilities: Levitate / Cursed Body
Stat Distribution: 90 / 60 / 70 / 95 / 110 / 75 (500 BST)
Movepool Additions: Toxic, Depletion, Rapid Spin, Recover, Disable
Movepool Removals: Swords Dance, Hone Claws
Custom Elements: Depletion - 50 BP Special 100% Acc Dragon-type move that lowers the PP of the opponent's last used move by 2
Justification: Duraludon pairs pretty well with Spinarak, as both of their typings cover for their weaknesses very well, as Spinarak loving Duraludon's Ground immunity from Levitate and resistance to Psychic. While Spinarak goes for stat reductions and status spreading, Duraludon sets Stealth Rock and then sits in front of the opponent as they try to get rid of it, thanks to its access to Disable meaning that a well timed prediction can render a Defog or Rapid Spin attempt useless.

Last edited:
This Pet Mod was nice in Gen 7, so let's give this thing a whirl, shall we?

Name of the Pokemon: Arctovish
Role(s): Physical Wall, Trick Room Abuser
Type: Water / Ice
Abilities: Water Absorb / Impervious* / Slush Rush
Stat Distribution: 90 / 110 / 130 / 80 / 90 / 55 (555 BST)
Movepool Additions: Toxic, Knock Off, Scald, Defog, Slack Off
Custom Elements: Impervious - Reduces the hazard damage taken from Spikes and Stealth Rock by 50%. Does not affect Steelsurge Spikes.
Justification: Despite still having a crummy defensive typing that lets it down, Arctovish at least has slightly more power behind its attacks, so it can run more offensively-geared sets, however, it usually won't due to its low speed as well as rather unspectacular attacking stats. But anyway, let's focus on its defensive potential. Arctovish's good 90 / 130 / 90 bulk ensures that it can tank a fair amount of hits from physical attackers, and can even take advantage of its decent special bulk to stomach a hit or two if need be. Its access to a wider array of support moves allows it to circumvent its overall passivity with Toxic, lets it be more effective as a tank with Slack Off, be more useful outside of just stalling with Defog, and allows it to cripple physical attackers with Scald, or cripple other pokemon in general with Knock Off.
Arctovish, however, still suffers from a poor defensive typing that makes it weak to Stealth Rock, as well as giving it a lot of other weaknesses to common attacking types in Fighting, Rock, and the like. In addition to this, its low speed, while not a big issue for a defensive pokemon, forces it to move last most of the time, which can make it susceptible to being overpowered by the threats it's supposed to keep in check, which is why it can't really run an offensive variant that well. 90 / 90 special bulk, while not terrible, makes it easy to take out from the special side of attacking, and combined with its low sped, Arctovish may not be able to respond fast enough to whatever's in front of it before it goes down.

Name of the Pokemon: Orbeetle
Role(s): Specially Defensive Wall, Offensive Support, Calm Mind Sweeper
Type: Bug / Psychic
Abilities: Frisk / Magic Guard / Magic Bounce
Stat Distribution: 70 / 45 / 110 / 100 / 120 / 100 (545 BST)
Movepool Additions: Earth Power, Overdrive
Custom Elements: None
Justification: Orbeetle's much-improved stats, support movepool, abilities, as well as access to Recover and Court Change gives it a huge amount of role compression, allowing it to take on many different roles. Magic Guard allows it to evade hazard damage - something that Orbeetle greatly appreciates due to its vulnerability to all hazards. Magic Bounce is useful as well for preventing stuff like Excadrill from getting up Stealth Rock on it, however, Orbeetle will still take damage should it switch in while Stealth Rock is already active, thus making it not as useful. Its crazy defenses allow it to tank hits extremely well, meaning that few things will OHKO it from full HP. Hell, it can even run Calm Mind for offensive variants, but that forces it to give up either a valuable recovery move or Sticky Web.
Despite this, its HP is still not as good as it'd like it to be, and compound this with its rather weak defense, leaves Orbeetle vulnerable to bulkier physical attackers that can tank a hit. Its special attack is not much to write home about, meaning that offensive variants are forced to obtain at least 1 Calm Mind boost, as otherwise, it's not all that strong. While its typing is okay defensively, its high amount of weaknesses, as well as its vulnerability to all forms of entry hazards without Magic Guard hurts Orbeetle as well - it also has to decide between Magic Guard and Magic Bounce for its ability. Magic Guard alleviates its weakness to Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes, however, Magic Bounce allows it to prevent Defoggers from removing Sticky Web as well as purging its vulnerability to Taunt.

OU Clean Slate FTW!
I don't think I've submitted to this Pet Mod before, so lemme know if anything seems inherently broken or unbalanced. Also, can you please specify how long the submission phase lasts?

Last edited:
Sure let’s give it a shot

Name of the Pokemon: Dubwool
Role(s): Physical Wall / Bulky Physical Sweeper
Type: Normal/Steel
Abilities: Fluffy / Steadfast / Bulletproof
Stat Distribution: 100/105/125/60/85/75 (550 BST)
Movepool Additions: Iron Head, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam
Justification: The addition of the Steel type gives a bunch of resistances to Dubwool, which otherwise would have none but an immunity to Ghost. It becomes 4x weak to Fighting, but even then Fighting moves being mostly contact moves may make it tough for them to penetrate Dubwool’s 100/125+Fluffy physical bulk. The combination of Cotton Guard and Body Press allows it to send its Defence to ridiculous levels very quickly and use it to demolish opposing threats (although keep in mind that Fluffy merely reduces damage of enemy contact moves, rather than increasing the stat like Ice Scales, and as such does not increase Body Press damage). The downside of Fluffy is that it also makes Dubwool 4x weak to Fire, so make sure to deal with opposing sources of Fire damage before attempting to set up.

Name of the Pokemon: Ninetales
Role(s): Special Wall, Weather Setter, Offensive Utility, Fast Special Sweeper
Type: Fire/Fairy
Abilities: Flash Fire / Drought
Stat Distribution: 75/60/75/100/150/110 (570 BST)
Movepool Additions: Dazzling Gleam, Misty Terrain, Wonder Room
Justification: Ninetales has always had a variety of utility moves at its disposal, but never quite had the bulk or speed to pull them off in the highest tiers. The combination of Will-O-Wisp and Mystical Fire means that Ninetales can hinder physical and special attackers alike, while the new moves Misty Terrain and Wonder Room allow it to protect its team or temporarily become a physical wall. Of course, having Drought as a hidden ability means that Ninetales will still find its most consistent use on sun teams. Access to three setup moves in Nasty Plot, Agility, and Calm Mind and a variety of coverage in Extrasensory, Shadow Ball, and Energy Ball gives it many options if it wants to build a specially offensive set.

Last edited:
Custom Elements: Mind Switch - 0 BP, 101% acc., Psychic, Status - Clone of Court Change
I would recommed just giving the pokemon Court Change. There are no flavor requirements for this mod, and we really try to keep the custom elements limited to things that are not found elsewhere in the game and are crucial to the pokemon's competitive concept. If you're worried about a lack of flavor hurting your chances of winning, just check out Clean Slate's Mega Metagross or Clean Slate Micro's Crobat.

I would recommed just giving the pokemon Court Change. There are no flavor requirements for this mod, and we really try to keep the custom elements limited to things that are not found elsewhere in the game and are crucial to the pokemon's competitive concept. If you're worried about a lack of flavor hurting your chances of winning, just check out Clean Slate's Mega Metagross or Clean Slate Micro's Crobat.
Oops, I didn't know this. Fixed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)