Combined Searches in Strategy Pokedex

So a lot of suggestions have been made about how to improve the strategy pokedex, so I thought I'd go ahead and pitch mine.

My suggestion is to have a way to combine searches in the strategy pokedex. For instance, if I'm looking for OU users of Stealth Rock, I have a choice, I can:

-Click on "OU" and look through for users of Stealth Rock
or
-Click on "Stealth Rock" and look through for OU-tiered pokemon.

It would be cool if you could find OU users of the move Stealth Rock quickly through searching the strategy pokedex. I know this is sometimes executed on search engines through operators like "AND" and "NOT," ie. Michael Phelps NOT Drugs, to search for swimming related Michael Phelps news that doesnt relate to his marijuana use (not the best example but you get my drift).

I know that the preferences tab can deal with this to an extent, but it is a hassle to constantly change your preferences to find what you are looking for, especially for lower tiers. A way to efficiently search through the Pokedex would be a great addition, whether through a Search bar which understands operators (which would be great in many different situations, not just this one), or simply an alteration to the preferences tab to make this possible.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You click the move Stealth Rock and it brings up a list of the Pokemon with Stealth Rock, then click on "tier" and it sorts all Pokemon by their tier. Is this what you mean, or did I misunderstand you?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah if you click the blue labels at the top you can sort the users of a certain move alphabetically, by tier, by ability, and individual stats. What you're suggesting appears to be redundant.

It would be nice to be able to do an advanced search to find users of multiple moves (eg SR and Explosion), or Steel-types with Earthquake, but you can do that on Veekun for now.

@ Firecape / Fatecrashers
Yeah I understand that you can do that with the preferences option. It just seems like a Search Bar / some other way to find multiple things would be easier than finding a move, then changing your preferences, and even then still having to sift through unwanted information.

I think what they were referring to is, while on a move page (e.g. http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/stealth_rock), clicking the "Tier" heading in the Pokémon table. This sorts the Pokémon by tier and so then you could fairly easily find, for example, all OU Pokémon that learn Stealth Rock.

Using preferences to filter out all lower tiers would further help in this method.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah dude firecape and I were not talking about the preferences option at all.

If you click this then it takes like 2 seconds to sift through the information:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)