Combo Battles!!

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
The larger problem is that Porygon-Z is too slow and frail to use Lock-On+Tri Attack effectively.

Power-Up Punch + Superpower (Superpower Punch): Superpower raises Attack and Defense by +1 instead.

Fire Punch + Superpower (Heavy Firepower): Superpower lowers Attack and Defense by -2, has 160BP, and has a 60% chance to burn.

Ice Punch + Superpower (Cold Crusher): Superpower also lowers Speed by -1, has 140BP, has a 30% chance to freeze.

ThunderPunch + Superpower (Lightning Strike): Superpower also lowers Special Defense by -1, has 150BP, has a 60% chance to Paralyze.

Thunder Punch + Ice Punch + Fire Punch = Falcon Punch

Neat idea, this. Kudos. Let me throw in my two pennies.

Nasty Plot + Any Dark Type Move = 50% increase in BP, 20% chance to Flinch.

Calm Mind + Any Psychic Type Move = 50% increase in BP, 20% chance to increase Special Attack.

And so on for the many set up moves.

Thunder Punch + Ice Punch + Fire Punch = Falcon Punch

Neat idea, this. Kudos. Let me throw in my two pennies.

Nasty Plot + Any Dark Type Move = 50% increase in BP, 20% chance to Flinch.

Calm Mind + Any Psychic Type Move = 50% increase in BP, 20% chance to increase Special Attack.

And so on for the many set up moves.
Fire Punch + Focus Punch = Falcon Punch, Focus Punch still needs to focus but it is 180 BP and has a 30% chance to burn, although it also lowers user's Defense, Special Defense and Speed by one stage each.

RicepigeonKKM

Wait, who?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm assuming that in Singles this involves selecting two moves on subsequent turns in order? If so...

Charge/Electric Terrain + Hyper Beam/Giga Impact: Hyper Beam/Giga Impact are now Electric type attacks and no longer require a turn of recharge. Base power is now 195 and both now have a 30% Paralysis chance.
Fusion Bolt + Freeze Shock: Freeze Shock no longer requires a charge on first turn and now hits for both Ice and Electric damage (similar to Flying Press).
Fusion Flare + Ice Burn: Ice Burn no longer requires a charge on first turn and now hits for both Ice and Fire damage (similar to Flying Press).
High Jump Kick + U-turn: U-turn turns into HJK, which now has perfect accuracy has no recoil in addition to sending the Pokemon back to your party.
Dragon Dance + Dragon Claw: Dragon Claw now raises attack and speed by 1 stage each.
Mean Look + Scary Face: Scary Face now lowers the opponent's attack and speed by 2 stages each.
Powder Snow + Blizzard: Blizzard is now to 180 Base power and 100% accurate.
Focus Energy + Focus Punch: Focus Punch now has 180 base power and cannot be interrupted even if hit.
Charge + Thunder Wave: Thunder Wave now has +1 Priority, and now hit both Pokemon in Double Battles.
Confusion/Psychic/Calm Mind + Teleport: Teleport now becomes a 70 Base Power special Psychic type attack that sends the user back to the party (ala U-turn & Volt Switch).
Glaciate/Icy Wind + Sheer Cold: Sheer Cold now has a 100% Freeze chance instead of inflicting an OHKO.
Earthquake/Earth Power + Eruption: Eruption now hits for 150 Base Power regardless of the user's HP.
Swords Dance + Fury Cutter: Fury Cutter is now 80 Base Power and now has a 50% chance to raise attack by 1 stage.
Cosmic Power + Ancientpower: Ancientpower now has 80 Base Power and a 100% chance to boost all stats by 1 stage.

I'm assuming that in Singles this involves selecting two moves on subsequent turns in order? If so...

Charge/Electric Terrain + Hyper Beam/Giga Impact: Hyper Beam/Giga Impact are now Electric type attacks and no longer require a turn of recharge. Base power is now 195 and both now have a 30% Paralysis chance.
Fusion Bolt + Freeze Shock: Freeze Shock no longer requires a charge on first turn and now hits for both Ice and Electric damage (similar to Flying Press).
Fusion Flare + Ice Burn: Ice Burn no longer requires a charge on first turn and now hits for both Ice and Fire damage (similar to Flying Press).
High Jump Kick + U-turn: U-turn turns into HJK, which now has perfect accuracy has no recoil in addition to sending the Pokemon back to your party.
Dragon Dance + Dragon Claw: Dragon Claw now raises attack and speed by 1 stage each.
Mean Look + Scary Face: Scary Face now lowers the opponent's attack and speed by 2 stages each.
Powder Snow + Blizzard: Blizzard is now to 180 Base power and 100% accurate.
Focus Energy + Focus Punch: Focus Punch now has 180 base power and cannot be interrupted even if hit.
Charge + Thunder Wave: Thunder Wave now has +1 Priority, and now hit both Pokemon in Double Battles.
Confusion/Psychic/Calm Mind + Teleport: Teleport now becomes a 70 Base Power special Psychic type attack that sends the user back to the party (ala U-turn & Volt Switch).
Glaciate/Icy Wind + Sheer Cold: Sheer Cold now has a 100% Freeze chance instead of inflicting an OHKO.
Earthquake/Earth Power + Eruption: Eruption now hits for 150 Base Power regardless of the user's HP.
Swords Dance + Fury Cutter: Fury Cutter is now 80 Base Power and now has a 50% chance to raise attack by 1 stage.
Cosmic Power + Ancientpower: Ancientpower now has 80 Base Power and a 100% chance to boost all stats by 1 stage.
yah, then I can just dargon dance>dargon klaw> WIN!!!

Fire Punch + Focus Punch = Falcon Punch, Focus Punch still needs to focus but it is 180 BP and has a 30% chance to burn, although it also lowers user's Defense, Special Defense and Speed by one stage each.
So basically it's V-Create that needs to focus. No.

Make it a 200 BP move that take a charge turn rather than focus. But it has a 50% flinhc chance, them flinching art the huge awesomeness of bird in their face.

Charge Beam + Flash Cannon: Master Spark Railgun
Has an additional 30% chance of paralyzing.
Charge + Volt Tackle : Blazing Star (200BP priority, removes recoil) (this is a joke)

Aqua Ring + Water move : x1.2 boost, heals half of the damage dealt
Ingrain + Giga Drain : Giga Drain becomes a 100 BP move. Heals 75% of the damage dealt
Fling + Acrobatics : Acrobatics has a +1 priority
Shell Smash + Razor Shell : Razor Shell becomes a 100 BP move.

Charge + Volt Tackle : Blazing Star (200BP priority, removes recoil) (this is a joke)
Ohhh, let's do this.

Blizzard + Power Gem: Diamond Blizzard
Power Gem hits all foes in double/triple battles, and has an additional 20% chance of freezing.

Sunny Day + Fire Blast: Royal Flare
Fire Blast now hits twice, but with 80 BP each.

Flame Charge + Night Slash: Laevateinn
Night Slash becomes 120 BP, as well as an additional 30% burn chance, but receives 1/3 recoil.

Flame Charge/Flame Wheel/Flare Blitz + Reflect: Salamander Shield
Additional 50% burn chance if the opponent hits with a physical move; lasts as long as Reflect.

Also, some normal ones:

Tailwind + Jump Kick/High Jump Kick: Cyclone Kick
Jump Kick/High Jump Kick becomes +1 priority, and the recoil is reduced to 1/4 HP.

Feint + Air Cutter/Slash: Kamaitachi
Air Cutter/Slash bypasses Protect, Substitude, screens as well as any defensive boost.

Drill Run + Megahorn: Buster Horn
Megahorn will always crit.

Swords Dance + Slash: Slash always crits
Swords Dance + Cut: Cut triples in power (and then boosted by SD), Super Effective on Grass types
Iron Defense + Iron Head: Bypasses Resistances
Fire Blast + Focus Blast: Focus Blast doubles in power
Focus Blast + Fire Blast: Fire Blast doubles in power (dare you hit them both)

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Fire Blast + Focus Blast: Focus Blast doubles in power
Focus Blast + Fire Blast: Fire Blast doubles in power (dare you hit them both)
This is pretty ridiculous since they can be chained together ad infinitum (nobody said both moves have to hit) and have absurd amounts of power

Charge+Hyper Beam: 252+ SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 629-741 (89.3 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

That's pretty fucking ridiculous

I hope you're kidding, because this is absurd

Last edited:
This is pretty ridiculous since they can be chained together ad infinitum (nobody said both moves have to hit) and have absurd amounts of power

Charge+Hyper Beam: 252+ SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 629-741 (89.3 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Maximum multiplier is x2 so 220 and 240 are maximum for Fire and Focus Blasts respectively. Oh, and hitting both moves is a requirance to succesfully execute combo

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Maximum multiplier is x2 so 220 and 240 are maximum for Fire and Focus Blasts respectively. Oh, and hitting both moves is a requirance to succesfully execute combo
Ehat I meant is that you can do Fire Blast>Focus Blast>Fire Blast etc. Which can be pretty damn scary if it's used by something like Infernape who gets STAB on both of them

Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball+Dazzling Gleam or Dazzling Gleam+Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball: Twilight Sparkle
Base Power of Dazzling Gleam/(Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse) is 120

Defense Curl+Rollout/Iceball: Daisy me rollin'
+1 Priority on Rollout/Iceball.

Sunny Day+Moonlight: Cycle of day
Uses Moonlight automaticly after 3 rounds, even works after switching out.

This is something you should be mentioning when you post the combo.

Although I'm not the meta's creator, I'm going to make a statement here in regards to a lot of the combos that have been posted. In general, the boost that a combo creates should be inversely proportional to the viability of the moves that are in it. That is, a combo that requires two terrible moves (like Astonish + Scary Face) should be pretty powerful to compensate for the fact that you have to waste half of your moveslots to do it, and a combo that consists of two viable moves (like Earthquake + Icicle Crash) should have very little boosts if any at all. If two particular moves are viable options on the same set for several viable Pokemon (like Dragon Dance + Dragon Claw), there most definitely shouldn't be a boost.

Even with the above, we need to be reasonable with our boosts. Sure, nobody uses Charge, but giving Hyper Beam 195 Base Power doubled by Charge and without a recharge turn, STAB with 90% of the Mons who get it, and a 30% Paralysis chance is just ridiculous. Some examples that I think are pretty good are zerobreaker's Gyro Ball + Rapid Spin and Valzy's Electroweb + Sticky Web.

tl;dr: This may be a Pet Mod, but it's still a metagame, and metagames need to be balanced.

Also, more combos:
  • Spiky Shield + Spikes (Spike Ejection): Lays two layers of Spikes instead of one.
  • Vine Whip/Power Whip + Bind (Lasso): Bind becomes Grass-type, is guaranteed to hit, and lasts five turns.
  • Camouflage + Priority move (Sneak Attack): The opponent is guaranteed to flinch this turn.
  • Lock-On + Multi-hitting move (Target Strike): The multi-hitting move is guaranteed to crit and hit 5 times if it can.
  • Grassy Terrain + Grass Whistle (Fresh Grass Whistle): Grass Whistle always works for the duration of Grassy Terrain.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is something you should be mentioning when you post the combo.

Although I'm not the meta's creator, I'm going to make a statement here in regards to a lot of the combos that have been posted. In general, the boost that a combo creates should be inversely proportional to the viability of the moves that are in it. A combo that requires two terrible moves (like Astonish + Scary Face) should be pretty powerful to compensate for the fact that you have to waste half of your moveslots to do it. A combo that consists of two viable moves (like Earthquake + Icicle Crash) should have very little boosts if any at all. If two particular moves are viable options on the same set for several viable Pokemon (like Dragon Dance + Dragon Claw), there most definitely shouldn't be a boost.

Even with the above, we need to be reasonable with our boosts. Sure, nobody uses Charge, but giving Hyper Beam 195 Base Power without recharge, STAB with 90% of the Mons who get it, and a 30% Paralysis chance is just ridiculous. Some examples that I think are pretty good are zerobreaker's Gyro Ball + Rapid Spin and Valzy's Electroweb + Sticky Web.

tl;dr: This may be a Pet Mod, but it's still a metagame, and metagames need to be balanced.

Also, more combos:
  • Spiky Shield + Spikes (Spike Ejection): Lays two layers of Spikes instead of one.
  • Vine Whip/Power Whip + Bind (Lasso): Bind becomes Grass-type, is guaranteed to hit, and lasts five turns.
  • Camouflage + Priority move (Sneak Attack): The opponent is guaranteed to flinch this turn.
  • Lock-On + Multi-hitting move (Target Strike): The multi-hitting move is guaranteed to crit and hit 5 times if it can.
  • Grassy Terrain + Grass Whistle (Fresh Grass Whistle): Grass Whistle always works for the duration of Grassy Terrain.
You forgot to mention that Charge doubles Hyper Beam's power to a ridiculous 390

RicepigeonKKM

Wait, who?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

You forgot to mention that Charge doubles Hyper Beam's power to a ridiculous 390
Gah, I completely overlooked the fact that Charge doubled the base power of Electric moves. With that in mind, Hyper Beam's base power should definitely stay at 150:

252+ SpA Life Orb Thundurus-T Charge+Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 484-569 (68.7 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hell, I guess I'd even vouch to have Hyper Beam's base power drop to 125 (becomes 250 after Charge) at this point. Opinions?

Error on my part again. *facepalm* Was copypasting DD's effect and forgot to remove the speed boost effect. But yeah, in retrospect, guaranteed +1 attack from Dragon Claw does seem a bit ridiculous. Maybe 30% chance? This is what I get for being half asleep when posting this.

Belly Drum + Belch (Good Eats) = Belch is now Physical, has 150 BP and a 30% chance to Flinch, but has 20% Recoil as well. Belch must still consume a Berry to be used.

Cotton Spore + Cotton Guard (Pillowfort) = Cotton Guard gives an additional +1 to Defense and +2 to Special Defense.

Electro Ball + Gyro Ball (Hella Ballin') = Gyro Ball has a 50% chance to Paralyze the target.

Gyro Ball + Electro Ball (Super Baller) = Electro Ball has a 40% chance to Flinch the target.

Dragon Dance + Outrage (Draco Fury) = Outrage no longer confuses, but has 25% Recoil.

Fake Out + Taunt (Trickster's Special) = Taunt now lasts for 7 turns instead. Fake Out must have made contact.

Taunt + Fake Out (Wait, What?) = Fake Out may be used in the middle of the battle, but the target is immune to Taunt as long as they remain in play.

Double Team + Double-Edge (Double Trouble) = Double-Edge has 150 BP and no recoil, reduces Evasion by -2.

Iron Head + Head Smash (Metalhead) = Head Smash only has 25% Recoil, hits Steel-types neutrally.

Last edited:
Hone Claws + Rock Wrecker (Stonecrusher) = Rock Wrecker has 180 BP, 100 acc, and lowers the target's Atk, Def, and Spe by 1 stage.

Electrify + Charge + Discharge (ARC Reactor) = Discharge has 130 BP, a 100% Paralyze chance, and lowers the target's Sp.Atk, Sp.Def, and Spe by one stage.

Fire Punch + Blaze Kick (Fire Flurry) = Blaze Kick has a 50% chance to Burn and always crits.

Signal Beam + U-Turn (Good Driving Habits) = U-Turn has 100 BP and has a 50% chance to Confuse the target.

Sandstorm + Focus Blast (boostd acc.)

Would this not LOWER the accuraccy due to you know being in a sandstorm? Normally you cannot see with all that sand in your eyes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)