Project Community Create-A-Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Quote, co-hosted with Krytocon
Community Create-A-Team

Welcome to Community Create-A-Team, shortly known as CCAT, where we, the community, try our bests at creating a coherent and cohesive 1v1 team. But before we get started, we have to establish some rules:
  • Keep shitposting to a minimum. We want to have fun and stuff, but we just have to not shitpost all the time.
  • Commenting on another person's suggestion should be constructive and positive.
  • Bad sets are not allowed, but we do allow creative sets. Underrated mons and creative EV spreads are all allowed.
  • Voting isn't about the reacts, votes work by writing a reply. [Ex: "Vote pokemon name here, the person who suggested here]. You can only vote once, unless there's a situation where multiple votes will be used. You can also change your vote if you need to.
  • In cases where multiple suggestions have the same number of votes, then a tiebreaker vote will then ensue
  • You can vote for your own suggestion if it seems to be the best out of all the other suggestions
  • You can only suggest twice a week, except for week 2. You can suggest for as many times as you want for week 2. One suggestion per post.
How does this work? In a span of three weeks, we are given the task to make a 1v1 team that can withstand the metagame. We're talking about a team, with the right handling, can reach high parts of the ladder. Each week is guided by the 5 Ps

Week 0 - Picking

Before the actual teambuilding starts we have to pick a Pokemon to build around. Anybody can suggest a mon to me or Krytocon by either pm'ing us in Pokemon Showdown or in Discord.

Week 1 - Partner
In the first week the first mon is introduced and the community's goal is to find a mon that best pairs with it, giving reasons why they work best, providing a list of mons the pair beats while also stating there flaws as partners. A sample set will be provided for the first mon, but anyone can deviate from it. When suggesting a pair, make sure to provide a set. Do not suggest a third mon on this week. The community then votes for the pair they deem worthy.

Week 2 - Procure
After we've decided on a pair, we then find the final mon of the party. The process is basically the same as the previous one, still stating the reasons why the third mon glues the team all together. Remember to provide a set for the third mon. Deviating from the sets of the previous pair should be kept to a minimum. Do not change too much from the previous week, don't remove too much moves and don't fix EVs yet.

Week 3 - Polish
The reason why EVs and movesets shouldn't be changed too much is in preparation for week 3. In the third and final week, the community pimps out the sets. Fixing EVs, changing a few moves, adding small details and even nicknames.

Week 3.5 - Publish
After the team has been finished, the community decides where it goes, do they want to "Break It" (BMT), "Showcase It" (Team Bazaar), or "Sample it" (Sample Teams). When a team is to be made a sample team, do note of the criteria:
  • The team is accompanied by a clear explanation of the roles of each member and how the team should be played. The team should be representative of the 1v1 metagame. Niche builds are less likely to be featured than ones that represent the defining builds of the metagame.The team should be extensively tested and polished.
  • Having demonstrated success on ladder and tournaments is also a plus.The team should have sufficient counterplay to most or all of the metagame, as well as general team archetypes (hyper offense, bulky offense, stall, etc).
  • Sample teams should be relatively simple and intuitive to use. A new player should be able to understand how the sets and team as a whole work based on a brief description. This is a little harder to quantify, so try to put yourself in the shoes of a newer player. Is the general strategy of this team immediately apparent just given your description? If not, it probably isn't suitable for samples.
The most voted teams and the process and progress they went to will be here:
:^)

For each teambuilding session, there may be added twists to make it more challenging like "No Mon Above B-" or "Mons with BST less than 550" or even "A UU Team for ladder." Everybody can suggest other twist to either me or Krytocon.

After realizing that having only two people decide a mon for the first week, we have decided to make a board of people who decide the first mon for every session BOPWDTFMFES.

Discord: https://discord.gg/7JY84c4
Now let's have fun!

Last edited:
After a long wait, CCAT Week 1 will now be in session. Thank you to everybody who suggested the initial mon for a total of 21 mons. After narrowing the 21 to 5, and 5 to 2, we have the first mon to build around for the first session of CCAT.

Tapu Bulu
s/o to Synonimous, for suggesting this mon
Bulu is a great wallbreaker and has an amazing ability in Grassy Terrain. We chose this mon because of the fact that it is overshadowed by its Tapu siblings. Not only that, Bulu is a fun mon to build around, being capable of beating a good portion of water types especially PrimaFini and MGyara, threats that are quite common in the meta. The meta also has a lack of Grass types, hopefully, this can help with that. The runner-up for first mon was Delphox, who is probably more underrated than Tapu Bulu, but Bulu gives of a better vibe as the first mon for the first ever session of CCAT. Deciding between Bulu and Delphox was still quite hard and all boiled down to a bunch of coinflips, but Lady Luck decided to smile upon Tapu Bulu. To be honest, having only two people in deciding is hard, so we're also looking for people who can co-co-host with us, so if you're interested, hit us up at either PS or Discord. Now let's get building

W e e k 1 - P a r t n e r

Now that we have the first mon to build around, our goal is to find a mon that best pairs with it. Give reasons why the mon you're suggesting will make a great partner for the initial mon.

Submissions close on Friday, 9:00pm EST, and voting starts on that same time. Voting closes on Saturday 9:00pm EST. The winning pair will be introduced on Week 2, which will be on Sunday 9:00am EST.

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 240 HP / 180 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Wood Hammer

The 88 spe is to outspeed most Tapu Lele at -1 and kill it even with Reflect and +1 Def, and kill it Z-Wood Hammer with a +4 boost in attack after two SDs. The bulk is for special attackers. This set is was originally Wrath of Alakazam's, but I added a small change to it. Note: You may deviate from this set as soon as possible and design it in a way that truly supports the pair.

Most calcs stolen from here
+4 0 Atk Tapu Bulu Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. +1 144 HP / 140 Def Tapu Lele in Grassy Terrain through Reflect: 411-483 (129.6 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 240 HP / 180+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 294-346 (86.2 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 240 HP / 180+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 296-350 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Beam vs. 240 HP / 180+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 279-328 (81.8 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
100+ SpA Choice Specs Necrozma Prismatic Laser vs. 240 HP / 180+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 300-354 (87.9 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Let's all have fun, and remember, post on the thread, no more need to PM.

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Alrighty. So Golem should be Tapu Bulu's partner (one of them anyways). Reasons? Sure. It takes care of Tapu Bulu's weaknesses (and vice versa), and it beats major mons that wreck Bulu, like both Charizards, Magerna, Zeraora, Porygon-Z (yes it does wreck bulu, with Hyper beam), ect, and some minor but still great mons like Blaziken, Entei, Genesect, ect. And Bulu takes care of stuff that beats golem, such as Primirina, Donphan, Jumpluff, ect. Overall, the two alone take care of their weaknesses and mons that smash them. The only major Mon that beats them both easily (with a proper moveset anyways) is Mega Gyrados, but hey, I'm sure there is one other partner in the future that may come up that solves that.
Edit: Oops, forgot one other thing. The Movesets! And the fact that Bulu can beat Mega Gyrados (Golem still fails miserably to beat Mega Gyrados though) and bulu already got it's moveset, which makes my life easier, so yeah I'll be doing a set for Golem. Stone edge and Earthquake (strong stab), Counter (allows for victory vs stuff like Kartana, Physical Pheromosa, ect), and sucker punch because it, along with Sturdy, allows it to get cheesy KOs (like vs Mega Metagross, another Golem, ect). As for the item, I could see Groundium Z or Rockium Z. EVs for Golem will be 252 attack, 252 speed, and 4 sp.defense (don't need much bulk anyways because sturdy). Oh yeah, since the co owner of this thread wants me to do a sample set, and everyone else done it, I suppose I'll do it. Tapu Bulu will have Swords Dance, Wood Hammer, Rock Tomb, and taunt. As for EVs, it's 240 HP, 180 Sp.Defense, and 108 speed. This edit thing is to fix flaws/things I did wrong so it can be up to date and stuff. OK, one more thing. That Magerna does beat those two, but hey, that's what the third partner is for!

Last edited:
Alrighty. So Golem should be Tapu Bulu's partner (one of them anyways). Reasons? Sure. It takes care of Tapu Bulu's weaknesses (and vice versa), and it beats major mons that wreck Bulu, like both Charizards, Magerna, Zeraora, Porygon-Z (yes it does wreck bulu, with Hyper beam), ect, and some minor but still great mons like Blaziken, Entei, Genesect, ect. And Bulu takes care of stuff that beats golem, such as Primirina, Donphan, Jumpluff, ect. Overall, the two alone take care of their weaknesses and mons that smash them. The only major Mon that beats them both easily (with a proper moveset anyways) is Mega Gyrados, but hey, I'm sure there is one other partner in the future that may come up that solves that.
So uh, I'm not deleting this post to serve as a reminder for other people. As mentioned in the first post, "When suggesting a pair, make sure to provide a set." I like how you state what they both cover and what they still might lose to (Bulu beats Mega Gyarados btw). What this is just missing is sets for Golem and Bulu, your reason why those sets are what best fits the pair, and citing more (and accurate) mons that 2-0 the pair like BandChomp (just an example). I'd like to see a revamped post of this.

Here is a cool mon that can partner well with bulu
Magcargo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 148 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ancient Power
- Shell Smash
- Overheat
- Protect
Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Wood Hammer
Bulu and Magcargo make good partners because they can cover eachothers weaknesses, Magcargo beats things that threaten bulu such as magearna and zards. While bulu can beat lele and mega dos, Magcargo can shell smash -----> ancient power zard while dodging eq and survive a +1 outrage, And if zard flame charges or outrages it activates weak armor allowing it to outspeed, And against magearna it can just click overheat.
Pros: They're able to beat many top tier "threats" and have great synergey.
Cons: Both mons rely on luck to beat things like dragonite and greninja.

Last edited:
Its regice time
Regice @ Icium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 16 SpA / 72 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Wood Hammer

Regice handles a lot of threats too bulu, such as dnite, magearna, zygarde, and consistently handling greninja. Main issue is the glaring charizard weakness, along with struggling with steels, but thats what the third partner is for.

Last edited:

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Edit: Oops, forgot one other thing. The Movesets! And the fact that Bulu can beat Mega Gyrados (Golem still fails miserably to beat Mega Gyrados though) and bulu already got it's moveset, which makes my life easier, so yeah I'll be doing a set for Golem. Stone edge and Earthquake (strong stab), Counter (allows for victory vs stuff like Kartana, Physical Pheromosa, ect), and sucker punch because it, along with Sturdy, allows it to get cheesy KOs (like vs Mega Metagross, another Golem, ect). As for the item, I could see groundium Z or Rockium Z. Although the rules say you don't need to say how the EVs should be... You really don't. During the EV spread thing, a little box shows you the EVs you need.
I really like this idea! It'd still be nice to provide a sample set though even if its the simplest thing in existence.

Here is a cool mon that can partner well with bulu
Magcargo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 148 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Shell Smash
- Overheat
- Protect
Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Wood Hammer
Bulu and Magcargo make good partners because they can cover eachothers weaknesses, Magcargo beats things that threaten bulu such as magearna and zards. While bulu can beat lele and mega dos, Magcargo can shell smash -----> ancient power zard while dodging eq and survive a +1 outrage, And if zard flame charges or outrages it activates weak armor allowing it to outspeed, And against magearna it can just click overheat.
Pros: They're able to beat many top tier "threats" and have great synergey.
Cons: Both mons rely on luck to beat things like dragonite and greninja.
I also really like Mag the Car that Goes, its a really unused mon but could be interesting and many opponents could not know what it does. Also beating both zards and gyara in your 2 mon core gives you a lot of freedom for your third mon.
Its regice time
Regice @ Icium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 16 SpA / 72 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Amnesia
- Rest
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Tomb
- Taunt
- Wood Hammer

Regice handles a lot of threats too bulu, such as dnite, magearna, zygarde, and consistently handling greninja. Main issue is the glaring charizard weakness, along with struggling with steels, but thats what the third partner is for.
of course disco goes for regice
good mon

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
My thought is Entei for a teammate

Entei @ Rockium Z
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 44 Def / 208 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Flame Charge / Stomping Tantrum

this covers rock, ice, and flying types for Tapu Bulu, and Bulu in return beats Waters, Rocks, and Grounds that beat Entei. This can lead into a nice FWG core, and the two cover a significant portion of the meta, sans physical flyinium dragonite. it's a lot more stylish than golem, and beats more of Bulu's threats as well, such as Magearna.

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Alright Kyrtocoon, thanks for the praise, and I gladly put the EVs, set, and item in the edit for you, even though it wasn't required (because we all need our good moments). As for you, AllFourtyOne, Golem does smack Magerna down with Groundium Z (not sure if regular Earthquake OHKOs though). And unlike Entei, it can easily beat physical Dragonite via counter.

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Alright Kyrtocoon, thanks for the praise, and I gladly put the EVs, set, and item in the edit for you, even though it wasn't required (because we all need our good moments). As for you, AllFourtyOne, Golem does smack Magerna down with Groundium Z (not sure if regular Earthquake OHKOs though). And unlike Entei, it can easily beat physical Dragonite via counter.
Standard ID Magearna beats Golem. ID T1, Pain Split T2, Z Fleur KOs

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
EVs: 180 HP / 92 Atk / 60 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Taunt
This beats Magearna

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower

S Rank

Charizard-Mega Hax

Dragonite Hax

Gyarados-Mega Bulu

Magearna Bulu

A+ Rank

Porygon-Z Hax

Tapu Lele Bulu

A Rank

Greninja Hax

Magnezone Hax

Meloetta Lose

Metagross-Mega Lose

Mew Lose

Slowbro-Mega Bulu

Zygarde-Complete Bulu

A- Rank

Aegislash Bulu wins if played right

Gardevoir-Mega I think lose

Jumpluff Either

Kommo-o Hax

Landorus-Therian Flyinium you lose to

Togekiss Lose

B+ Rank

Altaria-Mega I think Tapu Bulu should win with Taunt Seed, I may be wrong

Celesteela Lose

Clefable Think Bulu wins

Donphan Bulu

Garchomp Hax

Genesect Lose

Heatran Hax

Lopunny-Mega Either

Primarina Bulu

Sableye-Mega Bulu I think

Tapu Fini Bulu

Tyranitar-Mega Bulu

Venusaur-Mega Lose

Zeraora Bulu

B Rank

Aggron-Mega Lose

Crustle Lose

Ferrothorn Lose

Incineroar Lose
jirachi.png

Jirachi Lose

Kartana Lose

Magneton Hax

Mawile-Mega Lose

Naganadel Hax

Necrozma Win against stall, I think lose to specs

Pinsir-Mega Hax

Porygon2 Bulu(?)

Victini Hax

Volcarona Hax

B- Rank

Archeops Hax or if scarf Bulu should do it fine

audino-mega.png

Audino-Mega Bulu has taunt

Blastoise-Mega Bulu

Blaziken 252 Atk Blaziken-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 271-319 (92.4 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO this is jolly, if adamant Hax outspeeds and 252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blaziken-Mega: 288-340 (95.6 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Camerupt-Mega I'm going from the sets in Mace's paste, the yawn one is rng reliant and the calm one Hax should win

Carracosta Bulu

Deoxys-S Bulu has advantage, but depends on how it is played

Diancie-Mega Bulu

Durant Lose

Golem Bulu

Haxorus lol

Hoopa-Unbound Depends on set

Krookodile Bulu

Kyurem Hax for non haban

Latias-Mega Hax

Manaphy Bulu

Medicham-Mega Either

Raikou Either

Sawk Hax or Bulu depending on set

Swampert-Mega Bulu

Vivillon Hax

Whimsicott Bulu

Zapdos Lose to bold, win against modest

C+ Rank
ambipom.png

Ambipom Hax

Avalugg I think you might be able to sub seed it to Z-Wood Hammer

Blacephalon Hax

Chansey Bulu, just remember Z-Wood Hammer doesn't OHKO immediately so you need to get a tiny bit of chip first
emboar.png

Emboar Hax Scarf Emboar can't OHKO, so unless they're bulky band they lose

Gallade-Mega 192 Atk Gallade-Mega Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 247-292 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Gengar-Mega Hax

Gigalith Bulu

Heracross-Mega Lose

Latios Hax

Nihilego Hax

Pheromosa Hax

Rotom-Heat Hax

Salamence Lose

Scizor-Mega Lose
scolipede.png

Scolipede Mostly Lose
scrafty.png

Scrafty Scrafty op but it ain't beating a Bulu

Skarmory Lose

Steelix-Mega Think Bulu

Tapu Bulu Lol

Terrakion Bulu

Type: Null Bulu

Umbreon Bulu should be able to burst it

Xurkitree Either

C Rank

Alakazam Hax

Blissey Bulu

Buzzwole 2swole4me

Crobat Hax

Empoleon Idk what this even runs

Entei Hax

Excadrill Hax

Infernape Hax

Keldeo Bulu
lilligant.png

Lilligant I think Hax

Lycanroc-Dusk Bulu

Marowak-Alola Hax

Pidgeot-Mega Hax

Pyukumuku Bulu

Rhyperior Bulu

Serperior Maybe Hax? New sets are popping up

Slaking Lose

Smeargle Either

Thundurus-Therian Hax

Volcanion Hax

C- Rank

Alomomola Bulu

Azumarill If Sap Sipper lose

Bellossom Bulu I think, I'm getting tired at this point

Chandelure Hax
chesnaught.png

Chesnaught Lose

Cloyster Bulu beats LO, loses to scarf

Darmanitan Hax

Gliscor Bulu should win

Hydreigon Hax

Illumise Idk

Landorus Lose

Lucario-Mega Hax
mamoswine.png

Mamoswine Bulu if you outspeed, also scarf Mamoswine doesn't kill

Muk-Alola Lose

Ninetales-Alola Lose

Quagsire Bulu SIKE QUAGGY OP
reuniclus.png

Reuniclus Idk what this does

Salazzle Hax

Sceptile I think Hax

Staraptor I think lose

Suicune Bulu

Talonflame 252+ Atk Gale Wings Talonflame Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 271-321 (92.4 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Togedemaru Hax

D Rank

Abomasnow-Mega Lose

Araquanid I think Bulu wins

Arcanine Hax

Aron Hax

Breloom Hax

Dhelmise I think hax

Hawlucha Should lose

Rampardos Either

Relicanth Bulu
riolu.png

Riolu Hax

Stakataka Hax 252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Superpower vs. 208 HP / 0 Def Stakataka: 296-352 (93.9 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Sylveon Bulu

I regret all of my decisions

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
OK, make that non iron defense mag that it OHKOs with Groundium Z. But even so, there is still the opportunity to get a crit, or use groundium Z and then earth quake.

Aight, double submission time. I'm going to be building around this Bulu. Just a modified atti set with speed crept a bit.

The first mon I want to submit is Groundium Z Garchomp. This beast, which also being a physical attacker, takes care of Bulu's glaring zard weakness, as well as many steel types and poison types.

The second mon I'd like to submit is Magnezone. This thing beats Zard Y, as well as some Zard Xs. It also breaks many steel type mons that threaten Bulu with Metal Sound and is immune to the poison types. Also has a solid Dragonite matchup.

Last edited:
Okay folks, enough with the dumb jokes, suggesting Golem for teammate? you must be dumb as rocks
Till now this thread has felt kinda dull, so lemme pull up the heat! Here comes Type: Null

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Confide
- Rest
- Flame Charge

This thing is severely underrated. It can shut down pretty much any and every physical attacker. The EVs make sure that it deals with Mega Charizard X in every way (unless it has belly drum, but that's less than 10% usage), and Mega Charizard Y (normally you'd have to guess which one it is, but you can comfortably confide turn1 and still beat a possible zardX). It also deals with things like Dragonite and Landorus-T, that Bulu might struggle against.

Tapu Bulu covers greatly against Pokemon like Whimsicott and Jumpluff with its grass type, and fighting types thanks to its Fairy typing.

This duo might find itself at a disadvantage when fighting against Mega Venusaur (but it depends on sleep rolls against type: null, since it can usually rest it out), Kartana, Kew and Mega Aggron. Sawk might seem like a problem but it is not, since Scarf does not deal enough damage to kill type: null while the other sets don't usually carry Poison Jab.
(There are also some other things that can beat both by running a set with taunt, but I excluded them since they are less relevant sets.)

bonus points since Type: Null is C+

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Heh. I am willing to comeback on ANYONE who dares challenge my nomination for Golem as the partner. Now, Type Null as the partner? Ohohoho! Oh, hohoho! You're funny. You see, Type Null is literal taunt bait. Hmm? Flame Charge? Have fun killing with a base 50 power move that isn't even stab! Oh, tackle? Good luck killing with 35 base power that isn't even super effective on anything! Second off, not just taunt beats it either. Stuff like Pheromosa, Mega Loupunny (who by the way, is SUPER common), anything that gets rid of knock off, and more. Now, for reasons why it shouldn't be the partner, other than the general flaws. 1: I'll actually admit, that I honestly found the other partners being more useful. Entei,and at least has the coverage and power to take care of many things that would beat Bulu, at least Regice can run many moves that allow it to beat Pokemon that normally beat it! As for Magcargo, even though I don't see much potential out of it, at least it isn't total taunt bait and can get some easy KOs! Type Null? Oh, doing the same old thing I always knew it did, which is... PP stall (except Flame Charge isn't tackle). 2: It really does not beat many things that beat Tapu Bulu. OK, yes it does beat Magerna and some others, but me (and everyone else, can't forget all the rest of you WONDERFUL people), listed more things that our Pokemon beats that Tapu Bulu doesn't. Good luck fixing much of those problems with only a team of three! As for me? Everyone seems to like the way I mentioned Golems strengths and weaknesses, EXCEPT for the fact that I forgot that Magerna does beat those two, but that's what the third partner is for. Also, good grief. I never made a post so long in my life!

Well everyone I feel the need to paste this here.

Golem (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Bulldoze
- Smack Down

This Golem beats Magerna, courtesy of the lord himself, Landon

EDIT: Ironically enough I am pasting this set off of a team with Bulu

Well everyone I feel the need to paste this here.

Golem (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Bulldoze
- Smack Down

This Golem beats Magerna, courtesy of the lord himself, Landon

EDIT: Ironically enough I am pasting this set off of a team with Bulu
Only a true intellectual like Landon would run Rock Tomb AND Bulldoze.

Heh. I am willing to comeback on ANYONE who dares challenge my nomination for Golem as the partner. Now, Type Null as the partner? Ohohoho! Oh, hohoho! You're funny. You see, Type Null is literal taunt bait. Hmm? Flame Charge? Have fun killing with a base 50 power move that isn't even stab! Oh, tackle? Good luck killing with 35 base power that isn't even super effective on anything! Second off, not just taunt beats it either. Stuff like Pheromosa, Mega Loupunny (who by the way, is SUPER common), anything that gets rid of knock off, and more. Now, for reasons why it shouldn't be the partner, other than the general flaws. 1: I'll actually admit, that I honestly found the other partners being more useful. Entei,and at least has the coverage and power to take care of many things that would beat Bulu, at least Regice can run many moves that allow it to beat Pokemon that normally beat it! As for Magcargo, even though I don't see much potential out of it, at least it isn't total taunt bait and can get some easy KOs! Type Null? Oh, doing the same old thing I always knew it did, which is... PP stall (except Flame Charge isn't tackle). 2: It really does not beat many things that beat Tapu Bulu. OK, yes it does beat Magerna and some others, but me (and everyone else, can't forget all the rest of you WONDERFUL people), listed more things that our Pokemon beats that Tapu Bulu doesn't. Good luck fixing much of those problems with only a team of three! As for me? Everyone seems to like the way I mentioned Golems strengths and weaknesses, EXCEPT for the fact that I forgot that Magerna does beat those two, but that's what the third partner is for. Also, good grief. I never made a post so long in my life!
it was a joke for the sake of the rhyme-
also type null isn't as bad as you might think, especially since nowadays very few things run taunt and mons like pheromosa and mLopunny are descending in viability

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
it was a joke for the sake of the rhyme-
also type null isn't as bad as you might think, especially since nowadays very few things run taunt and mons like pheromosa and mLopunny are descending in viability
And flame charge allows you to eventually outspeed the taunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)