Pet Mod Concept X

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
???

My submission got 7 votes, and yours and Samtendo’s got 5 each

EDIT: I didn't say anything before cuz I thought Imp was gonna do something with 2nd/3rd place, so point totals here were before kakak's tie-breaker, which wasn't necessary cuz my sub won. Also sorry if this comes off as whiny

???

My submission got 7 votes, and yours and Samtendo’s got 5 each

EDIT: I didn't say anything before cuz I thought Imp was gonna do something with 2nd/3rd place, so point totals here were before kakak's tie-breaker, which wasn't necessary cuz my sub won. Also sorry if this comes off as whiny
I’ll recount the votes. I’m using charizard888’s official vote tally.

Oh sorry, it’s actually zxgzxg and Combo Assists who won! My bad!

Slate 2: Free For All

You can pick any Pokémon, as long as it isn’t banned to Gen 8 Ubers. You can submit signature items, signature assist moves, etc. Use the submission format as a guide!

You may start submissions!

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Ima pull a gamer move and start with names. I encourage some of y'all to do the same, cuz its a big part of this concept too

Prefix for Fire: Blistering
Prefix for Water: Torrentuous
Prefix for Grass: Evergreen
Prefix for Electric: Galvanizing
Prefix for Ground: Tremulous
Prefix for Dark: Sinister
Prefix for Normal: Boosted
Prefix for Rock: Rugged

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Prefix for Bug: Swarming
Prefix for Dark: Calamitous
Prefix for Fighting: Vigorous

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Prefix for Poison: Venomous
Prefix for Ice: Frigid
Prefix for Ghost: Soulless
Ice and Ghost is fine, but for the Poison one, you might end up with "Venomous Venoshock" i know no one uses that move but still

Prefix for Bug: Hive
Prefix for Dark: Calamitous
Prefix for Fighting: Aura
Bug and Dark is fine, but for the Fighting one, you might end up with "Aura Aura Sphere" hehe funny jojo

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
One thing that I'd like to point out is that we should probably make our prefixes adjectives here, for example if we take ImperialGamer517 and Samtendo09 's subs.

(Blank) used Pixie Dazzling Gleam!

(Blank) used Hive Bug Buzz!

Putting an adjective in front is the way to go in my opinion, since an adjective directly adds flavour to the move, while a noun makes it sound like the actual move name.

Here’s some I came up with.
Prefix for Bug: Swarming
Prefix for Fighting: Backbreaking (Open to more ideas)
Prefix for Psychic: Mind-blowing
Prefix for Flying: Stormy (Maybe Blustery?)
Prefix for Ground: Earth-shattering (Earth-shattering Earthquake doesn’t sound too awkward I think)
Prefix for Ghost: Ghastly (Soulless works well too though)

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Spirit Break is Fairy-Type
Also Spirit Shackle. Also, the move used and the move assisting does not have to match types. If they do not match types, the coverages will stack (ex Exca calls on Rillaboom with Wood Hammer in the first slot and uses Earthquake. The move will be called “Evergreen Earthquake” (based on what I have) and hit Fire-types neutrally)

Fire: Blazing
Rock: Hardening (not sure where to go with rock)
Ghost: Spectral
Dragon: Legendary (Was thinking of something to show a "superior" status of dragons)
Steel: Sharpened (Steel seems like it could go with this)
Fairy: Mythical

EDIT: here's some more

Normal: Striking (to sound generically boosted)
Psychic: Telekinetic

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Fire: Flaming
Flamethrower and Flame Charge

Prefix for Fighting: Furious
Prefix for Electric: Shocking
Fury Cutter, Fury Swipes, Fury Attack
Shock Wave, Psyshock, Venoshock

A good way to check if your prefix doesn't clash with an existing move is to create a Nat Dex BH team, click any Mon, and type in the adjective or root noun into the move slots and see if a move comes up.
I know the moves I'm bringing up are really uncommon, but we want to make sure this isn't done sloppily.

Nobody hasn’t submitted signature assists. I’m in.

:bw/Gengar:
Pokemon: Gengar
Signature Assist Move: Evil Shadow Ball
Required Move/Type: Gengar can have a Pokemon learn Evil Shadow Ball if Shadow Ball is in Gengar’s moveset.
Effect: If the move is successful, the target and a random Pokémon from its party is inflicted with a random status condition.
Reasoning: Gengar is known for being an evil Pokémon, being a trickster. Pair it up with any Pokemon, and its partner will also be evil!

Tell me if something is wrong.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Nobody hasn’t submitted signature assists. I’m in.

Pokemon: Gengar
Signature Assist Move: Evil Shadow Pulse
Required Move/Type: Gengar can only use Evil Shadow Strike if it calls a Dark-type Pokemon and if Shadow Ball is in its moveset.
Effect: If the move is successful, the target and a random Pokémon from its party is inflicted with a random status condition.
Reasoning: Gengar is known for being an evil Pokémon, being a trickster. Pair it up with a Dark-type, also known as the Evil-type in Japanese, and it becomes twice as evil. It is so evil that it will punish two Pokémon from the opponent’s party.

Tell me if something is wrong.
Signature Assists
  • Certain Pokemon can grant a special effect to their assist if they have a certain move/move of a certain type in their first slot (This is what the slates will decide; ex. Maybe Urshifu's assist attack will have a 100% crit rate if it has Surging Strikes in its first move slot)
Thanks for the position, dude!

Uh, I was pretty vague on how I worded this, but I meant for the assister to activate the special move (ex. If Excadrill calls on Gengar with Shadow Ball in its first slot, Excadrill will use "Tricky Earthquake" (or something) and activate the special effect you described). What you have is fine, but we should be consistent on how special assist moves are activated.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
I'll still change it because I realize it sounds a bit boring. It'll be "Blazing" now. (Before you say Blaze Kick, Blazing)

Charizard used Flaming Flamethrower!

Blaziken used Blazing Blaze Kick!

It's not grammatically incorrect, it just sounds awkward and redundant.

Thanks for the position, dude!

Uh, I was pretty vague on how I worded this, but I meant for the assister to activate the special move (ex. If Excadrill calls on Gengar with Shadow Ball in its first slot, Excadrill will use "Tricky Earthquake" (or something) and activate the special effect you described). What you have is fine, but we should be consistent on how special assist moves are activated.
So is my sub fine now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)