BW NU Copacabana

Banner by Keiran ~

Hello I'm HnC, this is my second RMT on Smogon Forums and again on Never Used tier, one of my favourite tiers to play. I make this team for the finals on Never Used Premier League with my team Blackthorn Braviaries, in the 2nd day after the shift changes in the month, this team was made with the help of Reiky which used this team in another tournament and ladder, also with the thoughts of FLCL and Ebeast. I chose for this team an Hyper Offense team with Spikestacking, usually i prefer more defensive teams but i was unlucky lately with this playstyle more stallish so i decided make a very different team with the new current metagame.
Art of Heavy Offense

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

I chose Golurk for my Stealth Rock user because is also a decent spinbloker which is obligatory with Spikes support, nice inmunity to normal, fighting and electric attacks that is nice on this types of teams, helps to check things like Primeape, Rotom spamming volt switch, Sawk or Scolipede. One of the roles of Golurk with No Guard on my team is to prevent Stealth Rock in a 50-50 from another common users such Golem, Cradily, Probopass, Bastiodon, etc a major part of the Never Used SR users. Finally Shadow Punch and Earthquake are pretty necessary both with STAB and by coverage. I'm running a fast bulk Golurk to take hits a bit better and with that Evs on speed allows to outrun Golem.

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail / Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Spikes

This mon is one of the powerhouses on the tier. I make this set for The Next Best Thing on NU subforum, this set is one of the most strong sets of Scolipede if not the best set in my opinion. I usually run this like lead and spam Spikes, 2 layers of Spikes at least whem i'm playing correctly because is very fast and run focus Sash. Sword Dance wrecks no preparated teams and more slow oriented teams, also with Sword Dance helps to beat mons like Natu, Wartortle or Torkoal in 1 vs 1, to prevent Rapid Spin after a Sword Dance just kill and then spam Spikes; 1 at least in this case. Also Spikes paired with Sword Dance is very useful if you opponent run mons with Sucker Punch because you're forcing your opponent just to attack or you can spam Spikes if you opponent try to attack, so you have a good chance to get sweep or Spikes up.

Jynx @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

My special attacker and my water types check. Arguably the biggest threat at NU metagame at the moment but is really weak, very frail on physical side, some bad accuracy on the moves and finally weak to Stealth Rock. Lovely Kiss makes a Jynx like a top threats with a great coverage with the STAB moves, i choose Psychic over Psyshock to hit better Alomomola and HKOed Weezing, also Focus Blast just hit stuff like Lickilicky, Munchax or Regice also with the right support is impossible to find an hard counter (not gimmicky stuff like resttalker metang lol!). The most important role of Jynx on the team is open holes, break stuff.

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Lum Skuntank is the best Skuntank on the current meta imo, i have a great switch against some mons like Misdreavus, Musharna or Gardevoir, which can cripple Skuntank for the entire battle with WoWisp or Thunder Wave. Also, Lum Berry makes an secondary check to Jynx on the team. The moveset is pretty standard, stallbreaker, priority and trapper which is very important for Primeape and Scolipede. The evs spread run max atk, evs speed creep for misdreavus mostly and rest into bulk.

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

My Revenge Killer on the team and also my Choice Scarf user help me against mons such Torterra Rock Polish or Gorebyss Shell Smash, usually my win condition on late game when i have hazards up and the damage is done and i have trapped psychic and ghost types with Skuntank. Close Combast is the most importante move on the moveset because stronger and STAB, just spam CC on late game after Psychic / Ghost types are killed, same with faster scarfs and priority moves. U-turn is usually very useful on mid-games to kill weak mons, scout the opponent team and the most important part keep momentum! Finally Stone Edge and Ice Punch, both by coverage to hit stuff like Scolipede or Golurk, i would like run Earthquake to hit Garbodor decently with Primeape. Vital Spirit is a good ability in a long term on the battle when the opponent run mons like Exeggutor, Vileplume or Jynx.

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

My second win condition on this team, Kangaskhan great mon between offense and bulk, this makes a great mon paired with a good ability that makes a great coverage and dual prioriry, Fake Out + Sucker Punch which usually is very useful on a late game. Drain Punch helps to recover health and hits Steel and Rock types. Finally Double Edge is the most powerful and important move so far. Life Orb Kangaskhan is awful, Silk Scarf > Leftovers and finally Life Orb in my opinion. With that ev spread outrun Adamant Pinsir and Sawk.

Past members:

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Endeavor

I was trying Tauros over Kangaskhan with a great results because SubEndeavor looks kinda gimmicky and weird but work very well because can lure physical walls and no one expecting this set. Tauros helps more against defensive teams while Kanga helps against stuff like RD Ludicolo and another very offense and faster mons. I had a great results with both, i hate the popularity of Misdreavus Foul Play ):< Which ruins Tauros completely.

In summary, this team was so fun to play on this metagame, thanks you everyone buddies that help me with something and sorry if my english is so bad :pirate: Finally, not steal the team or run bad versions from this team, only if you just run some of my alts :heart:

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
the only suggestion i have for this team is to change kangaskhan to a jolly nature and put max speed on it. this way you won't be forced out by gardevoir, braviary, or choice band sawk when matched up against them, which makes it a lot easier on the rest of your team since nothing likes taking really strong hits. with spikes support the reduced damage doesn't matter. i also like to run earthquake over drain punch since the latter is really weak without a boost, and does like nothing to rock-types. you need all the damage you can get on carracosta, which has a good chance to sweep this team if it sets up on kangaskhan's attacks. other than that, this team is nearly flawless when executed properly, there's not much to fix.

Since you practically use Kanghaskan to kill or hit faster pokemon with Fake out Sucker punch combo i think the speed is unnecesarry and you could spend taht Hp in his bulk so he can be able to tank hits easier and still hit hard.

Since you practically use Kanghaskan to kill or hit faster pokemon with Fake out Sucker punch combo i think the speed is unnecesarry and you could spend taht Hp in his bulk so he can be able to tank hits easier and still hit hard.
Removing the speed EVs would mean that standard CB Sawk could outspeed and 1HKO with Close Combat. Even with its fall from grace, it's still a top-tier threat, and letting it force you to switch something into its attacks is generally a bad idea.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hey bud,

this is a really sleek team and i like it a lot! i took it for a spin on the ladder and it was phenomenal :)

offensively the biggest threat by far is what FLCL pointed out; you get cleaned by shell smash carracosta with SR up, and the best thing you can really do against it is sac your team and keep hitting it with kanga's fake out (also aftermath from skuntank / sucker punching the stone edge), but it rips right through your team very easily. sd samurott is similar but doesn't get free setup on kanga. also, it seems like you really struggle to break through any defensive core with weezing: golurk, skuntank, primeape and kanga all can't really scratch it, while jynx can't switch into any weezing with a fire move (especially if they have sr up). scoli can sd or spike on it but weezing wins 1v1 with a burn.

there's not much i can really suggest without disrupting your team synergy a lot, so don't take these suggestions as ~better~ than what you already have; just a few plausible changes i thought of that you might be interested in, haha. first, you should definitely take FLCL's suggestion of jolly kanga and earthquake > drain punch imo; this really helps vs sawk and the damage output vs carracosta is similar. drain punch isn't that necessary imo; and if you do want to use it, it'd be a good idea to run slightly less than max speed because the base 90 speed tier isn't too important and you can win drain punch wars with opposing kanga.

i don't really like how weak primeape is in general; it feels like a catch-all that really just multiplies your weaknesses (to weezing, carracosta in particular) and gives you a little bit of a comfort zone in that it resists SR and can revenge most of the meta. playing with the team really emphasized this to me, since on multiple occasions it failed to cleanly OHKO something. this is probably a really big shift to how you'd play with the team, but i think it might be interesting to test out focus sash kadabra in place of primeape; it can revenge everything you said similarly, acts as a secondary check for carracosta, and rips through weezing and pals. it does mean you have a bit more trouble with regice (not so much lickilicky / metang since you have a handful of pokemon that beat them and scarf ape loses 1v1 to metang anyway so you're not missing much), so you'd have to be aware of that.

my last suggestion would be to test out choice scarf jynx; it can revenge everything ape can (except like regice) and has more power, as well as the ability to cripple defensive mons with lovely kiss & trick. it also very easily keeps smash costa in check (costa outspeeds normal jynx and ohkoes with stone edge; it can't do that to scarf) and gives you an alternate means of breaking through pesky defensive pokemon if you need to. again, these are just optional suggestions to test out if you feel like either of the weaknesses i mentioned are frustrating; i think they patch them up and retain the general consistency of the team, though if you do replace ape you can't really u-turn out of ghosts / psychics to trap them with skuntank which does remove a major mechanic of your team. completely up to you, though!

earthquake > drain punch on kangaskhan
jolly > adamant; 32 hp / 252 atk / 224 spe on kangaskhan (outruns unboosted rotom-a)

focus sash kadabra > primeape
kadabra @ focus sash | magic guard
timid nature (+spe, -atk) | 252 spa / 4 sdef / 252 spe
psychic / hidden power ground / shadow ball or signal beam / encore​

choice scarf > life orb on jynx
trick > focus blast on jynx

awesome team hnc! :toast:

People are mentioning his weakness to Carracosta. SO let me point oiut that you could replace one of your pokemon for Seismictoad, he resist his moves and he can take him out with an Earth power.

Also you could use Gurdurr with Max Attack. I dotn know if Mach punch will KO but with his bulk (more if you put 252 evs in defense like i do) could help you resit a hit and drain punch or just mach punch.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I've been playing with this team for about 20 battles and weezing seems to give it a lot of trouble, as he can cripple 5/6 of the team with burn, and if Jynx is out of the picture then he walls the rest of the team. Skuntank can taunt, but can't do any damage back to him. Any suggestions?

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Gurdurr still won't beat Weezing due to Pain Split, Sludge Bomb/Fire Blast and Gurdurr's constant health loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)