Crawdaunt (GP: 2/2)

QC: [3/3]
GP: [2/2]

[Overview]

<p>Crawdaunt returns in BW as one of the most threatening Pokemon in the RU tier. Do not underestimate this crabby crustacean. If you do, the blow of his mighty pincers might very well be the last thing you see. Because of his insane base 120 Attack and access to one of the best boosting moves, Dragon Dance, Crawdaunt is an immediate offensive threat. Let's not forget the incredible gift that the Dream World has bestowed upon him: the ability Adaptability. Adaptability increases Crawdaunt's STAB multiplier from the normal 1.5 to 2, which makes him even more threatening because of the near-perfect coverage his STAB combination provides.</p>

<p>However, there is one thing that holds Crawdaunt back: his abysmal Speed stat. Crawdaunt's low base Speed stat of 55 makes him easily susceptible to being revenge killed, even with a +1 Speed boost. Although Crawdaunt has a decent Defense stat, his base HP is too low to be of any help under most circumstances. Additionally, his base 55 Special Defense stat cannot withstand even neutral special attacks. Despite his lackluster defenses, Crawdaunt is an excellent choice for any team that needs a powerful offensive threat.</p>

[SET]
name: Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Crunch
move 4: Substitute / Taunt
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
ability: Adaptability
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Attack / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set utilizes Dragon Dance to prepare Crawdaunt for a sweep, boosting his Attack to a ridiculous 508 and enough Speed to outrun positive base 105 Pokemon. Waterfall and Crunch are reliable STAB attacks and together provide excellent coverage as they are only resisted by Ferroseed, Poliwrath, and other Crawdaunt in RU, and have a Base Power of 160thanks to Adaptability. Substitute allows Crawdaunt to avoid being crippled by status such as Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave from Pokemon such as Rotom and Ferroseed. However, Taunt can be used over Substitute to block status as well, and prevent the foe from healing, all without the loss of HP from Substitute. If Substitute is used, the item choice should be Leftovers because the recoil from Life Orb and the health lost from Substitute will quickly wear Crawdaunt down.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Crawdaunt can use Superpower as an alternative to Taunt and Substitute, to hit Steel-types such as Ferroseed, but Crawdaunt is better off using its STAB attacks as there are few Steel-types in the tier. Ice Beam is an interesting choice, as it allows Crawdaunt to hit one of its biggest checks: Tangrowth. It does 69.8% - 82.2% damage with a neutral nature, uninvested, when equipped with a Life Orb. However, a Jolly +1 Life Orb boosted Crunch does 49.5% - 58.4% damage, which is also a 2HKO with Stealth Rock support. In addition, although Ice Beam does hit Tangrowth harder than Crunch, it hits practically nothing else. Pokemon who can take Electric- and Grass-type attacks, such as Munchlax and Ferroseed, make excellent partners to cover Crawdaunt's weaker specially defensive side. Ferroseed helps Crawdaunt a lot, especially with Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Spikes support. Dusknoir is another great teammate, as he provides burn support and is immune to Fighting-type attacks, which allows him to take on threats such as Poliwrath. Rotom makes an excellent offensive partner to Crawdaunt; its Ghost-typing allows it to switch into Fighting-type attacks, and its Electric-type STAB hits Water-types for super effective damage, and can keep up the offensive momentum by using Volt Switch.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Waterfall
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Superpower
move 4: Toxic / Knock Off
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Instead of using Dragon Dance to boost his Attack, Choice Band allows Crawdaunt to hit hard right off the bat. Thanks to his excellent dual Dark / Water typing and Adaptability, there are few Pokemon who can even think about switching in. Waterfall and Crunch are the main attacks for this set, both having a massive Base Power of 160. Superpower allows Crawdaunt to hit Steel-types for super effective damage. The last moveslot is basically filler, as Crunch and Waterfall alone are enough for this set. Toxic allows Crawdaunt to cripple bulky Pokemon such as Tangrowth and Alomomola while Knock Off has the nice effect of removing the foe's item.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Crabhammer can be used instead of Waterfall. It is a slightly stronger STAB attack, but has 90% accuracy. Because this set is similar to the Dragon Dance set, the same teammates work well with this set. Ferroseed is an excellent teammate to Crawdaunt, providing Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Thunder Wave support, while resisting Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at Crawdaunt. Bulky Ghosts such as Dusknoir and Cofagrigus are good partners to take the Fighting-type attacks aimed at Crawdaunt, and can block any of the foe's attempts at spinning away hazards. Because of this set's immediate offensive presence, it spells terror for stall teams, especially with a layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock up. As with the Dragon Dance set, Rotom and its other formes make great teammates to this set their Electric-type STAB hitting Pokemon who resist Crawdaunt's STAB attacks, such as Poliwrath and opposing Crawdaunt.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Unfortunately, Crawdaunt has very few other options. However, Crawdaunt has access to Swords Dance and a set with 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed, an Adamant or Jolly nature, and a moveset of Waterfall, Crunch, Substitute, and Swords Dance can be used. This set makes Crawdaunt insanely powerful after one boost, and can be used to decimate slower bulky offense and stall teams.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are very few Pokemon that can take a hit from Crawdaunt because of its high Attack stat and Adaptability boosting both of its STAB moves, which provide excellent coverage. Ferroseed resists both of Crawdaunt's STABs, but unless it has Bullet Seed, sets with Substitute can set up on it, as Substitute blocks status, Leech Seed, and aren't broken by Gyro Ball. Ferroseed must also be cautious of a super effective Superpower from the Choice Band set. Defensive Poliwrath makes an excellent counter to Crawdaunt, and is probably the most effective check in RU. Water Absorb makes Crawdaunt's Water-type attacks useless. Poliwrath's Fighting typing allows it to resist Crunch, and hit Crawdaunt back for super effective damage. Tangrowth is another excellent counter to Crawdaunt. Tangrowth's insane Defense and HP stats allow him to take even boosted attacks from Crawdaunt and can hit Crawdaunt back with a super effective, STAB Grass-type attack. Due to Crawdaunt's low Speed, most Pokemon equipped with a Choice Scarf or a naturally high Speed stat will still outspeed him even after a boost. Therefore, outspeeding him is one of the most effective ways of checking him. Pokemon such as Porygon-Z, Primeape, Rotom (and Rotom Formes), Sceptile, and Galvantula, can all OHKO him with a super effective attack.</p>

A Choice Band set should have a full analysis IMO, Adapability basically makes sure that all attacks hit hard since there is practically nothing that 4x resist Water or Dark anyway, which makes switching moves redundant.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would just max Speed so you outrun things like Krookodile and Rotom that the current spread misses. Also slash Jolly, it lets you beat base 100s at +1 and most Scarf Pokemon at +2.

Taunt should get a slash after Substitute, especially if you're using Life Orb.

Choice Band deserves a set. Other than Poliwrath and maybe defensive Qwilfish, nothing can switch in. Give that thing some Spikes support and wow.

I would just max Speed so you outrun things like Krookodile and Rotom that the current spread misses. Also slash Jolly, it lets you beat base 100s at +1 and most Scarf Pokemon at +2.

Taunt should get a slash after Substitute, especially if you're using Life Orb.

Choice Band deserves a set. Other than Poliwrath and maybe defensive Qwilfish, nothing can switch in. Give that thing some Spikes support and wow.
Added a CB set and changed/mentioned everything else you said.

If anyone has a better option than Toxic as the last move on the CB set then let me know, because there is no other move I thought would be worth using

Super effective X-Scissor: 160 BP (same as a neutral Crunch/Waterfall)
Neutral Return: 102 (weaker than a neutral Waterfall/Crunch)
Super effective Rock Slide: 150 (weaker than a neutral Waterfall/Crunch)
Avalanche is interesting, but it really only hits Gligar, who I'd rather hit with Waterfall anyways since it hits anything the opponent switches in harder.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Knock Off is also a worthwhile option, but whatever goes in that last slot is gonna see minimal use anyway.

Crawdaunt outspeeds Base 105s at +1 with Jolly so it should be the first slash on the Dragon Dancer. I don't think Adamant should even be slashed because it's too slow to sweep.

The CB set will do fine with Adamant because it outspeeds Gligar which is probably the fastest wall you're likely to see in RU.

Crawdaunt outspeeds Base 105s at +1 with Jolly so it should be the first slash on the Dragon Dancer. I don't think Adamant should even be slashed because it's too slow to sweep.

The CB set will do fine with Adamant because it outspeeds Gligar which is probably the fastest wall you're likely to see in RU.

Slashed Jolly first on the DD set, unless QC members agree only Jolly should be slashed then I'll remove Adamant.

Jolly on the CB set allows it to outspeed min speed Rotom (and formes), although they're uncommon with min Speed, I think it's worth being slashed.
QC APPROVED (2/3)
Thanks.

It might be an idea to slash or at least mention crabhammer, particularly on the choice band set, or, if you don't want to put it there, just mention briefly why crabhammer isn't really necessary.

Also, whilst a little bit gimmicky, a choice specs set (252 modest, Surf, Ice Beam, HP Dark, Filler) might be worth a mention somewhere; it can plow through some of Crawdaunt's usual 100% counters (i.e. a definite 2HKO on defensive Tangrowth with Surf, a pretty common switch in, and an OHKO after SR most of the time with HP Dark (and a 100% OHKO with Ice Beam)). It's a little bit niche, but it's also extremely powerful - a 252 modest Surf is actually pretty much equal in power to a 252 adamant waterfall - and it does have that "surprise factor", as you can generally expect the switchin to Crawdaunt to be a physical wall. I don't think it should be underestimated, especially if you need a strong special attacking wallbreaker on your team.

Also, you could slash Ice Beam on the Dragon Dance set, as it gets the KO on Tangrowth with zero investment, although Substitute is certainly superior for getting more boosts. And with Tangrowth in mind, put him in the counter's section, he isn't 2HKO'd by even +1 Crunch (although he admittedly can be with hazards and luck) and OHKO's back with giga drain, as well as fully replenishing health, absolutely walling any Crawdaunt set that is wholly physical.

It might be an idea to slash or at least mention crabhammer, particularly on the choice band set, or, if you don't want to put it there, just mention briefly why crabhammer isn't really necessary.

Also, whilst a little bit gimmicky, a choice specs set (252 modest, Surf, Ice Beam, HP Dark, Filler) might be worth a mention somewhere; it can plow through some of Crawdaunt's usual 100% counters (i.e. a definite 2HKO on defensive Tangrowth with Surf, a pretty common switch in, and an OHKO after SR most of the time with HP Dark (and a 100% OHKO with Ice Beam)). It's a little bit niche, but it's also extremely powerful - a 252 modest Surf is actually pretty much equal in power to a 252 adamant waterfall - and it does have that "surprise factor", as you can generally expect the switchin to Crawdaunt to be a physical wall. I don't think it should be underestimated, especially if you need a strong special attacking wallbreaker on your team.

Also, you could slash Ice Beam on the Dragon Dance set, as it gets the KO on Tangrowth with zero investment, although Substitute is certainly superior for getting more boosts. And with Tangrowth in mind, put him in the counter's section, he isn't 2HKO'd by even +1 Crunch (although he admittedly can be with hazards and luck) and OHKO's back with giga drain, as well as fully replenishing health, absolutely walling any Crawdaunt set that is wholly physical.
I'll mention Crabhammer in the AC of the CB set.

I really doubt the usefulness of a Specs set especially when compared to the Band set. I'd like QCs opinion on a Specs set, though (maybe they think it deserves OO at least...?)
Also, CB Adamant Crunch against 252/252 Bold Tangrowth: 41.6% - 49% - possible 2HKO with Stealth Rock support (although quite slim.)

While uninvested LO Ice Beam does do a good chunk to 252/252 Bold Tangrowth (69.8% - 82.2%), I still think it doesn't deserve a slash since it doesn't OHKO, it really only does hit Tangrowth, and how much more helpful the other moves are. I'll mention it in AC, though.

Ah you're right, my calc was wrong. Ice Beam does still get the 2HKO on the switch though, so it could still be an AC.

Yeah I did mention that CB Crunch could 2HKO with luck and stealth rock, but generally Crawdaunt is forced out anyway, since chances of 2HKO are pretty darn slim and he's done for if Tangrowth survives. And with double Leftovers (perhaps even more if Tangrowth uses Sleep Powder), Giga Drain absorption from the switch-in, and Regenerator, Tangrowth is usually back to full health by the time he switches out, meaning he can wall Cradaunt all day really.

I know it might be a little late to say anything but shouldn't Swords Dance receive its own set? All it needs is some paralysis support and it rips apart teams. I have used it to great effect when paired with a thunder waving Uxie.

I know it might be a little late to say anything but shouldn't Swords Dance receive its own set? All it needs is some paralysis support and it rips apart teams. I have used it to great effect when paired with a thunder waving Uxie.
Can I get a QC member's opinion on this please. :)

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd say leave it in OO. Unlike Bouffalant, Crawdaunt really can't take a hit, so you need to paralyze pretty much your opponent's entire team for SD to work. It can always be added in the future if necessary, but for now just stick with the sets you've got.

Amateur GP check ;)

Add
Remove
Comments

[Overview]

<p>Crawdaunt returns in BW this generation as one of the most threatening Pokemon in the RU tier., (remove comma, add period) Do not underestimate this crabby (unnecessary addition, but I think its hilarious xD) crustacean. (add period) and If you do, the blow of his mighty pincers might very well be the last thing you see. Crawdaunt is one of the strongest and deadliest sweepers in the RU tier. (redundant) Because of With his insane base 120 Attack stat and access to one of the best boosting moves, Dragon Dance, Crawdaunt is an immediate offensive threat. Let's not forget the incredible gift that the Dream World has bestowed upon him: gave this crustacean, the ability Adaptability. Adaptability This increases boosts both of Crawdaunt's STAB attacks by multiplier from the normal 1.5 to 2, which makes him them even more threatening because of the near-perfect coverage his STAB combination provides. than they already are since combined they give Crawdaunt almost flawless coverage! All of this combined makes Crawdaunt an insanely powerful offensive threat, capable of OHKOing the majority of the tier after a boost. (somewhat redundant)</p>

<p>However, there is one thing that holds Crawdaunt back: (add colon) and that is his abysmal low Speed stat. Crawdaunt's low base Speed stat of 55 makes him easily susceptible to being revenge killed, (add comma) even with a +1 Speed boost. Although Also, while Crawdaunt has a decent Defense stat, his base HP is too low to be of any help under most circumstances. Additionally, his low base 55 Special Defense stat cannot withstand makes even neutral special attacks hurt. Despite his lackluster defenses, Even so Crawdaunt is an excellent choice for to any team that who needs a powerful offensive threat.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set utilizes Dragon Dance to prepare Crawdaunt for a sweep, boosting his Attack to an ridiculous insane (I only changed this because you already said insane when referring to Attack) 508 and enough Speed to outrunspeed Pokemon with base 105 Speed. s Waterfall and Crunch are provide reliable STAB attacks and together, provide give each other excellent coverage as since they are only resisted by Ferroseed, Poliwrath, and other Crawdaunt in RU, (add comma) and have a Base Power of 160, (add comma) thanks to Adaptability. Substitute allows Crawdaunt to avoid being crippled by status such as Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave from Pokemon such as Rotom Alomomola and Ferroseed. However, Taunt can be used over Substitute to block status as well, or and prevent the foe from healing, all without the loss of HP from Substitute. If Substitute is used, the item choice should be Leftovers because the recoil from Life Orb and plus the health lost 25% from Substitute will would quickly wear Crawdaunt down too quickly.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Offensively, Crawdaunt can use Superpower as an alternative to Taunt and Substitute, to hit Steel-types such as Ferroseed, but Crawdaunt is better off using sticking with its STAB attacks as since there are is few Steel-types in the tier and they provide better coverage. Ice Beam is an interesting choice, as it allows Crawdaunt to hit one of its biggest checks: (add colon) Tangrowth hard. It does 69.8% - 82.2% damage with a neutral nature, uninvested, and when equipped with a Life Orb. However, note that a Jolly +1 Life Orb boosted Crunch does 49.5% - 58.4% damage, which is also a 2HKO with Stealth Rock support. (add period) and also note that In addition, although while Ice Beam does hit Tangrowth harder than Crunch, it hits practically nothing else. Pokemon who can take Electric- and Grass-type attacks, (add comma) such as Munchlax and Ferroseed, (add comma) make excellent partners to cover patch up Crawdaunt's weaker specially defensive side. Ferroseed especially helps Crawdaunt a lot, especially with Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Spikes support. Dusknoir is another great teammate, (add comma) as well since he provides burn support, (add comma) and is immune to Fighting-type attacks, (add comma) which allows him to take on threats such as Poliwrath. Rotom makes an excellent offensive partner to Crawdaunt; (remove comma, add semicolon) its Ghost-typing allows lets it to switch into Fighting-type attacks, and while its Electric-type STAB hits Water-types for super effectively damage, and can keep up the offensive momentum by using pressure with Volt Switch.</p>

[SET]
evs: 252 Atk Attack / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Instead of using Dragon Dance to boost his Attack, (add comma) Choice Band allows Crawdaunt to hit hard right off the bat with immediate power. Again, Thanks to his excellent dual offensive Dark / Water typing and Adaptability, (add comma) boosting them there are is few Pokemon who can even take hits from this set let alone think about switching into it. Waterfall and Crunch are the main attacks for this set, both having a massive Base Power of 160. Superpower allows Crawdaunt to hit Steel-types for super effectively damage, mainly just Ferroseed, though. While The last moveslot is basically just a filler move, as since basically Crunch and Waterfall alone are enough for this set and they should be the only moves this set uses. Toxic allows Crawdaunt to cripple bulky Pokemon such as Tangrowth and Alomomola while Knock Off gains a STAB boost and has the nice effect the niche of removing the foe's item.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Crabhammer can be used instead of Waterfall , Crabhammer can be used. It is a slightly stronger STAB Water-type attack, but has at the cost of having 90% accuracy. Because this set is similar to the Dragon Dance set, therefore the same teammates work well with this set to that set still apply to this set as well. Ferroseed is an excellent teammate to Crawdaunt, providing Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Thunder Wave support, (add comma) while resisting the Electric- and Grass-type attack aimed at Crawdaunt. Bulky Ghost-types such as Dusknoir and Cofagrigus are make good partners as well to take the Fighting-type attacks aimed at Crawdaunt, (add comma) and can to block any of the foe's attempts at spinning away any hazards. Because of this set's (add apostrophe) immediate offensive presence, power it spells terror for stall teams, especially with a layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock up capable of outspeeding their whole team and most likely OHKOing them. As with Like the Dragon Dance set, Rotom and its other formes make great teammates to this set as well,. (remove period) their Electric-type STAB hitting Pokemon who resist Crawdaunt's STAB attacks, (add comma) such as Poliwrath and opposing Crawdaunt Mandibuzz, Qwilfish, and Alomomola.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Unfortunately, Crawdaunt has very few other options. Crawdaunt has access to Swords Dance and a set with of 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed, an Adamant or Jolly nature, and a moveset movepool of Waterfall, Crunch, Substitute, and Swords Dance can be used. This set makes Crawdaunt insanely powerful after one boost, (add comma) and can be used to decimate slower bulky offense and stall teams.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are very few Pokemon that who can take a hit from Crawdaunt because of his high Attack stat and Adaptability boosting both of his STABs moves, (add comma) which also provide excellent coverage. Ferroseed resists both of Crawdaunt's STABs, but unless it has Bullet Seed, sets with Substitute can set up on it, Ferroseed as since Substitute blocks status, Leech Seed, and Crawdaunt's Substitutes aren't broken by Gyro Ball. Ferroseed must also be cautious of a super effective Superpower from the Choice Band sets. Defensive Poliwrath makes an excellent counter to Crawdaunt, (add comma) and is probably the most effective check in RU. Water Absorbs makes Crawdaunt's Water-type attacks useless. (add period) and Poliwrath's Fighting<space>-typing (remove dash, add space) allows it to resists Crunch, and can hit Crawdaunt back for super effective damage. Tangrowth is another excellent counter to Crawdaunt. Tangrowth's insane Defense and HP stats allow him to take even boosted attacks from Crawdaunt and he can hit Crawdaunt back with a super effective, (add comma) STAB Grass-type attack. Due to Crawdaunt's low Speed, most Pokemon equipped with a Choice Scarfs or that have a naturally high Speed stat will still outspeed him even after with a boost. Therefore, outspeeding him is one of the most effective ways of checking him. This includes Pokemon such as Porygon-Z, Primeape, Rotom (and Rotom Formes), Sceptile, and Galvantula, all of which can all OHKO him with a super effective STAB attack.</p> (not all of them have STAB on the super effective attacks)

Yet another unofficial GP check :D
[Overview]

<p>Crawdaunt returns this generation as one of the most threatning threateningPokemon in the RU tier, don't it would be wise not tounderestimate this crustacean and as if you do, the blow of his mighty pinsirs pincers might be the last thing you see. Crawdaunt is one of the strongest and deadliest sweepers in the RU tier. With his insane base 120 Attack stat and access to one of the best boosting moves, Dragon Dance, Crawdaunt is an immediate offensive threat. Let's not forget the incredible gift the Dream World gave this crustacean the crab, - the ablity ability Adaptability. This boosts doubles both of Crawdaunt's STAB attacks by two which makes them even more threatening than they already are powerful, since combined they give Crawdaunt almost flawless coverage! All of this combined makes Crawdaunt an insanely powerful offensive threat, capable of OHKOing the majority of the tier after a boost.</p>

<p>However, there is one thing that holds holding Crawdaunt back, and that is his low Speed stat. Crawdaunt's low base Speed stat of 55 makes him easily revenge killed even with a +1 Speed boost at +1. Also, while Crawdaunt has a decent Defense stat, his low poor base 55 Special Defense stat makes even neutral special attacks hurt. Even so, Crawdaunt is an excellent choice to any team who needs a powerful offensive threat.</p>

[SET]
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set utilizes Dragon Dance to prepare Crawdaunt for a sweep, boosting his Attack to an insane 508 and giving him enough Speed to outspeed base 105s. Waterfall and Crunch provide reliable STAB and give each otherprovide excellent coverage since they are only resisted by Ferroseed, Poliwrath, and other Crawdaunt in RU and have a base power of 160 thanks to Adaptability. Substitute allows Crawdaunt to avoid being crippled by status such as Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave from Pokemon such as Alomomola and Ferroseed. However, Taunt can be used over Substitute to block status or prevent the foe from healing without the loss of HP from Substitute. If Substitute is used, the item choice should be Leftovers because the recoil from Life Orb plus the 25% HP loss from Substitute would wear Crawdaunt down too quickly.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Offensively, Crawdaunt can use Superpower to hit Steel-types such as Ferroseed, but Crawdaunt is better off sticking with its STAB attacks since there is are few Steel-types in the tier and they provide better coverage. Ice Beam is an interesting choice, it allows Crawdaunt to hit one of its biggest checks, Tangrowth hard. It does 69.8% - 82.2% with a neutral nature, uninvested, and equipped with a Life Orb. However, note that a Jolly +1 Life Orb boosted Crunch does 49.5% - 58.4% which is also a 2HKO with Stealth Rock support and also note that while Ice Beam does hit Tangrowth harder than Crunch, it hits practically nothing else it doesn't do the same to anything else. Pokemon who can take Electric- and Grass-type attacks such as Munchlax and Ferroseed make excellent partners to patch up Crawdaunt's weak specially defensive side special defense. Ferroseed especially helps Crawdaunt with Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Spikes support. Dusknoir is another great teammate as well since he provides burn support and is immune to Fighting-type attacks, allowing which allows him to take on Poliwrath. Rotom makes an excellent offensive partner to Crawdaunt, it's Ghost-typing lets letting it switch into Fighting-type attacks while it's Electric-typing type STAB hits Water-types super effectively and can keep up offensive pressure with Volt Switch.</p>

[SET]
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Instead of using Dragon Dance to boost his Attack, Choice Band allows Crawdaunt to hit with immediate power hard immediately. Again, thanks to his excellent offensive Dark / Water typing and Adaptability boosting them there is few Pokemon who can take hits a hit from this set, let alone think about switching into it. Waterfall and Crunch are the main attacks for this set, both having a massive base power of 160. Supoerpower Superpower allows Crawdaunt to hit Steel-types super effectively, mainly just Ferroseed, though. While the last slow move is basically just a filler since basically Crunch and Waterfall alone are enough for this set and they should be the only moves this set uses., Toxic allows Crawdaunt to cripple bulky Pokemon such as Tangrowth and Alomomla Alomomola while Knock Off gains a STAB boost and has the niche of removing is useful for removing the foe's item.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Instead of Waterfall, Crabhammer can be used. It is a stronger STAB Water-type attack, but at the cost of having 90 accuracy. This set is similar to the Dragon Dance set, therefore the same teammates to of that set still apply to this set as well. Ferroseed is an excellent teammate to Crawdaunt, providing Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Thunder Wave support while resisting Electric- and Grass-type attack aimed at Crawdaunt. Bulky Ghost-types such as Dusknoir make good partners as well to take Fighting-type attacks aimed at Crawdaunt and to block any of the foe's attempts at spinning away any hazards. Because of this set's immediate offensive power, it spells terror for stall teams, especially with a layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock up, as it is capable of outspeeding their whole team and most likely OHKOing them. Like the Dragon Dance set, Rotom and its other formes make great teammates to this set as well. Their Electric-typing type STAB hit Pokemon who resist Crawdaunt's STAB attacks such as Mandibuzz, Qwilfish, and Alomomola.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Unfortunately, Crawdaunt has very few other options. Crawdaunt has access to Swords Dance and a set of 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed, an Adamant or Jolly nature, and a movepool of Waterfall, Crunch, Substitute, and Swords Dance can be used. This set makes Crawdaunt insanely powerful after one boost and can be used to decimate slower bulky offense and stall teams.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are very few Pokemon who can take a hit from Crawdaunt because of his high Attack stat and Adaptability boosting both of his STABs which also provide excellent coverage. Ferroseed resists both of Crawdaunt's STABs, but unless it has Bullet Seed, sets with Substitute can set up on Ferroseed it since Substitute blocks status, Leech Seed, and Crawdaunt's Substitutes aren't broken by Gyro Ball. Ferroseed must also be cautious of a super effective Superpower from the Choice Band sets. Defensive Poliwrath makes an excellent counter to Crawdaunt and is probably the its most effective check in RU. Water Absorbs makes Crawdaunt's Water-type attack useless and Poliwrath's Fighting-typing resists Crunch and can hit Crawdaunt back super effectively. Tangrowth is another excellent counter to Crawdaunt. Tangrowth's insane , as its huge Defense and HP stat allow him to take even boosted attacks from Crawdaunt and he can hit Crawdaunt back with a super effective STAB Grass-type attack. Due to Crawdaunt's low Speed, most Pokemon equipped with a Choice Scarfs or that have a high Speed stat will still outspeed him even with a boost. Therefore, outspeeding him is one of the most effective ways of checking him. This includes Pokemon such as Porygon-Z, Primeape, Rotom (and along with Rotom Formes), Sceptile, and Galvantula, all of which can OHKO him with a super effective STAB attack.</p>

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm stamping Omicron's check, but be careful of kmuffinman's check, some things are a little funny as things overlap eachother with the two checks.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>Crawdaunt returns in BW as one of the most threatening Pokemon in the RU tier. Do not underestimate this crabby crustacean. If you do, the blow of his mighty pincers might very well be the last thing you see. Because of his insane base 120 Attack and access to one of the best boosting moves, Dragon Dance, Crawdaunt is an immediate offensive threat. Let's not forget the incredible gift that the Dream World has bestowed upon him: the ability Adaptability. Adaptability increases Crawdaunt's STAB multiplier from the normal 1.5 to 2, which makes him even more threatening because of the near-perfect coverage his STAB combination provides.</p>

<p>However, there is one thing that holds Crawdaunt back: his abysmal Speed stat. Crawdaunt's low base Speed stat of 55 makes him easily susceptible to being revenge killed, even with a +1 Speed boost. Although Crawdaunt has a decent Defense stat, his base HP is too low to be of any help under most circumstances. Additionally, his base 55 Special Defense stat cannot withstand even neutral special attacks. Despite his lackluster defenses, Crawdaunt is an excellent choice for any team that needs a powerful offensive threat.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set utilizes Dragon Dance to prepare Crawdaunt for a sweep, boosting his Attack to a ridiculous 508 and enough Speed to outrun Pokemon with base 105 Speed. positive base 105 Pokemon. Waterfall and Crunch are reliable STAB attacks and together,(no comma) provide excellent coverage as they are only resisted by Ferroseed, Poliwrath, and other Crawdaunt in RU, and have a Base Power of 160,(no comma) thanks to Adaptability. Substitute allows Crawdaunt to avoid being crippled by status such as Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave from Pokemon such as Rotom and Ferroseed. However, Taunt can be used over Substitute to block status as well, and prevent the foe from healing, all without the loss of HP from Substitute. If Substitute is used, the item choice should be Leftovers because the recoil from Life Orb and the health lost from Substitute will quickly wear Crawdaunt down.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Crawdaunt can use Superpower as an alternative to Taunt and Substitute, to hit Steel-types such as Ferroseed, but Crawdaunt is better off using its STAB attacks as there are few Steel-types in the tier. Ice Beam is an interesting choice, as it allows Crawdaunt to hit one of its biggest checks: Tangrowth. It does 69.8% - 82.2% damage with a neutral nature, uninvested, and when equipped with a Life Orb. However, a Jolly +1 Life Orb boosted Crunch does 49.5% - 58.4% damage, which is also a 2HKO with Stealth Rock support. In addition, although Ice Beam does hit Tangrowth harder than Crunch, it hits practically nothing else. Pokemon who can take Electric- and Grass-type attacks, such as Munchlax and Ferroseed, make excellent partners to cover Crawdaunt's weaker specially defensive side. Ferroseed helps Crawdaunt a lot, especially with Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Spikes support. Dusknoir is another great teammate, as he provides burn support,(no comma) and is immune to Fighting-type attacks, which allows him to take on threats such as Poliwrath. Rotom makes an excellent offensive partner to Crawdaunt; its Ghost-typing allows it to switch into Fighting-type attacks, and its Electric-type STAB hits Water-types for super effective damage, and can keep up the offensive momentum by using Volt Switch.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Instead of using Dragon Dance to boost his Attack, Choice Band allows Crawdaunt to hit hard right off the bat. Thanks to his excellent dual Dark / Water typing and Adaptability, there are few Pokemon who can even think about switching in. Waterfall and Crunch are the main attacks for this set, both having a massive Base Power of 160. Superpower allows Crawdaunt to hit Steel-types for super effective damage. The last moveslot is basically just a filler,(comma) move, as Crunch and Waterfall alone are enough for this set. Toxic allows Crawdaunt to cripple bulky Pokemon such as Tangrowth and Alomomola while Knock Off has the nice effect of removing the foe's item.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Crabhammer can be used instead of Waterfall. It is a slightly stronger STAB attack, but has 90% accuracy. Because this set is similar to the Dragon Dance set, the same teammates work well with this set. Ferroseed is an excellent teammate to Crawdaunt, providing Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Thunder Wave support, while resisting the Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at Crawdaunt. Bulky Ghost-types Ghosts such as Dusknoir and Cofagrigus are good partners to take the Fighting-type attacks aimed at Crawdaunt, and can block any of the foe's attempts at spinning away hazards. Because of this set's immediate offensive presence, it spells terror for stall teams, especially with a layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock up. As with the Dragon Dance set, Rotom and its other formes make great teammates to this set their Electric-type STAB hitting Pokemon who resist Crawdaunt's STAB attacks, such as Poliwrath and opposing Crawdaunt.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Unfortunately, Crawdaunt has very few other options. However, Crawdaunt has access to Swords Dance and a set with 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed, an Adamant or Jolly nature, and a moveset of Waterfall, Crunch, Substitute, and Swords Dance can be used. This set makes Crawdaunt insanely powerful after one boost, and can be used to decimate slower bulky offense and stall teams.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are very few Pokemon that can take a hit from Crawdaunt because of his its high Attack stat and Adaptability boosting both of his its STAB moves, which provide excellent coverage. Ferroseed resists both of Crawdaunt's STABs, but unless it has Bullet Seed, sets with Substitute can set up on it, as Substitute blocks status, Leech Seed, and aren't broken by Gyro Ball. Ferroseed must also be cautious of a super effective Superpower from the Choice Band set. Defensive Poliwrath makes an excellent counter to Crawdaunt, and is probably the most effective check in RU. Water Absorb makes Crawdaunt's Water-type attacks useless. Poliwrath's Fighting typing allows it to resist Crunch, and hit Crawdaunt back for super effective damage. Tangrowth is another excellent counter to Crawdaunt. Tangrowth's insane Defense and HP stats allow him to take even boosted attacks from Crawdaunt and can hit Crawdaunt back with a super effective, STAB Grass-type attack. Due to Crawdaunt's low Speed, most Pokemon equipped with a Choice Scarf or have a naturally high Speed stat will still outspeed him even after a boost. Therefore, outspeeding him is one of the most effective ways of checking him. Pokemon such as Porygon-Z, Primeape, Rotom (and Rotom Formes), Sceptile, and Galvantula, can all OHKO him with a super effective attack.</p>

[GP 2/2]

[Overview]

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set utilizes Dragon Dance to prepare Crawdaunt for a sweep, boosting his Attack to a ridiculous 508 and enough Speed to outrun Pokemon with base 105 Speed. positive base 105 Pokemon. Waterfall and Crunch are reliable STAB attacks and together,(no comma) provide excellent coverage as they are only resisted by Ferroseed, Poliwrath, and other Crawdaunt in RU, and have a Base Power of 160,(no comma) thanks to Adaptability. Substitute allows Crawdaunt to avoid being crippled by status such as Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave from Pokemon such as Rotom and Ferroseed. However, Taunt can be used over Substitute to block status as well, and prevent the foe from healing, all without the loss of HP from Substitute. If Substitute is used, the item choice should be Leftovers because the recoil from Life Orb and the health lost from Substitute will quickly wear Crawdaunt down.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Crawdaunt can use Superpower as an alternative to Taunt and Substitute, to hit Steel-types such as Ferroseed, but Crawdaunt is better off using its STAB attacks as there are few Steel-types in the tier. Ice Beam is an interesting choice, as it allows Crawdaunt to hit one of its biggest checks: Tangrowth. It does 69.8% - 82.2% damage with a neutral nature, uninvested, and when equipped with a Life Orb. However, a Jolly +1 Life Orb boosted Crunch does 49.5% - 58.4% damage, which is also a 2HKO with Stealth Rock support. In addition, although Ice Beam does hit Tangrowth harder than Crunch, it hits practically nothing else. Pokemon who can take Electric- and Grass-type attacks, such as Munchlax and Ferroseed, make excellent partners to cover Crawdaunt's weaker specially defensive side. Ferroseed helps Crawdaunt a lot, especially with Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock, and Spikes support. Dusknoir is another great teammate, as he provides burn support,(no comma) and is immune to Fighting-type attacks, which allows him to take on threats such as Poliwrath. Rotom makes an excellent offensive partner to Crawdaunt; its Ghost-typing allows it to switch into Fighting-type attacks, and its Electric-type STAB hits Water-types for super effective damage, and can keep up the offensive momentum by using Volt Switch.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Instead of using Dragon Dance to boost his Attack, Choice Band allows Crawdaunt to hit hard right off the bat. Thanks to his excellent dual Dark / Water typing and Adaptability, there are few Pokemon who can even think about switching in. Waterfall and Crunch are the main attacks for this set, both having a massive Base Power of 160. Superpower allows Crawdaunt to hit Steel-types for super effective damage. The last moveslot is basically just a filler,(comma) move, as Crunch and Waterfall alone are enough for this set. Toxic allows Crawdaunt to cripple bulky Pokemon such as Tangrowth and Alomomola while Knock Off has the nice effect of removing the foe's item.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Crabhammer can be used instead of Waterfall. It is a slightly stronger STAB attack, but has 90% accuracy. Because this set is similar to the Dragon Dance set, the same teammates work well with this set. Ferroseed is an excellent teammate to Crawdaunt, providing Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Thunder Wave support, while resisting the Electric- and Grass-type attacks aimed at Crawdaunt. Bulky Ghost-types Ghosts such as Dusknoir and Cofagrigus are good partners to take the Fighting-type attacks aimed at Crawdaunt, and can block any of the foe's attempts at spinning away hazards. Because of this set's immediate offensive presence, it spells terror for stall teams, especially with a layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock up. As with the Dragon Dance set, Rotom and its other formes make great teammates to this set their Electric-type STAB hitting Pokemon who resist Crawdaunt's STAB attacks, such as Poliwrath and opposing Crawdaunt.</p>

[Other Options]

[Checks and Counters]

<p>There are very few Pokemon that can take a hit from Crawdaunt because of his itshigh Attack stat and Adaptability boosting both of his its STAB moves, which provide excellent coverage. Ferroseed resists both of Crawdaunt's STABs, but unless it has Bullet Seed, sets with Substitute can set up on it, as Substitute blocks status, Leech Seed, and aren't broken by Gyro Ball. Ferroseed must also be cautious of a super effective Superpower from the Choice Band set. Defensive Poliwrath makes an excellent counter to Crawdaunt, and is probably the most effective check in RU. Water Absorb makes Crawdaunt's Water-type attacks useless. Poliwrath's Fighting typing allows it to resist Crunch, and hit Crawdaunt back for super effective damage. Tangrowth is another excellent counter to Crawdaunt. Tangrowth's insane Defense and HP stats allow him to take even boosted attacks from Crawdaunt and can hit Crawdaunt back with a super effective, STAB Grass-type attack. Due to Crawdaunt's low Speed, most Pokemon equipped with a Choice Scarf or have a naturally high Speed stat will still outspeed him even after a boost. Therefore, outspeeding him is one of the most effective ways of checking him. Pokemon such as Porygon-Z, Primeape, Rotom (and Rotom Formes), Sceptile, and Galvantula, can all OHKO him with a super effective attack.</p>

[GP 2/2]
Thanks, this is done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)