Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crustle @ Jaboca Berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sturdy
252 Atk/ 252 Spe

Shell Smash
Earthquake
X-Scissor
Rock Wrecker.

Go Out with a Bang

I've been using this set on my Mono-Normal team and I like it.

Utility Beagle
(credit to Bulbapedia for image)

@Choice Scarf
Jolly nature
Ability: Technician
- Rapid Spin
- Trick
- Tailwind/Thunder Wave
- Power Split
EVs: 252 Speed, 76 Defence, 180 HP
IVs: 0 Attack, 0 Special Attack

Rapid Spin blows away entry hazards. Tricking Choice Scarf can cripple pretty much any wall. Tailwind works if your team lacks the Speed needed to take out a sweeper. Thunder Wave serves the same purpose. Power Split can cripple any "overpowered" things it sees.

BTW, Rock Wrecker = no go.

Actually, I've been toying around with Hyper Beam and the like, and while it does invite setting up, you can make this work in your favor.

Unaware Clefable is a beast. If you want to use Rock Wrecker or a similar move, just pack an Unaware Clefable with Psych Up and Assist Power and you're golden. Forces a switch or kills them outright. As for hazards? Just pack a spinner.

Hyper Beam and such DO pay off if you can drop a pokemon with Roost/Recover, etc. in one turn. Even if it gives your opponent the ability to set up, if you can deal with a troublesome pokemon like Latias with a normal gem + adaptability + hyperbeam PorygonZ... I'll pay the price. Especially if I choose to run recycle on PorygonZ :P

Ambipom
@Normal Gem
Technician
Jolly/Adamant
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

-Fake Out
-Covet
-Low Sweep
-U-Turn

A set I've used to great success. Technician Fake Out with the Normal Gem Boost, Covet to essentially just nick the opponent's item while attacking (with STAB and Technician it's pretty powerful too): it's a 2 turn, one time Switcheroo/Trick. Cripples walls for their Lefties and Eviolite pokemon, and nobody ever sees it coming. Low Sweep is Technician boosted AND lowers the opponent's speed, breaking sweepers, and U-Turn is for the obvious get out. Jolly if you want to always be able to pull it off (it never fails due to Ambipom's ridiculous speed with Jolly, he hits 361), or Adamant if you feel that the power's more necessary.

I've been using this Krookodile set to some success and love it:

Krookodile@ Hard Stone
Intimidate
Adamant
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Stone Edge
- Thief

Hard Stone powers up Stone Edge and makes Fling a 100 BP (150 after STAB) attack. Then Thief the foe's Leftovers after Flinging.

I've been using this Krookodile set to some success and love it:

Krookodile@ Hard Stone
Intimidate
Adamant
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Stone Edge
- Thief

Hard Stone powers up Stone Edge and makes Fling a 100 BP (150 after STAB) attack. Then Thief the foe's Leftovers after Flinging.
Heh, an interesting idea. I like sets that play around with items. Being able to Steal and Fling any item is pretty nice.

Magnezone bluff set

Magnezone@Choice Specs
252 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 4 Spe
Modest:
Analytical
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power[Fire]
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon

Anaylitcal only works if your slower right? So making Mzone bulkier and slower will work correct? Now I know your saying Mzone is only useful because of Magnet Pull. But the point being is your trying to bluff out a magnet pull set, most trainers wont even attempt to switch out. Allowing you to utterly decimate them with any of your attacking options.

Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are your STAB options, Hidden Power[Fire] is their to decimate the steel types that you are "trapping". finnaly Volt Switch is their for Hit n' Run tactics.
If your finding the innability of switching moves a real let down you should change your item to either (Expert Belt, Air Balloon, or Leftovers). If thats done then Substitute would be a decent option over Volt Switch.

Edit: @ below Minimum speed could be used, but there still some slow pokemon you need to make sure you do outseed to use that Analytical boosted move.
Im sorry for double-posting this, but I would like some feedback on this before it gets lost in the thread

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The issue with that is that in a simulator when magnet Pull is active the switch option is depressed. A decent player will notice that options availability and will exploit it.

Simisage@White Herb
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Modest:
Gluttony/Overgrow
-Nasty Plot
-Leaf Storm
-Focus Blast
-Recycle

Alright, so the idea of this set is pretty simple. Nasty Plot the first turn, to get the +2, then Leaf Storm, activating the White Herb. Then you proceed to Leaf Storm again and Recycle to get the White Herb back and negate the stat drop.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's Gengar's standard moveset on a different Pokemon. Being on a diffrent Pokemon doesn't make it creative.
See: SubSplit Starmie, which was featured in the OP.

Still, that Galvantula isn't that great.
Agility SubPetaya or something would be better to take advantage of Galvantula's resistances to common priority moves.
Still, not that great of a set :/.

Im sorry for double-posting this, but I would like some feedback on this before it gets lost in the thread
Meh. Magnezone will get outsped by a lot of things, yes, but it'll get outsped and KOed. The only hope Magnezone has of killing something without dying is if they don't switch out, but then... why not run Magnet Pull to ensure it? Magnezone can only stay in on things it walls, so it really needs the ability to keep them in. Bluffing is a novelty, but not much more than that.

Purrloin @ Normal Gem
Jolly + Unburden
252 HP/252 Spd/4 Atk
Fake Out
Swagger
Substitute
Foul Play

Could work, Fake Out+Normal Gem+Unburden to raise Speed (@ Lv. 50) to 258, outspeeds eveything, except Deoxys-S and Ninjask after one Speed Boost. Rest is self-explanatory.

Why wouldn't I just run the same set with Lieperd? He has higher attack and speed, plus he has prankster so he gets priority Substitute and Swagger. This set has been proposed for several pokemon also (mainly Sableye but several others too). If it was Little Cup it is possible, but your comparing it to Ninjask and Deoxy's D so that is UU, so that set is beaten out by better users.

Simisage@White Herb
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Modest:
Gluttony/Overgrow
-Nasty Plot
-Leaf Storm
-Focus Blast
-Recycle

Alright, so the idea of this set is pretty simple. Nasty Plot the first turn, to get the +2, then Leaf Storm, activating the White Herb. Then you proceed to Leaf Storm again and Recycle to get the White Herb back and negate the stat drop.
I'm not sure White Herb works that way...

I'd say if you want to run Magnezone with Analytical, you have to acknowledge that Magnezone has tons of common weaknesses (fire+fighting+ground). Analytical is basically saying "Okay you can have the effect of a life orb on your attacks as long as you don't outspeed anything". If you're going to run Analytical, I'd say screw choice specs. Your opponent will predict an electric attack (because who uses flash cannon? and if you lock yourself into it, it'll be so easy to wall). If they switch into a ground type and you volt switch that turn, you're fucked, as well.

If you're going to run Magnezone w/ Analytical you should probably run Life Orb over specs.

Voltswitch / Thunderbolt
Tri Attack (it's better than flash cannon for the status chance and is basically resisted by the same threats anyway)
HP Something (Fire or Ground)
Magnet Rise / Substitute (or explosion)

The first 3 attacks are for coverage, the last is for predicting a switch. Substitute is better overall but Magnet Rise will deal with hearty EQers like Dusknoir or TTar or Gliscor (but TTar and Dusknoir can always carry fire punch/fire blast so it doesn't help too much).

Since Analytic encourages you to take hits, I'd say try testing evioilite + magneton vs magnezone + life orb and see which one works better. But in either case, Magnezone lacks a diverse enough movepool to make use of analytic and is simply too vulnerable to the common offensive attacks and can be easily walled by SpD walls unless you run explosion (and an analytic explosion... no idea if that's gonna work or not). It's not really a strong ability for Magnezone.

Finally, why are you putting 4 EV in speed? I understand you want Magnezone to hit things, but honestly you shouldn't be boosting its speed at all. Otherwise you're just wasting your ability. You should run a minus speed nature and put 0 EV/IV in speed, especially if you choose to run explosion.

He's talking about using nasty plot and then leaf storm and having white herb "restore" him to +2. It does not work that way.
Really? I though it immediately cancelled stat drops from moves regardless of whether the stats were already boosted. I'm gonna have to test it now...

I'd say if you want to run Magnezone with Analytical, you have to acknowledge that Magnezone has tons of common weaknesses (fire+fighting+ground). Analytical is basically saying "Okay you can have the effect of a life orb on your attacks as long as you don't outspeed anything". If you're going to run Analytical, I'd say screw choice specs. Your opponent will predict an electric attack (because who uses flash cannon? and if you lock yourself into it, it'll be so easy to wall). If they switch into a ground type and you volt switch that turn, you're fucked, as well.
I parten this thing with Gyarados all the time, and why wouldnt I switch in all of these scenario's

If you're going to run Magnezone w/ Analytical you should probably run Life Orb over specs.
I do agree with this a little, its basicly for preference of which you prefer.

Voltswitch / Thunderbolt
Tri Attack (it's better than flash cannon for the status chance and is basically resisted by the same threats anyway)
HP Something (Fire or Ground)
Magnet Rise / Substitute (or explosion)
Volt Switch (for Safe Switch ins, and Scouting)/ Flash Cannon (Because it gets STAB, making it stronger than Tri-Attack + comes with a small chance to lower Sp. Defense.)/ Thunderbolt (Main STAB)/ Hidden Power[Fire] for Ferrothorn.
Substitute is a good idea I do agree.

The first 3 attacks are for coverage, the last is for predicting a switch. Substitute is better overall but Magnet Rise will deal with hearty EQers like Dusknoir or TTar or Gliscor (but TTar and Dusknoir can always carry fire punch/fire blast so it doesn't help too much).
Dusknoir? Most people use Dusclops now, which dont use Earthquake. Gliscor is covered by Gyarados and Ttar can cause problems, But I can catch him on the Switch and use Flash Cannon (Yes , Flash Cannon). Max Hp and SpD Ttar takes 54% minimum from Flash Cannon. And if I invest 12 Spe Evs into Mzone I outspeed The Ttar I just said.

Since Analytic encourages you to take hits, I'd say try testing evioilite + magneton vs magnezone + life orb and see which one works better. But in either case, Magnezone lacks a diverse enough movepool to make use of analytic and is simply too vulnerable to the common offensive attacks and can be easily walled by SpD walls unless you run explosion (and an analytic explosion... no idea if that's gonna work or not). It's not really a strong ability for Magnezone.
Magneton has less Hitpoints than Magnezone (base 50, base 70) and Magnezone provides more SpA.

Finally, why are you putting 4 EV in speed? I understand you want Magnezone to hit things, but honestly you shouldn't be boosting its speed at all. Otherwise you're just wasting your ability. You should run a minus speed nature and put 0 EV/IV in speed, especially if you choose to run explosion.
It was filler option? Honestly what Pokemon has exactly 1 speed point less than Magnezone?

I would consider that as only for negative modifiers, anyway Veekun states:

At the end of each turn, if any of the holder's stats have a negative stat modifier, the holder consumes this item to remove the modifiers from those stats.

breh

強いだね
I'm fairly sure it works whenever the pokemon uses something that drops its attack.

Still, this is a fairly shitty idea. Because you have to alternate using Leaf Storm and Recycle, why don't you just use giga drain?

conversely, use a better pokemon... this is uu we're talking about of course; virizion is also always available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)