Resource Creative and Underrated Sets

I’ll let the calcs speak for themselves
+3 252+ SpA imp Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Magearna: 153-180 (42 - 49.4%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes
+3 252+ SpA imp Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Magearna: 193-228 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252+ SpA Earth Plate Magearna Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD non evio imp: 514-606 (73 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252+ SpA Magearna Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Kyogre-Primal: 145-172 (35.8 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+3 252+ SpA Magearna Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Kyogre-Primal: 88-105 (21.7 - 25.9%) -- 2.9% chance to 4HKO
+3 252+ SpA Magearna Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 217-256 (30.8 - 36.3%) -- 59.7% chance to 3HKO
+3 252+ SpA Magearna Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Zygarde-Complete: 422-500 (66.3 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252+ SpA Magearna Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Zygarde-Complete: 254-302 (39.9 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (also for prankster)
252+ SpA Earth Plate Magearna Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 156-184 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO (prank) (stopped by every prank encore user)
+3 252+ SpA Magearna Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ho-Oh: 284-336 (68.2 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252+ SpA Magearna Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Lugia: 114-136 (27.4 - 32.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
As I know this is all to discredit me for no apparent reason, let’s remove the Pokémon people refuse to use: Lugia, and all calculations of Thunderbolt, which I don’t bother to use on my set.

I think it’s funny to include Unaware, it’s not like I am pretending it will 1HKO before setting up. Assault Vest is great, but the thing about Magearna is that they expect it to be Flash Fire or Magic Bounce. By the time they see me using Tail Glow they didn’t plan on my setting up, and when they do send in the Unaware or RegenVesters it would be after I clicked Moonblast on their slow pivot or their direct switch in. Assault Vest looks great when they are coming in at 100% HP, but I have support for it such as Knock Off on my Gyarados-Mega.

Xerneas can also feel stopped by Unaware since it doesn’t use Moongeist Beam or Photon Geyser, but that is why it has allies, so it can work around it’s typical checks.

If you rely on Encore, that also means you can only come in when I have used a specific move. What if you send Registeel to Encore my Moonblast, but I actually clicked Judgment on the switch in? Prediction works both ways, and I am sure after using 2 Imposters on my team (as shown in the replays), I would have scouted the sets and planned accordingly...
If it came down to it Judgment has more PP than your Recovery move.

Last edited:

Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)

*bad by x plays in the background*
is a Community Contributor
as someone who has used offensive gear in the past (simple smash with moonblast/flame judgment/sunsteel or head smash), the ate resistance is nice but the lack of power is definitely its biggest problem. the set needs a lot of conditions to be filled before attempting to sweep.

first of all, it loses if they have prankster. even if it's something that gets 2hkod by +0 attacks, like registeel or yveltal, they can just haze and then switch out into the answer. there are a lot of answers to a +0 gear, including ogre, fc chansey, arceus, and pretty much anything that isn't weak to one of its two moves, including offensive mons like mmy. and in the turns after that, it's unlikely that gear will be putting in any work at all against a competent player once they know the set.

i would overall recommend just using something like ph earth power xern, which can run spikes while getting passive recovery, status immunity, and no knock weakness (losing plate is super bad for gear), or ground move diancie, which loses to imposter but can also set hazards and has about as much power as gear without needing to set up at all.

as someone who has used offensive gear in the past (simple smash with moonblast/flame judgment/sunsteel or head smash), the ate resistance is nice but the lack of power is definitely its biggest problem. the set needs a lot of conditions to be filled before attempting to sweep.

first of all, it loses if they have prankster. even if it's something that gets 2hkod by +0 attacks, like registeel or yveltal, they can just haze and then switch out into the answer. there are a lot of answers to a +0 gear, including ogre, fc chansey, arceus, and pretty much anything that isn't weak to one of its two moves, including offensive mons like mmy. and in the turns after that, it's unlikely that gear will be putting in any work at all against a competent player once they know the set.

i would overall recommend just using something like ph earth power xern, which can run spikes while getting passive recovery, status immunity, and no knock weakness (losing plate is super bad for gear), or ground move diancie, which loses to imposter but can also set hazards and has about as much power as gear without needing to set up at all.
I think the thing people forget is the never-ending Speed boosts, since they cannot Core Enforcer away it’s ability.

When they switch out after they Haze I can easily just Tail Glow on their switch out, resetting the boosts they removed and threatening what they send in. Also, most people wouldn’t know if it is running Timid or Modest (before I made my post), therefore, if they assume Timid, then Rayquaza and Diancie-Mega would go after Magearna, before they can V-Create or Precipice Blades it.

What can Haze Yveltal and Registeel do though? Keep using Recover as I use the super Effective move? If the do that then I get Speed Boosts, if they keep using Haze I get to attack, if they switch out I get the Speed Boost at the end of the turn they switch and by then I may have gotten off s Tail Glow (I.e. predict their switch out, or if their last move was Recover, and not Haze).

I agree that Haze and Unaware is always something to consider, but I think the Tail Glow Boost more than outweighs the difference in power from Diancie-Mega:

+3 252+ SpA Magearna Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 297-349 (66.8 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 268-316 (60.3 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You could mention Unaware, but I could mention Soundproof for Defensive Pokémon. You could mention Assault Vest, but that applies to all Special Attackers including -Ate, Specs, and even Contrary.

What separates Magearna front Diancie-Mega is the fact Moonblast outweighs Boomburst, and is not blocked but Dazzling like Extreme Speed is. With Speed Boosts upgrading its ability to outpace the other threats that would come in, it can go first without having hard stop blocks like Dazzling or Soundproof, while handling Imposter.

Those pros were not mentioned in your or chessking’s posts, and that’s why I feel it needs to be acknowledged here...

real sets incoming:

the cheese touch (Pheromosa) @ Choice Band
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike / Ice Hammer

I saw Poison Touch used before in OMPL or something and thought it was a cool idea to play with Merciless. Pheromosa has the benefit of being extremely speedy for a U-Turn pivot to poison enemies while switching in a check to whatever's in, and it also has the Fighting STAB to beat opposing Steel-types as well. Sunsteel Strike beats Fairy-types and is improofed by PH Zygod while Ice Hammer beats Zygod and is improofed by PH Fairies.

Beedrill-Mega is also an option since it has higher Attack and absorbs Toxic Spikes (assuming this is on a Merciless team with Toxic Spikes), but it doesn't hit Steel-types nearly as hard.

big dong man (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fleur Cannon
- Spectral Thief
- Filler (Ice Hammer? Gear Grind? V-Create?) / Focus Energy

hm (Shedinja) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 97 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed / Ice Shard
- virgin stealth rock / C H A D F O C U S E N E R G Y
- virgin uturn / C H A D B A T O N P A S S

admittedly a team that is weak to shedinja, but mmx craps on something everytime it switches in

I basically got this idea from a screenshot where a -1 Attack Blaziken OHKOs motherlove's Arceus by critting, so I jokingly suggested Baton Pass Focus Energy. Then Gurpreet got pretty into the idea and here it is.

The most notable part about this set is that it wrecks 90% of Giratinas and Zygods:
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-X Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina on a critical hit: 507-597 (100.5 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-X Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete on a critical hit: 591-696 (92.9 - 109.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

while also decimating any tank that would wall -ate MMX which supposedly does the same thing:
252 Atk Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ho-Oh on a critical hit: 249-294 (59.8 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-X Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Xerneas on a critical hit: 289-342 (63.3 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252 Atk Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-X Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield on a critical hit: 321-378 (99 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-X Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia on a critical hit: 375-444 (84.4 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-X Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Slowbro-Mega on a critical hit: 330-388 (83.7 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Sniper Mewtwo-Mega-X Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowbro-Mega on a critical hit: 202-238 (51.2 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(focuspass shedinja is the new set guys it just sets up on ghosts and you can pass it to like gengar or something)

gantz (Kyurem-White) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch

This works pretty much like Gurpreet's Sword to the Moon Rayquaza: offensive setup mon with the longevity to come in again and again. It trades priority for a lot better synergy with Volt Switch and better offensive typing.

gantz (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Psystrike
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch

see above but fast although relies on switching out a lot

WET SHREK (Kyogre-Primal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Mild Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Ice Beam
- Steam Eruption
- Shell Smash

I used this on a stall team and it didn't work cause one was against Andyb0y (whose team kinda fell without it) and one was against Gurpreet (who happened to have regenvest Dialga). I think it has potential, though, as long as you find a way to lure Regenvesters in and remove their vests.

bet (Kyogre-Primal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Twineedle
- Revelation Dance
- Recover
- U-turn / Topsy-Turvy

this could theoretically be anything but yeah this cteams non-ph mons like no other

end here (might add replays if i get good ones)

Last edited:

Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)

*bad by x plays in the background*
is a Community Contributor
unsets (fairy type edition) (5 """CREATIVE""" SETS THAT WILL SEND XERNEAS BACK TO A+ RANK [#4 WILL SHOCK YOU])

MELEE IT ON ME (Xerneas) @ Fairium Z / Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Strength Sap / Recover
- Haze

prank user that can actually do a very good job at pressuring teams thanks to taunt shutting down recovery from mons like registeel and fc chans, allowing him to actually 1v1 them. this mon can actually clean up once stuff that can kill him and counters like regenvest ogre have been taken care of. weird to imposter proof but ultimately not too much of a concern.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-911743697
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-912310110

the rock's gf (Diancie-Mega) @ Pixie Plate / Focus Sash
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Stealth Rock / Tri Attack / Extreme Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- V-create

lead/early game breaker diancie. i like to use this as a disruptor on hyper offense teams because hes good at denying hazards, getting them up himself, and breaking a hole in the opposing team. nothing really resists both fire and fairy besides stuff like ff registeel and hooh which really dont like getting exploded on. explosion is also super cool for momentum bc you can bring in whoever you want vs a weakened mon so contrary mmy or something can just go sicko mode.

i have never used this on non garbage teams so no replays but the set is good, trust me

penultimate yeetman (Xerneas) @ Fairium Z
Lonely Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Spore
- Knock Off
- Shell Smash

xerneas has a ton of unexplored potential i feel. this is another cool set that bears similarity to the smash regen zekrom and ph zekrom sets from a while back. basically u knock off the goggles av eviolite then eventually sweep late game w smash and 2 attacks that hit most stuff. fairium z is good at mitigating lor recoil and is also super powerful while regen is great for this mon's longevity. set isn't that good in the end because of how +2 knock isnt that strong vs registeel/hooh, imposter is annoying even with a dedicated answer in ferro/venu, and lor recoil really sucks outside of z move. still something cool tho so decided to share

BIG CHUNGUS (Xerneas) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Shiny: Yes
Relaxed Nature
- Shore Up
- Moonblast
- Thousand Waves
- Defog / Will-O-Wisp

yet another dumb xern set. ive been spamming this for literally years so decided to post it here. xern makes a good soundproof user because like audino, it isnt weak to any coverage moves bar the unusable sunsteel (and has useful draco immunity for specs ray) but unlike audino, doesnt give up all your momentum when youre forced to recover after taking 40 from broken espeed. luring in registeel with waves into zmove is a super cool attribute and moonblast deters stuff like ph mmx from coming in although regi and xern can still switch in with relative ease. this set ultimately fits on a lot of teams that need a non passive ate check that isnt incredibly unreliable like dazzling.

under the knife (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Psystrike
- Fleur Cannon
- Moonblast
- Magma Storm

gardevoir is back baby. absolutely ludicrous wallbreaker, moonblast ohkos gira while fleur ohkos dialga. psystrike is the regenvest ogre counterplay and also just takes hooh out of the sky. magma is for steels and shed because i hate them.

id put sap ph xern here but i already explained it in the rmt and everyone has lost to it anyway so i think theres no need

serious business (Xerneas) @ Assault Vest
Serious Nature
- U-turn
- Play Rough / Moonblast
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume / Spectral Thief

regenvest xern. great spinner because he can burn shed and force out gira, spectral is for ff aegi and ph xern if ur scared of those guys. regen allows xern to have more flexibility than ph while still taking on stuff like refrigerate mmx easily. its serious because i have no idea how to nature this mon lol

24 (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Sassy Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Thousand Waves
- Leech Seed

weirder ph xern than anything this world has ever seen. waves doesnt kill steels but can pick them off from low hp while seeds shut down shed and imposter. seeds xern in general is a super cool mon. could run a different hazard over rocks if u want idk, im pretty sure this beats poisoned imposter thanks to seeds so thats nice.

Boiler (Palkia) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dazzling / Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Steam Eruption
- Secret Sword
- Clanging Scales

When Kingdra was introduced in Gen 2, it was noted for its unresisted STAB combination, as Empoleon, Ferrothorn, Tapu Fini, and Shedinja didn’t yet exist. In Gen 3, Swift Swim took it to new heights and then when Palkia stepped in at Gen 4, it became suddenly clear that when you are providing near perfect coverage with STAB alone, all you need is a power boost to avoid being walled, and that is where this set comes in.

Improofed by Soundproof Giratina, and Tapu Fini, (Shedinja can be burned), this set uses Secret Sword to break past its checks like Ferrothorn, Chansey and AV Dialga.

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Palkia Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 351-413 (99.7 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Palkia Clanging Scales vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Kyogre-Primal: 390-460 (96.5 - 113.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Palkia Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Dialga: 411-484 (101.7 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Vs Unaware or Prankster Haze-

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Palkia Clanging Scales vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 624-738 (98.1 - 116%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Palkia Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Unaware Chansey: 390-460 (55.3 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While Tinted Lens and Mold Breaker could work on sets that are more commonly resisted or that are easily walled by Unaware users, I find that enough hits are neutral or super effective, as is, to not need Tinted Lens (Shell Smash is a pseudo Tinted Lens).
Common Unaware users are hit by super effective hits, which acts a pseudo Shell Smash Mold Breaker (Clanging Scales vs Zygarde, Giratina, etc.)

The choice then comes between immunity to Priority, which is arguably more important after Shell Smash, or just breaking walls without overpreparing in 1 set. With more Power, due to Adaptability, Palkia is good even without Shell Smash.
Adaptability is best when supported by a team as a whole, for example, if Priority is handled by another teammate.

Palkia is not simply another Dragon whose primary STAB is walled by Steels like it’s Dragon coverage, in fact it’s Water Moves let it break past most Fairy users without a thought-

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Palkia Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino-Mega: 465-549 (113.4 - 133.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS Unaware

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Palkia Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Audino-Mega: 234-276 (57 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

I never really used Contrary myself until the suspect was brought up so I figured I would explore it to see its potential. I tried a couple different sets, like Pixie Judgment MMY and even the Contrary Mega Gengar that was posted in this thread a while back and both saw success. However my favorite one to play with was Ultra Necrozma. I had rarely used this mon and rarely used Contrary but I saw potential with its high Speed and nice mixed attacking stats combined with its signature Z move. Contrary is now banned, so you won't be able to test it out, but I figured I would share it here.

Necrozma-Ultra @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Contrary
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Photon Geyser
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Strength Sap

The idea of this set was to boost both or either attacking stat with Super Power or Draco Meteor to power up Photon Geyser and blow past Unaware or Fur Coat users. Photon Geyser is there for Mold Breaking mixed STAB and is necessary for Light That Burns the Sky. Super Power is the main method of boosting Physical Attack (other than a bounced Strength Sap) and is nice for hitting Steel-, Normal- and Dark-types. Draco Meteor is powerful STAB that boosts Special Attack and hits opposing Dragons hard. Strength Sap helps gives Ultra Necrozma some longevity as it can otherwise be quickly worn down by U-turn and other chip.

I gave it a Naive nature for mixed attacking and so that Draco Meteor hits Imposter users a little bit harder. I used 30 SpA IVs so that Photon Geyser and Light That Burns the Sky are physical attacks when unboosted. This allows Ultra Necrozma to nuke things like Regenvest Primal Kyogre or Fur Coat Chansey with the Z move by hitting their weaker defensive stats.

This set had the usual downfalls Ultra Necrozma faces; weak to -ate users, unfortunate speed tier, and less raw power than similar breakers like the Mewtwos and Mega Rayquaza. However it did have a shot at beating some -ate users if it already had boosts from Super Power.

Here are some calcs to show what this set can do both with and without boosts. I didn't go through the trouble of showing each variation of +1 or +2 against each mon but you can see that not many walls are switching into a damage dealing move and then taking Photon or LTBTS.
Chansey
252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 210-248 (29.8 - 35.2%) -- 20% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 522-615 (74.1 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Primal Kyogre
252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre: 333-393 (82.4 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Kyogre: 297-351 (73.5 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Arceus
+2 252 SpA Necrozma-Ultra Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 274-324 (61.7 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Audino
252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Audino-Mega: 107-126 (26 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Audino-Mega: 265-313 (64.6 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yveltal
+6 252 SpA Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Unaware Yveltal: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

Here is one replay I could find of it putting in some work. The search function on the replay tab doesn't seem to be working right now.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-914416159

Last edited:

I never really used Contrary myself until the suspect was brought up so I figured I would explore it to see its potential. I tried a couple different sets, like Pixie Judgment MMY and even the Contrary Mega Gengar that was posted in this thread a while back and both saw success. However my favorite one to play with was Ultra Necrozma. I had rarely used this mon and rarely used Contrary but I saw potential with its high Speed and nice mixed attacking stats combined with its signature Z move. Contrary is now banned, so you won't be able to test it out, but I figured I would share it here.

Necrozma-Ultra @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Contrary
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Photon Geyser
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Strength Sap

The idea of this set was to boost both or either attacking stat with Super Power or Draco Meteor to power up Photon Geyser and blow past Unaware or Fur Coat users. Photon Geyser is there for Mold Breaking mixed STAB and is necessary for Light That Burns the Sky. Super Power is the main method of boosting Physical Attack (other than a bounced Strength Sap) and is nice for hitting Steel-, Normal- and Dark-types. Draco Meteor is powerful STAB that boosts Special Attack and hits opposing Dragons hard. Strength Sap helps gives Ultra Necrozma some longevity as it can otherwise be quickly worn down by U-turn and other chip.

I gave it a Naive nature for mixed attacking and so that Draco Meteor hits Imposter users a little bit harder. I used 30 SpA IVs so that Photon Geyser and Light That Burns the Sky are physical attacks when unboosted. This allows Ultra Necrozma to nuke things like Regenvest Primal Kyogre or Fur Coat Chansey with the Z move by hitting their weaker defensive stats.

This set had the usual downfalls Ultra Necrozma faces; weak to -ate users, unfortunate speed tier, and less raw power than similar breakers like the Mewtwos and Mega Rayquaza. However it did have a shot at beating some -ate users if it already had boosts from Super Power.

Here are some calcs to show what this set can do both with and without boosts. I didn't go through the trouble of showing each variation of +1 or +2 against each mon but you can see that not many walls are switching into a damage dealing move and then taking Photon or LTBTS.
Chansey
252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 210-248 (29.8 - 35.2%) -- 20% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 522-615 (74.1 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Primal Kyogre
252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre: 333-393 (82.4 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Kyogre: 297-351 (73.5 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Arceus
+2 252 SpA Necrozma-Ultra Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 274-324 (61.7 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Audino
252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Audino-Mega: 107-126 (26 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Audino-Mega: 265-313 (64.6 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yveltal
+6 252 SpA Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Unaware Yveltal: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- aim for the horn next time

Here is one replay I could find of it putting in some work. The search function on the replay tab doesn't seem to be working right now.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-914416159
I like that you took my idea of lowering SpA to 30 IVs so Photon Geyser, and now Light That Burns The Sky, can be physical. It’s good to see the uniqueness of Necrozma-Ultra highlighted in such a way that really solidifies its niche.

The only other good Pokémon that can do that is Deoxys-A for being a powerful Psychic-type that carries matching offensive stats.

I am happy your set works for you! Now that Contrary is gone, I wonder what we can come up with next?

Necrozma-Ultra @ Life Orb / Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Naughty Nature
- Photon Geyser
- V-Create
- Clanging Scales
- Shell Smash / Filler Coverage Move

I discussed with Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) last night on Discord on possible sets for it to use, such as with Adaptability, and I think the other cool thing about Necrozma-Ultra, is that it has just enough power to use Life Orb V-Create to KO Registeel, and even Zygarde-Complete with Clanging Scales (no Specs/Z-move or Draco Meteor required).

With a Lonely nature, you can keep SpA at 31 IVs, as the +Atk, -Def already pushed Photon Geyser to Physical. Still, the forgotten benefit of Photon Geyser is that even if you get Burnt, or affected by King’s Shield or Sap Strength, Adaptability and Life Orb keep Photon Geyser at near the same power as before (the only difference being the Nature for +Atk), and do if you hit something with equal defenses like +Spe nature Soundproof Arceus, you will deal around the same damage.

A Lonely nature is chosen because you are already reducing Defense from Clanging Scales, so if you haven’t used V-Create yet, as least you can survive a last resort Triage Oblivion Wing off of Modest Rayquaza-Mega before you hit it with Clanging Scales, whereas sparing its Defense stat is a lost cause.

252+ Atk Life Orb Necrozma-Ultra V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 367-432 (100.8 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Necrozma-Ultra Clanging Scales vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 619-728 (97.3 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery without Steath Rocks

252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Necrozma-Ultra Clanging Scales vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 562-665 (88.3 - 104.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (25% chance without Steath Rocks)

252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Necrozma-Ultra Photon Geyser vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre-Primal: 320-377 (79.2 - 93.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Necrozma-Ultra Clanging Scales vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 530-624 (105.1 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The final moveslot I wasn’t sure on what to select, as it can certainly walk break as shown above without any setup, but to secure KOs against maybe RegenVesters, or Fur Coat variants resistant to Photon Geyser and weak to V-Create, it may be helpful to add Shell Smash or some additional coverage move. Shell Smash can also be helpful bc you are not +Speed and even if you were, V-Create lowers your Speed now that Contrary is gone.

I’ll let you guys decide. I wouldn’t bother with Strength Sap bc with V-Create and Clanging Scales, you are already losing at least 1 of your 2 Defenses with half of your moveset.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)