Other Creative / Underrated Sets Thread (Read the thread, NO SHITTY GIMMICKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone's considered the thought of Physical Scarf Aegislash, which sounds gimmicky but works stupidly well as a check to so many things.

Aegislash@Choice Scarf
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Nature: Jolly
-Iron Head
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Claw
-Rock Slide

Now, before we start with the sighs of the gimmick nature here, this set is designed as a revenge killer or check. With max speed and Jolly, Scarfed Aegislash hits 360 speed, which is enough to outrun max speed pokemon with 114 base speed by 1 point, as well as speed neutral pokemon under 130 speed. Notably, this includes Mega Lucario, Talonflame, Gengar and Galvantula, among others. The basis of this set comes in the knowledge that Aegislash always switches in under its bulky Shield Forme. It then proceeds to outrun and KO threats as needed. With hazard support, even a single layer of Spikes, this set outpaces max speed Mega Lucario (355) and with the above EVs, does spectacularly against Mega Luke.

252 Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lucario: 242-286 (86.1 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

With a layer of Spikes up, that becomes an 87.5% chance to OHKO. Ideally, when you see Mega Lucario you want to switch in on the expected SD/NP, and then smash it swiftly afterwards. Because Aegislash will be in shield forme, it can withstand an unboosted hit from MegaLuke.

252 SpA Mega Lucario Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 130-154 (49.6 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 134-158 (51.1 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This also beats Adamant Talonflame with Rock Slide and any Gengar with Shadow Claw, while providing a role as a spectacular check considering Aegislash's meaty 399 attack.

In my opinion that set is far from bad, it is even good, but there is others who can run similar sets just as good and more importantly, Aegislash can perform so many other roles better than a scarf set. It is also good for the element of surprise, but once you get higher up on the ladder i highly doubt it is gonna function that well.

Here are some smeargle sets iv'e been trying lately in OU.

Smeargle @LifeOrb
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Jolly / Technician
-Extreme speed
-Mach Punch
-Bullet punch/Aqua jet/Ice shard
-Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch

Smeargle @Choice Scarf
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Jolly / Own Tempo
-U-turn
-Parting shot
-Lunar Dance
-Foul Play

Tell me what you think. :)

Last edited:
Meloetta@Assault Vest
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spe(might tweak this with a bit of speed creep)
Modest Nature
-Psyshock
-Hyper Voice(why doesn't she have Boomburst ç_ç ?)
-Focus Blast
-Thunder(use this if you are a man)/Thunderbolt/U-turn

So someone posted a Natural Gift Salac Berry Talonflame set, so I decided to make my own Natural Gift set for a different pokemon:

Scizor (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Natural Gift
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Basically this thing uses Yache Natural Gift for a coverage move to deal with things like Gliscor and Garchomp without Fire Blast (lol that's uncommon). It's mainly used for Gliscor though, as he can get in the way of a Scizor sweep a lot of times. I've also considered trying out an Occa Berry for opposing Scizors, but I don't know which one would be better. I guess it depends on the team. I carry Bullet Punch because every Scizor carries Bullet Punch, and then Swords Dance for the nice boost. I just put Roost over Bug Bite for the recovery. Another cool thing to run with Scizor would be a defensive Mega Scizor because he's actually bulkier than Skarmory iirc.

Smeargle @LifeOrb
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Jolly / Technician
-Extreme speed
-Mach Punch

Smeargle @Choice Scarf
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Jolly / Technician
-U-turn
-Parting shot
-Healing Wish
-Memento/Explosion

The second set is mainly fine, it's a switch-suicidal set. Choice Scarf allows to outspeed common threads. Although I recommend Own Tempo because U-turn is 70 BP.
And the first set is absolutely unviable. How you are attacking with a pokemon with 152 Attack?

See this
252+ Atk Smeargle Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 105-124 (41.6 - 49.2%) guaranteed 3HKO

If you decide to go with Jolly
252 Atk Smeargle Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 96-114 (38 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

The second set is mainly fine, it's a switch-suicidal set. Choice Scarf allows to outspeed common threads. Although I recommend Own Tempo because U-turn is 70 BP.
And the first set is absolutely unviable. How you are attacking with a pokemon with 152 Attack?

See this
252+ Atk Smeargle Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 105-124 (41.6 - 49.2%) guaranteed 3HKO

If you decide to go with Jolly
252 Atk Smeargle Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 96-114 (38 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Thanks for the feedback I changed technician to Own Tempo I totally forgot :P. And also awesome calcs but the 1st smeargle set is mainly to come in and revenge kill pokemon like breloom/cloyster who rely so heavily on there sash. Its not really a set to kill something on 100% health but more a weakened pokemon who's on there last bit of health.

Smeargle @LifeOrb
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Jolly / Technician
-Extreme speed
-Mach Punch

Smeargle @Choice Scarf
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Jolly / Technician
-U-turn
-Parting shot
-Healing Wish
-Memento/Explosion

That first set really has no place on any team ever. There are already potent priority revenge killers in 'mons like Talonflame and Genesect, and they'll hit way harder than Smeargle's pitiful 20 base attack could ever hope to dream of.

Look at this, not even holding eviolite:
252 Atk Life Orb Smeargle Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sunkern: 164-192 (81.5 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Espeed has its uses on Smeargle, but running a full-priority one isn't the way to do it.

As for the second set, I like the idea here but I have some suggestions:
  • U-turn and Parting Shot together are redundant; considering Smeargle will never do meaningful damage outside of moves like Counter/Mirror Coat and Endeavor, I'd drop U-Turn.
  • Likewise, Healing Wish+Memento/Explosion is semi-redundant. They admittedly all have different uses, but I don't think running multiple suicide moves is really worth using half your moveset. Also, Smeargle has the option of Lunar Dance over Healing Wish, which is the same thing but with added PP recovery.
Freeing up two slots, you could run, say, Spore+Foul Play. Even if unable to switch moves afterward a fast Spore can be useful for crippling a specific Pokemon, and scarf Foul Play lets it revenge physical attackers. I'd change it to timid 252HP instead of jolly 252atk if dropping Explosion, as well.

That first set really has no place on any team ever. There are already potent priority revenge killers in 'mons like Talonflame and Genesect, and they'll hit way harder than Smeargle's pitiful 20 base attack could ever hope to dream of.

Look at this, not even holding eviolite:
252 Atk Life Orb Smeargle Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sunkern: 164-192 (81.5 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Espeed has its uses on Smeargle, but running a full-priority one isn't the way to do it.

As for the second set, I like the idea here but I have some suggestions:
  • U-turn and Parting Shot together are redundant; considering Smeargle will never do meaningful damage outside of moves like Counter/Mirror Coat and Endeavor, I'd drop U-Turn.
  • Likewise, Healing Wish+Memento/Explosion is semi-redundant. They admittedly all have different uses, but I don't think running multiple suicide moves is really worth using half your moveset. Also, Smeargle has the option of Lunar Dance over Healing Wish, which is the same thing but with added PP recovery.
Freeing up two slots, you could run, say, Spore+Foul Play. Even if unable to switch moves afterward a fast Spore can be useful for crippling a specific Pokemon, and scarf Foul Play lets it revenge physical attackers. I'd change it to timid 252HP instead of jolly 252atk if dropping Explosion, as well.
Thanks for the feedback I'll look over smeargles set again and change stuff up! Thanks!

Hey friends, so I wanted your opinion on this set that I brewed up for Swampert. Swampy has been one of my favorite Pokemon since 3rd Gen, and it only helps that testing with him has revealed that he's a great check to Talonflame, Aegislash, Garchomp, and Tyranitar, just to name a few. So I thought about it: Swampert has good Attack and bulk, but with the meta becoming increasingly aggressive, how can I improve his bulk while still maintaining the power level I've come to expect from him? The answer: Assault Vest.

Swampert
@ Assault Vest
-Adamant Nature
-EVs: 252 Attack / 248 HP / 8 Sp. Def
-Moves:
Waterfall
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Avalanche
So, many of the old things about Swampert, both good and bad, are present with this set. He retains his good bulk and offensive power, along with great coverage in regards to his moves. However, he still lacks reliable recovery, can only take so many hits, and is slow. So I tried to enable Swampert to play an even greater offensive tank role by maxing Attack and utilizing the rest of the EVs to maintain his bulk and ability to tank Special Attacks.

What do you guys think? If you have any suggestions or thoughts about how I can improve this idea, let me know, please!

Hey friends, so I wanted your opinion on this set that I brewed up for Swampert. Swampy has been one of my favorite Pokemon since 3rd Gen, and it only helps that testing with him has revealed that he's a great check to Talonflame, Aegislash, Garchomp, and Tyranitar, just to name a few. So I thought about it: Swampert has good Attack and bulk, but with the meta becoming increasingly aggressive, how can I improve his bulk while still maintaining the power level I've come to expect from him? The answer: Assault Vest.

Swampert
@ Assault Vest
-Adamant Nature
-EVs: 252 Attack / 248 HP / 8 Sp. Def
-Moves:
Waterfall
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Avalanche
So, many of the old things about Swampert, both good and bad, are present with this set. He retains his good bulk and offensive power, along with great coverage in regards to his moves. However, he still lacks reliable recovery, can only take so many hits, and is slow. So I tried to enable Swampert to play an even greater offensive tank role by maxing Attack and utilizing the rest of the EVs to maintain his bulk and ability to tank Special Attacks.

What do you guys think? If you have any suggestions or thoughts about how I can improve this idea, let me know, please!
I really like this set! Swamperts a pokemon that has a lot going for it (wide move pool,average stats,good typing) but it always dies to grass attacks and like you said with assault vest it gets no recovery options. So with those flaws maybe you could have wish support AND a pokemon with sap sipper to have nice synergy with swampert and keep it alive to check all those popular pokemon!

So someone posted a Natural Gift Salac Berry Talonflame set, so I decided to make my own Natural Gift set for a different pokemon:

Scizor (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Natural Gift
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Basically this thing uses Yache Natural Gift for a coverage move to deal with things like Gliscor and Garchomp without Fire Blast (lol that's uncommon). It's mainly used for Gliscor though, as he can get in the way of a Scizor sweep a lot of times. I've also considered trying out an Occa Berry for opposing Scizors, but I don't know which one would be better. I guess it depends on the team. I carry Bullet Punch because every Scizor carries Bullet Punch, and then Swords Dance for the nice boost. I just put Roost over Bug Bite for the recovery. Another cool thing to run with Scizor would be a defensive Mega Scizor because he's actually bulkier than Skarmory iirc.
If you're going to do that, it's better to use

Ganlon (ice) or watmel (fire) as they have 80 bp when used with natural gift. That is, assuming, they're available.

Ganlon (ice) or watmel (fire) as they have 80 bp when used with natural gift. That is, assuming, they're available.
Scizor's Technician boosts Yache Berry Natural Gift from 60 to 90 base power, which makes it a tad bit more powerful.

Scizor's Technician boosts Yache Berry Natural Gift from 60 to 90 base power, which makes it a tad bit more powerful.
Good thinking, forgot about that

In which case can't natural gift became the physical hidden power? Admittedly it requires giving up a more beneficial item but maybe for certain attackers the coverage would be worth it (in this case, scizor could always run roost or other Pokemon can get wish passers)

Well, almost every pokemon gets Hidden Power, while Natural Gift has much more limited distribution. Pretty sure it's mostly Grass-types that get it. Also, not having an item sucks. But I guess it could work for Acrobatics Scizor. Maybe SD, BP, Acro, and Shuca Natural Gift?

Good thinking, forgot about that

In which case can't natural gift became the physical hidden power? Admittedly it requires giving up a more beneficial item but maybe for certain attackers the coverage would be worth it (in this case, scizor could always run roost or other Pokemon can get wish passers)
A minor nickpick, Natural Gift got a +20 BP for all berries this gen, so Galon becomes more powerful than Yache, at 100 vs 80.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Genesect @ Assault Vest
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz / Iron Head

I apologize if this was already posted somewhere on this thread, but I'm not going to look through 24 pages worth of stuff. Anyways, Genesect never finds itself running non attacking moves unless its using Shift Gear, so it's the perfect contender for an Assault Vest. With its newfound bulk, Genesect becomes an even better pivot than before, being able to easily switch directly into Dragon-types such as Latias, Latios, and Kyurem-B with ease and threaten them out. It can also switch into Psychic attacks, Electric-type attacks from Thundurus, and Water-type attacks from Rotom-W. Iron Head can be used in the last slot if you want Genesect to handle Fairy-types such as Togekiss, Mega Gardevoir, and Sylveon better. Here are some interesting calcs:

4 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 87-103 (30.7 - 36.3%) -- 60.1% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 199-235 (70.3 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 111-131 (39.2 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 80-94 (28.2 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 111-132 (39.2 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

As you can see, Genesect is able to become an even more successful pivot, and it is able to take hits that it never could before in order to threaten back. Although it misses the extra power from Life Orb, speed from Choice Scarf, or bluffing + power ability with E-Belt, it becomes an outstanding special tank that can sponge a variety of special attacks and talk on even boosted Pokemon with little issue. When using this set, it's important to keep entry hazards off the field so Genesect can last longer.

Last edited:
Well, almost every pokemon gets Hidden Power, while Natural Gift has much more limited distribution. Pretty sure it's mostly Grass-types that get it. Also, not having an item sucks. But I guess it could work for Acrobatics Scizor. Maybe SD, BP, Acro, and Shuca Natural Gift?
Natural Gift works well with Talonflame (the set I posted) since it allows you to take one of its counters by surprise (usually after a Swords Dance) and then you have STAB, priority Accrobatics to fall back on.

Genesect @ Assault Vest
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz / Iron Head

I apologize if this was already posted somewhere on this thread, but I'm not going to look through 24 pages worth of stuff. Anyways, Genesect never finds itself running non attacking moves unless its using Shift Gear, so it's the perfect contender for an Assault Vest. With its newfound bulk, Genesect becomes an even better pivot than before, being able to easily switch directly into Dragon-types such as Latias, Latios, and Kyurem-B with ease and threaten them out. It can also switch into Psychic attacks, Electric-type attacks from Thundurus, and Water-type attacks from Rotom-W. Iron Head can be used in the last slot if you want Genesect to handle Fairy-types such as Togekiss, Mega Gardevoir, and Sylveon better. Here are some interesting calcs:

4 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 87-103 (30.7 - 36.3%) -- 60.1% chance to 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 199-235 (70.3 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 111-131 (39.2 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 80-94 (28.2 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 111-132 (39.2 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

As you can see, Genesect is able to become an even more successful pivot, and it is able to take hits that it never could before in order to threaten back. Although it misses the extra power from Life Orb, speed from Choice Scarf, or bluffing ability with E-Belt, it becomes an outstanding special tank that can sponge a variety of special attacks and talk on even boosted Pokemon with little issue. When using this set, it's important to keep entry hazards off the field so Genesect can last longer.
Seconding this^. Assault Vest Genesects is actually very interesting to use, and I've been running one of my own for quite a while. Agreeing with everything here for the most part except for the part in bold. From personal experience, Assault Vest Genesect is extremely reminiscent of a Shuca Jirachi that I used to run in BW2, in that it brings deception/bluffing to a whole new level, first by bluffing an Choice Scarf and get a surprise KO on a switch in, then subsequently taking an attack that should KO, and then getting an additional KO, usually netting about 2 kills a game against an unprepared opponent.

For instance, if offensive Defog Latios (explains the LO below) comes in, knowing that you are not scarfed:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Genesect: 239-286 (84.4 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
in return,
+1 4 Atk Genesect U-turn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 320-378 (105.9 - 125.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

That might not be the best calculations to support my claim, but after an AV, Genesect reaches a good SDef of 339, which rivals that of Ho-oh at 344, even taking a LO boosted 4x SE attack from 130 SAtk.

In short, AV Genesect is among the best bluffs, easily bluffing a Choice set and getting a KO, and subsequently bluffing a EB set, and earning another one, and is deadly against unprepared players.

Ok guys seriously I believe CurseLax is back. And I know what you are thinking, "Oh look its this post again", but for cereals I had great success on the OU ladder using CurseLax and a team that can support it.

There are 2 reasons why CurseLax is real good this generation
1) The fighting type nerf. Been discussed to death but its true. Fighting types are far less prevelant in OU and the ones that are around are much more easily checked because of Fairies and Talonflame
2) The Facade buff. Yes the minor Facade buff it receives that makes burns no longer half the attack stat when using the move. This is crucial because this allows Snorlax to EASILY set up on Rotom W and make him a liability for your opponents team. The pure power that a +2 Status'd Facade from a Snorlax is absolutely outstanding. Curselax always had a problem and worry of getting burned after it's intial rest. But now Snorlax is the ultimate status absorber.

EV Spread: 252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 4 attack
Nature: Careful
Ability: Thick Fat
Item: Chesto Berry
Facade/Return/Body Slam
Earthquake/Crunch
Curse
Rest

Here it is folks, the most terrifying set of the second generation remix'd. Its is strongly advised that you wait til late game to try to sweep with this. You could pull it off early depending on your opponents team but late game after all potential counters are gone it is absolutely devastating. Facade is strongly the most recommended STAB move out of the 3 because of the small buff it receives and guarantees you will be able to set up on essentially anything special attacker without worry. Rotom W and Rotom H absolutely cries at this set because its ability to absorb all their attacks and will-o-wisp and destroy as a result of a 210 bp facade. If you are worried about the 70 base power though as a result of not being status'd you can go Return or Body Slam. Return has the power, but Body Slam allows Snorlax to have another role as the Special Wall team supporter who can spread paralysis

Earthquake is the coverage move of choice as it gives Snorlax strong coverage overall. Crunch is another strong option so it isnt walled hard by Skarmory and Gengar. Dark also has great coverage overall this gen. But beware that Tyranitar and Bisharp laughs at this set if you are running Crunch. Both are viable options just build your team around to support which ever move it has.

Hands down the best partner for this set is Talonflame. Talonflame is the best friend Snorlax has been waiting generations for. It can easily revenge kill or scare out fighting types AND take out the number one enemy of this set Skarmory and Gengar. Azumarill is another good choice because it can dispatch huge fighting threats such as Infernape, Terrakion, Conkelldurr etc etc.

Checks and Counters: Obviously fighting types are the first to come to mind. Until you dispatch them they can stop the boosting and sweeping at will. Skarmory is also enemy number one as it is untouched by Norma/Ground and doesnt care much for Crunch and can whirlwind Snorlax out. Rest of the counters depends on your coverage move. Without Earthquake Tyranitar and Bisharp are problems but without Crunch Gengar is a big problem. Build your team with this in mind and you should be successful

Overall thoughts: Fun to use and enjoyable to sweep with. Snorlax may not be top tier, but this set has been absolutely devastating with the right team support and I highly recommend it

Using Mega Ampharos as a fun lure:

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Counter
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch

(Really the last 3 moves are just filler, for use when Ampharos isn't luring something.)

Because there are a lot of pokemon that think they can easily OHKO Ampharos since they hit super effective. But they don't. Of course, you have to be careful to keep Ampharos quite healthy.

Scarfchomp:
252+ Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 302-356 (78.6 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 252-296 (65.6 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Hit Counter, or Dragon Pulse will do at least 90% back.

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 304-359 (79.1 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Thunder Wave it and Volt Switch out. It's crippled. Or Focus Blast if you run that.
+1 252 SpA Genesect Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 258-304 (67.1 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Same as Greninja, basically.

0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 146-174 (38 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
It's so weak Counter doesn't even OHKO back, lol.

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 252-296 (65.6 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Be careful with banded, they can OHKO with this most of the time.

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 258-306 (67.1 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 328-385 (85.4 - 100.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 270-320 (70.3 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
A bunch more ground types that look salty if a Counter comes back in their faces.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been using ScarfChomp lately and I know it's not underrated or creative, but mine is a little bit different than traditional ScarfChomp:

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Outrage

I chose Garchomp when I was thinking of a good scarfer that can kill both suspects (gene and m-luke) with 1 set, and Flygon came to my mind first, with Earthquake, Fire Punch, and the fact that it has 1 more speed than Genesect. But then I realized that Garchomp does all that Flygon does, and better, with more bulk to take on +2 priority from m.luke. The downside was no u-turn, but my team doesn't really depend on momentum all that much.

Anyway, I chose Fire Fang over Fire Blast because it still gets the job done and is more reliable, even though it's more irritating when it misses because it's got 95% fucking accuracy. Stone Edge is used because it's one of my only answers to Volc on the team (lol) and Earthquake for STAB. I couldn't find any room for Dragon Claw and I really needed the power from Outrage so I used that instead.

Here is my masterpiece, I hope it makes me famous, haha:

Pachirisu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Speed
Careful Nature
- Nuzzle
- Super Fang
- U-Turn
- ???

I use Pachirisu as a Special Wall. Pachirisu's advantage over other Support and Wall Pokemon is... It is "immune" to Taunt!
Nuzzle+Super Fang is unique to Pachirisu's movepool and its main reason to use it. It can paralyse, it can make damage and break walls with Super Fang and Pachirisu holding Assault Vest (which is perfect because its side effect gets useless) is unstoppable (for some rounds at least :)) if the opponent is a special-oriented one. It can't use a recovery move but it can take Rotom-W's Volt Switch and heal itself :D. U-Turn is there for escaping M-Gengar, making some damage before switching out or taking a hit and safely sending in another Pokemon. I use U-Turn over Volt Switch because U-Turn hits everything and Pachirisu is Careful natured (-Sp. Atk).

I tried using it with Last Resort instead of U-Turn and without a 4th moveslot, but sadly Pachirisu doesn't make any damage. But good thing that Super Fang is perfectly making up for it.
For the 4th slot, I also tried Fling'ing Assault Vest and hoped it can work as a "taunt" (which would have been epic) but sadly it didn't.
Any ideas for the 4th moveslot?

252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 48-57 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 45-54 (26.9 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 55-66 (32.9 - 39.5%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Espeon Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 40-48 (23.9 - 28.7%) -- 94.4% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 42-51 (25.1 - 30.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 104-125 (62.2 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Pachirisu: 127-151 (76 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

With Nuzzle+Super Fang+U-Turn it is most of the time in advantage against Special Sweeper.
I think it pairs well with priority sweepers like Talonflame or Azumarill. Priority attackers can easily take out the foes that were weakened from Pachirisu's Super Fang and Azumarill also benefits from Nuzzle's paralysis. Also, Talonflame/Azumarill attract Electric moves which Pachirisu can absorb and Talonflame can dodge Earthquakes aimed at Pachirisu.

No harsh critics please! xD
Have fun!

Last edited:
Here is my masterpiece, I hope it makes me famous, haha:

Pachirisu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Speed
Careful Nature
- Nuzzle
- Super Fang
- U-Turn
- ???

I use Pachirisu as a Special Wall. Pachirisu's advantage over other Support and Wall Pokemon is... It is "immune" to Taunt!
Nuzzle+Super Fang is unique to Pachirisu's movepool and its main reason to use it. It can paralyse, it can make damage and break walls with Super Fang and Pachirisu holding Assault Vest (which is perfect because its side effect gets useless) is unstoppable (for some rounds at least :)) if the opponent is a special-oriented one. It can't use a recovery move but it can take Rotom-W's Volt Switch and heal itself :D. U-Turn is there for escaping M-Gengar, making some damage before switching out or taking a hit and safely sending in another Pokemon. I use U-Turn over Volt Switch because U-Turn hits everything and Pachirisu is Careful natured (-Atk).

I tried using it with Last Resort instead of U-Turn and without a 4th moveslot, but sadly Pachirisu doesn't make any damage. But good thing that Super Fang is perfectly making up for it.
For the 4th slot, I also tried Fling'ing Assault Vest and hoped it can work as a "taunt" (which would have been epic) but sadly it didn't.
Any ideas for the 4th moveslot?

252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 48-57 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 45-54 (26.9 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 55-66 (32.9 - 39.5%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Espeon Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 40-48 (23.9 - 28.7%) -- 94.4% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 42-51 (25.1 - 30.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Pachirisu: 104-125 (62.2 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Pachirisu: 127-151 (76 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

With Nuzzle+Super Fang+U-Turn it is most of the time in advantage against Special Sweeper.
I think it pairs well with priority sweepers like Talonflame or Azumarill. Priority attackers can easily take out the foes that were weakened from Pachirisu's Super Fang and Azumarill also benefits from Nuzzle's paralysis. Also, Talonflame/Azumarill attract Electric moves which Pachirisu can absorb and Talonflame can dodge Earthquakes aimed at Pachirisu.

No harsh critics please! xD
Have fun!
Wow I must say that is a very awesome set! The fact that it can wall such prominent OU pokemon is really amazing. For the last move slot I think seed bomb might go well there since you can hit ground types for good super effective damage but it still won't do much with pach's terrible attack stat so you have to take that into consideration :/ Another thing is it'll get 2HKO'd by a lot of physical attacks so you'll need some support with other pokemon. Overall I think this is really creative and unexpected! :)

Well I just had to put my Chatot set on this :OOO

Chatot @ Life Orb
Trait: Tangled Feet
252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Boomburst
- Chatter
- Hidden Power Fighting

Everyone wants to use Exploud and say Exploud is better but no one ever notices that Chat it's Boom burst is stronger than Exploud utilizing LO and Nasty Plot. I don't see Exploud 2HKOing a Blissey .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)