Crossover Chaos: Hiatus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though you are right in the Dark Type representing trickery, the typing represents a lot more than that.

For one, Dark-Type is known as the Evil Type in Japan, and, although Meta Knight's allegiances and motives seem to switch in the blink of an eye, he normally takes on the role of an antihero or straight up villain, so this works in some sense.

Another concept the Dark-Type is associated with is, well, darkness itself. Although I will admit that the Ghost-Type has a lot more of a connection with shadows and such, it isn't related to darkness per say, and Meta Knight doesn't exactly fit the Ghost-Type. Meta Knight has some connection to the darkness, as he seems to be able to create and manipulate it with attacks like Galaxia Darkness (which, by the way, is named GALAXIA DARKNESS).

So, in general, I think it fits fine.

Edit: It's also worth mentioning that Darkrai, another Dark-Type that doesn't necessarily fit the Mischievous or Evil aspects of the type, is a Dark-Type.
The only canonically villainous Pokemon, Necrozma, is not Dark-type. Necrozma is associated with darkness, still not Dark-type. Argument falls apart under the weight of 1 prism boi, which to be fair is 507.1 pounds or 230 kilograms.

Putting in a few submissions of my own for variety when it comes to voting.

Type:Steel/Fairy
Ability: Rightful King (increases critical hit ratio by one stage)
Stats: 77/133/108/42/70/143
OU Moveset:
Marth @ Life Orb
Ability: Sol
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Exalted Falchion (Physical | Fairy | 100 BP | 10 PP | Does not make contact)
- Sacred Sword
-
Swords Dance
Reasoning: Rightful King is a skill form Awakening that can be used by the royal bloodline, including Marth from his SpotPass map. Both his and Exalted Falchion's typing come from the fact that Falchion deals bonus damage to dragons in the Fire Emblem series. His stats are scaled from his level 30 stats as a Lodestar. He also can learn Flash because if no pant Marth.

Type: Fighting/Psychic
Ability: Limit (when below 33%, Attack and Speed raise by one stage).
Stats: 100/110/80/100/75/85
OU Moveset:
Cloud @ Cloudium-Z
Ability: Sol
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Ultima Sword (Physical | Fighting | 100 BP | 5 PP | Does not make contact | 1.5x damage if Cloud is at full HP)
-Omnislash (Z-move | Physical | Fighting | 25 BP | Hits 5 times | +3 critical hit ratio)​
- Earthquake
-
Recover/Refresh/Swords Dance
Reasoning: Cloud's good all round stats are based on his FFVII stats. Limit allows Cloud to use more powerful attack after being dealt damage. His Ultima Weapon deals more damage depending on Clouds HP. His ultimate move, Omnislash, deals many critical hits in FFVII (from what I remember). He also has access to special moves such as Fire Blast, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt and status moves such as Reflect, Recover, Refresh from his usable magic attacks.

Type: Fighting/Steel
Ability: Dark Wings (1.5x damage boost to Flying type attacks and grants Ground type immunity)
Stats: 70/115/80/80/75/155
OU Moveset:
Meta Knight @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Wings
Jolly Nature
- Galaxia Slash (Physical | Steel | 100 BP | 10 PP | Does not make contact | 30% chance to flinch)
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
-
Taunt/U-Turn
Reasoning: Meta Knight is often playable in boss rush modes in several Kirby games, hence the Fighting type. His sword and mask grant him his Steel typing. His sword is called Galaxia and seemingly comes out of nowhere from its small sheath. While Meta Knight has wings, it is inconsistent as to whether they are part of his body or cape so his Flying attributes are worked into his ability rather than typing. He learns Taunt because I constantly spammed his "Fight me!" taunt in Brawl.

Last edited:
Pokémon: Marth
Type: Steel
Ability: Luck +4 | [HA] Hyper Cutter
Stats: 70 HP/80 Atk/70 Def/45 SpA/70 SpD/100 Spe
OU Moveset:
Marth @ Choice Band
Ability: Luck +4
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Sword
- Precipice Blades
Reasoning: Luck +4 is a skill Prince Marth can have in Awakening. The luck stat reduces the chance of enemy critical hits and increases the user's accuracy.

Luck +4: Reduces the chance of enemy crits by four stages. The user's moves' accuracy is increased by 40% of the original accuracy.

Pokémon: Cloud
Ability: Huge Power | [HA] Hyper Cutter
Stats: 60 HP/85 Atk/100 Def/75 SpA/67 SpD/55 Spe
OU Moveset:
Cloud @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Cross-slash
- Superpower / Earthquake
- Thundaga / Firaga / Blizzaga
Reasoning: Cloud can learn the agas in Final Fantasy with the right class. Cross-slash is one of his own moves. Both his abilities come from his massive sword.

Cross-slash
Steel | Physical | 30 BP | 8 PP | 90%
Hits 2-4 times.

Firaga/Thundaga/Blizzaga
Fire/Electric/Ice respectively | Special | 80 BP | 24 PP | 100%

Pokémon: Meta Knight
Type: Steel/Flying
Ability: Aerilate
Stats: 95 HP/80 Atk/80 Def/80 SpA/50 SpD/153 Spe
OU Moveset:
Meta Knight @ Choice Specs
EVs: 88 Atk / 168 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sword Beam
- Drill Run
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Blast / Dark Pulse

Meta Knight @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Roost / Drill Run / Sacred Sword
Reasoning: Drill Run is actually the name of one of Meta Knight's moves. Meta Knight can fly pretty fast, and he spends a lot of time in the air. He can fire sword beams at full health. He's used fire in Squeak Squad.

Sword Beam
Steel | Special | 125 BP | 8 PP | 100%
Selectable only at full health.

Meta Knight: Pika Xreme, ToadBrigade
Cloud: ToadBrigade

why are we making everything with any metal on their design steel-type despite precedent from salamence?

Meta Knight: Pika Xreme, ToadBrigade
Cloud: ToadBrigade

why are we making everything with any metal on their design steel-type despite precedent from salamence?
I guess swords being the main theme of this slate, people's minds immediately went to Steel.

Also I'm looking to have more slates with non-humanoid characters (unless everyone is enjoying human characters), so any suggestions would be great.

I guess swords being the main theme of this slate, people's minds immediately went to Steel.

Also I'm looking to have more slates with non-humanoid characters (unless everyone is enjoying human characters), so any suggestions would be great.
But of the sword moves, none of them are Steel, and the most "generic sword" is Sacred Sword, a Fighting move. And there are five knight Pokemon that are all Fighting, and only one is Steel.

Anyway since it's year of the DOGGO and you want non-humanoids:

dog friend slate: Boney (Mother 3), Blade Wolf (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance), Chain Chomp (Super Mario)

Marth: Ninetales Dragons
Cloud: Ninetales Dragons, lordofdunans
Meta Knight: Cookie Butter, Ninetales Dragons, Exploudit
Steel is the only type that makes sense for Marth and Cloud, at least. Everything else is a stretch.

Congratulations to Ninetales Dragons for winning Marth (by default) and Cloud, and Cookie Butter for winning Meta Knight!
Ninetales Dragons has earned the title Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

Eighth Slate:
Year of the Growlithe
A wild Chain Chomp, Amaterasu, and Isabelle appeared!
(suggested by Pika Xreme)

Get you submissions in by the 2nd of March.
Please feel free to suggest future slates.
Have fun!

how dare you trade Blade Wolf for a non-combatant character
You can't have a Chinese New Year/Year of the Dog slate without Isabelle; she looks like a bag of money. I do have Blade Wolf lined up to be in a slate in the next few weeks though.

Edit: I haven't seen many support submissions that are like Chansey or Rotom-W. It'll be fun to see an Isabelle submission along those lines.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Pokémon: Chain Chomp
Ability: Strong Jaw / Steelworker / Unchained (priority +1 to contact moves if HP≤50%)
Stats: 50/105/185/55/75/20 (490)
OU Moveset:
Chain Chomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker / Unchained
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Speed
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Anchor Shot
- Wood Hammer
- Lunge

Reasoning: I feel like this is very self-explanatory.

Pokémon: Isabelle
Type: Normal
Ability: Friend Guard / Flower Gift / Harvest
Stats: 100/55/100/55/100/60 (470)
New Move: Demolition Request (Ground Type, Status, 15 PP, - Acc., removes entry hazards and damage-reducing barriers on opponent's side of the field)
OU Moveset:
Isabelle @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs:
___ Nature
- Demolition Request
-
-
-

Reasoning: WIP

Update: Since the last few slates have been delayed for more submissions (and it seems this current one will follow suit), the submission phase will be permanently extended to one week. Also to give everyone more opportunity to vote, voting will also be permanently extended. This means this slate's submission deadline is now the 4th of March. Also here's some submissions.

Ability: Chained Charge (at 100% HP, Steel moves gain +1 priority)
Stats: 80/110/200/50/80/60

OU Moveset:
Chain Chomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Chained Charge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Charging Lunge (Physical | Steel | 90 BP | 10 PP | 30% chance to flinch)
- Earthquake
- Play Rough
-
Slack Off

Reasoning: It's ability and signature move, Chained Charge and Charging Lunge, comes from Chain Chomp's normal attacking method by lunging quickly while being held back by a chain. High defence comes from its hard body and being impervious to many physical attacks while being slow comes from its slow movement speed while not attacking. Its slow movement speed also gives it reason to know Slack Off while Play Rough comes from it sometimes playful nature as seen in Link's Awakening.

Type: Fire
Ability: Astral Pouch (if Amaterasu has a sketched move, the type of that move becomes her secondary type)
Stats: 70/110/80/120/90/130

OU Moveset:
Amaterasu @ Life Orb
Ability: Astral Pouch
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power / any sketched move
-
Sunrise (Status | Fire | -- BP | 5 PP | Sets sun and restores 66.7% of total HP)

Reasoning: As brushstrokes play an important role in Okami, Amaterasu has access to Sketch. However she can only be learned once and cannot be relearned until she has forgotten her sketched move. Her Fire typing comes from her origins as a Sun Goddess.

Type: Normal
Ability: Klutz
Stats: 140/40/70/40/130/110

OU Moveset:
Isabelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Switcheroo
- Wish
- Protect
- Cheering Support (Status | Normal | -- BP | 20 PP | Switches out and heals the incoming ally of any status conditions)

Reasoning: Isabelle has high HP because her heart is full of kindness. Having Klutz as an ability comes from her being a total klutz in Animal Crossing. She is a kind and helpful person who often gives items to help out, hence the move Switcheroo. Isabelle is always cheering on her friends so Cheering Support is a way she can still help her allies in battle along with the rest of her support moves. Of course her kind, happy-go-luck nature means she cannot learn any offensive moves.

Last edited:
Might as well put out one last call for submissions. If you don't have a submission and want this pet mod to continue onto a new slate, just let me know. Otherwise I think it's time for this pet mod to have a break. Hopefully there'll be an opportunity for it to gain popularity again in the future.

Let's pretend the Chinese New Year slate never happened

Eighth Slate (Take 2):
Big Bad Reptiles
A wild Bowser, Ridley, and King K. Rool appeared!

Submissions close in one week.
The next slate's theme will be robots.
Please feel free to suggest future slates.
Have fun!​

oh boy i can't wait for this slate to die from one of Ridley or K.Rool getting no subs, wasting all my effort

Pokémon: Bowser
Type: Fire/Dark
Ability: Intimidate / Regenerator
Stats: 120/130/130/100/70/50 (600)
OU Moveset:
King of Vests (Bowser) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fireball (Physical Fire. 85 BP. 15/24 PP. 10% chance to burn)
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Wallser (Bowser) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate / Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Will-o-Wisp
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Parting Shot (Bowser) @ Figy Berry / Darkium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Parting Shot
- Knock Off
- Fireball (see above)
- Rapid Spin / Earthquake

Rampager (Bowser) @ White Herb / Firium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Fireball (See above) / Flare Blitz
- Knock Off / Crunch
- Earthquake

OO: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Overheat, Lava Plume, Dark Pulse, Flame Charge, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Roar, Taunt, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Gyro Ball, Dragon Tail, Iron Tail, Iron Head, Thunder Punch, Outrage, Dragon Pulse, Superpower
Reasoning: I tried to make Bowser versatile, given the amount of roles he's filled and powers he's had in his home series Bowser is associated with fire in almost every appearance, so that should be self-explanatory. Being the Great Demon King of the Turtle Tribe (no really that's his actual title), he can fit right in as a Dark-type.
Bowser is oft feared by others, hence Intimidate. Bowser has a tendency to survive and bounce back from ridiculous fates, hence Regenerator, as well as his great physical bulk. Bowser is known for his power, hence his high Attack, but he's also a good enough sorcerer to justify good Special Attack. And while Bowser can run fast and jump high, he's not awfully fast as a combatant, hence low Speed.
Fireball comes from the typical shape of Bowser's fire breath in 2D games (and also the need to have a reliable physical fire STAB). Knock Off is mostly just Dark STAB, but Bowser DOES knock off Mario's cap in the intro to Super Mario Odyssey. Bowser can create Earthquakes when he uses a Ground Pound in certain titles. Bowser can also spin around in his shell, hence Rapid Spin (and Gyro Ball). Parting Shot comes from Bowser, well, making parting threats. ("I'll remember this!") Will-o-Wisp because fire and also a sorcerer. Crunch comes from Bowser biting people sometimes. Shell Smash is common on turtle Pokémon, and while Bowser doesn't exactly smash his shell ever, the idea of him abandoning reason and going apeshit still rings true.
Again, fire powers.
Bowser has draconic features, more than enough to learn a few Dragon moves.
Bowser can roar.
Bowser taunts people.
He also displayed lightning powers in Super Mario Galaxy
Bowser has a tail, and can headbutt people.
Bowser is strongk.

Also, lemme guess, Blade Wolf will be in the robot slate?

oh boy i can't wait for this slate to die from one of Ridley or K.Rool getting no subs, wasting all my effort

Also, lemme guess, Blade Wolf will be in the robot slate?
Hopefully the arch villains from two of Nintendo's most well known series get at least few subs.
And yeah Blade Wolf is going to be in it. The robot slate was supposed to this one but hopefully your idea of having Bowser will get more people back into it.

Hopefully the arch villains from two of Nintendo's most well known series get at least few subs.
And yeah Blade Wolf is going to be in it. The robot slate was supposed to this one but hopefully your idea of having Bowser will get more people back into it.
but... DK and Metroid aren't even close to that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)