Rejected Daily Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinstonRed

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hey guys, this is just a nice-to-have suggestion, nothing really important, but I was thinking about how you could make the daily ladder grind a bit more enjoyable for people. Would it be possible to implement daily quests like you have in a lot of online games of other genres? They could have a wide range, from "win x games" to more specific things like "damage X pokemon with entry hazards" or "get X takedowns with grass moves" and much more.

Imo it's a nice and easy way to spice things up a bit for the majority of the playerbase, and could be unrelated of the actual tier someone is playing in. The only "issue" I see in this would be what to give people as a reward, because avatars are almost all in the game already and custom avatars would be too much work for something so minor, but maybe someone else would have a good idea about that :)

I think a good enough reward would be a unique symbol next to your name in chat for the rest of the day (or until the next server restart, whichever is easier). ~, #, @, %, *, and + are already in use, so maybe & could work?

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I think a good enough reward would be a unique symbol next to your name in chat for the rest of the day (or until the next server restart, whichever is easier). ~, #, @, %, *, and + are already in use, so maybe & could work?
& is in use too; it means Global Leader.

I think it's important to find a balance between work put in and two what extent that reward improves players' experiences when playing on PS. Would it be hard to implement something like this one the website? I know nothing of coding >.< Would be good to hear from someone if this would be a lot of work or not. Is there a way for users to be able to like...submit their own quests to use and have a reward system that players would care about but is also easy to implement?

And by the way, always happy to hear new ideas! By putting this idea out there, others can give an opinion on it and hopefully we can have an idea of how popular it would be. :D (Sorry if I failed to communicate that without having to clarify, I mean!)

WinstonRed

I COULD BE BANNED!
yeah it should definitely be reasonable rewards. Like I said, custom avatars for example are way too much work for the people in charge to hand out for something this minor. On second thought, changing it from daily to weekly quests is also probably a better idea (and in turn make the stuff you gotta do more "challenging" ofc)

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
While this could be a fun feature, it conflicts with PS's and Smogon's project visions. We're a competitive Pokemon simulator where the primary goal should be to win battles, so only this should be rewarded. Smogon also collects usage data from us for tiering and metagame feedback, so we can't add incentives that fundamentally change the game for everyone by dictating certain play styles on the ladder.

Lastly, I think any change that makes us look more like a FTP mobile game would be wildly unpopular with our userbase.

That said, we now have a new chatroom, Trick House, that offers a handful of monthly challenges and a competitive leaderboard for them in a much less invasive manner, so I suggest you give it a try :blobthumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)