Defensive Walling Combinations

Im a little surprised no one has mentioned Weezing+Blissey yet (unless I missed it >_>)

Instead of covering eachothers type weaknesses as good as some of the other combos mentioned(although Weezing does take fighting attacks nicely), Blissey absorbs the Special Attacks often thrown at Weezing while Weezing can take the Fighting/Physical attacks. Even though some sort of Special Based Mixed Sweeper with Cross Chop or w/e would have fun with it..

I dont understand better typing, Skarm is neutral to Fighting, is weak to what is now one of the most common attacking types in the game, whereas Weezings only weakness is one of the least-used types, Attack wise.

Blisszing was my standard wall combination, I loved that, and I was used to fix it with max defence/hp bold Cresselia, Weezing spread WoW, cressy T-wave, Blissy heal the teammates, all 3 have access to a recovery move (moonligh, pain split, softboiled) all have a offencesive move combination (hp ice+tbolt, or flametrowher/sludge bomb on weezing, ice-toss on bissey, cressy could go with many filler... pyschic, charge, ice beam...) Plus weezing coud Haze if necessary...
Probably is this a good combination of neutral wall... Cressy should be played with a mixed defensive ev spread to resist special hits better, but I've (on Wi-Fi) faced most Phisical sweeper than Special.
Anyway, I really like the idea of wish blissey, this will help much the other two... but sandly is impossible to get, and still, is a simple "general wall combo" can't take on all the sweeper around, also the "new" SD yache Chomp, is very dangerous to that combination if he get a SD

because that's the idea behind skarmbliss, except it has better typing and reliability.
I'd argue with that. Weezing is only weak to psycic type moves, which tend to be found on special threats that Blissey should be fighting, not weezing. Wezing can phaze like Skarmory and has access to Will O Wisp which helps Weezing deal with Phy attackers. Let's not forget that Blissey can use wish to ensure Weezing sticks around. Another benefit is that Magnezone can't trap Weezing, unlike Skarmory,

It also doesn't get decimated by SD Lucario and Heracross, which is a major plus in my eyes.

There's only one combo that strikes fear into enemy hearts...

MANLIX.

Steelix and Mantine combine to become mildly effective! They fully resist/are immune to each others weaknesses. The real issue is dealing damage, though you can go Surf/Toxic/Protect/Filler and SR/Roar/EQ/Toxic I guess.
Electivire with Thunderpunch and Flamethrower?
Magmortar with Thunderpunch and Flamethrower?

With Mixed attackers running rampant, and every Dragon having decent SpAtt to counter half the Physical walls, you're relying more on prediction than raw-double-wall-combinations.

i have/was using
defensive oriented Registeel
Special Defensive oriented Milotic

Was pretty solid actually. No SkarmBliss though.

Gyarados+Magnezone literally covers each other's weaknesses. Also one of the few two pokemon combos to actually boast having a resistance to every single type in the game. (Pelipper can fit over Gyarados and still have the same amount of resists but Gyara generally is better at not only taking hits but dishing them out as well). Lack of a reliable recovery move rather hampers the combo's potential :(.

Salamence+Magnezone boasts the same resist all types as the GyaraZone combo does but Sala provides Wish support making this combo a little bit more reliable. Dragonite can go over Mence or even Altaria but both lack the healing Sala provides to Zone.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd argue with that. Weezing is only weak to psycic type moves, which tend to be found on special threats that Blissey should be fighting, not weezing.
But it trades that for not resisting Normal, Flying, Psychic (Weezing's weakness), Ghost, DRAGON, Dark, and Steel. Skarmory also resists Grass and Bug x4 instead of x2 (only the Bug one really matters, though), and is immune to Poison instead of 2x resistant. Weezing has the advantage of not being weak to Electric and Fire and resisting Fighting. It also has to use Pain Split or Rest (or be passed Wishes) to stay healed up, whereas Skarmory can Roost. Skarmory is also immune to SS.

Wezing can phaze like Skarmory
Weezing can only Haze, which is generally inferior to phazing (Roar and Whirlwind).

It also doesn't get decimated by SD Lucario and Heracross, which is a major plus in my eyes.
If you really want a Fighting resist, I'd look into Gliscor. It has Roost and can take on those threats as well.

I have been working on a Empcor (Empoleon & Gliscor)

Empoleon is only weak to Fighting, Electric and Ground, Glis is immune to Elec & Ground and takes fighting hits like a champ. That being said Glis doesn't like Ice and Water in which Empleon is a x4 and x2 resist.

The only type they cannot resist completly is Grass/Fire.

I have to agree with Obi, if there would be a 2 Pokemon combo that covers 99% of all threats everyone would use it...
That said I found the Combo Slice n(and) Dice mentioned to be very effective.

Adding to Celetran, Celebi/Heatran/Zapdos/Gliscor is ridiculously hard to break. Things like Togekiss and Heracross are decimated all of the sudden. Gengar doesn't stand a damn chance, and Lucario isn't able to set up for a massive sweep or do any damage with boosted Aura Sphere. Throw another special wall like Blissey or Cresselia in the mix, and you have one fuck of a defense.

I dunno. If something happened to Heatran, Mamoswine could rip right through those pokemon. Try a few less Ice weaks... just because Heatran could switch into powerful Ice moves doesn't mean the mamoswine user wouldn't catch on and EQ next time.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Slap a Bronzong in that mix though, and Mamoswine suddenly isn't so much of a problem anymore. That team shapes up to be a pretty nice stall team.

Slap a Bronzong in that mix though, and Mamoswine suddenly isn't so much of a problem anymore. That team shapes up to be a pretty nice stall team.
That's a whopping five walls, I thought this was supposed to be like two or three pokemon in combination. Sure, the ENTIRE TEAM might not get swept by mamoswine, but what are you gonna do about offense? Rapid Spin? Wish support? Five walls is all good and nice on paper, but it's impractical.

That's a whopping five walls, I thought this was supposed to be like two or three pokemon in combination. Sure, the ENTIRE TEAM might not get swept by mamoswine, but what are you gonna do about offense? Rapid Spin? Wish support? Five walls is all good and nice on paper, but it's impractical.
But thats not 5 walls. Its a defensive combo. I don't see how you can qualify Heatran and Zapdos as walls they are just bulky, defensively sound pokemon, but they focus on attacking.

You could try these combinations:

BlissNoir- Dusknoir walls Blissey's fighting problem, while Blissey guards against special attacks. Be wary of Dark types, but slap in a steelix and your'e good.

SuiTomb-2 pretty nasty walls, combined with the fact that they both have pressure.

BronzTran- Self explanatory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)