Pokémon Delphox

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be in ubers, but it seems like a great Xerneas counter lol. Life Orb fire blast will seriously hurt Xerneas and steal its power herb. It can then proceed to 2HKO
Xerneas(with min sp Def and hp) as it is still charging geomancy. Battle spot this gen will be fun XD

Just got max sp iv delphox, and reset its ivs. I know its faster than Garchomp and Im waiting for roommate to get back so I can see its speed at level 50.

I've got a no EV Delphox here with perfect HP, Sp. Def and Speed IVs. It's faster than Garchomp but slower than Scyther. Sp. Def is around the 99-100 range. Not really sure about HP. Sp. Atk is around the 115 area, level 36 Delphox with a Neutral nature, no EVs has 98 Special Attack. Still not sure about attack and defense.

Attachments

at level 50 it had 124 base speed, putting it at 1 below 105 base speeds with no evs at level 50 according to smogon. So it appears to have 104 base speed

When I ended up breeding Wish onto Fennekin, I had originally planned to get Aura Sphere from Lucario.

The notion that she gets Aura Sphere from Lucario is 100% false....sadly :(

I've got a no EV Delphox here with perfect HP, Sp. Def and Speed IVs. It's faster than Garchomp but slower than Scyther. Sp. Def is around the 99-100 range. Not really sure about HP. Sp. Atk is around the 115 area, level 36 Delphox with a Neutral nature, no EVs has 98 Special Attack. Still not sure about attack and defense.
Total noob question, but how did you get your Delphox with Magician? I thought that was it's hidden ability?

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a confirmed list of available Pokemon in the Friend Safari? Any possibility of available legendaries? X/Y seem to have a severe lack of them.
I'm just running off of Serebii's list in their friend safari section at the moment sorry.

Delphox's hidden ability can be really good for sets with Fire/Psychic Gem etc. Its Speed and Special attack is pretty good to be an offensive threat and it does have access to Screens/Calm Mind and switcheroo

Im still playing through the game (around 5th gym). Delphox also gets power up punch which smacks around the dark pokes hard and gives a plus 1 to attack. Its roughly 70 base attack doesng seem threatening but pu punch can boost its attack to gdt around ttar and bulky walls like umbreon and snorlax. You can run fightig gem also to really make use of magician too. What do you think?

Im still playing through the game (around 5th gym). Delphox also gets power up punch which smacks around the dark pokes hard and gives a plus 1 to attack. Its roughly 70 base attack doesng seem threatening but pu punch can boost its attack to gdt around ttar and bulky walls like umbreon and snorlax. You can run fightig gem also to really make use of magician too. What do you think?
Power-up punch and Delphox's attack are just too weak. You'd need too much attack investment to make it worthwhile. Honestly, it's best and pretty much only set is a calm mind set with grass knot/hidden power, psyshock/psychic and fire blast. Or a choice set with switcheroo.

Does it get Focus Blast?

Delphox has the potential to work as a disruptor in a similar way as knock off Pokémon.
I think there is room for a Fire Gem Variant

NATURE: Timid / Modest
ITEMS: Fire Gem
EV's: 252 Sp. Atk. / 252 Speed / 6 HP

MOVESET -
Flamethrower
Psyshock
Grass Knot
Shadow Ball

Upstart

Copy Cat
If it can Survive, I think a Def. EV Delphox with Weakness Policy can be a good counter to Honedge
This is flawed for multiple reasons. First to defensively Ev Delphox removes her sole advantage of speed. Weakness Policy serves little purpose to uninvested Special Attack and Speed.

As a honedge "counter", Delphox can already manhandle with fire STAB moves.

Delphox has the potential to work as a disruptor in a similar way as knock off Pokémon.
I think there is room for a Fire Gem Variant

NATURE: Timid / Modest
ITEMS: Fire Gem
EV's: 252 Sp. Atk. / 252 Speed / 6 HP

MOVESET -
Flamethrower
Psyshock
Grass Knot
Shadow Ball
I honestly find the fire gem far to gimmicky. Being restricted from using a fire attack until you have a pokemon's item to steal is too risky.

If Delphox would have 116 Spd instead of that high Sp Def would be great.
Although this maybe true, I would like to avoid what ifs and discuss what is. Delphox's speed is confirmed to be 104 which is unique to say the least.

Delphox should be OU. With the high possibility of a raise in Fairy & Poison types coming into the OU tier, Delphox is perfect against them. Honestly, for that reason alone it should be OU. I've been using a Modest Delphox with Psychic/Flamethrower/Grass Knot/HP Fighting, and it's coverage is amazing, with only Gyarados really walling the mess out of me. If you're worried about speed so much, go with Choice Scarf/Modest Nature.
Also, for those comparing it to Victini which is in UU; Delphox is faster than Victini with higher Sp.Atk.

Total noob question, but how did you get your Delphox with Magician? I thought that was it's hidden ability?
It's worth bearing in mind that X/Y are currently unhackable, being 3DS games. So if we've confirmed something as existing in X/Y (as opposed to being hypothetically transferable from Gen 5 in the future), it's something they've found ingame and is therefore available.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Delphox should be OU. With the high possibility of a raise in Fairy & Poison types coming into the OU tier, Delphox is perfect against them. Honestly, for that reason alone it should be OU. I've been using a Modest Delphox with Psychic/Flamethrower/Grass Knot/HP Fighting, and it's coverage is amazing, with only Gyarados really walling the mess out of me. If you're worried about speed so much, go with Choice Scarf/Modest Nature.
I think otherwise. We haven't seen the competitive community, let alone the metagame, develop enough to assume that Fairy-types and Poison-types will actually become common. If anything, Delphox has to face many menacing things that stops it from being effective, including Specially Defensive TTar (which people are increasingly considering using Assault Vest with), speedier threats, Mega-evolutions with increased speed or bulk, and just threats in general that could already handle Infernape and Victini.

Also, tiers are not based on an individual's Pokemon viability or relative performance; they are based on usage, so if Delphox isn't used much (which I personally predict will happen), it will not make OU, and will get into lower tiers instead.

delphox is not perfect against fairy types, I don't know what gives you that idea it has no attacks that will hit for SE damage. I have a very hard time believing it is going to end up in ou with weaknesses to water, rock, ground, ghost and dark and simply not enough speed to be a sweeper. volcarona overcomes the poor defensive typing with quiver dance(and better coverage STABs), trickster is good but it's not that good. it also makes a choice scarf set less appealing.

Magician may seems very gimmicky with no moves to abuse the item stealing properties, but a well-predicted attack with fire gem can ruin quite a few sets. It's an unreliable strategy, but Blaze isn't too reliable either when you think about it.

Any word on if Delphox gets Baton Pass? It definitely feels like a good move for her and could open her up for a good set. Other than that, what about some Magician/Trick shenanigans? Steal an LO off your opponent's sweeper and swap it onto their wall later. Alternatively, I would think that she can since every other fully evolved fire starter has been able to. That could be a fun set if built correctly.

Any word on if Delphox gets Baton Pass? It definitely feels like a good move for her and could open her up for a good set. Other than that, what about some Magician/Trick shenanigans? Steal an LO off your opponent's sweeper and swap it onto their wall later. Alternatively, I would think that she can since every other fully evolved fire starter has been able to. That could be a fun set if built correctly.
I'd check it if someone gave me an Eevee with Baton Pass. I'm still going through the game so I don't feel like leveling one up right now. If anyone is up for it, we can exchange friend codes and I'll have an answer shortly thereafter.

This is flawed for multiple reasons. First to defensively Ev Delphox removes her sole advantage of speed. Weakness Policy serves little purpose to uninvested Special Attack and Speed.

As a honedge "counter", Delphox can already manhandle with fire STAB moves.

I honestly find the fire gem far to gimmicky. Being restricted from using a fire attack until you have a pokemon's item to steal is too risky.

Although this maybe true, I would like to avoid what ifs and discuss what is. Delphox's speed is confirmed to be 104 which is unique to say the least.
who said you had to hold a fire type move specifically to Steal an item, You don't really have to steal anything, the possibility is just there and, other than White herb Overheat, there's really not many other reasons to even use Magician at this point without knowledge of egg moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)